BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 117 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 116 117
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Top 5 at seasons end...

SPSG
GCS
McD
NDP
BM
I agree these will be the top teams. McD and NDP lost a ton of talent this past year, but I am not counting them out. SPSG gained a ton of talent. GCS only lost 1 or 2 seniors and gained strong 23s.

SPSG didn't add a lot of talent this year. Only a couple freshman made varsity. They're going to be good because they start 7 or 8 seniors and most of them have started every game since they were freshman.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SPSGs, Maryvale GCS and BM (maybe).
Then McD and NDP
And then the rest...

That's just silly. There's no way Maryvale, GCS or BM are better than McD or NDP.

SPSG and NDP are the most experienced teams with a lot of seniors that have already played a lot of games in the IAAM. BM may be 3rd in that category. Most the other schools hardly have any girls that have even played much meaningful time in an IAAM game. McD and GCS have good junior classes but most of them didn't play much as freshman as the 2020 classes at both schools was loaded.
These girls all have so much game experience at the club level, showcases, etc. I wouldn't make too much out of who has more experience playing in IAAM games.

If you think age based club games in any way come close to playing in the IAAM I question if your daughter has every played in the IAAM.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best 2022 in the country? Really?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then McD and NDP
And then the rest...

That's just silly. There's no way Maryvale, GCS or BM are better than McD or NDP.

SPSG and NDP are the most experienced teams with a lot of seniors that have already played a lot of games in the IAAM. BM may be 3rd in that category. Most the other schools hardly have any girls that have even played much meaningful time in an IAAM game. McD and GCS have good junior classes but most of them didn't play much as freshman as the 2020 classes at both schools was loaded.
this is the densest statement i have seen on this page in quite a while. most of the GCS juniors had a playing time as freshmen. 2 even started the entire year. There are several McD juniors that also played a lot as freshmen.

Well considering the best 2022 in the country barely got on the field as a freshman at McD I'm not sure it was that dense. The statement is that "most" of them didn't play much as a freshman which is absolutely true.
8 out of the 13 juniors on gcs played as freshmen...that would be most

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
according to her father she is!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then McD and NDP
And then the rest...

this is the densest statement i have seen on this page in quite a while. most of the GCS juniors had a playing time as freshmen. 2 even started the entire year. There are several McD juniors that also played a lot as freshmen.

Well considering the best 2022 in the country barely got on the field as a freshman at McD I'm not sure it was that dense. The statement is that "most" of them didn't play much as a freshman which is absolutely true.

+1 for that funny "best 2022" comment. Must be the daddy/coach/Chief Marketing Officer posting again. Good for him to be a great marketing machine!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McD seems to be in a rebuilding mode from what their roster looks like.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably only the 3rd best in her recruiting class at MD, but daddy will make sure she gets that #1 spot on IL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then McD and NDP
And then the rest...

8 out of the 13 juniors on gcs played as freshmen...that would be most

Played yes. Were on the field in the playoffs in Overtime when it mattered. Not many of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every year people are on here talking about how great GCS is going to be. I remember when the 2021s got there and people were on here talking about how great the 2021 class was at GCS. Now there are only 5 2021s on the team and only a couple of them play a lot. They didn't even have a JV team so of course a ton of the 2022s were on varsity as freshmen.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every year people are on here talking about how great GCS is going to be. I remember when the 2021s got there and people were on here talking about how great the 2021 class was at GCS. Now there are only 5 2021s on the team and only a couple of them play a lot. They didn't even have a JV team so of course a ton of the 2022s were on varsity as freshmen.
What’s your point?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s your point?
They have no point. 'only a couple of them play a lot'...3 are starters. No one has said the GCS is going to be great, only that they can contend. Which is what they have done since moving to the A division by making the semi finals each year. Maybe they get to the finals this year, and maybe they don't

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know a site that has box scores of the HS private school games?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Optimistic article in Baltimore Sun about the return of IAAM this year. Happy to see games starting!

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/high-school/

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Optimistic article in Baltimore Sun about the return of IAAM this year. Happy to see games starting!

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/high-school/
good article

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tough to come by. Tim Schwartz does a nice job covering games for the Cap Gazette. Otherwise, not much is out there.

No box scores, but game scores come out pretty fast here:

https://twitter.com/scores_lax?lang=en

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
@ McDGVL has good play-by-plays of their games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GCS has finished in the top 3 of the A conference for past 3 years and lost by a goal in the semis the past 2 years. There are actually only 4 seniors and all of them have played a significant amount, all 4 are committed to play in college. With a solid group of 22s (11 college commits??) I think its safe to say they will be strong this year and next. SPSG and McD are probably the 2 teams to beat but GCS should be right there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PLEASE STOP. Stop with this and that. Who will be or should be in the top 5. Who really cares???

Be excited for all the girls to be on the field and playing. Who cares if they are in 9th or 12th grade, or what they did over the past 4 years.

Watch the girls play. For the love of God, be happy that they are playing after a year of no high school sports. Cheer for them, celebrate them, hug them.

Great site that has scores and schedule is the IAAMSPORTS.COM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PLEASE STOP. Stop with this and that. Who will be or should be in the top 5. Who really cares???

Be excited for all the girls to be on the field and playing. Who cares if they are in 9th or 12th grade, or what they did over the past 4 years.

Watch the girls play. For the love of God, be happy that they are playing after a year of no high school sports. Cheer for them, celebrate them, hug them.

You must be new here

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be new here
Haha. Right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m not new here. Just completely agitated. Parents rant and rave here, live in the past, post silliness about what 9th grader played, or what team should or should not be in top 5.

Here is an idea, if you want to play, get a stick and play. Oh wait, you’re the adult. So act like it.

Life is short. Too short for many, hug your kids, enjoy their ability to play and cheer them on. I have never witnessed the venom and crazy as things that are posted here about high school sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh. And yes, before the reply posts start, I am a parent. However, I actually player semi-pro baseball, so before the posts come about me being a dad and their kid not playing, it has nothing to do with that. I actually made it to the next level after high school and college. And yes, my daughter is on varsity.

It amazes me how adults can’t lift kids up, cheer for them, but rather post this team or that team should or could be #1 if this or that happened. Or that 3 years ago there was a JV and that’s why all the kids made varsity. WHO CARES

Take it from a someone that put in the time and effort, when it’s over, you remember the companionship of teammates and the support of your family. Yes, it’s great to win, but not at the expense of vilification of an opponent. Try to remember that next time you post. If you don’t think your daughter is watching you and your actions, then you have completely missed the boat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m not new here. Just completely agitated. Parents rant and rave here, live in the past, post silliness about what 9th grader played, or what team should or should not be in top 5.

Here is an idea, if you want to play, get a stick and play. Oh wait, you’re the adult. So act like it.

Life is short. Too short for many, hug your kids, enjoy their ability to play and cheer them on. I have never witnessed the venom and crazy as things that are posted here about high school sport.
THIS^^^^^^^ THANK YOU!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh. And yes, before the reply posts start, I am a parent. However, I actually player semi-pro baseball, so before the posts come about me being a dad and their kid not playing, it has nothing to do with that. I actually made it to the next level after high school and college. And yes, my daughter is on varsity.

It amazes me how adults can’t lift kids up, cheer for them, but rather post this team or that team should or could be #1 if this or that happened. Or that 3 years ago there was a JV and that’s why all the kids made varsity. WHO CARES

Take it from a someone that put in the time and effort, when it’s over, you remember the companionship of teammates and the support of your family. Yes, it’s great to win, but not at the expense of vilification of an opponent. Try to remember that next time you post. If you don’t think your daughter is watching you and your actions, then you have completely missed the boat.

So we should take advise from mr, semi-pro,,,,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does semi - pro mean beer league ? Dude was a couple bloops away from the independent league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The advise is...get a grip! Enjoy watching your daughters play & stop going on here to make a dig at players/schools/clubs/etc. Do you not have a life? Does it make you feel better to go on here & put daughters/schools down? It’s sad to think that parents share the sidelines w/ the parents that go on here & make the comments that they do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Jackie Moon!!

So people should only post about how great it is that the kids are playing and how they hugged their daughter after a fair contest between two great teams? Not really the point of the site. Some of the vitriol is definitely over the top but there’s nothing wrong with people arguing which team is better. As lobbyists as individual girls aren’t called out in a negative way. That crosses the line.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be new here
Haha. Right.

This is a forum to discuss these things, genius. I guess we should all stop since you have requested us to....You're probably the dude that wanted Mr. Potato Head canceled.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And you 2 clowns prove my point. Been there and done it, that was the point. Obviously you both want to live in society of making fun and putting peeps down. Little less commentary and little more listening.

Just celebrate your daughters, pick each other up, no need to be a negative clown. Be an adult. Be kind, be an example for your daughter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think debating is good. Cheering for your daughters team is great. But calling kids or teams out negatively is exactly what is wrong with society.

The world would be better with a little Kindness. We can and will disagree, that is a normal. But to denigrate teams or players, just not what the world needs. Be an example for our kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think debating is good. Cheering for your daughters team is great. But calling kids or teams out negatively is exactly what is wrong with society.

The world would be better with a little Kindness. We can and will disagree, that is a normal. But to denigrate teams or players, just not what the world needs. Be an example for our kids

So discussing which teams are best is denigrating? Man you must be fun to be around on a daily basis. May as well shut the site down. So someone saying SPSG, McD and NDP are the best 3 teams is denigrating to who exactly? The other teams? Does it hurt your feelings when someone says that? I’m confused

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GCS on its way. Strong win against GF. I definitely see them a top contender

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they play ndp on friday. that will be the real test to see if they are on their way

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You do realize that GFS is probably the worst team in the league and it was a close game most of the first half? Come back Friday night if they beat NDP

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop trolling... no GCS person is posting this after beating GF.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GCS game vs NDP moved to Saturday at 1130 am at GCS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is GCS one of the only teams not allowing fans at games? There's plenty of room there. More so than at most schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You do realize that GFS is probably the worst team in the league and it was a close game most of the first half? Come back Friday night if they beat NDP
Considering only GF parents were in attendance, and GF parents wouldn’t post this, it must be you had the live stream up. Thanks for being a fan and watching the first game of the season for both teams!! It’s been a year and it was raining, sorry everyone was a little rusty for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is GCS one of the only teams not allowing fans at games? There's plenty of room there. More so than at most schools.

Terrible decision...we are outside!! Just show up, no way for them to check.

Like Reply Quote
Page 21 of 117 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 116 117
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard