BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 107 of 311 1 2 105 106 107 108 109 310 311
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Heard BL Lefty 2022 had a surgery and will miss time coming into the season. That has always been my peeve with his hype he is ALWAYS hurt. IL has him in top 5 but he can not stay healthy. How long he is out will be interesting part of BL season.
Weird that your pet peeve is a highly regarded high school kid being injured.

Good player but stays hurt. UNC has a great medical staff.
He really is always injured
Heard BL Lefty 2022 had a surgery and will miss time coming into the season. That has always been my peeve with his hype he is ALWAYS hurt. IL has him in top 5 but he can not stay healthy. How long he is out will be interesting part of BL season.

Is this actual information or fake news
Find out today. Their Gilman scrimmage is live-streamed.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Provide the link to the scrimmage?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
https://twitter.com/BL_Alumni/status/1367842912445341701?s=20

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

https://events.locallive.tv/schools/boyslatinmd

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who graduated in 2020 from B that is playing D1? Who are current D1 commits in B? Who is projected to be a D1 recruit?

I think the answer to all 3 is NO ONE

Friends goalie is D1 commit
Middie also is D1 commit

There are a decent amount out there. They just don't have the hype train following them. B programs are producing a lot of good college players- D1 and elsewhere. Friends has a goalie currently at Drexel. Glenelg Country has a LSM playing for Loyola University a few middies playing D1 too. JC has a bunch of kids who are playing and contributing in D1 from their B days too- RMU, MsM, and a couple others. Another kid from JC's B days was the leading scorer in D3 last year. The depth in the B isn't the same as in the A conference. But there are a lot of good players and some decent teams in the B league from time to time. Acknowledging that doesn't disparage the A. And if you ignore it, you're simply missing some good lax.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the beginning of last season GCS lost to Spalding by 10.

High point of Spalding's season. And apparently high point of the year for some Spalding Dads.

Serious Question,,,Will you ever get over your son getting cut or not invited to play at Spalding ? It is not like there are not other programs for him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spalding is gonna destroy both of these teams. No even close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spalding is gonna destroy both of these teams. No even close.

Nah

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

High point of Spalding's season. And apparently high point of the year for some Spalding Dads.

Serious Question,,,Will you ever get over your son getting cut or not invited to play at Spalding ? It is not like there are not other programs for him.

LOL. I could care less about Spalding. I just find it funny how riled up the Spalding dad's get.

And to the extent it matters, my son turned down recruiting efforts from three MIAA A Division schools. He's happy and doing great at his public school. :shrug:

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. I could care less about Spalding. I just find it funny how riled up the Spalding dad's get.

And to the extent it matters, my son turned down recruiting efforts from three MIAA A Division schools. He's happy and doing great at his public school. :shrug:

there are other positives not going to "A". My son played three sports from his sophomore year on in the "B" and made all MIAA "B" in all three. He probably wouldn't have been able to do that in the "A".

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As an example, there are just over 100 kids in the lax program at CH. Across Freshman not happening this year) JV and Varsity teams.
Similar numbers in FB, Soccer etc.
So highly unlikely there are too many kids who get to play more than one sport past the freshman/JV level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So how did it go?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course he turned them ALL down, Why would he play in one of the most prestigious leagues in the country when he can play for a public school . LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weird that your pet peeve is a highly regarded high school kid being injured.

Good player but stays hurt. UNC has a great medical staff.
He really is always injured

Is this actual information or fake news
Find out today. Their Gilman scrimmage is live-streamed.

Well?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few years ago Curley JV beat MSJ & Spalding JV teams

JC, MSJ, Spalding, AC, GCS, SPP, Friends should all be competing in the "B".

We all know who the "A" teams are, and none of the above can compete with them.
detest on Spalding all you want, but they have a good team.
A few years ago Curley JV beat MSJ & Spalding JV teams

JC, MSJ, Spalding, AC, GCS, SPP, Friends should all be competing in the "B".

We all know who the "A" teams are, and none of the above can compete with them.
detest on Spalding all you want, but they have a good team.

Spalding is the 2nd best public school in the MIAA (behind Calvert Hall).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote=Anonymous]
Washington & Lee (D3) historically has a winning record against VMI (D1)

VMI! ;

Yup, Washington and Lee had a ten year winning record. VMI finally beat them in 2019.

Hey now - don't knock VMI - that's where Ripley went to be Happy, I mean play college ball.

Jacksonville beat Limestone 12-2 this spring too. Says something.

Jacksonville probably isn’t a bottom D1 program. Last season they were middle (lower middle) of the pack. Limestone (d2) might be able to beat low 5 d1 teams. I personally think top D3 teams are better than D2 though. Most D2 schools are small private schools.[/quote]

In warm up games this year SALISBury killed DRExell and Lynchburg Led UVa at the half. Less difference than you think between D1 and D3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Spalding look vs Haverford today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DIII Salisbury beat DI Drexel last week in a scrimmage
Drexel beat Towson today by 2 Goals
Salisbury lost to Lynchburg today by 2 goals

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course he turned them ALL down, Why would he play in one of the most prestigious leagues in the country when he can play for a public school . LOL

Because he felt his public high school has better academic options at the higher levels than most of the private schools. So far so good on that front - although the pandemic made me question the decision somewhat when the private schools started going back in person.

Oh and after playing with and against them for so many years, he thinks that too many of the private school kids are [insert word that the forum mods won't allow], so he preferred to stay with the friends he's known since kindergarten.

So yes, he did turn down all the efforts to recruit him to play in the MIAA. I know that the "Glory Days" Spalding dads find that hard to understand. :shrug:

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably so he wouldn't have to go to school with a bunch of George Hughleys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who graduated in 2020 from B that is playing D1? Who are current D1 commits in B? Who is projected to be a D1 recruit?

Middie also is D1 commit

Well a great time to be a B goalie getting a D1 offer is during a pandemic when coaches can’t see you. He probably had a 70% save percentage playing against a bunch of soccer players playing a sport in the spring. In the A maybe he goes D3 or nowhere at all because the competition is so much better

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Middie also is D1 commit

Well a great time to be a B goalie getting a D1 offer is during a pandemic when coaches can’t see you. He probably had a 70% save percentage playing against a bunch of soccer players playing a sport in the spring. In the A maybe he goes D3 or nowhere at all because the competition is so much better
More likely you have no clue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are dumber’er for reading your comment above.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Middie also is D1 commit

Not in this case. Severn dad again. That goalie had 30 saves against us. My son was a senior and he said it was the best game he had ever seen a goalie have and he has played with and against a bunch of D1 goalies . I doubt he gets 30 saves every game but a year ago he was phenomenal. Several of our parents and players knew him and said he is a very nice young man and has always been good. Our goalie, a D1 freshman now, was lights out too that game but this young man was on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Middie also is D1 commit

Not in this case. Severn dad again. That goalie had 30 saves against us. My son was a senior and he said it was the best game he had ever seen a goalie have and he has played with and against a bunch of D1 goalies . I doubt he gets 30 saves every game but a year ago he was phenomenal. Several of our parents and players knew him and said he is a very nice young man and has always been good. Our goalie, a D1 freshman now, was lights out too that game but this young man was on

Friends also had a 2019 goalie who moved to Gilman his senior year go D1, Glenelg has a couple 22’s that will be D1. Curley had at least one 2020 who could was being recruited for D1 lax but chose D1 football

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because he felt his public high school has better academic options at the higher levels than most of the private schools. So far so good on that front - although the pandemic made me question the decision somewhat when the private schools started going back in person.

Oh and after playing with and against them for so many years, he thinks that too many of the private school kids are [insert word that the forum mods won't allow], so he preferred to stay with the friends he's known since kindergarten.

So yes, he did turn down all the efforts to recruit him to play in the MIAA. I know that the "Glory Days" Spalding dads find that hard to understand. :shrug:

"A man got's to know his limitations" as Josey Wales said. Sounds like he knows his.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Middie also is D1 commit

Friends also had a 2019 goalie who moved to Gilman his senior year go D1, Glenelg has a couple 22’s that will be D1. Curley had at least one 2020 who could was being recruited for D1 lax but chose D1 football

Don’t know what happened to Glenelg country but heard they had 12 kids transferred out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
/quote]

Friends also had a 2019 goalie who moved to Gilman his senior year go D1, Glenelg has a couple 22’s that will be D1. Curley had at least one 2020 who could was being recruited for D1 lax but chose D1 football[/quote]

Don’t know what happened to Glenelg country but heard they had 12 kids transferred out[/quote]

They are a private school, paying higher tuition, doing 100% virtual learning, big reason why they transferred out!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"A man got's to know his limitations" as Josey Wales said. Sounds like he knows his.

He'll be just fine. Thanks for the concern though.

Enjoy your [son's] high school Glory Days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're so above it all, yet here you are stalking posts and then posting complete nonsense about your snowflake turning down MIAA programs because he couldn't possibly tear away from his daily public bro-mance?

I think the reality was Junior didn't want to get his mettle tested in the fast lane and the icing for you was not having to figure out how to come up with tuition.

Great job setting the bar high for him lost!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're so above it all, yet here you are stalking posts and then posting complete nonsense about your snowflake turning down MIAA programs because he couldn't possibly tear away from his daily public bro-mance?

I think the reality was Junior didn't want to get his mettle tested in the fast lane and the icing for you was not having to figure out how to come up with tuition.

It the kid is a top student and lives in an area where the public schools are safe and don’t force liberal bologna down the kids throat, then going public (better access to higher education) is the proper choice, plus being a big fish in a small pond isn’t necessarily bad. Top students don’t need to rely on lax for some college tuition, they will get academic scholarships

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any good scrimmages this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m aware of these. I’m sure many others played.

BL vs Gilman
Spalding vs Haverford
Severn vs DeMatha
Severn vs St. John’s

Anyone watch? Scores?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It the kid is a top student and lives in an area where the public schools are safe and don’t force liberal bologna down the kids throat, then going public (better access to higher education) is the proper choice, plus being a big fish in a small pond isn’t necessarily bad. Top students don’t need to rely on lax for some college tuition, they will get academic scholarships

Never been about the money or scholarships. We have always planned and prepared to pay out of pocket (529 savings) for kids' college and grad schools. Not saying scholarship money wouldn't be nice or even better one of the Academies. smile

But, our kids have been given the choice about private schools. They have all chosen to stay public. Our schools are good enough (for the top students) that the kids are fine. I'm certainly not going to force them to go to a private school because of better lacrosse. That is a lost's bet even for sports where the kid has potential to make a living off of it. It's moronic for lacrosse where even the PLL players make $35k/year.

If our kids needed the personal attention/small class size of a private school, that would have been a different matter. I know a bunch of parents that made that decision and it worked well for their kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never above making fun of Glory Days Spalding dads. laugh

Enjoy the season. Hope you don't get your hopes crushed, again.

I must say though that I am a bit sad that the public school season doesn't start until April. With box over and no HOCO or other club stuff, I do miss watching lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BL vs Gilman
Spalding vs Haverford
Severn vs DeMatha
Severn vs St. John’s

Anyone watch? Scores?

Gilman scrimmage seemed even.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BL vs Gilman
Spalding vs Haverford
Severn vs DeMatha
Severn vs St. John’s

Anyone watch? Scores?

Gilman scrimmage seemed even.

Dematha has the scrimmage video posted on their Facebook page. 10-4 Severn was the final.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. John's 17 - Severn 8

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know people are desperate for lacrosse when we are all eagerly following scrimmage scores. smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know people are desperate for lacrosse when we are all eagerly following scrimmage scores. smile

Lax or Jai Alai, don't know which is more entertaining? Maybe a more physical sport such as soccer.

Like Reply Quote
Page 107 of 311 1 2 105 106 107 108 109 310 311
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard