BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 53 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 52 53
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
NJ just declared a public health emergency. How in the H do people from NY think it's ok to travel to a 2 day tournament in Delaware. "Out-of-State Travel. Any individual who participates in an out-of-state tournament or competition (e.g., ice hockey, basketball, football, competitive cheer or dance) is strongly encouraged to immediately self-quarantine in accordance with DPH guidance from the time of entry into Delaware or for the duration of the individual’s presence in Delaware, whichever period is shorter". Boys lacrosse is still deemed in DE as a HIGH risk sport.

For travelers who were out-of-state for more than 24 hours:
Travelers must obtain a test within three days of departure, prior to arrival in New York.
The traveler must, upon arrival in New York, quarantine for three days.
On day 4 of their quarantine, the traveler must obtain another COVID test. If both tests comes back negative, the traveler may exit quarantine early upon receipt of the second negative diagnostic test.

All this for a youth lacrosse tournament. You are NUTS!

All teams will need to follow the standard guidelines outlined in the Delaware Phase 2 guidance found here: https://coronavirus.delaware.gov/restrictions/phase2/

Way too much to sift through. Our club directors and the event organizers are only concerned about our health and safety, right? None of this is about money, right? It's all about the kids.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a link for this public emergency?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem is none of the Laxoholics are going to abide by the restrictions. Go to a practice for any of these teams: No masks for kids/coaches, parents huddle up maskless, etc Its a "me first" environment all the way up to the directors. As long as lil Johnny gets his T shirt who gives a hoot about the rest of it, right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem is none of the Laxoholics are going to abide by the restrictions. Go to a practice for any of these teams: No masks for kids/coaches, parents huddle up maskless, etc Its a "me first" environment all the way up to the directors. As long as lil Johnny gets his T shirt who gives a hoot about the rest of it, right?
The mental well-being of my child is the most important. If that's "me first" then sorry. My kid isn't going to win a t-shirt and will most likely get beat more times than he wins. He will be outside and hopefully, the sun will be out and he will enjoy being a kid. He will not be sitting inside playing the notIntelligent Xbox for another year as you would have him do. You have the right to stay home but will you please just leave the rest of us alone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats a good response and I respect that and hopefully you are courteous to those around you. The problem is that most of the people are not and ruin it for people lik eyou and I.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The mental well-being of my child is the most important. If that's "me first" then sorry. My kid isn't going to win a t-shirt and will most likely get beat more times than he wins. He will be outside and hopefully, the sun will be out and he will enjoy being a kid. He will not be sitting inside playing the notIntelligent Xbox for another year as you would have him do. You have the right to stay home but will you please just leave the rest of us alone.
We all have a decision to make, agreed? But how many will actually follow the mandates, properly distance, test before, maintain quarantine and test after? Not many I'm sure. This puts the general population at risk. Face it, you could care a less if your kids plays xbox all day, you just want to get out with your solo cup, scream directions to your kid and complain about the officiating. Sound familiar LI?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And cut a large check to do so!! Oh, Red solo cup, oh Ill fill you up!!!!

Last edited by JesLax1; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We all have a decision to make, agreed? But how many will actually follow the mandates, properly distance, test before, maintain quarantine and test after? Not many I'm sure. This puts the general population at risk. Face it, you could care a less if your kids plays xbox all day, you just want to get out with your solo cup, scream directions to your kid and complain about the officiating. Sound familiar LI?

I want to bring my NY cooties to that swamp of a state called Maryland. That's it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express got manhandled today in Maryland. What’s up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You could put the paranoia aside and go to a tournament out of state and still follow guidelines and be smart whole the kids have fun . Let's face the real facts ...the clubs that won't leave the state are not concerned about the kids they are concerned about their pockets and dont wane to pay for out of state tournaments. I know for a fact that a club on long island with an indoor facility had a covid outbreak a few months ago and tried to hide it from everyone . So keys not pretend the clubs that aren't going tomiut of state tournaments care about the kids safety . They literally lied to their own parents about the outbreak . So stop playing yourself and saying you are concerned to leave the state .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Manhandled is the correct word. 14 year old boys playing against men. Can't believe they let these holdbacks play at the 2025 level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And in 2 weeks everyone will be in their glory at the "Big event" where all can be settled in the world of 14 year old lacrosse...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have numbers on other regions. 2026 teams very short at other regions, I assume same for 2025. Looks like majority of teams advancing will come from North and East. What about International? Is WSYL intentionally not advertising who is registered?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Advance? You mean go to DC by default as there are no other teams that care enough in other regions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I want to bring my NY cooties to that swamp of a state called Maryland. That's it.

Thanks for coming down. Glad our MD teams got to show you some of our hospitality. Hope you had a safe trip home.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Manhandled is the correct word. 14 year old boys playing against men. Can't believe they let these holdbacks play at the 2025 level.

That Black Ops team was formed just for the WSYL. All on age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LI Express went 2-4. While they lost to Black Ops who is on age, by one goal, most of the teams that the LI Express team played and lost to were not on age (non- WSYL) - Next Level Blue, FCA, DC Express. They beat Leading Edge (not on-age) by 5.goals and beat Mad Dog (on age) by 2 goals. LI Express will probably do just fine in WSYL, but they just don't look as dominant as in years past.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express was just too small. However, the difference was only 1 goal. But CoachC played 6 games and never showed all his cards. Black Ops played 2 games and emptied the tank. My money is still on the teeth for the title!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And that was an excellent game - back and forth into OT. Could have went either way. Express certainly wasn't manhandled there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't that something? WSYL website....

All players must compete with their team or program on a regular basis. Players cannot be added only to participate in the WSYL and teams cannot be formed out of a partnership or alliance between two or more standalone clubs. The intention of this rule is prevent the formation of all-star teams for the purpose of participating in the WSYL.

Hmmmmmm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All players must compete with their team or program on a regular basis. Players cannot be added only to participate in the WSYL and teams cannot be formed out of a partnership or alliance between two or more standalone clubs. The intention of this rule is prevent the formation of all-star teams for the purpose of participating in the WSYL.

Hmmmmmm
Glass houses? Stones? Anyone at Express know this saying? Chanster created the “he is going to reclass” excuse and things like boarding a Philly fogo for his teams benefit. Cant believe people still complain about age difference to make up for losing. Especially anyone associated with LIE.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This was a close game that could have gone either way. But to use the 6 games vs 2 games comparison is bogus since it was the first game for both teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmmmmmm

Losing the luster. If it didn’t move to Maryland it would probably suffered. Teams simply don’t want to compete on age. It is just that simple. It’s a holdback culture, especially at this age. The only thing is I used to think it was unfair and I now I wish I held my son back. It certainly increases opportunity down the road.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This was a close game that could have gone either way. But to use the 6 games vs 2 games comparison is bogus since it was the first game for both teams.

Long haul vs empty the tank.... tournament lacrosse is different than going all out for two. Going 2-4 was a failure, but if Black Ops plays Express again, Express wins

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And no kid on either team will make a living playing lacrosse. Move on, enjoy the games and enjoy watching your kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ILNA(Italy Lacrosse North America) will be forming 2 teams on Long Island: a 7/8 and a 9/10. We will be participating in 2 tournaments: Lake Placid and NELS in Sudbury MA. The cost will be $640 for the two tournaments. Players will receive: helmet, uniform, 2 performance shirts and a polo. We will try to hold 2 practices before each tournament. If players are of Italian descent and are interested in playing, email Joe Baccarella at jbaccarella@italialacrosse.us

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Black Ops; We have combined three of the top clubs within the DC Metropolitan area to assemble an elite group of lacrosse players to compete on a national level. BTW one of those clubs is Express DC. Don't think anyone will be "enforcing" the WSYL rules. Are Black Ops even attending qualifiers?

Hmmmmmm

Losing the luster. If it didn’t move to Maryland it would probably suffered. Teams simply don’t want to compete on age. It is just that simple. It’s a holdback culture, especially at this age. The only thing is I used to think it was unfair and I now I wish I held my son back. It certainly increases opportunity down the road.

Black Ops; We have combined three of the top clubs within the DC Metropolitan area to assemble an elite group of lacrosse players to compete on a national level. BTW one of those clubs is Express DC. Don't think anyone will be "enforcing" the WSYL rules. Are Black Ops even attending qualifiers?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This pretty much sums up youth East Coast Lacrosse. The "Elite" teams aren't good enough to compete with their on age players, so they don't attend WSYL, or if they do, they have to form an All Star Team. And, please don't talk about it being a money grab....it is is DC this year. What seemed like a great idea 5-6 years ago, has now just become an All Star Event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how many kids are legit holdbacks?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For which team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the East WSYL Regional, all you have to do is look to see who isn't there...

DC Express
Next Level
Team 91
Hawks
FCA

A couple of these teams have as many as 9 holdbacks. Their parents freely talk about it on the sidelines. And, before I have to hear that my son needs to "hit the wall", I am just sharing what we have witnessed, and since US Lacrosse won't change it, it is what it is. However, it does make it extremely difficult for the good teams to compete against.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the East WSYL Regional, all you have to do is look to see who isn't there...

DC Express
Next Level
Team 91
Hawks
FCA

A couple of these teams have as many as 9 holdbacks. Their parents freely talk about it on the sidelines. And, before I have to hear that my son needs to "hit the wall", I am just sharing what we have witnessed, and since US Lacrosse won't change it, it is what it is. However, it does make it extremely difficult for the good teams to compete against.
Looks like a lot of teams have given up on this tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
which 91 team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 MD

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DC Express
Next Level
Team 91
Hawks
FCA

Looks like a lot of teams have given up on this tournament

US Lacrosse has tried. And it was the clubs that didn’t go along with age. Even PAL, which is not for profit and “not about winning” would not go age. It is the clubs that dictate this. And as for PAL, they could have had changed it, but voted it down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"holdbacks" Enough already....Only thing being held back is your wallet and your free time. If your kid's team cannot compete against a team that has a few kids that are older by a few months then his team probably shouldnt be there in the first place. Just sayin.... Its so lame listening to these kind of gripes. "Johnny wont get his t shirt because Club A had 3 hold backs...." GET OVER IT The good teams welcome any challenge, not make excuses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"holdbacks" Enough already....Only thing being held back is your wallet and your free time. If your kid's team cannot compete against a team that has a few kids that are older by a few months then his team probably shouldnt be there in the first place. Just sayin.... Its so lame listening to these kind of gripes. "Johnny wont get his t shirt because Club A had 3 hold backs...." GET OVER IT The good teams welcome any challenge, not make excuses.
Thanks holdback Dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And no kid on either team will make a living playing lacrosse. Move on, enjoy the games and enjoy watching your kids.

The end goal for lacrosse is getting into a good college, not making a living playing the game.

That said your advice is very sound.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would think the end game is to keep your son busy, around other kids and playing a great sport. If he wants to get into College his grades should take care of that, no? Lax scholarships are basically pennies. Cold hearted fact frown

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would think the end game is to keep your son busy, around other kids and playing a great sport. If he wants to get into College his grades should take care of that, no? Lax scholarships are basically pennies. Cold hearted fact frown

It's not about the scholarship money -- it's about the admissions help.

Being a recruited athlete will get your 1150 SAT kid into Duke or UVA and your 1350 SAT kid into Yale or Dartmouth.

Page 24 of 53 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 52 53

Link Copied to Clipboard