BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 40 of 73 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 72 73
Re: Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Close game. But once LIE got on a roll, the Hawks were visibly deflated. No shame, it was a very good game. Look forward to these teams playing and making each other better in the future.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
ummmmm. interesting...just this weekend Express whipped Hawks. sooofunny when anyone says something with the word never in it.. usually doesn't work well

7-5 is a whipping? Can we get a game recap for those that werent there? Never heard of a 7-5 whipping.

Close game that could've gone either way. Hawks up 4-0, LIE made it 4-2, Hawks 5-2, LIE scored the next 5. LIE FOGO did not play 25's Sat.

FOGO is no longer playing 2025. Playing on age 2026. 2025's got too big too strong, wasn't able to dominate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jersey Express 5
BBL 5

Jersey Express 6
Long Island Express 3

Jersey Express 5
True Annapolis 4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This weekend they played.. I guess any argument about who the King Is,is mute. whether Express or 91 or Igloo..the champion always goes out of Long Island as do over 50% of college players.. they play with their own age group, they play all the older teams that play older kids and then they as they get a little bigger they start to run all those teams off the field.. just facts.. its been going on for 20 years.. I would think that some of these other areas would see it and adopt but as so many have so vocally wrote ...winning in the fifth grade is really important..good luck losing when it it gets real..

Sounds like LI has it all figured out. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We will all lay down now.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone see the Jersey Express vs LI express game?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone see the Jersey Express vs LI express game?

Yeah

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This weekend they played.. I guess any argument about who the King Is,is mute. whether Express or 91 or Igloo..the champion always goes out of Long Island as do over 50% of college players.. they play with their own age group, they play all the older teams that play older kids and then they as they get a little bigger they start to run all those teams off the field.. just facts.. its been going on for 20 years.. I would think that some of these other areas would see it and adopt but as so many have so vocally wrote ...winning in the fifth grade is really important..good luck losing when it it gets real..

LOL, no hold backs on LI. OK, dream on. Signed, another LI dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL, no hold backs on LI. OK, dream on. Signed, another LI dad.

Agreed. My nephew plays for a 91 team. Definitely holdbacks. Check out St. Anthony's and Chaminade too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any details on how that went?... big plays?... Players to watch out for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Appreciate that.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hoping someone mentions your kid? Just say it yourself already! Oh maybe you just want a scouting report.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hoping someone mentions your kid? Just say it yourself already! Oh maybe you just want a scouting report.

How about this year everyone is postive here and celebrates this good times?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

---------------------------------------------------

My kid doesn't play for either team... not sure if that dudes does either...

good detail on the Hawks vs LI express... I'm curious too on the team that beat LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

good detail on the Hawks vs LI express... I'm curious too on the team that beat LI

Jersey Express is a good team with a huge goalie, LI had nothing left in the tank at that point IMO.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Man, pretty confident. Beat Hawks by 2, tied True and already crowning yourselves the future WSYL champs!? And do yourself a favor, take a look at at some top college lacrosse rosters. Not even Hofstra is 50% LI, let alone the top ranked programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Man, pretty confident. Beat Hawks by 2, tied True and already crowning yourselves the future WSYL champs!? And do yourself a favor, take a look at at some top college lacrosse rosters. Not even Hofstra is 50% LI, let alone the top ranked programs.

What about NCCC and SCCC? they are almost all LI kids

Jersey Express is a good team with a huge goalie, LI had nothing left in the tank at that point IMO.

Jersey Express beat LI Express on Saturday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The great LI myth. My kid plays lacrosse on LI so he's getting a D1 ride. Was never true, never will be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spent 5 min looking at the rosters of the current top 5. I included all NY kids and it isnt even close. Time to open your eyes. There is talent outside of LI.
Duke - 13 NYers
UNC - 7
UMD - 4
Rutgers - 5
Gtown - 7

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The great LI myth. My kid plays lacrosse on LI so he's getting a D1 ride. Was never true, never will be.

I would bet that most of the top teams have more kids from west of the Mississippi than LI. Coaches are expanding their recruiting. There are players beyond Nassau and Suffolk.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd love to hear one lacrosse program not on Long Island that is anywhere near 50% LI kids. Feel free to post it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can we talk more about this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If true, and the #1 team went 2-1-1, the Sweetlax is your new #1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed, Sweetlax is the clear front runner. The other teams have too many weaknesses to be a clear contenders for the crown.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed, Sweetlax is the clear front runner. The other teams have too many weaknesses to be a clear contenders for the crown.

Rumor is that Sweetlax has multiple kids that are not WS eligible Pretty sure they would need to beat Express and Hawks to climb the ladder.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't LI Express win the last two times they played Sweetlax? Yes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FYI Jersey was playing with a 2024 goalie and at least 3 2025's according to parents on the sideline.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure I believe this post, seems totally ridiculous that people would allow 2024 goalie to play with 2026s. If true then it sounds like nJ express has a significant goalie problem for WS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure I believe this post, seems totally ridiculous that people would allow 2024 goalie to play with 2026s. If true then it sounds like nJ express has a significant goalie problem for WS.

I typed that and meant 2025.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The goalie on Jersey’s head was even with the top crossbar on the goal....72 inches. He probably weighed 175. Pretty Unlikely that he is a ‘26 kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many Lacrosse Scholarships are Available and What Schools Offer Them?
Not all colleges that are eligible to offer scholarships will choose to do so. For example, Ivy League schools choose not to offer athletic scholarships. Lacrosse is an equivalency sport, which means all scholarships are not full scholarships, and coaches can divide the value of the scholarships available to them between as many players as they see fit. Full rides are very rare.

Men’s Lacrosse
NCAA D1: 12.6
NCAA D2: 10.8
NJCAA: 20

The current Duke roster has 50 players. 12.6/50= NOT A FULL RIDE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not all colleges that are eligible to offer scholarships will choose to do so. For example, Ivy League schools choose not to offer athletic scholarships. Lacrosse is an equivalency sport, which means all scholarships are not full scholarships, and coaches can divide the value of the scholarships available to them between as many players as they see fit. Full rides are very rare.

Men’s Lacrosse

Not about the scholarship. It is nearly impossible to get into Duke with straight As. You need to have something that the school needs/wants. I suspect non of kids on the Duke roster would have been accepted at Duke had not been for the lacrosse hook.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't LI Express win the last two times they played Sweetlax? Yes.

Sweetlax is good. Express and Hawks are better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The goalie on Jersey’s head was even with the top crossbar on the goal....72 inches. He probably weighed 175. Pretty Unlikely that he is a ‘26 kid.

My son is a 2026 (on age), he is 6ft tall but no where near 175, but height doesn't equal age.

Men’s Lacrosse

Correct. However, only LI kids are allowed to receive lacrosse scholarship, and they make up 50% of college lacrosse teams!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rumor is that Sweetlax has multiple kids that are not WS eligible Pretty sure they would need to beat Express and Hawks to climb the ladder.

Sweetlax has never beat Hawks. Congrats to Express, great game and cant wait to play again. Greats fans and great atmosphere!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've said it before... an upstate team will win the WSYL this year. Sweetlax or FCA...You heard it here

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sweetlax has never beat Hawks. Congrats to Express, great game and cant wait to play again. Greats fans and great atmosphere!!!!

It was a great game. The tale of two halves. The Hawks goalie made some highlight saves and #5 had a hat trick before some people had even settled in. The Express FOGO was lights out and #99 was a beast on offense and defense. Express showed inspiring resilience fighting back and the Hawks learned a great lesson that led to blowouts in their next two games. This is what youth sports should be about. It's going to be a battle for years to come and we should collectively be proud of all the boys for their work to get to this point. They'll probably be teammates in the future. Good luck to everyone this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've said it before... an upstate team will win the WSYL this year. Sweetlax or FCA...You heard it here

Careful, you are uniting Hawks and Express parents now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was a great game. The tale of two halves. The Hawks goalie made some highlight saves and #5 had a hat trick before some people had even settled in. The Express FOGO was lights out and #99 was a beast on offense and defense. Express showed inspiring resilience fighting back and the Hawks learned a great lesson that led to blowouts in their next two games. This is what youth sports should be about. It's going to be a battle for years to come and we should collectively be proud of all the boys for their work to get to this point. They'll probably be teammates in the future. Good luck to everyone this weekend.

Thank you for this! This sentiment is what youth sports is all about!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son is a 2026 (on age), he is 6ft tall but no where near 175, but height doesn't equal age.

Men’s Lacrosse

Correct. However, only LI kids are allowed to receive lacrosse scholarship, and they make up 50% of college lacrosse teams!

Regarding the 6ft tall 2026 kid who is "on age", keep in mind that "on age" differs from state to state, as different states use different calendars when placing kids in Kindergarten, etc. NY, for instance, uses a calendar that makes their kids younger when "on age" than every other hotbed-ish state. NY "on age" kids for 2026 are almost always going to be 2008 birth years. In relevant other states, many of the "on age" kids are later half 2007s.

This is yet another reason why lacrosse should move to a BY system, or maybe a Sept-Aug system. Even the non-holdbacks are not similarly situated. For the life of me, I have never understood why the club owners have not figured this out. For the kids that are more multi-sport athletes, and for whom lacrosse is not that big a focus, many of them have been one and done on the travel scene and age disparities has been a part of it. I know several families that were frustrated by this and their kid played one year and that was it. Yes, the kid who is both a top athlete and a year round lacrosse player can handle the older kids, but the kid who is just a good, but not great athlete, and who only touches a stick during lacrosse season - the older kids are too much. These kids are available during the late spring/early summer travel season, and the summer tournaments are a lot of fun. You would think the directors would try to increase their customer base by leveling out the playing field. The top kids can always either play up, or play on AAA type teams vs the top kids at their age. Hockey has figured this out. There are a TON of mediocre athletes playing travel hockey and shelling out tons of money who come back year after year, because they get to play in competive leagues and travel to competitive tournaments - where all the kids are, on the average, the same size and at the same level of development. My kids have played a TON of hockey and lacrosse against MD and PA kids, and its amazing how these states seem to have lacrosse kids who are much bigger and faster than the hockey kids. Its because of the age differences.

A few years ago when my kids were younger our team was camped out next to another team from a different state. The kids were hanging out and talking, which all the parents thought was awesome. They started taking about hockey and the kids realized that most of them were at the same tournament earlier that year. But then as the conversation continued the kids came to learn that the other team was Pee Wee, which our kids were Squirts (if you know hockey you know what this means). The parents of the other team seemed embarrassed, while the kids thought that this was because they were better at hockey. Suffice it to say this other team killed us when we played.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Men’s Lacrosse

Regarding the 6ft tall 2026 kid who is "on age", keep in mind that "on age" differs from state to state, as different states use different calendars when placing kids in Kindergarten, etc. NY, for instance, uses a calendar that makes their kids younger when "on age" than every other hotbed-ish state. NY "on age" kids for 2026 are almost always going to be 2008 birth years. In relevant other states, many of the "on age" kids are later half 2007s.

This is yet another reason why lacrosse should move to a BY system, or maybe a Sept-Aug system. Even the non-holdbacks are not similarly situated. For the life of me, I have never understood why the club owners have not figured this out. For the kids that are more multi-sport athletes, and for whom lacrosse is not that big a focus, many of them have been one and done on the travel scene and age disparities has been a part of it. I know several families that were frustrated by this and their kid played one year and that was it. Yes, the kid who is both a top athlete and a year round lacrosse player can handle the older kids, but the kid who is just a good, but not great athlete, and who only touches a stick during lacrosse season - the older kids are too much. These kids are available during the late spring/early summer travel season, and the summer tournaments are a lot of fun. You would think the directors would try to increase their customer base by leveling out the playing field. The top kids can always either play up, or play on AAA type teams vs the top kids at their age. Hockey has figured this out. There are a TON of mediocre athletes playing travel hockey and shelling out tons of money who come back year after year, because they get to play in competive leagues and travel to competitive tournaments - where all the kids are, on the average, the same size and at the same level of development. My kids have played a TON of hockey and lacrosse against MD and PA kids, and its amazing how these states seem to have lacrosse kids who are much bigger and faster than the hockey kids. Its because of the age differences.

A few years ago when my kids were younger our team was camped out next to another team from a different state. The kids were hanging out and talking, which all the parents thought was awesome. They started taking about hockey and the kids realized that most of them were at the same tournament earlier that year. But then as the conversation continued the kids came to learn that the other team was Pee Wee, which our kids were Squirts (if you know hockey you know what this means). The parents of the other team seemed embarrassed, while the kids thought that this was because they were better at hockey. Suffice it to say this other team killed us when we played.

On age for 2026 and WSYL. better?

Page 40 of 73 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard