BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 26 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 25 26
Re: Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
91 is “investing” on the girls side. The girls for last 2 years have same exact winter academy as the boys. They have a few competitive grades and if they keep at it will only get better. Not everyone wants to play for YJ

Thanks Brian!

And why did you do that , because of your daughter and her fiends? Daddy coaches are one thing, but a Daddy owner?

Run away, they don’t have a single team that could compete with a YJ B team.

Nailed it! While you're at it Dad, stop sending the girls to the MyLaxMafia tournaments. If you want to be an "A" team, you can't play lousy 91 "B" tournaments where 91 double dips all the time.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have spoken to a lot of other parents who plan to send their kids to 91 tryouts. Any parents on here who have kids on this team that can tell me our likelihood of making the team?

Not sure how you expect anybody to answer this about your anonymous daughter - unless you're looking for feedback on how loyal they are to returning girls or if they know of any girls who aren't returning and will therefore leave open spots.

Very fair. I guess I don’t know what exactly I’m asking but I’ll try and rephrase. I think I’m more so asking how picky the coach is with who they bring in? Like is he/she willing to see new players or are they completely closed off from giving other kids a chance? Do they have more than one team for the age group? Do the girls plan to all return?

You’re going to have some competition as I’ve spoken to parents from Jesters, YJ, and Top Guns who also plan to have their kids tryout.

I hope some YJ leave. Our roster of 28 is a bit much

agreed. its like looking at a football team sideline

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is “investing” on the girls side. The girls for last 2 years have same exact winter academy as the boys. They have a few competitive grades and if they keep at it will only get better. Not everyone wants to play for YJ

Thanks Brian!

And why did you do that , because of your daughter and her fiends? Daddy coaches are one thing, but a Daddy owner?

Run away, they don’t have a single team that could compete with a YJ B team.

Nailed it! While you're at it Dad, stop sending the girls to the MyLaxMafia tournaments. If you want to be an "A" team, you can't play lousy 91 "B" tournaments where 91 double dips all the time.

Most of these clubs are going to the same tournaments as other Long Island teams. Not sure how any club is really sending kids to “B” tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Kildare the B team? They got crushed last week against Garden City

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have spoken to a lot of other parents who plan to send their kids to 91 tryouts. Any parents on here who have kids on this team that can tell me our likelihood of making the team?

Not sure how you expect anybody to answer this about your anonymous daughter - unless you're looking for feedback on how loyal they are to returning girls or if they know of any girls who aren't returning and will therefore leave open spots.

Very fair. I guess I don’t know what exactly I’m asking but I’ll try and rephrase. I think I’m more so asking how picky the coach is with who they bring in? Like is he/she willing to see new players or are they completely closed off from giving other kids a chance? Do they have more than one team for the age group? Do the girls plan to all return?

You’re going to have some competition as I’ve spoken to parents from Jesters, YJ, and Top Guns who also plan to have their kids tryout.

agreed. its like looking at a football team sideline

But it's not all about the money right?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

c team

but they would still beat 91 by a touchdown, maybe more

no disrespect to tilts but sometimes its more about the jimmys and & joes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

c team

oh baby the whole B/C drama. Stir dat pot!!! Lez go!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re going to have some competition as I’ve spoken to parents from Jesters, YJ, and Top Guns who also plan to have their kids tryout.[/quote]

I hope some YJ leave. Our roster of 28 is a bit much[/quote]

agreed. its like looking at a football team sideline[/quote]

But it's not all about the money right?[/quote]

Exactly. You're crazy if you think any who might leave won't be replaced to bring the numbers right back up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. You're crazy if you think any who might leave won't be replaced to bring the numbers right back up.[/quote]

Exactly. You're crazy if you think any who might leave won't be replaced to bring the numbers right back up.[/quote]

Word up yo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Word up yo[/quote]

They’ll refill right away to keep their paychecks high.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are everyones thoughts on if you should play for the big name club or the coach that is a better fit for your kid?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to
What are everyones thoughts on if you should play for the big name club or the coach that is a better fit for your kid?

This is a good question: here's my 2 cents; it depends on what you want. If you plan to end at high school/varsity then go where you will play and get good coaching. The latter is so important. That being said, if you play for a bad team sometimes you will develop bad habits that don't really translate well to lacrosse. For example: ball hogging hero lacrosse. Doesn't really work as the competition gets better, but if you are the best girl on the team and the team is bad, you will be asked to do it all and play all game long. Sure you play, but bad habits develop.

Want to play college? Well, big name program helps. BUT I think it still about what you can do for yourself in showcases and camps as opposed to playing on A team or B team or C team or whatever. In the end, make sure your girl is happy. Sometimes being just part of a winning team is what will bring back the memories of having a good time when they are older. Put her on a weaker team where she plays more might be good for playing time, but if you lose all the time it's hard to break bad habits that develop both in terms of winning mentality and the habits as I mentioned above. Good luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

c team

My kids team played 91 this weekend and got crushed- no name needed as I don’t want to hurt my daughters team. I was excited to see her coach due to the threads and seeing her training everywhere recently. I was not disappointed and can confirm everything said on this thread about her. There was not a minute she wasn’t coaching. She was hard on the kids but for every fix this comment was a why behind it. It was also clear she was trying to handle herself with grace as her kids racked up points. You could see her calling more plays, asking her kids to practice different types of shots, and more. She also took the time to clap for my daughters team and even call out numbers from our roster to congratulate them on good plays. I understand that some teams may be better than hers, but after seeing what so many have said first hand I get why everyone seems to be flocking towards her even if she coaches for a program that isn’t one of notorious stature. Not sure that this post makes any difference in the grand scheme of it all but I felt like the team deserves to be recognized when it’s due

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to

This is a good question: here's my 2 cents; it depends on what you want. If you plan to end at high school/varsity then go where you will play and get good coaching. The latter is so important. That being said, if you play for a bad team sometimes you will develop bad habits that don't really translate well to lacrosse. For example: ball hogging hero lacrosse. Doesn't really work as the competition gets better, but if you are the best girl on the team and the team is bad, you will be asked to do it all and play all game long. Sure you play, but bad habits develop.

Want to play college? Well, big name program helps. BUT I think it still about what you can do for yourself in showcases and camps as opposed to playing on A team or B team or C team or whatever. In the end, make sure your girl is happy. Sometimes being just part of a winning team is what will bring back the memories of having a good time when they are older. Put her on a weaker team where she plays more might be good for playing time, but if you lose all the time it's hard to break bad habits that develop both in terms of winning mentality and the habits as I mentioned above. Good luck

Big program gives a good name but less individual attention and care. If you find a coach who will fight for there players it is just as helpful as a big club and can be balanced out. Play where your kid is happiest at the end of it all this isn’t just about college it’s about there love for the game. If they ply somewhere they feel like another spot on a roster they could easily fall away from the sport

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

c team

My kids team played 91 this weekend and got crushed- no name needed as I don’t want to hurt my daughters team. I was excited to see her coach due to the threads and seeing her training everywhere recently. I was not disappointed and can confirm everything said on this thread about her. There was not a minute she wasn’t coaching. She was hard on the kids but for every fix this comment was a why behind it. It was also clear she was trying to handle herself with grace as her kids racked up points. You could see her calling more plays, asking her kids to practice different types of shots, and more. She also took the time to clap for my daughters team and even call out numbers from our roster to congratulate them on good plays. I understand that some teams may be better than hers, but after seeing what so many have said first hand I get why everyone seems to be flocking towards her even if she coaches for a program that isn’t one of notorious stature. Not sure that this post makes any difference in the grand scheme of it all but I felt like the team deserves to be recognized when it’s due

We played them as well and did not get destroyed, but had played them this fall when the coaching change had just been made. Compared to this fall the team looked much better. My daughter is staying put with her team because she’s been there forever and it’s comfortable for her, but I can understand why others would want to join that team after the growth they’ve had in such a short time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to

Big program gives a good name but less individual attention and care. If you find a coach who will fight for there players it is just as helpful as a big club and can be balanced out. Play where your kid is happiest at the end of it all this isn’t just about college it’s about there love for the game. If they ply somewhere they feel like another spot on a roster they could easily fall away from the sport

Find a program that doesn't have a daddy coach and looks to develop the players not just use them as tools to pad his D's stats.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to

Find a program that doesn't have a daddy coach and looks to develop the players not just use them as tools to pad his D's stats.

Pick either a mommy/daddy coach or some hungover college kid in flip-flops holding a coffee.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Old post but YJ O’Sullivan doesn’t get any better until better kids are added. You can be the best coach in the world but if the kids don’t care or don’t want to get better there’s only so much you can do. They have the same competition as the other 24’s. The goal is to get kids better who want to get better. If those girls who are decent on that team want to be seen in the long run, they have access to the same camps, clinics as everyone else. You don’t need to be on the best club team to be seen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no idea what goes on behind the scenes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to

Pick either a mommy/daddy coach or some hungover college kid in flip-flops holding a coffee.

Flip flops and coffee mean you’re a bad coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Old post but YJ O’Sullivan doesn’t get any better until better kids are added. You can be the best coach in the world but if the kids don’t care or don’t want to get better there’s only so much you can do. They have the same competition as the other 24’s. The goal is to get kids better who want to get better. If those girls who are decent on that team want to be seen in the long run, they have access to the same camps, clinics as everyone else. You don’t need to be on the best club team to be seen.

So what you’re saying is is that they should have 26-28 kids like the A-C team does and never get to play? Why not just bail on the dad coach and move off of the team? Seems there are plenty of other teams who are improving without adding on ten more kids to an already large roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reply with reviews on your current team your kid is on:
Name of team
Roster size
Review of coaches and club
What have they done for you this fall in terms of tournaments, communication, practices, etc?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what you’re saying is is that they should have 26-28 kids like the A-C team does and never get to play? Why not just bail on the dad coach and move off of the team? Seems there are plenty of other teams who are improving without adding on ten more kids to an already large roster.

^^ agreed. Didn’t you get the hint when your A team is the only team getting picked for special events and showcases

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^^ agreed. Didn’t you get the hint when your A team is the only team getting picked for special events and showcases

You mean when only YJ Weiner kids were picked?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Something odd is going on in this thread. The thread has turned into a Team 91/Coach Tilts infomercial. Then out of no where the attacks on the YJ O’Sullivan team and the Daddy coach. Seems kinda odd. Is this coach and team getting all this play cause they are in need of players. Little known fact in the fall the Coach Tilts 91 team played the YJ O’Sullivan team twice full field with refs and got crushed both times yes both times by the 4th YJ team with a Daddy coach. To make matters worse Coach Tilts even brought in a YJ player who she trains from one of the better teams to play for her on both occasions. So before you all go crazy attacking other teams and praising Coaches know what your paying for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What I meant by “adding” is to replace players who leave the team with better players who can make the team better. Tell me how you make a team better besides coaching? The top teams are always so good because they attract the top talent. Coaches don’t have to work that hard because the kids at that level of play are doing a lot of work on their own to get better.

Definitely not saying that the team should be filled with 28-30 kids. There’s nothing wrong with being a dad coach, or a coach who is still in college. YJ O’sullivan team holds their own against competition within their bracket. As it was previously posted in this group, O’sullivan’s team beat the 91 tilts team that everyone in this group is so crazy about.

I’m not really sure why we’re tearing down this 14 year old team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Something odd is going on in this thread. The thread has turned into a Team 91/Coach Tilts infomercial. Then out of no where the attacks on the YJ O’Sullivan team and the Daddy coach. Seems kinda odd. Is this coach and team getting all this play cause they are in need of players. Little known fact in the fall the Coach Tilts 91 team played the YJ O’Sullivan team twice full field with refs and got crushed both times yes both times by the 4th YJ team with a Daddy coach. To make matters worse Coach Tilts even brought in a YJ player who she trains from one of the better teams to play for her on both occasions. So before you all go crazy attacking other teams and praising Coaches know what your paying for.

^^^^^^ YUP. And it’s funny because Tilts is doing her own advertising on this page anonymously. I’ll wait for all the parents who are hyping up her trainings and coaching to actually sit on the sideline and watch her coach her 91 team. Great person and she’s enthusiastic and loves kids but she pretty much only coaches the goalie. The rest of the kids have no idea where they are supposed to be otherwise. She might be a great trainer I have no idea but strictly on the field game-like, is a big weakness of hers. Do some research before you waste your money playing on that team.

I’ll let you guys see for yourself though smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^^^^^^ YUP. And it’s funny because Tilts is doing her own advertising on this page anonymously. I’ll wait for all the parents who are hyping up her trainings and coaching to actually sit on the sideline and watch her coach her 91 team. Great person and she’s enthusiastic and loves kids but she pretty much only coaches the goalie. The rest of the kids have no idea where they are supposed to be otherwise. She might be a great trainer I have no idea but strictly on the field game-like, is a big weakness of hers. Do some research before you waste your money playing on that team.

Hi I’m one of the posters who complimented her and her kids a few days ago. I don’t have my daughters playing for her nor have I ever spoken to her, I was simply replying to what was already said based on what I had seen during play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What I meant by “adding” is to replace players who leave the team with better players who can make the team better. Tell me how you make a team better besides coaching? The top teams are always so good because they attract the top talent. Coaches don’t have to work that hard because the kids at that level of play are doing a lot of work on their own to get better.

Definitely not saying that the team should be filled with 28-30 kids. There’s nothing wrong with being a dad coach, or a coach who is still in college. YJ O’sullivan team holds their own against competition within their bracket. As it was previously posted in this group, O’sullivan’s team beat the 91 tilts team that everyone in this group is so crazy about.

I’m not really sure why we’re tearing down this 14 year old team.

Long Island has a talented 2024 class. I wouldn’t take offense to anything being said about any team or person on here. If you look back this website has been a pool of insults for many years. Very little positive is said, and when it is someone always comes in and tries to ruin it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many players are on this team? Are you suggesting that in order to get better they need to replace kids? Coaches can easily work with the talent they have on that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If I didn’t think it could hurt my daughters name, I’d come off anonymous and share out who I was but I’d rather not risk the drama revolving around my daughter. My daughter is not a goalie but trains with Tilts. I feel the need to defend her as I have written posts on here about her.

My daughter has learned so much from this coach and it’s upsetting to see people attack her for coaching her goalies, being enthusiastic, and loving the sport. I’m sure if you were able to get game film or watch one of her training sessions you’d quickly realize that the claims in the post I’m replying to are completely inaccurate. When she trains my daughter she is nothing but supportive of her and her team and has never once mentioned anything negative about other programs or teams. If anything, she’s offered to fill the gaps for us in things we felt were missing from our current program. My daughter has found a true mentor in Coach Sam and its a shame that this community feels the need to bring down others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If I didn’t think it could hurt my daughters name, I’d come off anonymous and share out who I was but I’d rather not risk the drama revolving around my daughter. My daughter is not a goalie but trains with Tilts. I feel the need to defend her as I have written posts on here about her.

My daughter has learned so much from this coach and it’s upsetting to see people attack her for coaching her goalies, being enthusiastic, and loving the sport. I’m sure if you were able to get game film or watch one of her training sessions you’d quickly realize that the claims in the post I’m replying to are completely inaccurate. When she trains my daughter she is nothing but supportive of her and her team and has never once mentioned anything negative about other programs or teams. If anything, she’s offered to fill the gaps for us in things we felt were missing from our current program. My daughter has found a true mentor in Coach Sam and its a shame that this community feels the need to bring down others.

My daughter is a YJ 2023 who trains with her but I’ve been following this forum as it pops up as active and I’m nosey. With all due respect, she doesn’t need to promote herself. She has plenty of players and kids she trains who clearly will do it for her because she deserves it. She’s a great girl and unlike a lot of the coaches and owners on Long Island is actually good hearted and cares about the kids. While there are plenty of people to attack for their choices in the lacrosse world she isn’t one of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to

When did being a college player coach or a parent coach become a bad thing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whoever this anonymous YJ parent is... please don’t suggest to bring a bunch of new kids onto our team. Let them play with the numbers they have.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
pick the right coach period-daddy or not

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter is a YJ 2023 who trains with her but I’ve been following this forum as it pops up as active and I’m nosey. With all due respect, she doesn’t need to promote herself. She has plenty of players and kids she trains who clearly will do it for her because she deserves it. She’s a great girl and unlike a lot of the coaches and owners on Long Island is actually good hearted and cares about the kids. While there are plenty of people to attack for their choices in the lacrosse world she isn’t one of them.

Agreed. Those who know her, play for her, or work with her know what’s up. If you don’t believe what many have said about her on here you should talk to parents on her team or parents of kids who she trains if you know any. I’m 100% positive none of us would have a single bad thing to say either on a forum or face to face.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly I don’t know when everyone became so crazy over this stuff

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. Those who know her, play for her, or work with her know what’s up. If you don’t believe what many have said about her on here you should talk to parents on her team or parents of kids who she trains if you know any. I’m 100% positive none of us would have a single bad thing to say either on a forum or face to face.
No one is bad mouthing her. But this thread has turned in a Coach Tilts forum of training and accolades and recruitment for her team. Then the bashing of 14 year old girls and a YJ team which Coach Tilts got beat by twice by a touchdown both times. So before anyone wants to gush over her or her team and bash other teams they should know her team can’t beat the 4th YJ team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It crazy with this stuff because there are many parents who think their daughter is a much better athlete/player than she is. They make excuses and they blame coaches, club directors, politics etc.... they think their daughter is a high level player and any time she is not recognized as such they blame it on something other than reality.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It crazy with this stuff because there are many parents who think their daughter is a much better athlete/player than she is. They make excuses and they blame coaches, club directors, politics etc.... they think their daughter is a high level player and any time she is not recognized as such they blame it on something other than reality.

So accurate! Everyone wants to blame everyone but their own kid these days

Page 10 of 26 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard