BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 53 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 52 53
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Seriously, no surprises this weekend. Nobody is beating the top 2 teams, it's them and everyone else. See you in DC

Same old story. CoachC wins again, everyone complains, not fair, cheating, not on age, holdbacks. Clearly LIE doing something right. Every program is chasing them, get over it.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo schedule was pretty embarassing. Now the question is do you want to go to DC and be everyone's punching bag? Because you aint playin the PAL teams you did over the weekend. Then again, maybe they will as they need about a dozen from the North to fill out their lousy tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo schedule was pretty embarassing. Now the question is do you want to go to DC and be everyone's punching bag? Because you aint playin the PAL teams you did over the weekend. Then again, maybe they will as they need about a dozen from the North to fill out their lousy tournament.
Of course they'll go, as will about 9 other teams with directors telling the parents the kids "earned it" and they deserve to go. This tourney has turned into a joke and that is coming from someone whose tam went undefeated. I wish we were playing meaningful games elsewhere against teams we don't see every weekend. I guess truth is where else we playing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop with the Igloo talk. They had a nice team a bunch of years ago. They've had CoachC envy ever since. Not a terrible program, but they are certainly not in the same league as LIE and 91, never will be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a team is using age eligible players it’s an issue...Really? IMHO nothing wrong with putting your team in the best position to win. Not kinda stinks for the kids that are part of the team to be moved down the bench, I get that, but maybe consider taking your kid out of that situation. Let him go be a starter on another team. It will make tourneys more enjoyable for your son and you, and so what he is not on the super elite AA team, but it’s a solid team with good coaches. Practice the best players I know is the counter argument, but nothing develops a player more than confidence on the field.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still really bad look for tourney organizers. They played 2 of the 3 worst teams, minus the shiny Red helmets. Igloo Didnt play one real program Day 1. Even the brackets were lopsided. But if thats a "win" then so be it. It just goes to show the whole thing is a joke and anyone that says different has their head in the sand. Good for the kids but it should be taken at face value only.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would love to hear from the stunad who said the pack goalie was overrated. He is top 5 in 2024. Clearly he had an impact today.
In addition he is a quiet kid so not sure why this fool tried to attack him. Enjoy the loss DB. If you had any stones you would type out an apology

How Bout the rest of the pack players that were brought with him . All of a sudden 3-5 6 footers on the team? Lol . And before it's even said I understand that birth certificates are used to register but there is also not one person checking Anyone in at that facility. No one checking in teams or players , you could bring in college players and no one would question you ..what a joke . Total scam

You are a lonely man. You're saying 91 cares so much about winning this title for the 3rd year in a row that they are bringing ineligible players regardless of the proof required? That's an amazing leap but whatever lets you sleep at night. I feel for your son. I get the whole hold-back convo and that annoyance but you have reached a new low......and whoever said the WP goalie is quiet has never seen him play or on the sidelines. Great kid. Great goalie. Def not quiet. For those of you finding excuses, your team just wasn’t good enough. Nothing wrong with that. Adjust your expectations and let Johnnie play. For the guy who thinks that teams are using fake birth certificates and bringing in extra players under the cover of darkness, grow up. You stink and your kid is probably even worse. Must detest it when the other kids try to take the ball from him. After all, it isn't fair, they didn't let him try something. No trophy for you!

What was said was there is no one checking in at the facility , so you could walk right onto a field there and be 2 years older and nobody is checking . And 91 did just that with their 2025 team . That team was brutal in the fall and all of a sudden 3 tremendous players pop up for the tournament. Lol. And I couldn't care less about the wsyl,you clearly do spewing years of history .cheaters gonna cheat that's just the way it is and then the wsyl directors wonder why it's dying and nobody cares about it . It's because it's poorly run with cheatera running rampant . Register with the correct names /birth certificates then bring other players and nobody checks. That's the way to do it hooray for your plaque

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Other than 91 , were there any other teams that were impressive? It seemed to be 91, CoachC, then the mid level teams and finally the bottom level of teams that were just sparing partners...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still really bad look for tourney organizers. They played 2 of the 3 worst teams, minus the shiny Red helmets. Igloo Didnt play one real program Day 1. Even the brackets were lopsided. But if thats a "win" then so be it. It just goes to show the whole thing is a joke and anyone that says different has their head in the sand. Good for the kids but it should be taken at face value only.
Come on down to DC. Give up your family 4th of July weekend to stay at our luxurious tournament sponsored hotel just minutes from the fields. You'll get a beautiful new uniform, media guide all the false hope we can provide. Did I mention you are all playing for third place? and btw most of you will never be heard from again as far lacrosse goes, but hey, it's all about the experience right.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously, no surprises this weekend. Nobody is beating the top 2 teams, it's them and everyone else. See you in DC

Same old story. CoachC wins again, everyone complains, not fair, cheating, not on age, holdbacks. Clearly LIE doing something right. Every program is chasing them, get over it.

I love this one! 52-10 - six games of dominance!!!

By Team 91!

CoachC too small!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would love to hear from the stunad who said the pack goalie was overrated. He is top 5 in 2024. Clearly he had an impact today.
In addition he is a quiet kid so not sure why this fool tried to attack him. Enjoy the loss DB. If you had any stones you would type out an apology

How Bout the rest of the pack players that were brought with him . All of a sudden 3-5 6 footers on the team? Lol . And before it's even said I understand that birth certificates are used to register but there is also not one person checking Anyone in at that facility. No one checking in teams or players , you could bring in college players and no one would question you ..what a joke . Total scam

You are a lonely man. You're saying 91 cares so much about winning this title for the 3rd year in a row that they are bringing ineligible players regardless of the proof required? That's an amazing leap but whatever lets you sleep at night. I feel for your son. I get the whole hold-back convo and that annoyance but you have reached a new low......and whoever said the WP goalie is quiet has never seen him play or on the sidelines. Great kid. Great goalie. Def not quiet. For those of you finding excuses, your team just wasn’t good enough. Nothing wrong with that. Adjust your expectations and let Johnnie play. For the guy who thinks that teams are using fake birth certificates and bringing in extra players under the cover of darkness, grow up. You stink and your kid is probably even worse. Must detest it when the other kids try to take the ball from him. After all, it isn't fair, they didn't let him try something. No trophy for you!

What was said was there is no one checking in at the facility , so you could walk right onto a field there and be 2 years older and nobody is checking . And 91 did just that with their 2025 team . That team was brutal in the fall and all of a sudden 3 tremendous players pop up for the tournament. Lol. And I couldn't care less about the wsyl,you clearly do spewing years of history .cheaters gonna cheat that's just the way it is and then the wsyl directors wonder why it's dying and nobody cares about it . It's because it's poorly run with cheatera running rampant . Register with the correct names /birth certificates then bring other players and nobody checks. That's the way to do it hooray for your plaque

it’s the same kids with some quality newcomers .... they played great and as a team. Some of the best performances were from smaller, tougher boys and a defense that has been mostly the same for years.

Please just shut up and say congratulations!

And you think Canny would take that beating and not say anything if 91 was cheating? Never! Plus not even the biggest kid is more that 6 feet. And it’s called puberty, you know, like when you get hair under your arms, and you start to need the manscaper...maybe you missed that,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
EAST (not North) were BIG boys!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good for the deserving teams, good for the parents of those programs. But do the other teams and parents feel their kid's club is good enough to compete with teams outside of LI, vs clubs that will punish 91 & Exp as well? Some teams that played shouldnt have been there and it was evident. They wasted their money. But that is probably what the parents wanted. And dont tell me about the experience. Driving 5 hrs to be eliminated in 2 hrs and play "consolation games" in a rain storm the next day? Doesnt sound like an enticing experience to me. Should have spent that $ getting your kid's more even competition locally.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you think a bunch of HS sophomores spent their weekend in DE pretending to be 8th graders? Please take off the tin-foil hat and rejoin us in the reality-based community. All the 91 players were age-eligible. They have practiced hard and their hard work showed this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If grand island had 91 schedule or was in other bracket they would of made playoffs. That’s how much it shows that’s it’s a huge scam. Taking nothing away from 91 they were best team, but they had kids from other teams. If tourney let’s you it’s all legal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good for the deserving teams, good for the parents of those programs. But do the other teams and parents feel their kid's club is good enough to compete with teams outside of LI, vs clubs that will punish 91 & Exp as well? Some teams that played shouldnt have been there and it was evident. They wasted their money. But that is probably what the parents wanted. And dont tell me about the experience. Driving 5 hrs to be eliminated in 2 hrs and play "consolation games" in a rain storm the next day? Doesnt sound like an enticing experience to me. Should have spent that $ getting your kid's more even competition locally.
There seems to be a huge gap now in tournaments. B and C teams play in tournaments they have no chance of winning or even being competitive in. Used to be plenty of reasonable tournaments, clubs and talent to go around. Now the top programs take 30 or more kids and tournaments are mega events. None of this is good for the development of young athletes, but hey what do I know. Everyone else seems willing to pay, travel and chase the top programs in hope of one day making it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GI was one of the worst there. There were a few really bad clubs. There were about 6 teams that were exceptionally bad that ended up beating on each other during a meaningless day 2.. Bottom line: Any of the lower echelon teams could have had "easier" schedule but it dont matter becasue they cant beat the better teams like 91, Exp, etc, etc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not even close that the biggest cake walk was CoachC. S2S, CT Wolves and Legacy are B+ teams at best. Express and 91 are going to get the easiest path every time but those programs have kind of earned that right at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was a coach there this weekend. No one from world series checked our roster, no one from world series even looking at our games. Just a nice money grab, there is no integrity at this event anymore what a shame. The selection process is insanely flawed. They need a tri-state format for seeding, bc some of these cake walks just hurts a lot of these other clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There seems to be a huge gap now in tournaments. B and C teams play in tournaments they have no chance of winning or even being competitive in. Used to be plenty of reasonable tournaments, clubs and talent to go around. Now the top programs take 30 or more kids and tournaments are mega events. None of this is good for the development of young athletes, but hey what do I know. Everyone else seems willing to pay, travel and chase the top programs in hope of one day making it.

I honestly believe people don’t what the right answer is until they go through the whole process and do a look back. For now it’s use my checkbook and influence to get my kid on a the best team. Not get my kid on the team that he can be the best on. Will those teams every beat a 91, Express, Hawks etc..not likely. But isn’t that okay? I really, really enjoy one thing about youth sports, watching my son play and him and his team succeeding. Sorry I measure success that way, but what other way is there? If you had a son play no meaningful minutes this weekend, you probably want to evaluate and ask is this every going to change?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GI was one of the worst there. There were a few really bad clubs. There were about 6 teams that were exceptionally bad that ended up beating on each other during a meaningless day 2.. Bottom line: Any of the lower echelon teams could have had "easier" schedule but it don't matter because they can't beat the better teams like 91, Exp, etc, etc

GI was actually surprisingly a very gritty team. Took 1 or 2 goal losses to Eclipse, Primetime, Rebels. Then Beat up on Legacy and Shore 2 Shore. Like if they are in that top bracket would have an easy path to championship bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you think igloo isn't part of the NLF anymore ? Becauae they called out 91 for cheating and the NLF mafia said " wait a minute buddy we all do that so now you're out of the NLF mafia ".

No one checks a darn thing and they all know it and have been doing it for years.....there are definitely older kids on the wsyl teams and 91 is always the biggest offender and it's the worst kept secret in youth lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was a coach there this weekend. No one from world series checked our roster, no one from world series even looking at our games. Just a nice money grab, there is no integrity at this event anymore what a shame. The selection process is insanely flawed. They need a tri-state format for seeding, bc some of these cake walks just hurts a lot of these other clubs.

So your sons team didn’t win?

They seed the teams like the NCAA. So Express had it easy the first day and so did 91. Too bad if you don’t like it. Tell your story to UVA in 2018.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you think igloo isn't part of the NLF anymore ? Becauae they called out 91 for cheating and the NLF mafia said " wait a minute buddy we all do that so now you're out of the NLF mafia ".

No one checks a darn thing and they all know it and have been doing it for years.....there are definitely older kids on the wsyl teams and 91 is always the biggest offender and it's the worst kept secret in youth lacrosse

This is simply not true. All the kids on 91 are age-eligible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GI was one of the worst there. There were a few really bad clubs. There were about 6 teams that were exceptionally bad that ended up beating on each other during a meaningless day 2.. Bottom line: Any of the lower echelon teams could have had "easier" schedule but it don't matter because they can't beat the better teams like 91, Exp, etc, etc

GI was actually surprisingly a very gritty team. Took 1 or 2 goal losses to Eclipse, Primetime, Rebels. Then Beat up on Legacy and Shore 2 Shore. Like if they are in that top bracket would have an easy path to championship bracket.
Rebels, Legacy and Shore 2 Shore had no business being there, regardless of what their records wound up being. No meaningful wins and clearly miles behind the top tier teams. They are not doing their brand any favors by getting in tournaments over their head.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok, Thanks Igloo director. Go heal after the 91 beat down. Hope to see you in DC, but whats the point?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were easier schedules but does it matter? You want a weaker bracket in order to advance, only to get schooled by superior teams? Look at Igloo...Played the bottom of the barrel Day 1 and then got beat up by 91 when it mattered. The 3 teams mentioned above clearly were not ready. They should have stayed home and had a 3 way "Playdate" Cheaper, closer and more balanced competition. Body by Jake thanks them all for their contributions. See you next year!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about the kid who lives in Texas that played? Maybe he got a PO Box in Shirley

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh stop...The kid "in Tx" has been playing with them since he was in 3rd grade" FACT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with this one hundred percent. There’s nobody checking anything. Yeah you have to submit a copy of a birth certificate but once you get to the event no one checks a thing. With most clubs using this event as a main sell to recruit kids, I could easily see them scamming the system. For an event that had such hype I have to say it was nothing special. It actually seemed worse run than a lot of tourneys on Long Island I’ve been too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not checking anything? Cmon bro.... they were checking the below:

-checking that all of your checks cleared!
-checking their bank accounts.
-checking that the parking meters were full
-checking the swag sales

and most importantly,

-checking that the sheep will all be doing it again in July..Baaaah! Baaaah! Baaaah!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is on a team that had no chance and he wanted nothing more than to go and have the experience. To some extent its the only time he and his buddies get to see the big bad boys from LI. He had fun and thought it was a cool event. Glad we dont have to go to Denver though. Really dont get why this isnt an east coast event in Philadelphia around the same time as the NCAA finals but thats me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were easier schedules but does it matter? You want a weaker bracket in order to advance, only to get schooled by superior teams? Look at Igloo...Played the bottom of the barrel Day 1 and then got beat up by 91 when it mattered. The 3 teams mentioned above clearly were not ready. They should have stayed home and had a 3 way "Playdate" Cheaper, closer and more balanced competition. Body by Jake thanks them all for their contributions. See you next year!

91, Choppers and Igloo all played weak day 1 schedules because the tournament was weak overall. Too many teams that should not have been there entered and paid the price twice, $ and embarrassment.

Igloo played 91 closer than Choppers and they’ve been running with 91 and Choppers all season. Let’s hear the excuses why they had a closer score then Choppers as I’m sure there are plenty. At the end of the day the best teams rise to the top regardless of schedule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right .....keep bringing in the pack players while nobody watches or checks anything . My dog has a higher IQ than all of the 91 dad's combined .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91, Choppers and Igloo all played weak day 1 schedules because the tournament was weak overall. Too many teams that should not have been there entered and paid the price twice, $ and embarrassment.

Igloo played 91 closer than Choppers and they’ve been running with 91 and Choppers all season. Let’s hear the excuses why they had a closer score then Choppers as I’m sure there are plenty. At the end of the day the best teams rise to the top regardless of schedule.

91 shut it down and now Igloo has a glimmer of hope. Might as well have played the 4 corners. Outclassed!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about the kid who lives in Texas that played? Maybe he got a PO Box in Shirley

Call Jake and complain! TX kid was as good as they come and was on the roster last year when it was cancelled. No one was hiding it and it’s been approved. So stop your crying and just say great work 91! You want to complain about big boys? Wait until you see the all star teams from the East.

You better get right out to the practice field, your boys need to work on their offense. If they had played LiE, they wouldn’t have been as nice. Chanster would have run up the score.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh stop...The kid "in Tx" has been playing with them since he was in 3rd grade" FACT

So has the goalie who got replaced by the Wolfpack kid. Nice...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So has the goalie who got replaced by the Wolfpack kid. Nice...

The "Tx" kid only recently moved to Texas. He is an LI kid, born and raised. The Wolfpack kid isn't replacing anyone - the goalie position has been open for going on two years and the WSYL rules require two goalies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Call Jake and complain! TX kid was as good as they come and was on the roster last year when it was cancelled. No one was hiding it and it’s been approved. So stop your crying and just say great work 91! You want to complain about big boys? Wait until you see the all star teams from the East.

You better get right out to the practice field, your boys need to work on their offense. If they had played LiE, they wouldn’t have been as nice. Chanster would have run up the score.
Igloo doing what they do best. Complaining! What has this 2025 group ever won? It took another program folding for you to acquire your only offensive weapon. Igloo is where players go to be average. Other than your Black Ice team, what success can you point to. We are consistently the top program year after year. You claim being the anti travel program, when in fact you're a bigger fraud than the two dominant programs you desperately chase. Why is it that Igloo parents somehow think they're "above it all". At least our clubs hold the kids accountable for their play and playing time. Daddy ball still king at Igloo, just a little more subtle.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The most amusing part of this is that now Igloo knows they have no shot. Will they even show up?

My bet is AA takes them out of the event. Maybe he will be the smart one of the bunch. They’ll quit, no question about it.

Page 28 of 53 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 52 53

Link Copied to Clipboard