Re: Warrior AAG
ReeeLax #322625 03/08/21 09:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey fellas I said my daughter and son up for this last year. It was cancelled and we were given the option to make this year's teams if we wanted. So we said we would. Anywho my kids are 9 and 11, 4th and 6th grade. Not looking for much more then a cool lax experience for the monsters. Fingers crossed, haha. Any tips for me aside from getting my money back, lol. Thanks gents!!!

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

ReeeLax #322632 03/08/21 10:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Total trash tournament, was great the first year all the good players there then fell apart. B tourney

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #323005 03/11/21 11:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hey fellas I said my daughter and son up for this last year. It was cancelled and we were given the option to make this year's teams if we wanted. So we said we would. Anywho my kids are 9 and 11, 4th and 6th grade. Not looking for much more then a cool lax experience for the monsters. Fingers crossed, haha. Any tips for me aside from getting my money back, lol. Thanks gents!!!

I highly advise you get your money back. This is a 91 owned “tournament” and it’s a total scam. Now that they will have “elite travel “ coaches it’s even more of a scam. I’ll let you now how it will go

The 91 guys will stack certain teams so they pretty much crush everyone else. They did it 2 years ago and people were pissed. After they stack the teams, crush everyone else, they will name most of their kids “All Americans”. Then 91 will post on their Instagram “congrats to (fill in 91 kids name) on being named an “All American”. It’s a total joke and a waste of money. Save the money and send him to a couple of camps. It’s so bad that even Warrior won’t sponsor it anymore. And if you really want the gear, wait till the fall. 91 will sell the leftover stuff for pennies on the dollar

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #323095 03/12/21 05:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe this has already been posted, but go to the dining hall. It's awesome! Also, don't use the hotel blocks they give you. There are hotels that are close by, the same price and you won't spend 45 minutes a day driving to-from UMass. There is a local bar just off campus that a bunch of parents discovered to kill time while the kids were doing activities. And yes, if you can get your money back, you should.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #323105 03/12/21 07:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I highly advise you get your money back. This is a 91 owned “tournament” and it’s a total scam. Now that they will have “elite travel “ coaches it’s even more of a scam. I’ll let you now how it will go

The 91 guys will stack certain teams so they pretty much crush everyone else. They did it 2 years ago and people were pissed. After they stack the teams, crush everyone else, they will name most of their kids “All Americans”. Then 91 will post on their Instagram “congrats to (fill in 91 kids name) on being named an “All American”. It’s a total joke and a waste of money. Save the money and send him to a couple of camps. It’s so bad that even Warrior won’t sponsor it anymore. And if you really want the gear, wait till the fall. 91 will sell the leftover stuff for pennies on the dollar

This guy hit the nail on the head. AAG is NOT worth it.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
ReeeLax #323124 03/13/21 08:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Point heard loud and clear!!!!

I'm a glutton for punishment, LOL. But thank you for advising me at least I can approach it with the mindset of the picture that this thread has painted. Also I won't amp the kids up overly!!

At this point wish me luck!! I will post my experiences when it's over and done with.

Thanks for the tips about the bar and hotels!!!

Like Reply Quote
ReeeLax #323405 03/16/21 07:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you live in an area that is not a hotbed for lacrosse, and your kid wants a chance to play lax with new kids it is generally a fun event. My son went 2 years ago and had a blast getting to play an extra tournament and meet new kids and coaches. You are basically paying for the gear, if you want the right size make sure you select the right size on your registration forms. Can't say it is any less organized than a dozen other events (for multiple sports) we have been to. Expectations are key, this is not a DI recruiting event it is the Warrior AAG.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #324676 03/25/21 07:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you live in an area that is not a hotbed for lacrosse, and your kid wants a chance to play lax with new kids it is generally a fun event. My son went 2 years ago and had a blast getting to play an extra tournament and meet new kids and coaches. You are basically paying for the gear, if you want the right size make sure you select the right size on your registration forms. Can't say it is any less organized than a dozen other events (for multiple sports) we have been to. Expectations are key, this is not a DI recruiting event it is the Warrior AAG.

You sir have hit the nail on the head. We TRAVEL!!! I grew up in a hotbed of lax in southern NY but moved up the line in a "no-mans land" of which lax is in its infancy. So to put it lightly and to reiterate, WE TRAVEL!!!

I sure am glad I came across this thread as it has enlightened me to say the least.

We aren't used to a steady dose of high level lax. But the kids have been exposed to it as I said before, WE TRAVEL. So all that rambling to say I feel optimistic about the kids "experience" but understand where some of the parents posting are coming from in their personal experiences in regards to the level of play.

Like Reply Quote
ReeeLax #324836 03/26/21 07:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Run. Run far and run fast from this event. I am not exaggerating. It was the single biggest waste of time and money for any single sports endeavor of my kids life. Even if you're from an area where lax is not a hotbed. You will all walk away shaking your head cursing the fact you did this. It was a complete joke on every level, not just talent.

Like Reply Quote
ReeeLax #324843 03/26/21 08:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Waste of time and money. You're essentially paying swag that your son will never use again and a couple lax games. Plus hotel room and food while you're away. Definitely not worth.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #324851 03/26/21 08:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Run. Run far and run fast from this event. I am not exaggerating. It was the single biggest waste of time and money for any single sports endeavor of my kids life. Even if you're from an area where lax is not a hotbed. You will all walk away shaking your head cursing the fact you did this. It was a complete joke on every level, not just talent.

I agree. If your not in a hotbed there’s a million more events that are better than this one. It’s a total scam ran by 91 owners. There’s plenty of great events up here for individual players (apex, players Series ). At these events you get much better individual work with college coaches. You also get a few games mixed in with good players. The coaches at these events will be subpar travel coaches who most are probably employed by 91. If there’s one thing I can give anyone on this board it’s please don’t waste your time on this event

Like Reply Quote
ReeeLax #324862 03/26/21 09:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Went two years ago (pre-pandemic) and I agree it was god awful . They makemit sound like an all star game and that your kid "made" the all star team and that only studs play in this tournament. Meanwhile they take everyone who tries out /signs up . It's awful ....waste I'd time and money . Trust me stay away, I just threw out all of the garbage they have us two years ago . It's a complete joke .

Like Reply Quote
ReeeLax #324863 03/26/21 09:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also, just an FYI- the nlf tournament is right before the AAG....so all of the top teams/players play in that tournament and then go back home . Leaving the AAG with B team players and coaches trying to fill rosters . It's a horrible joke . Don't give them your money it's awful

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #324936 03/26/21 04:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also, just an FYI- the nlf tournament is right before the AAG....so all of the top teams/players play in that tournament and then go back home . Leaving the AAG with B team players and coaches trying to fill rosters . It's a horrible joke . Don't give them your money it's awful
Not even heading home. Have to head south for NAL the following weekend so VERY unlikely anyone would stick around for this.

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard