BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Now 91 has most arrogant parent of them all on the side lines. Just a matter of time before he tries to set up and control practice and charge the team money and get a cut from the proceeds. Good luck 91 and good riddens.

Haha that's a great post!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you don't see the coaches doing a good job then you should leave. I am glad we did. It is a world of difference on 91 and I taught my son to work hard and go get what you want in life not sit back and complain. If he gets cut or not he will learn to deal with it. He has other great things going for him. You only live once!

Yes you only live once. Nice... try to live with some morals and ethics! I agree. BUT would never ever do that to a team.The player could have waited until the season he committed to was over. Yes a great player leaves because he wants to win and feels that's the best thing for himself. Screws his team for his own needs. Nice. My kid also learned a lesson about life. People like that you don't need on your team! Learn about loyalty and morality..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team LI always competes well. This year they have a few 8th graders on the team so they are better than they were last year. Always a competitive club at this age...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think 91 and Express now have something in common. We all don't like this parent. But unfortunately we are now stuck with him.

For now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He didn’t leave because he wanted a better team. He left because the partners in the HUB tossed him to the curb out and he didn’t want to play on the same team. Fact

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love this post. So true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you don't see the coaches doing a good job then you should leave. I am glad we did. It is a world of difference on 91 and I taught my son to work hard and go get what you want in life not sit back and complain. If he gets cut or not he will learn to deal with it. He has other great things going for him. You only live once!

Yes you only live once. Nice... try to live with some morals and ethics! I agree. BUT would never ever do that to a team.The player could have waited until the season he committed to was over. Yes a great player leaves because he wants to win and feels that's the best thing for himself. Screws his team for his own needs. Nice. My kid also learned a lesson about life. People like that you don't need on your team! Learn about loyalty and morality..

Ohh wait a minute.... Loyalty. Please the minute another great player that comes along or a group of players comes along MC forms a new team. Really loyal. Its all about winning in his book. Sorry its a fact. Look at all the add ons or new teams that are formed after tryouts. Your kid makes the A team then all of the sudden there is an AA team ask the Terps or Terps black or Turtles. Its really about loyalty hugh. Yes you only live once and if you dont realize its about what your kid can get out of the team your nuts. Its not the sandbox league anymore. Lacrosse has become a big business and just like the job world you take the best opportunity you can when it comes along. If this kid felt it was a better fit at 91 so be it. His choice. walk in his shoes for a bit. In regards to the jabs at his dad wake up he was doing the dirty work for MC collecting the money setting up practices and training events. Thankless yes but he did it now to be critcized. Good luck finding someone to do it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now 91 has most arrogant parent of them all on the side lines. Just a matter of time before he tries to set up and control practice and charge the team money and get a cut from the proceeds. Good luck 91 and good riddens.

Riddens? What is riddens? wow, just wow..........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ohh wait a minute.... Loyalty. Please the minute another great player that comes along or a group of players comes along MC forms a new team. Really loyal. Its all about winning in his book. Sorry its a fact. Look at all the add ons or new teams that are formed after tryouts. Your kid makes the A team then all of the sudden there is an AA team ask the Terps or Terps black or Turtles. Its really about loyalty hugh. Yes you only live once and if you dont realize its about what your kid can get out of the team your nuts. Its not the sandbox league anymore. Lacrosse has become a big business and just like the job world you take the best opportunity you can when it comes along. If this kid felt it was a better fit at 91 so be it. His choice. walk in his shoes for a bit. In regards to the jabs at his dad wake up he was doing the dirty work for MC collecting the money setting up practices and training events. Thankless yes but he did it now to be critcized. Good luck finding someone to do it.

hmm, wonder who posted this........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Riddens? What is riddens? wow, just wow..........

Definition of RIDDEN
: harassed, oppressed, or obsessed by —usually used in combination <guilt-ridden> <debt-ridden> or <Channy-ridden>

Seems like he was or is all three - harassed on BOTC, oppressed by MC and Obsessed with Express

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you mean splitting the money. Please it was all about control and money. That is why he got tosssed from the hub money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love this post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hmm, wonder who posted this........

Do tell, do tell! Please.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not many people like this guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is a very tough guy to like!!! He has caused major problems with every organization he has been with!!!! Just take a look At his past track record!!! It speaks for itself!!! I kmow for fact,this is at least his 4th program that he has been with!!! AND WHEN SOMTHING BETTER COMES ALONG, HE WILL LEAVE 91 TOO!! Its just a matter of time!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree totally, and he is trying to make a busness at of this as well. So he he can't make any $$$ at 91 he will also move on. Look for an indoor arena coming to 91 soon. lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 parents dont like him as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The wolverines are a very good team. We played them several times in OB. I would hardly call them a B team and their coach is a varsity coach who appears to do a great job!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The wolverines are a very good team. We played them several times in OB. I would hardly call them a B team and their coach is a varsity coach who appears to do a great job!

In 2018 the hierarchy of things for Express is A Terps, B Wolverines, C Piranahs. Its is not a slight calling them a B team Its just the facts. Their coach was supposibly MS but he has really not been involved. Dont know who their current coach is. The fact that this team of talented players isnt being given the chance to travel and play away tournaments is just sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In 2018 the hierarchy of things for Express is A Terps, B Wolverines, C Piranahs. Its is not a slight calling them a B team Its just the facts. Their coach was supposibly MS but he has really not been involved. Dont know who their current coach is. The fact that this team of talented players isnt being given the chance to travel and play away tournaments is just sad.

Sad? Sign me up. Why travel? you can play the best competition right here. Let the other teams travel here. Last I checked the No 1 HS team in country in 2012 was from LI. Oh and the current 2013 No 1 is from LI. If the rest of the teams out there want to play the best, let them travel here. Drive all the way to MD and play teams that play down, no thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sound like someone whose kid did not make the Express Wolverines. In any case, you are wrong on your facts. There are 3 coaches on this team including MS and one of his Assistant Coaches at Kellenberg. MS coached the team in fall tourneys and fall practices. He did not coach the team in the OBLL which was an add-on. The parents were told he would not be coaching the OBLL when they were asked if they wanted the team to play in the spring league. The other 2 coaches(including MS' Kellenberg Assistant Coach) coached the team during the OBLL games. The team did not practice during the OBLL but I was happy with that as my kid was practicing every day with his middle school team - enough LAX for us.

MS has been at every practice once the team started practicing for the summer tournaments. He coached the team as it went undefeated in the JDRF. He will be coaching the team at Forsberg.

As for A or B. I have not seen the top Team LI team but as far as I can tell there are 2 2018 teams on Long Island that stand apart - Team 91 Orange and Express Terps. Not sure how the Wolverines would do against either one of them but if those 2 teams are considered A then I will agree Wolverines and every other good team on LI are B. But if they are considered "AA" teams then the Wolverines are an A team. The Wolverines have lost a total of 3 games during the many games they have played in fall tournaments, spring tournaments, OBLL and JDRF. Only 2 teams have beaten them. They lost to fl$ in an OBLL game but beat them in a rematch at the JDRF. They lost twice to 91 White by 2 goals each game in a spring tournament. I think most people would call the 91 White team an A team. For the most part, the Wolverines just came together this year. They are a very good team that is very well coached by 3 excellent coaches.

As for the summer tournaments, they are playing 3 on Long Island, 1 in NJ and 1 in Connecticut. I am okay with that. I hope you enjoy the hours you spend sitting in traffic getting to and from your away tournaments. I am more interested in the tournaments being competitive and my kid getting better over the course of the summer.

Thanks for your concern but this Wolverine parent has been very happy with the team and coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sad??? Ur nuts. Not everyone has to play in MD for it to be a good summer season. And B team is not a negative term. This team just happens to be an A team. Just because you are the second team of an orgainization doesnt make you a B team. The level of play you can compete with dictate A or B. There are a lot of orgainizations with only one team. That certainly does not make them A team!!!

And how do you know who the coach was "supposed" to be for a team your son doesnt play on??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sad? Sign me up. Why travel? you can play the best competition right here. Let the other teams travel here. Last I checked the No 1 HS team in country in 2012 was from LI. Oh and the current 2013 No 1 is from LI. If the rest of the teams out there want to play the best, let them travel here. Drive all the way to MD and play teams that play down, no thanks.

Yup your right. Live in your bubble. Wake up lacrosse is no longer a long island sport. You do have the rankings down but no idea what is going on outside of LI. I can assure you the there are parents on those teams that are not happy about playing only on LI. It's also about the experience and camaraderie. It's not that playing on LI doesn't give you quality competition. Its what was advertised. Travel summer team away tournaments etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup your right. Live in your bubble. Wake up lacrosse is no longer a long island sport. You do have the rankings down but no idea what is going on outside of LI. I can assure you the there are parents on those teams that are not happy about playing only on LI. It's also about the experience and camaraderie. It's not that playing on LI doesn't give you quality competition. Its what was advertised. Travel summer team away tournaments etc.

This LI parent refuses to burn an entire weekend traveling to and from MD to play club lax. On Friday ... traffic on the Belt Pkwy, Verrazano Br traffic, Staten Island Exp traffic, Goethels Br (or Outerbridge) traffic, NJ Tpk traffic, followed by Philly traffic followed by Eastern Shore weekend traffic. That is a nightmare. And then do the whole thing in reverse on Sunday, which is much, much worse.

Not worth it. NJ, CT, Mass, and maybe Philly ... no further. I bet 90% of LI parents would vote for all LI tournaments if they were asked. No reason to travel over a bridge, when it already takes an hour to get anywhere on this dopey sand bar on a summer weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blah blah, so don't play for that team. Ask for your money back, they'll give it to you. Otherwise call the director and stop pi--ing and moaning on here. As for the rest of the lacrosse world, I'm well aware. However, you've got to look at the facts. When a top school like 'cuse only had upstate and downstate kids they were unstoppable, winning many NCAA crowns. Look at the roster now. Look at the results now. Maybe, just maybe, football converts are not the answer... Maybe pure Lax kids from LI and Upstate was and still is the recipe?? Looks like Duke is starting to see the light. main reason they won the NCAA was the face off X and the goalie... Oh and multiple top players are now headed there from SWR, GC, and Cham... How about Cornell? 7 or 8 of the starting 10 were LI kids... Not saying there aren't plenty of talented kids from all over the place. I am saying that LI is still loaded with talent. Quite possibly the best talent. With that said, let the other states come to us!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You build it they will come.

What do those Nisky JDW CBA N.Sisy (upstate) boys do for the summer. Sorry Im bypassing Westchester, but facts are they are not even close.

Blah blah, so don't play for that team. Ask for your money back, they'll give it to you. Otherwise call the director and stop pi--ing and moaning on here. As for the rest of the lacrosse world, I'm well aware. However, you've got to look at the facts. When a top school like 'cuse only had upstate and downstate kids they were unstoppable, winning many NCAA crowns. Look at the roster now. Look at the results now. Maybe, just maybe, football converts are not the answer... Maybe pure Lax kids from LI and Upstate was and still is the recipe?? Looks like Duke is starting to see the light. main reason they won the NCAA was the face off X and the goalie... Oh and multiple top players are now headed there from SWR, GC, and Cham... How about Cornell? 7 or 8 of the starting 10 were LI kids... Not saying there aren't plenty of talented kids from all over the place. I am saying that LI is still loaded with talent. Quite possibly the best talent. With that said, let the other states come to us!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This LI parent refuses to burn an entire weekend traveling to and from MD to play club lax. On Friday ... traffic on the Belt Pkwy, Verrazano Br traffic, Staten Island Exp traffic, Goethels Br (or Outerbridge) traffic, NJ Tpk traffic, followed by Philly traffic followed by Eastern Shore weekend traffic. That is a nightmare. And then do the whole thing in reverse on Sunday, which is much, much worse.

Not worth it. NJ, CT, Mass, and maybe Philly ... no further. I bet 90% of LI parents would vote for all LI tournaments if they were asked. No reason to travel over a bridge, when it already takes an hour to get anywhere on this dopey sand bar on a summer weekend.

Agreed: My experience has been that competition in NJ and CT not as good as in our own backyard. Have not been to MD yet. I am already not happy about going to NXT and Trilax but that is club lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sound like someone whose kid did not make the Express Wolverines. In any case, you are wrong on your facts. There are 3 coaches on this team including MS and one of his Assistant Coaches at Kellenberg. MS coached the team in fall tourneys and fall practices. He did not coach the team in the OBLL which was an add-on. The parents were told he would not be coaching the OBLL when they were asked if they wanted the team to play in the spring league. The other 2 coaches(including MS' Kellenberg Assistant Coach) coached the team during the OBLL games. The team did not practice during the OBLL but I was happy with that as my kid was practicing every day with his middle school team - enough LAX for us.

MS has been at every practice once the team started practicing for the summer tournaments. He coached the team as it went undefeated in the JDRF. He will be coaching the team at Forsberg.

As for A or B. I have not seen the top Team LI team but as far as I can tell there are 2 2018 teams on Long Island that stand apart - Team 91 Orange and Express Terps. Not sure how the Wolverines would do against either one of them but if those 2 teams are considered A then I will agree Wolverines and every other good team on LI are B. But if they are considered "AA" teams then the Wolverines are an A team. The Wolverines have lost a total of 3 games during the many games they have played in fall tournaments, spring tournaments, OBLL and JDRF. Only 2 teams have beaten them. They lost to fl$ in an OBLL game but beat them in a rematch at the JDRF. They lost twice to 91 White by 2 goals each game in a spring tournament. I think most people would call the 91 White team an A team. For the most part, the Wolverines just came together this year. They are a very good team that is very well coached by 3 excellent coaches.

As for the summer tournaments, they are playing 3 on Long Island, 1 in NJ and 1 in Connecticut. I am okay with that. I hope you enjoy the hours you spend sitting in traffic getting to and from your away tournaments. I am more interested in the tournaments being competitive and my kid getting better over the course of the summer.

Thanks for your concern but this Wolverine parent has been very happy with the team and coaching.

Jesters have tied you twice... Yes Wolverines have beat jesters a few times.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this ranking is true, why are wolverines playing in B bracket saturdy and piranhas playing in A?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this ranking is true, why are wolverines playing in B bracket saturdy and piranhas playing in A?

I think you should look at the schedule again. Wolverines are in the 7th grade A and Piranhas in 7th grade B brackets this weekend in the Forsberg. Terps are playing up in 8th grade A. please lets not bring the Express bashing to this thread too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, my mistake, was referring 2017 teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Top 2018 team on Long Island is TEAM LONG ISLAND They would Crush 91 or terps. I saw them play They are Big and have Talent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree totally, and he is trying to make a busness at of this as well. So he he can't make any $$$ at 91 he will also move on. Look for an indoor arena coming to 91 soon. lol

Haha too late they already have one...its called The Zone

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Top 2018 team on Long Island is TEAM LONG ISLAND They would Crush 91 or terps. I saw them play They are Big and have Talent

I believe terps have played team LI and beat them on more than one occasion. Also half the team is going into 9th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, my mistake, was referring 2017 teams.

then go to the 2017 board

in 2017 Pirhanas and Wolverines are B & C teams (the 3rd and 4th teams and no I am not counting the Turtles) so if they are playing in A & B at the Andy Forsberg you would still be wrong or an Express hater

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ok kid what ever you say. do your parents let you go to never never land too?!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok, i see that express, 91 and team li try outs were all completed. from what I saw last year, these were three pretty evenly matched groups. No disrespect to any other li team in this age group, but in my opinion, these three were the most competitive games. yes, I am an express parent.

I think express orange (now terps) added a couple attack, a middie and a pole or two. Team LI and 91 parents, how much did your teams change if at all?
For other teams, Jesters, true blue...how did tryouts treat your team?
91 Orange added 5 new players including upgraded speed at attack and a touted D Pole. Hope to see alot of these other teams.

91 orange did not! We slowed our team down a bit, and should be weak at best. We also decided to forego practices for pizza and beer sessions done on-line with x-box. We are raring to go for next season!--think before you post, meatwhistle

I sense a little sarcasm in that reply.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe terps have played team LI and beat them on more than one occasion. Also half the team is going into 9th grade.

I believe they split this year and the lefty attack(ex middie) for the terps is older then all the "9th graders" on TLI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's not from a TLI parent ..... Don't start the mud slinging.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
express 2018 terps parent. if you look at the andy forsberg tournament for tomorrow you see exactly the opposite of what your saying. What is wrong with you?????

Relax and enjoy your son...

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard