BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 72 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 71 72
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Leading Edge 2025 is a real dumpster fire. Program struggling mightily. Got mopped today. Never in any game. Rethinking things.
You would have said their 22 & 23 teams were dumpster fires in the 8th grade as well. There are a lot of soft and entitled kids, they need to get beat up a little bit in order to grow.

Their 23 team certainly does not have an impressive resume of wins. A few exceptional players, but not running the table in the NLF.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Leading Edge 2025 is a real dumpster fire. Program struggling mightily. Got mopped today. Never in any game. Rethinking things.
You would have said their 22 & 23 teams were dumpster fires in the 8th grade as well. There are a lot of soft and entitled kids, they need to get beat up a little bit in order to grow.

Their 23 team certainly does not have an impressive resume of wins. A few exceptional players, but not running the table in the NLF.
No one runs the table in the NLF at the '23 level and certainly not a team from NJ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not quite. But it is true that about half of this 2025 team will be cut so the new players could improve things.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have the rosters or where to find them for Run With The Best Showcase in Tinton Falls this Sunday?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rosters will be given out at the event.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny that you say the 25's are a dumpster fire. the '23 were as well 2 years ago withonly 15 kids in the fall. They are now by far the best 23 team in NJ and a top 10 national team. Each year it has improved. Their track record speaks for itself. Just this year many BBL, Patriot, and Tri State kids come over. Those teams play such weak competition. Going 14-12 in the summer is not a bad summer when playing the best kids only across the USA. That is the only way to learn how to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny that you say the 25's are a dumpster fire. the '23 were as well 2 years ago withonly 15 kids in the fall. They are now by far the best 23 team in NJ and a top 10 national team. Each year it has improved. Their track record speaks for itself. Just this year many BBL, Patriot, and Tri State kids come over. Those teams play such weak competition. Going 14-12 in the summer is not a bad summer when playing the best kids only across the USA. That is the only way to learn how to play.

Funny, the 2023 parents were not so jubilant on the sidelines this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah. I found it confusing too, when I noticed that a 2023 non reclass was playing on the 2024 team. At least reclass if you are going to play with the 2024 team. You can't have it both ways. I think that they have a word for this. Cheating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah. I found it confusing too, when I noticed that a 2023 non reclass was playing on the 2024 team. At least reclass if you are going to play with the 2024 team. You can't have it both ways. I think that they have a word for this. Cheating.

Not the first time time, 2022's playing 2023 as well. At one point I think there was a 2021 reclass to 2022 who was trying out for 2023, and for the doubters, I was at the tryout

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do not tryout at LE before HS unless you have legacy there (older son playing) or other kids coming in.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
from my older sons experience, some kids are re classing and planning on a PG year at a prep school, or a prep year in military academy. the fact that they are playing down for that purpose is not unusual and has been going on for at least 10 years that I have been around watching nephews and such. I know that many reclass are extremely young for their grades like June-August birthdays, so an extra year of school is understandable, especially in Covid times. Once kids are Sophomores and juniors it really shouldn't matter given they all play high school lacrosse together. College coaches dont care if they have older more mature players when they enter college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
from my older sons experience, some kids are re classing and planning on a PG year at a prep school, or a prep year in military academy. the fact that they are playing down for that purpose is not unusual and has been going on for at least 10 years that I have been around watching nephews and such. I know that many reclass are extremely young for their grades like June-August birthdays, so an extra year of school is understandable, especially in Covid times. Once kids are Sophomores and juniors it really shouldn't matter given they all play high school lacrosse together. College coaches dont care if they have older more mature players when they enter college.
It's called cheating. Plain and simple. Play by the rules. Reclass. Then it's not cheating. My son would be embarrassed to play down - even if it was on a team filled with reclasses his age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's called cheating. Plain and simple. Play by the rules. Reclass. Then it's not cheating. My son would be embarrassed to play down - even if it was on a team filled with reclasses his age.

Frankly, a lot of the reclasses that I see in NJ are not really that great at either level. Obviously, there are exceptions, but most do it simply because they cannot compete at their age group because of size, athleticism, etc.. As for the kids that claim that they are going to PG a year, my guess is that the majority do not. I agree that there are top tier kids that reclass because the school they committed to told them to PG a year for rostering purposes, but this is definitely a rare occurrence which happens late in high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean you would be embarrassed. Kids don't care

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Show me the rules you speak of.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 is not by far the best NJ team. Calling them a top 10 team in the country is laughable. Those rankings are garbage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Incorrect. The '23s were stronger 2 years ago than they were this past summer. Progressively getting worse. Most likely because they have kids who matured early and others caught up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask any tournament director and they will give you the answer. Feel free to email NXT or NLF and they will let you know. But of course you don't want to be caught cheating , so you should probably use an email address that won't give you away. Just reclass your kid and stop letting them play down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask any tournament director and they will give you the answer. Feel free to email NXT or NLF and they will let you know. But of course you don't want to be caught cheating , so you should probably use an email address that won't give you away. Just reclass your kid and stop letting them play down.

So I guess that means you can't show me the rules. Hint: there are none.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny, the 2023 parents were not so jubilant on the sidelines this summer.

Yeah, definitely not improving year over year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What position is the non reclass playing on the 2024 LE team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not going to go there. It's the fault of the parent and the club. Everyone knows he is playing down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most, if not all tournaments, require that a player plays on a team that corresponds to their graduation year. Therefore, if a 2023 is playing on a 2024 team, it's against the rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most, if not all tournaments, require that a player plays on a team that corresponds to their graduation year. Therefore, if a 2023 is playing on a 2024 team, it's against the rules.

If that kid is going to PG, aren't they considered a 2024? I don't know the kid, just wondering how it is characterized.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If that kid is going to PG, aren't they considered a 2024? I don't know the kid, just wondering how it is characterized.

No, they don't. that the problem with club lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is correct.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, they don't. that the problem with club lax.

If you register for any tournament, they ask what grade the player is in, I think the issue is that the parents are probably not being truthful when completing the registration, and tournaments do not verify. This is why US lacrosse is starting to institute age verification for the younger age groups, older kids are basically grandfathered at this point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not going to go there. It's the fault of the parent and the club. Everyone knows he is playing down.

This is some shady stuff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is some shady stuff.
The best part about these posts is they were started by a 2025 LE parent who is upset that their sliver spoon son had playing time taken away. Not saying it was the right thing to do but the reclass kid isn't that good or big enough for anyone on any other team to notice.
LE typically cuts 5 to 8 kids when the boys move into high school. Maybe the parent that started these post should move their snowflake now so he doesn't learn anything from not making a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2025 WSYL NJ Teams
4 out of the 5 NJ could end up qualifying this weekend. Mad Dog is the only question mark, they have the worst draw in the tournament. The 2 best teams (Madlax and Black Ops) and Jersey Express beat us on Sunday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would be really nice if NJ gets that many teams in. There is a lot of talent here and it shows we are catching up to NY and Maryland (yes I know we will never catch all the way up to you negative Nelly's). At the conclusion of this summer, the 2023 BBL and Leading Edge teams probably put around 35 kids combined Division 1. They will do it again the following year because both their 2024 teams are stacked, with the exception of the bottom quarter of the rosters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope the 2024's can finally play each other this summer. I know we are both in the NAL Tourney but I am not sure if we are in any others together. It would probably have to be in a playoff game as the tournaments usually keep the same state teams in different divisions as best they can.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would be really nice if NJ gets that many teams in. There is a lot of talent here and it shows we are catching up to NY and Maryland (yes I know we will never catch all the way up to you negative Nelly's). At the conclusion of this summer, the 2023 BBL and Leading Edge teams probably put around 35 kids combined Division 1. They will do it again the following year because both their 2024 teams are stacked, with the exception of the bottom quarter of the rosters.

Do you mean the 2022s? 2023s haven't committed yet. And I don't know if you've seen leading edges teams lately but there is a big drop off in talent below 2022. BBL is the stronger club at those levels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This first statement was in reference to the NJ WSYL teams a few posts up.

The second statement transitioned from the talent of the NJ WSYL teams, referring the talent here in NJ, juxtaposing how the 2023's for BBL and Leading Edge will begin committing September 1st, 2021, about 6 months away, and how about 35 of them combined will go D1. Likewise, I mentioned that both of their 2024 teams are more talented then their 2023 teams.

I am not sure what drop off your talking about for Leading Edge. Their 2023's are good and their 2024's are more talented and on the verge of being really good. The bottom quarter of both BBL and Leading Edge 2023 & 2024 are subpar. The top 17 on BBL 2024 and top 16 Leading Edge 2024 are all really good. Everyone on both clubs knows the 2023 players very well and who is talented and who is not, on both of their respective 2023 teams.

My initial post gave both teams compliments. I was keeping it positive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the original poster. How can you say BBL 2024 is the stronger team if they never played each other and they have about the same results in common opponents?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The second statement transitioned from the talent of the NJ WSYL teams, referring the talent here in NJ, juxtaposing how the 2023's for BBL and Leading Edge will begin committing September 1st, 2021, about 6 months away, and how about 35 of them combined will go D1. Likewise, I mentioned that both of their 2024 teams are more talented then their 2023 teams.

I am not sure what drop off your talking about for Leading Edge. Their 2023's are good and their 2024's are more talented and on the verge of being really good. The bottom quarter of both BBL and Leading Edge 2023 & 2024 are subpar. The top 17 on BBL 2024 and top 16 Leading Edge 2024 are all really good. Everyone on both clubs knows the 2023 players very well and who is talented and who is not, on both of their respective 2023 teams.

It's a tough analysis, but appreciate the attempt at staying positive. BBL has certainly done a pretty decent job keeping their teams together, but I do agree that LE is struggling below 22's because the younger kids are sticking with their clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fair enough. But I don't agree with your assessment of the talent on LEs 2024 team (there are only 2-3 strong players, not 16). BBL is probably 10-12 deep for 2024s. Not trying to be negative, just realistic. 2023 LE is probably 4-5 elite kids, about the same as BBL. 35 D1 kids is a major stretch. It's just not the same program where they had 10-15 top level kids each year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank goodness Tribal got rid of those awful uniforms that made them look like Aztecs and moved to Express. I see they have WSYL U13 and U14 teams. Do they have enough talent to beat good teams? Has either won a decent tournament or beaten a good team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would be surprised if Tribal/SJ Express U14 didn't advance to next round. My son's team has played them. I don't know if they have any older kids who are not eligible for WSYL, but they are a good team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a tough analysis, but appreciate the attempt at staying positive. BBL has certainly done a pretty decent job keeping their teams together, but I do agree that LE is struggling below 22's because the younger kids are sticking with their clubs.
Not putting much into the rankings but isn't LE 2023 ranked in the top 10? Even if you think the rankings are total b/s how can you say that team is struggling?

Like Reply Quote
Page 29 of 72 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard