BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 251 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 250 251
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
A team could theoretically make the playoffs by beating BLC, HLC, Cavs, and KP.

Oh the humanity!!!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh the humanity!!!!

Isn’t Kelly Post Mesa now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh the humanity!!!!

Oh the humanity!!!!

No KP is True, Severna Park is Mesa

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the rumored elite division containing the following 10 teams is correct, there are going to be a lot of non-competitive games in elite.

Hawks
Next Level
FCA
Crabs
Madlax
True Annapolis
True Kelly Post
BLC
HLC
Cavs

Kelly Post, BLC, HLC, and Cavs are going to post a ton of 10-15 goal losses against the top five teams like happened this weekend. Those teams would all be better off playing in AAA as they are not remotely competitive with the top teams. Also this will create some crazy discrepancies in schedules. A team could theoretically make the playoffs by beating BLC, HLC, Cavs, and KP.

Kelly Post requested AAA. Team 91 refused Elite and got their way....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So are there now 10 AAA teams and 8 Elite?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So are there now 10 AAA teams and 8 Elite?

There are 10 Elite, True KP, HLC, Cavalier and BLC are in. True Annapolis is also in.
Hawks and Next Level play in game one, should be interesting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess the Long Island teams can hang after all. Looks like Express was competitive all weekend and they are not the best of the bunch on the island

Didn’t the Hawks beat LI Express by like 8 (sorry forget the exact number) a week ago? It was not competitive. Not practicing will do that though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess the Long Island teams can hang after all. Looks like Express was competitive all weekend and they are not the best of the bunch on the island

Didn’t the Hawks beat LI Express by like 8 (sorry forget the exact number) a week ago? It was not competitive. Not practicing will do that though.

Disagree. The next weekend LIE beat Next Level by one, split two games with Mad Dog National who was a good team, and lost narrowly by 1 to Crabs who are also much improved. LIE was very inconsistent so I could see how they could get run over in a given game like with Hawks. But they definitely aren’t bad or non-competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disagree. The next weekend LIE beat Next Level by one, split two games with Mad Dog National who was a good team, and lost narrowly by 1 to Crabs who are also much improved. LIE was very inconsistent so I could see how they could get run over in a given game like with Hawks. But they definitely aren’t bad or non-competitive.

Totally fair take. Next Level could come out me smoke the Hawks this weekend, you never know.

At the end of they day they are 10/11 yo kids. Just get better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally fair take. Next Level could come out me smoke the Hawks this weekend, you never know.

At the end of they day they are 10/11 yo kids. Just get better.

totally agree, no teams are 100% consistent at this age group and it's preseason after a cancelled 2020 spring season and an abbreviated fall season.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2028 Hawks are legit. They just beat up on my sons Team in HOCO. We couldn’t stop their attack and our poles are GOOD. They have a #7, that is ridiculous, def had 6 or 7 points this morning.

Congrats to everyone who won today. It was good to be back regardless of the outcome

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2028 Hawks are legit. They just beat up on my sons Team in HOCO. We couldn’t stop their attack and our poles are GOOD. They have a #7, that is ridiculous, def had 6 or 7 points this morning.

Congrats to everyone who won today. It was good to be back regardless of the outcome

Seems like the team to beat this spring. MadLax last weekend and a very good Next Level this weekend. Pretty impressive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Hawks #7 Dad, whoops sorry NL dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lotsa lax left to play! We’ll see

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does every compliment end up being some sort of argument. It was a great game, we were down early but scored 5 in a row on them, 2 by my son, but they came back in the 4th. I don’t know who #7 actually is. They have a HUGE crease attackman that we couldn’t slow down also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a good performance by the Hawks, but NL was missing several players for spring break vacation - normal goalie, top FOGO, and one of the best at attack. Will be interesting to see them play again in the playoffs if that happens. I’d say FCA is the favorite right now when they play their two attack the whole game. But Hawks, FCA, Madlax, NL, and Crabs all have a chance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nahhh FCA isn’t the fav

Got To be either Madlax or Hawks. Hawks Beat Madlax recently I read above. Cream always rises to the top!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations on the winners today. As usual, the winners today are the holdbacks. Most teams that won had the most holdbacks. Well Done !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone define what a holdback is? If a kid has a summer birthday and his parents understandably have him do an extra year of preschool does that make him a holdback?

To be sure, 6 months can make a difference at this age, but if you failed to understand or learn about childhood development and pushed your kid into kindergarten so he could be the youngest in the class for some reason then you made a bad call and that’s on you.

If you hold your kid back in middle school and have him play with his new grade then that’s weak. That kid is now a holdback and should be called out.

I just want to clear this up so everyone can either relax and appreciate their son’s work ethic and commitment or stew in their own bad parenting decisions. One choice is for winners...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone define what a holdback is? If a kid has a summer birthday and his parents understandably have him do an extra year of preschool does that make him a holdback?

To be sure, 6 months can make a difference at this age, but if you failed to understand or learn about childhood development and pushed your kid into kindergarten so he could be the youngest in the class for some reason then you made a bad call and that’s on you.

If you hold your kid back in middle school and have him play with his new grade then that’s weak. That kid is now a holdback and should be called out.

I just want to clear this up so everyone can either relax and appreciate their son’s work ethic and commitment or stew in their own bad parenting decisions. One choice is for winners...

Thanks for the clarification Hawks holdback, I mean summer birthday, mom and dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the clarification Hawks holdback, I mean summer birthday, mom and dad.

Looks like we got our first answer!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Built in excuse machine:
Option A - Hold backs. This can apply to any game at any grade level. This can make a lot of losing teams feel better about themselves.
Option B - Spring Break. If you lose any game in the spring this is an option. You can use summer vacation for any summer tourney game you lose.
Option C - Half the team plays football in the fall. This is a good seasonal excuse. Use basketball is you lose in the winter.
Option D - Dad Coaches. This one speaks for itself.
Option E - True acquired my kids club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Built in excuse machine:
Option A - Hold backs. This can apply to any game at any grade level. This can make a lot of losing teams feel better about themselves.
Option B - Spring Break. If you lose any game in the spring this is an option. You can use summer vacation for any summer tourney game you lose.
Option C - Half the team plays football in the fall. This is a good seasonal excuse. Use basketball is you lose in the winter.

I went back through and scrolled through every post to be sure and can confirm this is the best post ever written here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Built in excuse machine:

I went back through and scrolled through every post to be sure and can confirm this is the best post ever written here.

100 percent agree. This wins the internet today. The rest of us can all go home and log back on to try again tomorrow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha. This is 100% spot on. Guaranteed written by dad of #7. No one who has ever seen Hawks play would dispute that guy would definitely write something like this. Hawks dads are something else, especially this guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wrote the post about #7, and I’m not a Hawks dad, lol. I can’t speak for said dad. You’re probably a Madlax dad. What a crybaby response.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha. This is 100% spot on. Guaranteed written by dad of #7. No one who has ever seen Hawks play would dispute that guy would definitely write something like this. Hawks dads are something else, especially this guy.

Helps to be a year older!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks dads don’t even remotely compare to some FCA dads (Jesus who?), the vest wearing Madlax Dads, the flat B Crabs dads, and the worst of them all—- the dads of lower tier teams who don’t know Jack about lacrosse. Signed- BLC dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is #7 on the Hawks? I think you gotta worry about the giant kid in the crease! #23 or #25. holdback city. We couldn’t move him. Signed - NL dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel like this has the beginnings of the 2026 board where all they talk about is the Hawks. 275 pages later we will still be talking about the same thing. There are lots of good topics to cover.

There was a lot of good lacrosse this weekend. NL, Hawks, Madlax and True all seemed like good teams. The Crabs may be as well but BLC didn't look too competitive so it's hard to tell. I don't know why HLC didn't play, but that would have been interesting as well.

The holdback talk is lame. It happens, deal with it or play rec. I've been asked several times if my kid was a hold back, I'm flattered that people would think so, but it's also sad that people would care. FWIW - he's a January 2010 birthday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks dads don’t even remotely compare to some FCA dads (Jesus who?), the vest wearing Madlax Dads, the flat B Crabs dads, and the worst of them all—- the dads of lower tier teams who don’t know Jack about lacrosse. Signed- BLC dad

I second that the FCA dads, on in particular, take the cake.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The worst FCA dad is the 2027 coach who’s kid is the goalie. BIG HUGE GIANT guy. I mean, I wouldn’t say it to his face or anything haha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel like this has the beginnings of the 2026 board where all they talk about is the Hawks. 275 pages later we will still be talking about the same thing. There are lots of good topics to cover.

There was a lot of good lacrosse this weekend. NL, Hawks, Madlax and True all seemed like good teams. The Crabs may be as well but BLC didn't look too competitive so it's hard to tell. I don't know why HLC didn't play, but that would have been interesting as well.

The holdback talk is lame. It happens, deal with it or play rec. I've been asked several times if my kid was a hold back, I'm flattered that people would think so, but it's also sad that people would care. FWIW - he's a January 2010 birthday.

I'm with this guy. My son was born 4 months earlier than this guy's kid, which I suppose makes him a "holdback," but a kid born on September (or a month later) 1 is "legit." All the whining and crying is embarrassing. Let your sons play the game and be better dads.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What parents do is their business summer holdback dad, It is getting an advantage in YOUTH sports that other children born on the same day dont get. I always say, Everyone should be allowed to play down a year if they want, irregardless of grade. Then it would be a fair youth system, but then, you holdbacks wouldnt get an advantage in youth

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are definitely some creepy Hawks parents on here talking to each other and pretending to be from other teams.

On a more relevant note, what's up with Cavs 2028 quitting the division? How does that impact the schedule for everyone else?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are definitely some creepy Hawks parents on here talking to each other and pretending to be from other teams.

On a more relevant note, what's up with Cavs 2028 quitting the division? How does that impact the schedule for everyone else?

Definitely. Trolls who have info and hater parents from inside the organization who lost playing time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So are they AAA now or not in hock at all?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Cavs move to a lower bracket??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What parents do is their business summer holdback dad, It is getting an advantage in YOUTH sports that other children born on the same day dont get. I always say, Everyone should be allowed to play down a year if they want, irregardless of grade. Then it would be a fair youth system, but then, you holdbacks wouldnt get an advantage in youth

Anyone who thought it was a good idea to put their kid in kindergarten so he could turn 18 the summer after his senior year is a Camaro driving stunad, but if it’s that upsetting to you then you should hold your kid back. I remember playing against a kid with a moustache when I was 12. He dominated and it felt unfair. By 8th grade he was average and by high school nobody heard from him again. Your kid is in 5th grade. Relax. Hold him back or stop complaining.

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 251 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 250 251
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard