Anonymous #322454 03/07/21 10:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
UNC and Cuse on a collision course . UNC showed they can beat you in mai many different ways . I think Cuse will struggle to score when they meet up .?
I think Cuse will be fires up for this game. They never got to play last year. Team seems solid without 51 but keeper needs to be on fire

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
TheBackOfTheCage #322462 03/07/21 12:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cuse has a very dynamic attack. Ward will be a big match up problem for UNC. The other three very strong as well.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322476 03/07/21 03:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cuse has a very dynamic attack. Ward will be a big match up problem for UNC. The other three very strong as well.
I assume this is you being sarcastic .

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322480 03/07/21 04:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There will be no big match up problems for UNC and Syracuse will be held below their season scoring average. UNC wins it.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322500 03/07/21 08:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There will be no big match up problems for UNC and Syracuse will be held below their season scoring average. UNC wins it.

Syracuse 2nd best in acc this year, game won’t be that close.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #322518 03/08/21 06:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UNC v SU will be all about defense and who’s can play there game for success. If SU can’t beat the one v one match up they will struggle. This is where SU excel moving ball after first
Slide. BC initially had some success, and won some of those match ups. SU also has a very good cutting game making you switch and communicate. This could also be a key component. On the other side, if SU can get pressure on ball and have the backer this will not be an easy day for UNC. SU really shifts hard to ball side so not easy to find open player. The key will be the pressure on the ball and on passers hands. If UNC can get ball to back side quickly it will be a long day for SU. However SU is as fast as UNC and can bring multiple draw takers and circle players. As we all know this game is won at the draw many times and between the pipes.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322552 03/08/21 11:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 North Carolina
2 Syracuse
3 Northwestern
4 Notre Dame
5 Penn State
6 Florida
7 Stony Brook
8 Maryland
9 Virginia
10 Boston College
11 Towson
12 Duke
13 Navy
14 Virginia Tech
15 Richmond
16 Drexel
17 Louisville
18 Loyola
19 Stanford
20 Hofstra

Hopefully some teams will continue to improve so the NCAA tournament can be competitive and entertaining. Not sure which teams can do it, Penn State, Florida, Boston College, Maryland, Virginia? Obviously North Carolina and Syracuse are at the Top right now, If Northwesters defense has improved since last year they will be in the mix. Notre Dame is getting their usual hype but they are unproven so far. Stony Brook has not looked good, Loyola has fallen, Duke is still in a tail spin (what has happened to Duke). The rest of the Top 20 does not look competitive when compared to the Top 3 or 4 teams.

This 5th year nonsense is not good for the sport. In normal years the Top Programs stockpile the best players but now a few of those top teams are simply too deep. There is not enough talent to go around to begin with and now the Top Programs can keep their best players around for an extra year and also bring in seasoned high quality 5th year transfers.

IMHO, Stony Brook does not look like a Top 10 team, Duke and Towson are questionable inn the Top 15, Loyola has done nothing to prove that they belong in the Top 20. I guess the pollsters just go with the usual suspects.

On a positive note, after the Top 4 I think we will see some very competitive games. Towson vs Stony Brook was competitive, Ohio State, Hopkins, Rutgers and Michigan will compete with each other as will PSU and Maryland (I don't think anyone in the Big 10 beats Northwestern). Louisville, Virginia, Duke, Virginia Tech should all compete with each other just don't think they are as strong as BC or ND and UNC and Syracuse are in their own league.

Notre Dame, Penn State, Florida and BC will fight it out for the 4th spot in the Final Four.... Maybe Maryland as well.

With teams having to go back to normal scholarship numbers next year maybe we will see less of the 5th players.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322566 03/08/21 12:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 North Carolina
2 Syracuse
3 Northwestern
4 Notre Dame
5 Penn State
6 Florida
7 Stony Brook
8 Maryland
9 Virginia
10 Boston College
11 Towson
12 Duke
13 Navy
14 Virginia Tech
15 Richmond
16 Drexel
17 Louisville
18 Loyola
19 Stanford
20 Hofstra

Hopefully some teams will continue to improve so the NCAA tournament can be competitive and entertaining. Not sure which teams can do it, Penn State, Florida, Boston College, Maryland, Virginia? Obviously North Carolina and Syracuse are at the Top right now, If Northwesters defense has improved since last year they will be in the mix. Notre Dame is getting their usual hype but they are unproven so far. Stony Brook has not looked good, Loyola has fallen, Duke is still in a tail spin (what has happened to Duke). The rest of the Top 20 does not look competitive when compared to the Top 3 or 4 teams.

This 5th year nonsense is not good for the sport. In normal years the Top Programs stockpile the best players but now a few of those top teams are simply too deep. There is not enough talent to go around to begin with and now the Top Programs can keep their best players around for an extra year and also bring in seasoned high quality 5th year transfers.

IMHO, Stony Brook does not look like a Top 10 team, Duke and Towson are questionable inn the Top 15, Loyola has done nothing to prove that they belong in the Top 20. I guess the pollsters just go with the usual suspects.

On a positive note, after the Top 4 I think we will see some very competitive games. Towson vs Stony Brook was competitive, Ohio State, Hopkins, Rutgers and Michigan will compete with each other as will PSU and Maryland (I don't think anyone in the Big 10 beats Northwestern). Louisville, Virginia, Duke, Virginia Tech should all compete with each other just don't think they are as strong as BC or ND and UNC and Syracuse are in their own league.

Notre Dame, Penn State, Florida and BC will fight it out for the 4th spot in the Final Four.... Maybe Maryland as well.

With teams having to go back to normal scholarship numbers next year maybe we will see less of the 5th players.

I don't mind the 5th year players ,most other sports have even more and essentially you are adding in more skilled players to a sport that needs them. Most schools still stayed at their 12 scholly limit so next year will be the same.

I think you are giving BC too much credit at this point and would say SBU has been better against their common opponents and would put ND PSU easily ahead of them with Fl MD slightly ahead.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322595 03/08/21 04:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 North Carolina
2 Syracuse
3 Northwestern
4 Notre Dame
5 Penn State
6 Florida
7 Stony Brook
8 Maryland
9 Virginia
10 Boston College
11 Towson
12 Duke
13 Navy
14 Virginia Tech
15 Richmond
16 Drexel
17 Louisville
18 Loyola
19 Stanford
20 Hofstra

I don't mind the 5th year players ,most other sports have even more and essentially you are adding in more skilled players to a sport that needs them. Most schools still stayed at their 12 scholly limit so next year will be the same.

I think you are giving BC too much credit at this point and would say SBU has been better against their common opponents and would put ND PSU easily ahead of them with Fl MD slightly ahead.

The NCAA allowed teams to go above the 12 scholarship limit for this year. Any scholarship that a returning 5th year player had did not count against the "12 scholarship cap". I believe it was up to each school to decide if they would go above the 12 cap, I do not know the percentage of schools that chose to fund the additional scholarships (my kids school chose to do it). I would guess the top programs all did it.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322600 03/08/21 05:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 North Carolina
2 Syracuse
3 Northwestern
4 Notre Dame
5 Penn State
6 Florida
7 Stony Brook
8 Maryland
9 Virginia
10 Boston College
11 Towson
12 Duke
13 Navy
14 Virginia Tech
15 Richmond
16 Drexel
17 Louisville
18 Loyola
19 Stanford
20 Hofstra

Unfortunately Stony Brook does not have a very difficult schedule the rest of the way. I realize that it's not their fault but it is what it is. Hofstra might surprise this year, we will see. Not being in competitive game will hurt Stony Brook come Tournament time. My guess is an early exit from the tournament for SBU.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #322607 03/08/21 06:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Unfortunately Stony Brook does not have a very difficult schedule the rest of the way. I realize that it's not their fault but it is what it is. Hofstra might surprise this year, we will see. Not being in competitive game will hurt Stony Brook come Tournament time. My guess is an early exit from the tournament for SBU."

I could see a first round match up against BC as they are fairly regional with BC hitting the exits early. Hofstra will never be successful , they essentially only allow 1 player to shoot the ball ,fairly easy for any team to game plan against.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322608 03/08/21 06:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UNC and Cuse on a collision course . UNC showed they can beat you in mai many different ways . I think Cuse will struggle to score when they meet up .?
I think Cuse will be fires up for this game. They never got to play last year. Team seems solid without 51 but keeper needs to be on fire

Should be great game. Both teams are loaded.... Just looking at the 12 Starters for each squad and they are very talented. UNC 10 of the 12 Starters were Under Armour All-Americans, It looks like 5 or 6 have earned All-American honors in college, they are loaded with upper classmen including 5th year players (1 grad student transfer who starts). Syracuse is loaded as well... It looks like 7 of the 12 starters were Under Armour All-Americans, and 4 or 5 have earned All-American as a college player. Syracuse is also a veteran team I do not believe any freshmen start for either team. (1 grad student transfer who starts). Both teams are deep and the other players who may not "start" but who play every game are all excellent. I think the edge goes to UNC in this one but there is a good chance they could play 3 games vs each other this year.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322620 03/08/21 09:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have any insight as to why Duke has fallen off? Honest question, the program began in 1996, they made their first NCAA Tournament in 1998, They made it to the Final Four in 1999, they won their first ACC regular season championship in 2004, their first ACC Tournament in 2005, they went to the Final Four again in 2006, 2007 and 2008, from 2006 - 2015 they finished the season ranked in the Top 10 every year and made a couple more Final Fours, they ended the season Ranked 11th in 2016. Duke was not Top 20 in 2017, 2018 or 2019 (2020 doesn't count) and they do not look to be very good this year. I do not think there is another program that has fallen off like Duke. Just curious as to why they have dropped off.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322626 03/08/21 10:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Unfortunately Stony Brook does not have a very difficult schedule the rest of the way. I realize that it's not their fault but it is what it is. Hofstra might surprise this year, we will see. Not being in competitive game will hurt Stony Brook come Tournament time. My guess is an early exit from the tournament for SBU."

I could see a first round match up against BC as they are fairly regional with BC hitting the exits early. Hofstra will never be successful , they essentially only allow 1 player to shoot the ball ,fairly easy for any team to game plan against.

Very unlikely BC and SBU would meet in the first round, Hofstra is a solid second tier team as is Stony Brook (this year). Hofstra vs Stony Brook should be a competitive game this year.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322635 03/08/21 10:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very unlikely BC and SBU would meet in the first round, Hofstra is a solid second tier team as is Stony Brook (this year). Hofstra vs Stony Brook should be a competitive game this year.

Hofstra needed a lot of luck to beat St Joseph’s by 1. As much as I’m not a SB fan they are in the second tier after unc cuse NW Hofstra is a team on the outskirts of the top 20 definitely improving tho
Previous post is spot on could see Sb with BC and possibly the NEC winner that the winner of that pool would play cuse in quarter final

Like Reply Quote
Page 34 of 60 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 59 60
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard