BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 116 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 115 116
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How long MG going to last at SPSG. Daughter graduates this year. She might be gone next year. you never know.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JFC stop worrying about girls who are still in middle school!! Let’s just play lacrosse THIS YEAR!! The last thing I’m caring about is where 25s are going when we haven’t played in a year and this year isn’t guaranteed either!! What is wrong with you people?! Enjoy this season!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IAAM starts today. good luck to all the teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
JFC stop worrying about girls who are still in middle school!! Let’s just play lacrosse THIS YEAR!! The last thing I’m caring about is where 25s are going when we haven’t played in a year and this year isn’t guaranteed either!! What is wrong with you people?! Enjoy this season!

Echo these sentiments times 100. Please, enjoy the freedom of playing again and all the positivity and creativity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How long MG going to last at SPSG. Daughter graduates this year. She might be gone next year. you never know.

I did see HMMH with the team at SpookyNook?
Also a lot of the girls at GCS were also recruited by MG. Relationships.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I did see HMMH with the team at SpookyNook?
Also a lot of the girls at GCS were also recruited by MG. Relationships.
HMMH are not going to coach SP and MG is not going to coach GCS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hysterical...8th grade Parents (Yes, we know who the crazy parent is) are even weighing in. Let THIS SEASON play and worry about your 8th Club Team. When your daughter gets to High School, then make comments if your daughter even makes Varsity. Too many club parents want to say my daughter is on Varsity as a Freshman. It’s an honor, but unless they are seeing substantial time on the field as a Varsity player (which is rare) they should be on a Fresh/Soph or JV team and being a leader. Stop trying to brag on FB/Instagram/SnapChat that your 9th grader made varsity. In reality, her field time will be extremely limited, but by all means, push for her to be a bench warmer so you can brag on Social Media.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hysterical...8th grade Parents (Yes, we know who the crazy parent is) are even weighing in. Let THIS SEASON play and worry about your 8th Club Team. When your daughter gets to High School, then make comments if your daughter even makes Varsity. Too many club parents want to say my daughter is on Varsity as a Freshman. It’s an honor, but unless they are seeing substantial time on the field as a Varsity player (which is rare) they should be on a Fresh/Soph or JV team and being a leader. Stop trying to brag on FB/Instagram/SnapChat that your 9th grader made varsity. In reality, her field time will be extremely limited, but by all means, push for her to be a bench warmer so you can brag on Social Media.

You mean, it's more important to actually PLAY than sit the bench?! Noooooo

Parents just don't get it, which unfortunately rubs off on the kids. Just look at what happened to the GCS 2021 class when many of them didn't make varsity as freshman.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just because your daughter couldnt cut it as a 9th grader, doesnt mean ours cant. And where else are you supposed tp post about accomplishments ?? Sun ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Plenty of freshman play substantial minutes in HS. Sorry if yours didnt

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When yours does you can talk. Until then hush ! At good schools many are there to learn for when their time comes. A few special ones play. I see 1 at spsg that can contribute next year if she keeps working. Tall draw girl and left handed. Most will be just wearing a uniform. I wanna see my kid play not just share a seat on the bus with a contributor. On another note word is another 24 joining spsg so someone in 25 class gets bumped down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When yours does you can talk. Until then hush ! At good schools many are there to learn for when their time comes. A few special ones play. I see 1 at spsg that can contribute next year if she keeps working. Tall draw girl and left handed. Most will be just wearing a uniform. I wanna see my kid play not just share a seat on the bus with a contributor. On another note word is another 24 joining spsg so someone in 25 class gets bumped down.
Just stop it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter is a senior and has started every game she’s ever played on a top IAAM team. So have many others. So plenty of us can talk and actually know what we’re talking about and not be a loudmouth parent of an 8th grader telling people their kids won’t play as freshman when you have absolutely no idea.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter is a senior and has started every game she’s ever played on a top IAAM team. So have many others. So plenty of us can talk and actually know what we’re talking about and not be a loudmouth parent of an 8th grader telling people their kids won’t play as freshman when you have absolutely no idea.
My daughter as well. So sit down OP.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter as well. So sit down OP.
mine has started every game since freshmen year also. If you are one of the best players on the team you will be on the field regardless if you are a freshmen or not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parents just don't get it, which unfortunately rubs off on the kids. Just look at what happened to the GCS 2021 class when many of them didn't make varsity as freshman.

Since GCS 2021 class was only 4 girls and All of them made and played on Varsity, you definitely have no clue what you are talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since GCS 2021 class was only 4 girls and All of them made and played on Varsity, you definitely have no clue what you are talking about.
Plus GCS did not have a JV team their freshmen or sophomore years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clicked on the wrong forum. Just when I thought the boys HS forum was the worst, I stumble into this. Entertaining, but get a grip people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least your daughters dont feel like quitting - or do they?
Mine cant be the only one... I dont see why not - playing since 5, club team full of private school girl drama, club team centered around a few girls who never panned out athletically (is this a thing?), friends play on different teams, team kinda stinks, went from a to b without letting girls or parents know, no real direction from club director, players moms who know every player on other teams by name is kinda scary. Do these girls who are in their second yr of college - have they ever felt this way???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mine cant be the only one... I dont see why not - playing since 5, club team full of private school girl drama, club team centered around a few girls who never panned out athletically (is this a thing?), friends play on different teams, team kinda stinks, went from a to b without letting girls or parents know, no real direction from club director, players moms who know every player on other teams by name is kinda scary. Do these girls who are in their second yr of college - have they ever felt this way???

Lots of girls feel this way. Those on top teams feel like they have to stick it out to make their parents happy. Those at lower tier give it up easier for sure. Number 1 reason kids at all levels quit is when the team drama is more an issue than learning abs having fun with their friends.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The entitlement level here is out of this world unreal, freshmen parents assuming or expecting varsity roster spots for their 9th grader. You are the drama.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lots of girls feel this way. Those on top teams feel like they have to stick it out to make their parents happy. Those at lower tier give it up easier for sure. Number 1 reason kids at all levels quit is when the team drama is more an issue than learning abs having fun with their friends.

To her credit, I was already sick of the lacrosse drama in 2nd grade, but loved to play. So she decided to become the goalie and has never looked back.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear 7th & 8th grade moms and dads. Embrace these years because these are the years that your daughter loves lacrosse the most. It’s very competitive at this age so enjoy the ride. it won’t be like this once they get thrown into the mix that is high school. Thank me later.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear 7th & 8th grade moms and dads. Embrace these years because these are the years that your daughter loves lacrosse the most. It’s very competitive at this age so enjoy the ride. it won’t be like this once they get thrown into the mix that is high school. Thank me later.
☝🏻

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
☝🏻
100%!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IAAM regular season starts today with John Carroll @ SPSG. Good luck to all the teams. Great for the girls to be playing again!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IAAM Predictions?
I'd say that McD, SPSG and NDP are in the top tier. GCS and Bryn Mawr in the next group. Gerstell, Maryvale, RPCS, John Craroll, Spalding and St. Marys in tier 3. And Garrison, Severn and Mt de Sales in final group

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IAAM Predictions?
I'd say that McD, SPSG and NDP are in the top tier. GCS and Bryn Mawr in the next group. Gerstell, Maryvale, RPCS, John Craroll, Spalding and St. Marys in tier 3. And Garrison, Severn and Mt de Sales in final group

NDP should drop and GCS move up to tier 1. John Carroll should be at the top of tier 3, maybe into tier 2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with ST Pauls and MCD. i dont know much about NDP except to say coach is excellent and are always competitive. Bryn Mawr has an excellent Goalie and picked up some really good freshman which will help that team. I think Maryvale will surprise some people. Also a strong goalie and some really good athletes. Hope they let fans attend games because it should be an exciting season. Good Luck to all the girls and praying for an injury free season for all teams.!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IAAM Predictions?

NDP should drop and GCS move up to tier 1. John Carroll should be at the top of tier 3, maybe into tier 2.

Based on the 15-3 loss to SPSG last Thursday John Carroll is going to have to show a lot more to belong in tier 2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with ST Pauls and MCD. i dont know much about NDP except to say coach is excellent and are always competitive. Bryn Mawr has an excellent Goalie and picked up some really good freshman which will help that team. I think Maryvale will surprise some people. Also a strong goalie and some really good athletes. Hope they let fans attend games because it should be an exciting season. Good Luck to all the girls and praying for an injury free season for all teams.!!

Sounds like most schools are at least allowing 1-2 parents per player to attend for now. Hopefully will open up more as the season progresses. Just glad they're playing and that some fans are allowed.

Byrn Mawr and Maryvale play Wednesday so we'll see how it shakes out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SPSGs, Maryvale GCS and BM (maybe).
Then McD and NDP
And then the rest...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then McD and NDP
And then the rest...

That's just silly. There's no way Maryvale, GCS or BM are better than McD or NDP.

SPSG and NDP are the most experienced teams with a lot of seniors that have already played a lot of games in the IAAM. BM may be 3rd in that category. Most the other schools hardly have any girls that have even played much meaningful time in an IAAM game. McD and GCS have good junior classes but most of them didn't play much as freshman as the 2020 classes at both schools was loaded.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 5 at seasons end...

SPSG
GCS
McD
NDP
BM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then McD and NDP
And then the rest...

That's just silly. There's no way Maryvale, GCS or BM are better than McD or NDP.

SPSG and NDP are the most experienced teams with a lot of seniors that have already played a lot of games in the IAAM. BM may be 3rd in that category. Most the other schools hardly have any girls that have even played much meaningful time in an IAAM game. McD and GCS have good junior classes but most of them didn't play much as freshman as the 2020 classes at both schools was loaded.
These girls all have so much game experience at the club level, showcases, etc. I wouldn't make too much out of who has more experience playing in IAAM games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 5 at seasons end...

SPSG
GCS
McD
NDP
BM
I agree these will be the top teams. McD and NDP lost a ton of talent this past year, but I am not counting them out. SPSG gained a ton of talent. GCS only lost 1 or 2 seniors and gained strong 23s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 5 at seasons end...

SPSG
GCS
McD
NDP
BM
I agree these will be the top teams. McD and NDP lost a ton of talent this past year, but I am not counting them out. SPSG gained a ton of talent. GCS only lost 1 or 2 seniors and gained strong 23s.
I think this will be SPSG’s year. Will MG go out on top after? I hope not. She has done amazing things there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it all comes down to the upperclassman. SPSG has the strongest 21 class, so I think this is their year. GCS has the strongest 22 class, I see them being in the mix for the next 2 years. Just my 2 cents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then McD and NDP
And then the rest...

this is the densest statement i have seen on this page in quite a while. most of the GCS juniors had a playing time as freshmen. 2 even started the entire year. There are several McD juniors that also played a lot as freshmen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then McD and NDP
And then the rest...

this is the densest statement i have seen on this page in quite a while. most of the GCS juniors had a playing time as freshmen. 2 even started the entire year. There are several McD juniors that also played a lot as freshmen.

Well considering the best 2022 in the country barely got on the field as a freshman at McD I'm not sure it was that dense. The statement is that "most" of them didn't play much as a freshman which is absolutely true.

Like Reply Quote
Page 20 of 116 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 115 116
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard