BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 251 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 250 251
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Cavs don’t play are they going to redo the schedules? Or will their opponents just get a forfeit win? The latter seems a little unfair to everyone since the teams that were playing them lose a game and the teams that don’t (looks like NL and True Annapolis) don’t get a free win for the purposes of the playoff standings.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who keeps using the foolish word? Haha. That’s the real creep in here.

Now- what happened to the 2028 Cavs??

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If Cavs don’t play are they going to redo the schedules? Or will their opponents just get a forfeit win? The latter seems a little unfair to everyone since the teams that were playing them lose a game and the teams that don’t (looks like NL and True Annapolis) don’t get a free win for the purposes of the playoff standings.

Next Level doesn't play Cav's

If the schedule stands and now we get bye weeks, these teams lose the potential W vs Cavs:
True KP
Crabs
Hawks
Madlax
BLC
FCA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t really care about the playoff and standings as much as just trying to get more games in. It stinks to lose a game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So—- what happened to the Cavs????

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cavs just had all of their HOCO games switched to TBD. Anyone know what happened? I came here knowing someone must know

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cavs just had all of their HOCO games switched to TBD. Anyone know what happened? I came here knowing someone must know

Did not want to play elite so pulled out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cannons, FCA White or Blue Claws will be moving up from AAA to take the Cav's spot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a mess, elite should have been 8 teams from the start. Cavs are pretty good and would get better staying in elite. Option could be 2 teams drop down and make up the games or swap cavs for cannons who never shy away from hard games. Bigger shame is that AAA has great parity so the teams dropping down would disrupt that. Just hoping for no byes or cancellations due to these shenanigans.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can the cavs just pull out after the season started?

That’s just unfair to everyone else. And yes elite should have been 6 teams - maybe just 6.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should have been 8 teams. Everyone plays everyone.

Agreed it’s lame to pull your team after it’s started.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cavs should be banned from HOCO for bring such wussies

So Lame.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cannons, FCA White or Blue Claws will be moving up from AAA to take the Cav's spot.

Says who? I doubt this happens. However, Blue Claws (formerly known as Bel Air) would be the team that should go if that happens. They beat the Cannons and HLC at Summer Exposure last summer. They don’t seem to like to play up though. Never seen them challenge themselves and try to play in the top tier at tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says who? I doubt this happens. However, Blue Claws (formerly known as Bel Air) would be the team that should go if that happens. They beat the Cannons and HLC at Summer Exposure last summer. They don’t seem to like to play up though. Never seen them challenge themselves and try to play in the top tier at tournaments.

You’ve never seen them challenge themselves? What, in the one year they went from rec to club?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’ve never seen them challenge themselves? What, in the one year they went from rec to club?

Huh? Bel Air has been a club longer than a year. The 2028 team played in the last spring hoco league which was in 2019. Check their tournament records. They usually go undefeated in the tournaments they play in. They are not signing up to play against top competition. The name change is irrelevant to the discussion. It’s still the same program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huh? Bel Air has been a club longer than a year. The 2028 team played in the last spring hoco league which was in 2019. Check their tournament records. They usually go undefeated in the tournaments they play in. They are not signing up to play against top competition. The name change is irrelevant to the discussion. It’s still the same program.

Bel Air has had club offerings for the past couple years. Mostly "Club-lite." They were very good for a rec-based team but never competed in the AA or AAA level.

So if it's the same, squad, I'd say that's a step up. I am familiar with the Bel Air teams. My kid's team played the Blue Claws this summer. Those teams have a few of the same kids, but definitely some new faces and different coaching staffs from a year ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cavs should be banned from HOCO for bring such wussies

So Lame.

Assuming they registered to play in AAA, were forced into Elite and haven't been competitive with the Elite team, why blame them? When going through this with my 2023 son you couldn't be in elite unless your results showed it. Beat down games are waste of time for both teams. Moral killer for the lost and teacher of bad habits for the winners

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A swap of teams doesn’t make sense tho either.

Season has already started. Teams have all already played in their divisions. How would that work?

Do Cavs just not play at all? Why would they do that. Sounds like a silly alternative to losing games. And who says they would lose every game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Better idea is to move HLC and Cavaliers down and go with 8 teams. At least the Cavaliers were competitive against Elite teams, HLC not so much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bel Air has had club offerings for the past couple years. Mostly "Club-lite." They were very good for a rec-based team but never competed in the AA or AAA level.

So if it's the same, squad, I'd say that's a step up. I am familiar with the Bel Air teams. My kid's team played the Blue Claws this summer. Those teams have a few of the same kids, but definitely some new faces and different coaching staffs from a year ago.

HOCO, Hereford, Bethesda, and Kelly Post are all clubs that are attached to or affiliated with Rec programs. All of those teams compete on a high level. Don’t really see your point about Bel Air.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cavs are a bunch of quitters.

What a great example to show their kids. Instead of competing...they quit on everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, lots of dumping on Cavs. Does anybody know the true story on why they dropped down?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anybody give an honest assessment of how the Cavs would have done in Elite? If they had a chance to be competitive in most of their games but wanted to go trophy hunting in AAA, that is bad. But if they were projected to lose every game by 5-6 goals or more, then they did the right thing by dropping down. It would crush their own players' love for the game to get killed every week, and blowout games are a waste of time for both teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly I think they would have been competitive with HLC, True KP and BLC. They were going to have a tough time with the top teams.

Also, you never know their situation relative to COVID, who knows how much they practiced.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, lots of dumping on Cavs. Does anybody know the true story on why they dropped down?

Well, do we actually know they dropped down?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are better than BLC, Kelly Post, and HLC. HOCO should always cap Elite at 8 for competitive balance, everyone plays each other once. With just 4 teams making playoffs the unbalanced schedule could leave a deserving team out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coming out of a lost season, it is anybody's guess but quitting should be the last option. They went 0-3 in the Spring invitational with a 0-9 loss to crabs that probably spooked the parents/coaches but it is not a reason to forfeit a season and I hope they don't. Understandable and not here to dump on them and think they are good team. Cavs would have gone 2-5, maybe 3-4 and possibly better. The back to back with Hawks/Crabs/Madlax stretch would be tough and could be lopsided games but also could create a big upset fi they hung in any them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody know someone on the Cavs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do people think about Crabs v. Madlax? Crabs has had some good results recently. Think they can give Madlax a run?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We just played ML, still very good. They are sound and fundamental and are aggressive. The goalie is very solid. Have not seen the Crabs play in a while but IMHO I think the 28 is wide open where FCA, Hawks, Crabs, NL, ML, True could all possibly beat one another. Just based on what I have seen I would think FCA, Hawks, and ML may be the best of the bunch. Just an opinion but it looks like every week will be a dogfight. I think they are all solid teams. With that said NL is always tough and True is improving every week. Crabs and ML should be a competitive game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is true generally but goalie and face off strength really is going to tip the balance for the top 5-6 teams. All the top teams are good at possessing the ball and play pretty sound defense. Goalies and face off are going to decide most games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 9- Crabs 7. Bet me! hahah

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally anecdotal, but I saw MadLax and Next Level play my son's team in the last few weeks (Hawks). While the scores were similar, I thought Next Level was the better team. Next Level made us pay for doing "dense" things and could have easily won, while we made mental mistakes against MadLax which kept it closer than it should have been (ran out of bounds 2x with nobody on us and didn't get into the box 3 times). Both teams were good and I would guess both would beat the Crabs, but who knows? There are some really good players on all of these teams.

They are 10/11 y/o old kids, a few weeks of practice still makes a big difference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Hawks dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally anecdotal, but I saw MadLax and Next Level play my son's team in the last few weeks (Hawks). While the scores were similar, I thought Next Level was the better team. Next Level made us pay for doing "dense" things and could have easily won, while we made mental mistakes against MadLax which kept it closer than it should have been (ran out of bounds 2x with nobody on us and didn't get into the box 3 times). Both teams were good and I would guess both would beat the Crabs, but who knows? There are some really good players on all of these teams.

They are 10/11 y/o old kids, a few weeks of practice still makes a big difference.

Absolutely. A few plays either way can lead to a win for any one of these teams. I would imagine by the end of the year, the team that wins the Ship will have earned it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

7-4 madlax wins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

7-4 madlax wins.
It will be closer than 3. Last possession wins game. You heard it here first.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone seen a schedule update?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haven't seen Crabs in a while, but they're not going to beat ML through their set offense. If they win the majority of faceoffs and play good transition offense (both Madlax weak points), they'll be able to hang no problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone define what a holdback is? If a kid has a summer birthday and his parents understandably have him do an extra year of preschool does that make him a holdback?

To be sure, 6 months can make a difference at this age, but if you failed to understand or learn about childhood development and pushed your kid into kindergarten so he could be the youngest in the class for some reason then you made a bad call and that’s on you.

If you hold your kid back in middle school and have him play with his new grade then that’s weak. That kid is now a holdback and should be called out.

I just want to clear this up so everyone can either relax and appreciate their son’s work ethic and commitment or stew in their own bad parenting decisions. One choice is for winners...

What parents do is their business summer holdback dad, It is getting an advantage in YOUTH sports that other children born on the same day dont get. I always say, Everyone should be allowed to play down a year if they want, irregardless of grade. Then it would be a fair youth system, but then, you holdbacks wouldnt get an advantage in youth

Anyone who thought it was a good idea to put their kid in kindergarten so he could turn 18 the summer after his senior year is a Camaro driving stunad, but if it’s that upsetting to you then you should hold your kid back. I remember playing against a kid with a moustache when I was 12. He dominated and it felt unfair. By 8th grade he was average and by high school nobody heard from him again. Your kid is in 5th grade. Relax. Hold him back or stop complaining.

holdbacks rule in High School as they rule in Middle School. MIAA D1 players are mainly ( not all) holdbacks. It works.

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 251 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 250 251
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard