BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 26 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 25 26
Re: Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So after the drama a few days ago over if Tilts was as great as people said, I went digging for game film and through their Instagram. I really disagree with the statement about game time IQ. My daughter and I watched a solid fifteen minutes of their practice that they live streamed. She has friends on the team and is considering moving and has been trying to see what it would be like. Every drill the coach set up was well explained and the reason behind each move was explicitly stated. There were multiple times she stopped kids in the drill to explain why they needed to do something differently. She seems solid, but an opinion I suppose. More importantly the girls were smiling and focus but clearly happy. That’s what matters when all is said and done, no? Nice seeing kids who are being pushed while still loving every step.

Thanks for the breakdown coach Tilts. Your team still stinks!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So after the drama a few days ago over if Tilts was as great as people said, I went digging for game film and through their Instagram. I really disagree with the statement about game time IQ. My daughter and I watched a solid fifteen minutes of their practice that they live streamed. She has friends on the team and is considering moving and has been trying to see what it would be like. Every drill the coach set up was well explained and the reason behind each move was explicitly stated. There were multiple times she stopped kids in the drill to explain why they needed to do something differently. She seems solid, but an opinion I suppose. More importantly the girls were smiling and focus but clearly happy. That’s what matters when all is said and done, no? Nice seeing kids who are being pushed while still loving every step.

You really think the girl would be dense enough to post about herself after being accused of doing so? I just posted this and am definitely not a young woman...unless I’ve been misled about my gender for the past 44 years. Oh and by the way the kids looked pretty good and even if they didn’t what do you gain from being nasty to a group of 14 year olds?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s almost comical that you’re accusing her of posting about herself

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In case there was any misunderstanding they were talking about Jesters coach and his club. Google the name. Not everything on the internet is true, so take it with a grain of salt. The talk around town is that the 23 is the only age that's halfway decent.
As for the teams as mentioned, above Jesters 24 is by far weakest of those mentioned above.

How do you know that? Sounds like someone was doing some serious fishing with their post. People will always find something wrong with a coach, TG, YJ, Jesters. Not a Jesters parent but the spin on this page is crazy.

The jesters 24 coaches are parents ? I do agree that the 24 teams are weak for Jesters.

The '24 group is weak in general.

disagree there is talent amongst this class

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In case there was any misunderstanding they were talking about Jesters coach and his club. Google the name. Not everything on the internet is true, so take it with a grain of salt. The talk around town is that the 23 is the only age that's halfway decent.
As for the teams as mentioned, above Jesters 24 is by far weakest of those mentioned above.

How do you know that? Sounds like someone was doing some serious fishing with their post. People will always find something wrong with a coach, TG, YJ, Jesters. Not a Jesters parent but the spin on this page is crazy.

The 23 ream is the dad coach I believe

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously god forbid someone says something positive about a coach, team, player, program the BOTC keyboard warriors come out and make crazy claims about everyone with zero proof

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Id bet its not Tilts but a 91 troll on the payroll trying to pump up the brand and fleece more suckers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Id bet its not Tilts but a 91 troll on the payroll trying to pump up the brand and fleece more suckers.

I really cannot imagine a world in which this chick would continue to post about herself after being accused by clearly one parent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or it’s actually parents, LIKE ME, who actually have a child who is trained by her who are just trying to help other people find a coach whose going to do for their kids what she’s done for line. How obscene that Id post about her. I can’t even imagine how insane I must be to say something kind on here...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you think their 24 teams are weak?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you think their 24 teams are weak?

Some individual talent but zero team chemistry also jesters has no track record for recruiting. G luck to those kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For Jesters recruiting, hard to have a track record without a 2021 team and only one 2022 team. Jesters do not have a strong 2022 team -- they only have 1 team at that age and they call it Pink, which is their B team designation (Black/Pink/White). So would not expect to see much in recruiting.

Jesters 2023 Black team is ranked as Top 20 club (US Club Lacrosse), so next year will be telling. The 2023 class will be a good case for seeing how the new directors, who were hired this year, do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For Jesters recruiting, hard to have a track record without a 2021 team and only one 2022 team. Jesters do not have a strong 2022 team -- they only have 1 team at that age and they call it Pink, which is their B team designation (Black/Pink/White). So would not expect to see much in recruiting.

Jesters 2023 Black team is ranked as Top 20 club (US Club Lacrosse), so next year will be telling. The 2023 class will be a good case for seeing how the new directors, who were hired this year, do.

Agree. Only concern is that they got too big too fast and I don’t think they were prepared. I think in a few years they’ll be a stronger program. It takes a few years to build a good track record and name for yourself as a program, so I’d suspect their middle schoolers to be the first to really benefit from the program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree. Only concern is that they got too big too fast and I don’t think they were prepared. I think in a few years they’ll be a stronger program. It takes a few years to build a good track record and name for yourself as a program, so I’d suspect their middle schoolers to be the first to really benefit from the program.

They are a Massapequa club team. Pequa always has a few good athletes, I think they will have trouble being competitive with the bigger clubs. Their '23 team is only competitive because of the TG transfer (one of the best girls in the grade). Coaches daughter and one other will get recruited to good programs, the rest will disappear into lax oblivion. Not a top club, maybe 4th ranked on LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]For Jesters recruiting, hard to have a track record without a 2021 team and only one 2022 team. Jesters do not have a strong 2022 team -- they only have 1 team at that age and they call it Pink, which is their B team designation (Black/Pink/White). So would not expect to see much in recruiting.

They are a Massapequa club team. Pequa always has a few good athletes, I think they will have trouble being competitive with the bigger clubs. Their '23 team is only competitive because of the TG transfer (one of the best girls in the grade). Coaches daughter and one other will get recruited to good programs, the rest will disappear into lax oblivion. Not a top club, maybe 4th ranked on LI

Absolutely a 2nd or 3rd tier team in the 23 age group on the island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]For Jesters recruiting, hard to have a track record without a 2021 team and only one 2022 team. Jesters do not have a strong 2022 team -- they only have 1 team at that age and they call it Pink, which is their B team designation (Black/Pink/White). So would not expect to see much in recruiting.

who cares what tier your team is on. Unfortunately all you crazy parents care about is being on the top team and watching your kid sit on the bench. How about being on a team where you get on the field. Unless you brainwashed your kid that its all about the team. If there sitting on travel prob gonna sit in college. Get with it and enjoy the game where you can watch your kid play and not console on three hour ride home. Before you know it there stick is in garage collecting dusk.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

who cares what tier your team is on. Unfortunately all you crazy parents care about is being on the top team and watching your kid sit on the bench. How about being on a team where you get on the field. Unless you brainwashed your kid that its all about the team. If there sitting on travel prob gonna sit in college. Get with it and enjoy the game where you can watch your kid play and not console on three hour ride home. Before you know it there stick is in garage collecting dusk.

Yes! Perfectly stated! Thank you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes! Perfectly stated! Thank you!

I agree, your daughter should be on the best possible team that she can be a contributor and be impactful. If it happens to be a tier 2 team, that's fine, at least she will be a focal point and improve her craft. If she gets so much better that she can be a producer and see quality minutes on a better team, then maybe you make the jump. Be realistic, and remember you would know if she could start for YJ; put them in positions to get better and have fun, not for you to say your daughter is on the top team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHO IS TRIBE?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHO IS TRIBE?

A pick up team with random Long Island kids most of whom know Kilgus

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]WHO IS TRIBE?

So the Director of the Jesters is running a rogue team? That can’t be good for the Jesters program if she needs to get kids from other programs in order to have a competitive team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]WHO IS TRIBE?

So the Director of the Jesters is running a rogue team? That can’t be good for the Jesters program if she needs to get kids from other programs in order to have a competitive team.

It’s a pick up team. If it were only kids from Jesters it would JESTERS. I don’t see the problem with anyone wanting to mix it up and play with different kids. can only make kids better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]WHO IS TRIBE?

It’s a pick up team. If it were only kids from Jesters it would JESTERS. I don’t see the problem with anyone wanting to mix it up and play with different kids. can only make kids better.

The problem is that you have Director from Jesters running a rogue team. It would be no problem if it was a parent. You would never see Carol Rose running a rogue team too much pride in her organization.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The problem is that you have Director from Jesters running a rogue team. It would be no problem if it was a parent. You would never see Carol Rose running a rogue team too much pride in her organization.

What league are they playing in? Are they any good?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ cannot run a pick up team because they are too busy filling their pockets with $$$ from various clinics, showcases and events! Blue Chip, Elite 100, American Select, Prime Time, ...Your definition of Pride is a funny one!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s a group of kids from a bunch of different teams. Kilgus is overrated and thinks she’s running something great with jesters but it’s basically a fake yellow jackets with a zillion teams except with no talent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the LI Lacrosse world, where sometimes It seems more about the $$$s and selfishness, It’s nice to see a group/tribe of girls get together and play together for no other reason than to have fun and get better! No matter what club they play for. No one making a profit on that team!

They actually have fun playing together and it shows. It’s not a dog eat dog mentality. It makes them remember why they loved the game so much in the first place. Some of the organized club stuff has lost the joy in playing the game! Plus, at this age when they go off to showcases/camps/colleges, they will be playing with girls other than their club team girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s a group of kids from a bunch of different teams. Kilgus is overrated and thinks she’s running something great with jesters but it’s basically a fake yellow jackets with a zillion teams except with no talent

ok andrew

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI... Tribe was created by parents. No reason to bash clubs! It’s Just a bunch of parents and girls who enjoy each other and playing together. (Hire professional coaching) Most have played together over the years on different clubs .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]FYI... Tribe was created by parents. No reason to bash clubs! It’s Just a bunch of parents and girls who enjoy each other and playing together. (Hire professional coaching) Most have played together over the years on different clubs .

Everything is fine except the coach shouldn't be a Director of a club. It creates a conflict of interest and poaching comes into play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]FYI... Tribe was created by parents. No reason to bash clubs! It’s Just a bunch of parents and girls who enjoy each other and playing together. (Hire professional coaching) Most have played together over the years on different clubs .

Everything is fine except the coach shouldn't be a Director of a club. It creates a conflict of interest and poaching comes into play.

You people are fools.. who cares? we're talking about 14 year old girls playing some lacrosse. Not to mention that by the time they are 21 or 22 they're sticks will be in storage. We're not talking EYBL basketball where there are full scholarships and multi million dollar professional contracts to think about. Everyone just chill!!

Last edited by JMLax1; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
very good team. crushed kildare this weekend and many teams this season.great to see a group of girls get together for nothing other then fun!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You seem a little angry bro. It’s a pick up team with kids from all over. They don’t need you to like or approve of them.
I keep hearing about poaching, no one can poach a player.
If that player is unhappy at their current league that’s their motivation, not a pick up team. The things people say on this page makes zero sense. Regarding talent, I remember that team doing pretty well over the summer and fall. Someone just sounds sour.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crazy people! Girls can play where they want and when they want! Sounds like maybe someone's jealous that they weren't invited! You should mind your business and have a catch with your daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely not true all. The COACHES and only the coaches, themselves reached out to other VERY SPECIFIC girls from any club that would listen to him! The Jester parents would nothing less for Pride to disband! The Jester parents fear that their child will be dropped from the Jesters altogether because they, THE COACHES /DIRECTOR, went out pillaging from other clubs. Very secretly ... super shady as usual! exect nothing in the future Do some research and ask around. As always, this has nothing at to do with the girls we wish them the very best wherever they choose to play! Just wanted to spread some reality-based information.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if any colleges have any interest in a jesters player, unfortunatelt that college coach will immediately google the aforementioned name and their goes the interest . it's a shame thiose girls are likely playing towards a dead end.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also disagree about 24 group, but we shall see. i hear that their has been some movement in that group. it may strengthen a team and weaken a team, but its all hearsay at this point .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YOU ARE AN EMBARRASSMENT TO YOUR CHILD WITH THAT UNCALLED FOR THAT UNNECESSARY COMMENT ABOUT A CHILD/ATHLETE. YOU NOT ONLY TRASHED A COACH/PROGRAM YOU WENT AFTER AN ENTIRE TEAM OF 14 YEAR GIRLS . YOU MUST BE REAL BAD DUDE WITH HUGE BALLS ... TINY [ChillLaxin].

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely not true all. The COACHES and only the coaches, themselves reached out to other VERY SPECIFIC girls from any club that would listen to him! The Jester parents would nothing less for Pride to disband! The Jester parents fear that their child will be dropped from the Jesters altogether because they, THE COACHES /DIRECTOR, went out pillaging from other clubs. Very secretly ... super shady as usual! exect nothing in the future Do some research and ask around. As always, this has nothing at to do with the girls we wish them the very best wherever they choose to play! Just wanted to spread some reality-based information.

So

Sober up and try your post again. We’d all like to understand what you’re so angry about.

Page 12 of 26 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard