BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,812
Posts386,977
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 97 of 267 1 2 95 96 97 98 99 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t think 9-6 over VLC is a whooping. Especially against a team that has been together for 2 months. Hilarious.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Apparently the RRs did not do well. Why were they there? Looks like rec league scores.
Who cares.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks looked good but wouldn’t say they are the favorite to win WS. They have many weakness that were observed this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who else was surprised to see the few of those Hawks players were actually on age

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who else was surprised to see the few of those Hawks players were actually on age

Thanks Hawk dad for your post.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

People have been telling you that for years on here

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apparently the RRs did not do well. Why were they there? Looks like rec league scores.

They looked rough. But they looked they had a few decent players- 0,7, 14

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares.

Wow, you really are hurt that a team wanted a chance to play better teams? You have some deep seeded issues if you honestly feel that a tournament is exclusive to elite teams only.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. Yes. The Hawks are weak. They stink actually. Coming out on top this weekend was a mixture of luck, bad refs, and my son’s team not playing as well as it could. They are not the favorites. Frankly, they shouldn’t even show up in July. Seriously. Don’t believe the scores. Believe me. They are terrible. VLC Black Ops is the real deal!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. Yes. The Hawks are weak. They stink actually. Coming out on top this weekend was a mixture of luck, bad refs, and my son’s team not playing as well as it could. They are not the favorites. Frankly, they shouldn’t even show up in July. Seriously. Don’t believe the scores. Believe me. They are terrible. VLC Black Ops is the real deal!!!!

What a joke of a post. If they are terrible, how bad is your team that lost to them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Black Ops is a money grab.
$1,300 to be on a team as long as you know people.
Won’t advance thru qualifier unless they shore up the defense.
How do you pay that for 1 tournament?

Look like the defense did just fine; this post surely didn’t age well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was.

I was not

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. Yes. The Hawks are weak. They stink actually. Coming out on top this weekend was a mixture of luck, bad refs, and my son’s team not playing as well as it could. They are not the favorites. Frankly, they shouldn’t even show up in July. Seriously. Don’t believe the scores. Believe me. They are terrible. VLC Black Ops is the real deal!!!! (“Quote”)

The above is beyond absurd. As my son’s team finished early in the consolation bracket we watched the Hawks Black Ops game before heading home. From our perspective the Hawks were in control of the game the entire time we watched. In speaking with Hawks parents we learned the team on the field was their full team less 3 or so kids who were a month or two over the age requirement for WSYL. Instead of replacing these slots with “walk-ons” they moved a few kids up from their 27 team to fill out the roster.

In speaking to Black Ops parents, on the other hand, we learned the team exists in gross violation of the spirit and rules of WSYL. It is a team formed by merging the best on-age players from 4 or so HOCO teams plus a few one offs from other programs. While they played well enough they were no where near the better of the two teams despite the merged nature of their roster. Our family spoke about this on the ride home and our consensus was “shame on you Black Ops coaches and parents”.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They did look rough Great Pun. Felt bad for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huh?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks Parents: Congratulations for your boys going undefeated this weekend. They played incredible: face off and goalie play was top notch.

Hawks Parents: There is absolutely no reason you all have to be so obnoxious on the sidelines. You are giving your kids bad reputations when they are really phenomenal athletes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough of Wsyl talk. No one cares. 91 in first place of HOCO. Enough said!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks are a very solid team well coached

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought 95 was strong

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks Parents: Congratulations for your boys going undefeated this weekend. They played incredible: face off and goalie play was top notch.

Hawks Parents: There is absolutely no reason you all have to be so obnoxious on the sidelines. You are giving your kids bad reputations when they are really phenomenal athletes.

As parents we do ruin things

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. Yes. The Hawks are weak. They stink actually. Coming out on top this weekend was a mixture of luck, bad refs, and my son’s team not playing as well as it could. They are not the favorites. Frankly, they shouldn’t even show up in July. Seriously. Don’t believe the scores. Believe me. They are terrible. VLC Black Ops is the real deal!!!! (“Quote”)

The above is beyond absurd. As my son’s team finished early in the consolation bracket we watched the Hawks Black Ops game before heading home. From our perspective the Hawks were in control of the game the entire time we watched. In speaking with Hawks parents we learned the team on the field was their full team less 3 or so kids who were a month or two over the age requirement for WSYL. Instead of replacing these slots with “walk-ons” they moved a few kids up from their 27 team to fill out the roster.

In speaking to Black Ops parents, on the other hand, we learned the team exists in gross violation of the spirit and rules of WSYL. It is a team formed by merging the best on-age players from 4 or so HOCO teams plus a few one offs from other programs. While they played well enough they were no where near the better of the two teams despite the merged nature of their roster. Our family spoke about this on the ride home and our consensus was “shame on you Black Ops coaches and parents”.

Don't forget shame on WSYL for allowing them in

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huh?

Sorry everyone. I was just making fun of the “Black Ops” parents who lost to the Hawks (and Tigers) and yet still disrespect them. What a notIntelligent, absolutely ridiculous name “Black Ops” is by the way. I’m surprised that hasn’t been discussed on this board. How is your secret military mission working out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting. Clearly Black Ops was the only team violating that rule. It’s a shame you called that team out rather than all of the “True” teams where each kid had a different helmet on. Or the 14U MadLax team who Next Level and others on the roster.

Shame on you, MadLax parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough of Wsyl talk. No one cares. 91 in first place of HOCO. Enough said!

This is why we come to Back of the Cage. Than you, 91 Dad. We missed you this weekend too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[ChillLaxin] considering he they lost

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are nothing compared to what I saw from Black Ops this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I disagree. Spoke to several Saturday. All were nice. They cheered on their kids. They appreciated good plays from our kids. Good luck to them this summer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fake post Hawk daddy. You didn’t talk to anybody, please give me break.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares.

Wow, you really are hurt that a team wanted a chance to play better teams? You have some deep seeded issues if you honestly feel that a tournament is exclusive to elite teams only.
Protip: don't feed the trolls

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares.

Agree. Give them credit for trying. They could have sat home. They chose to go play top notch teams knowing what they were getting into. Props.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a joke of a post. If they are terrible, how bad is your team that lost to them.

This board has a difficult time understanding sarcasm. Obviously written by a Hawks parent to take a swipe at the haters and a black ops team that’s been together for a few months that they beat by 3 goals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She said Consolation Game - enough said about this post. Must be a mom from one those powerhouse True Teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said. Lacrosse is a small world, and your son’s names are becoming known, and you are giving them bad reputations that will stick with them in HS and college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought 95 was strong

Sounds like a parent or a one of the coaches putting these numbers out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said. Lacrosse is a small world, and your son’s names are becoming known, and you are giving them bad reputations that will stick with them in HS and college.

Exactly. If they are not already, all of the Hawks kids are going to start getting looks from prospective colleges either directly or indirectly by simply playing on a top 3 team. When these recruiters come out and sit on the sidelines with you, I would strongly recommend you and the other parents be on your best behavior. If I were to have to choose between two fairly evenly-matched prospects I will choose the kid whose parents did not stand out (in a negative way) during games 100% of the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WYSL East Qualifiers?
Hawks
Tigers
VLC Black OPS
Jersey Express
Madlax Monunments
BBL

North Qualifiers:
LI Express CoachC
Sweetlax
2way
Primetime
Team 91
Eclipse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This board has a difficult time understanding sarcasm. Obviously written by a Hawks parent to take a swipe at the haters and a black ops team that’s been together for a few months that they beat by 3 goals.

I'm just someone with common sense and someone who understands lacrosse. You don't have to blow a team out to prove that you're better than them and your continued posts about "only being together for 3 months" just highlights how pathetic and brazen your attempt is to circumvent the WSYL rules.

All this trash talk from parents. The kids play and save their talk for the field. Then when they do the same joke parents come on here and make excuses and tell us not to believe the scores. The scores are actually all that matter. You can keep telling yourself they don't, but spare the rest of us. Good luck to Black Ops this summer. They had some great athletes and some obnoxious parents still pissed Rick Singer got caught. Only one team is going to win this thing. I hope it's finally a team from our area and I hope the parents of the teams that don't win won't come on here afterwards and make excuses. Just shake hands and move on. This is 13-year old lacrosse. Stop ruining it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We watched the Hawks vs Black Ops game. The better team won! But The Black ops did turn it on the second half.
At half time the score was 5-1 Hawks
In the second half I don’t know what the Ops did but they were able to score 5 times and the defense did slow down the Hawks.
Final score 9-6.

It’s all about the kids having fun at these tournaments who cares if the teams were put together 5 months ago or 5 years.

And I didn’t see any obnoxious behavior from the Hawk parents as I’ve seen before.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There have been several comments here about teams trying to circumvent WSYL rules by joining clubs and making all star teams. Specifically Black Ops.

If you read the rules that are in question, it does appear they are in violation of that rule. But in all seriousness, could this team have even entered the WSYL without the WSYL board knowing how the team was formed? If I understand correctly, the Black Ops team hasn’t attempted to hide anything. They clearly state the 13 and 14U teams are made up of multiple clubs.

If Black Ops will be disqualified from playing in July, what happens to all of the other teams who brought on players from other clubs? I would imagine that would disqualify several teams and cause a major disruption in how the WSYL games are organized.

If someone can state with 100% confidence that Black Ops and others have some how snuck past the WSYL board, then please let this us know. Otherwise, let’s put this one to bed.

And while we’re putting things to bed, can we all agree to stop complaining about the Hawks’ holdbacks? It was made very clear this weekend how few holdbacks they have and they are arguably the best 2026 team in the country. And no, I am not a Hawks parent.

Like Reply Quote
Page 97 of 267 1 2 95 96 97 98 99 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard