BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,175
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 108 of 321 1 2 106 107 108 109 110 320 321
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You know people are desperate for lacrosse when we are all eagerly following scrimmage scores. smile

Live Lax

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know people are desperate for lacrosse when we are all eagerly following scrimmage scores. smile
Button up. It’s been a year. Don’t rain on our parade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. John's 17 - Severn 8

Hahaha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. John's 17 - Severn 8

Hahaha

This can’t be true. Severn is gonna hurt the leagues prestige. 😜

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding had another tie. 🤔

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lax or Jai Alai, don't know which is more entertaining? Maybe a more physical sport such as soccer.

Play more Box!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Getting close to the MIAA reg season. After watching Spalding, STM, Severn, BL and Gilman I’d say spalding will win the 2021 MIAA Championship. 💯

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Getting close to the MIAA reg season. After watching Spalding, STM, Severn, BL and Gilman I’d say spalding will win the 2021 MIAA Championship. 💯

Could this be their year? Maybe they had all the kids playing in fall league lacrosse. Had 4 teams playing modified winter box league. Will have 5 preseason scrimmages against top talent. They have done more then any team out there putting in the work. Only time will tell if it pays off. Btw they also have some talent and a elite coaching staff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could this be their year? Maybe they had all the kids playing in fall league lacrosse. Had 4 teams playing modified winter box league. Will have 5 preseason scrimmages against top talent. They have done more then any team out there putting in the work. Only time will tell if it pays off. Btw they also have some talent and a elite coaching staff.
Or maybe you are the only ones feeling the need to talk about everything you have done in the off season and other teams have done more and don’t feel the need to pound chests on an anonymous forum. You don’t have your go to win against GCS to start your season off with a bang, so let’s see how you do. Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding is a laughable program. With Kelly, Hogan, Cottle and daddy Lids involved it will all fall apart at some point. Isn’t Spalding merging with Old Mill?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any good scrimmages this weekend?

I’m aware of these. I’m sure many others played.

BL vs Gilman
Spalding vs Haverford
Severn vs DeMatha
Severn vs St. John’s

Anyone watch? Scores?

Gilman scrimmage seemed even.
Gilman starters were more than even with BL starters. by my account Gilman was up 6-4 at half

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hard to judge on how the season will go based on scrimmages. Some teams actually play the bench in the 2nd half. Others (Spalding) are coaching to win scrimmages and play bench in 5th quarter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BL vs Gilman
Spalding vs Haverford
Severn vs DeMatha
Severn vs St. John’s

Anyone watch? Scores?

Gilman starters were more than even with BL starters. by my account Gilman was up 6-4 at half

Same was true for SJC starters and Severn. I thought SJC would blow them out. Didn't happen until the subs came in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or maybe you are the only ones feeling the need to talk about everything you have done in the off season and other teams have done more and don’t feel the need to pound chests on an anonymous forum. You don’t have your go to win against GCS to start your season off with a bang, so let’s see how you do. Good luck!

Someone thinks they are the only ones playing all year round. I saw the weak box league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"A man got's to know his limitations" as Josey Wales said. Sounds like he knows his.

He'll be just fine. Thanks for the concern though.

Enjoy your [son's] high school Glory Days.

You're so above it all, yet here you are stalking posts and then posting complete nonsense about your snowflake turning down MIAA programs because he couldn't possibly tear away from his daily public bro-mance?

I think the reality was Junior didn't want to get his mettle tested in the fast lane and the icing for you was not having to figure out how to come up with tuition.

Great job setting the bar high for him lost!!!

It the kid is a top student and lives in an area where the public schools are safe and don’t force liberal bologna down the kids throat, then going public (better access to higher education) is the proper choice, plus being a big fish in a small pond isn’t necessarily bad. Top students don’t need to rely on lax for some college tuition, they will get academic scholarships

Not trying to debate or argue, as there are some good publics out there for certain academic "paths." But aside from those handful of magnet publics, what general public is better than MIAAs academically? Unless you're advocating more for the big fish in small pond idea. These private schools are extremely challenging academically. Much more so than all general publics.

What do you mean by "better access to higher education?"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"A man got's to know his limitations" as Josey Wales said. Sounds like he knows his.

He'll be just fine. Thanks for the concern though.

Enjoy your [son's] high school Glory Days.

You're so above it all, yet here you are stalking posts and then posting complete nonsense about your snowflake turning down MIAA programs because he couldn't possibly tear away from his daily public bro-mance?

I think the reality was Junior didn't want to get his mettle tested in the fast lane and the icing for you was not having to figure out how to come up with tuition.

Great job setting the bar high for him lost!!!

It the kid is a top student and lives in an area where the public schools are safe and don’t force liberal bologna down the kids throat, then going public (better access to higher education) is the proper choice, plus being a big fish in a small pond isn’t necessarily bad. Top students don’t need to rely on lax for some college tuition, they will get academic scholarships

Not trying to debate or argue, as there are some good publics out there for certain academic "paths." But aside from those handful of magnet publics, what general public is better than MIAAs academically? Unless you're advocating more for the big fish in small pond idea. These private schools are extremely challenging academically. Much more so than all general publics.

What do you mean by "better access to higher education?"

not true at all for the top students. public school offers a more rigorous academic program for the "AP" outstanding scholar than most private schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The privates are more rigorous overall.
And ALL the privates offer AP level classes as well.
But somehow the publics become better...at the AP level?
Makes no sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The privates are more rigorous overall.
And ALL the privates offer AP level classes as well.
But somehow the publics become better...at the AP level?
Makes no sense.

no they aren't, the advanced students would be much better served at a public school. Didn't say the privates don't offer AP, don't put words in my mouth. private schools are more geared towards the average student.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BL vs Gilman
Spalding vs Haverford
Severn vs DeMatha
Severn vs St. John’s

Anyone watch? Scores?

6-5 but yes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
public schools also get more of the young teachers who actually believe they can mold and change students, they are more energetic and creative in the classroom. most of the private school teachers are retired public school teachers or teachers who want to remain sheltered for the harsh realities of the real world....ie … being challenged to educate the under privileged.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BL vs Gilman
Spalding vs Haverford
Severn vs DeMatha
Severn vs St. John’s

Anyone watch? Scores?

Same was true for SJC starters and Severn. I thought SJC would blow them out. Didn't happen until the subs came in.

Severn starting goalie was very good in the 1st half.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
public schools also get more of the young teachers who actually believe they can mold and change students, they are more energetic and creative in the classroom. most of the private school teachers are retired public school teachers or teachers who want to remain sheltered for the harsh realities of the real world....ie … being challenged to educate the under privileged.
with

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
with

Give it a rest. Trying to convince yourself that public education is better than a private education is a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
with

Give it a rest. Trying to convince yourself that public education is better than a private education is a joke.

it is, I understand most private school parents won't admit it, I get it they spend 20+ grand a year for mediocre education. the good thing about private school is the average student is held accountable for their actions. the students have to show up, behave, and maintain passing grades. the private schools also have better disiplinary actions...they can actually kick students out of the school. public schools don't have much if any of that. what they do have though, is better teachers and a more rigorous academic environment for the over academic achievers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Public school teachers are actually certified and have to complete a masters degree, so yes. And all is true about the private schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The MIAA A Division schools are fine private schools. But they are hardly elite among private schools when it comes to academics. They certainly don't provide any unique educational opportunities that a smart motivated kid can't get (for free) at the better public schools in Baltimore, Howard and Anne Arundel Counties.

You are paying for the connections and sports, and for the more personalized attention if your kid can benefit from that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
with

it is, I understand most private school parents won't admit it, I get it they spend 20+ grand a year for mediocre education. the good thing about private school is the average student is held accountable for their actions. the students have to show up, behave, and maintain passing grades. the private schools also have better disiplinary actions...they can actually kick students out of the school. public schools don't have much if any of that. what they do have though, is better teachers and a more rigorous academic environment for the over academic achievers.

You need to step away from the keyboard my man. Clearly you are working hard to justify your decision to keep junior in public when the opportunity was there to switch him over to private. Your reasons are your own but you should dial yourself back... This reads as if you have zero clue what actually happens in a private school and are just building a set of justifications; painting with an awfully broad brush in the process.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
with

Delusional parent alert! Your lost if you think a public education is better then private. It’s obvious you never attended private lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we move on from the public school advocate?

Looks like Governor Hogan is a lax fan. Changing restrictions so we can go watch some games. Winning

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
with

Honestly probably depends on the public school and private school. Both have their pros and cons

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who wins the MIAA this year?

I see talk of Spalding, BL, etc what about Calvert Hall or Mcdonough?

And I am not trying to stir the pot literally just asking as I dont know the depth and stars for each team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we move on from the public school advocate?

Looks like Governor Hogan is a lax fan. Changing restrictions so we can go watch some games. Winning

Although the counties can continue their own restrictions.

But :fingers crossed:

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who wins the MIAA this year?

I see talk of Spalding, BL, etc what about Calvert Hall or Mcdonough?

And I am not trying to stir the pot literally just asking as I dont know the depth and stars for each team.

Calvert Hall or McDonogh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We haven't seen any of these teams play a league game in 2 years.
Gonna be some movement from the last time out. Lots of new coaches in the past 2 years who are getting their feet under them.
Will be interesting to see how things shake out and who has been recruiting/developing talent.
I think LB (or Spading) wins it all this year. Maybe St M's.
Gilly will be improved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Try finding a certified teacher in a private school. Good luck. Just because something costs a lot of money doesn’t make it better. Look for qualified teachers if you want rigor. And by qualified I mean certified. They have to know how to teach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, I guess we can break the debate between the Spalding and Severn dads. BL and Spalding will be good, but Calvert Hall, McD, and Loyola are the top teams. All of them littered with high D1 commitments (certainly many more than the other schools mentioned). There will be some upsets but one of those should/will win the MIAA...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have experience with kids multiple private and public. Public is better. Better college prep, better teachers, better preparation for the real world. Far less social pressure, racism, drugs, and bullying. Yes MIAA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
with

Delusional parent alert! Your lost if you think a public education is better then private. It’s obvious you never attended private lol

12 years private school, I can honestly say public schools provide a better education than private, though private schools provide more of a sense of community.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
with

You need to step away from the keyboard my man. Clearly you are working hard to justify your decision to keep junior in public when the opportunity was there to switch him over to private. Your reasons are your own but you should dial yourself back... This reads as if you have zero clue what actually happens in a private school and are just building a set of justifications; painting with an awfully broad brush in the process.

You are wrong, what Was said is accurate. You are just clueless when it comes to anything other than your private education

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have experience with kids multiple private and public. Public is better. Better college prep, better teachers, better preparation for the real world. Far less social pressure, racism, drugs, and bullying. Yes MIAA.

You must be talking about schools like Spalding or Calvert Hall. Those are hardly “private” schools when anybody can go there if they’re willing to pay. Actual private schools like Gilman, Mcdonogh, or Severn are great academic schools. This talk about public school teachers being better is bs they’re some of the laziest schmucks I’ve ever met. You must’ve met some teachers at Spalding lol. Better college prep you say? Is that why public school has many kids who don’t go to college and or go to community college? Better preparation for the real world? Give me a break good private schools will set you up for the rest of your life. And yes public schools DEFINITELY do not have any racism, drugs, or bullying LOL. BTW after going to a private school I do not think it’s personally worth it and wouldn’t send my kid to one, but to say public schools are better than the likes of Gilman, Mcdonogh, or Severn is utterly insane and you clearly know nothing.

Like Reply Quote
Page 108 of 321 1 2 106 107 108 109 110 320 321
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard