Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have spoken to a lot of other parents who plan to send their kids to 91 tryouts. Any parents on here who have kids on this team that can tell me our likelihood of making the team?

Not sure how you expect anybody to answer this about your anonymous daughter - unless you're looking for feedback on how loyal they are to returning girls or if they know of any girls who aren't returning and will therefore leave open spots.

Very fair. I guess I don’t know what exactly I’m asking but I’ll try and rephrase. I think I’m more so asking how picky the coach is with who they bring in? Like is he/she willing to see new players or are they completely closed off from giving other kids a chance? Do they have more than one team for the age group? Do the girls plan to all return?

You’re going to have some competition as I’ve spoken to parents from Jesters, YJ, and Top Guns who also plan to have their kids tryout.

I hope some YJ leave. Our roster of 28 is a bit much

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #322313 03/04/21 09:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is “investing” on the girls side. The girls for last 2 years have same exact winter academy as the boys. They have a few competitive grades and if they keep at it will only get better. Not everyone wants to play for YJ

Thanks Brian!

And why did you do that , because of your daughter and her fiends? Daddy coaches are one thing, but a Daddy owner?

Run away, they don’t have a single team that could compete with a YJ B team.

Nailed it! While you're at it Dad, stop sending the girls to the MyLaxMafia tournaments. If you want to be an "A" team, you can't play lousy 91 "B" tournaments where 91 double dips all the time.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322330 03/05/21 06:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have spoken to a lot of other parents who plan to send their kids to 91 tryouts. Any parents on here who have kids on this team that can tell me our likelihood of making the team?

Not sure how you expect anybody to answer this about your anonymous daughter - unless you're looking for feedback on how loyal they are to returning girls or if they know of any girls who aren't returning and will therefore leave open spots.

Very fair. I guess I don’t know what exactly I’m asking but I’ll try and rephrase. I think I’m more so asking how picky the coach is with who they bring in? Like is he/she willing to see new players or are they completely closed off from giving other kids a chance? Do they have more than one team for the age group? Do the girls plan to all return?

You’re going to have some competition as I’ve spoken to parents from Jesters, YJ, and Top Guns who also plan to have their kids tryout.

agreed. its like looking at a football team sideline

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322332 03/05/21 07:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is “investing” on the girls side. The girls for last 2 years have same exact winter academy as the boys. They have a few competitive grades and if they keep at it will only get better. Not everyone wants to play for YJ

Thanks Brian!

And why did you do that , because of your daughter and her fiends? Daddy coaches are one thing, but a Daddy owner?

Run away, they don’t have a single team that could compete with a YJ B team.

Nailed it! While you're at it Dad, stop sending the girls to the MyLaxMafia tournaments. If you want to be an "A" team, you can't play lousy 91 "B" tournaments where 91 double dips all the time.

Most of these clubs are going to the same tournaments as other Long Island teams. Not sure how any club is really sending kids to “B” tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #322334 03/05/21 08:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Kildare the B team? They got crushed last week against Garden City

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #322344 03/05/21 10:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

agreed. its like looking at a football team sideline

But it's not all about the money right?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322349 03/05/21 11:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

c team

but they would still beat 91 by a touchdown, maybe more

no disrespect to tilts but sometimes its more about the jimmys and & joes

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322363 03/05/21 03:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

c team

oh baby the whole B/C drama. Stir dat pot!!! Lez go!!

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #322366 03/05/21 03:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re going to have some competition as I’ve spoken to parents from Jesters, YJ, and Top Guns who also plan to have their kids tryout.[/quote]

I hope some YJ leave. Our roster of 28 is a bit much[/quote]

agreed. its like looking at a football team sideline[/quote]

But it's not all about the money right?[/quote]

Exactly. You're crazy if you think any who might leave won't be replaced to bring the numbers right back up.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322384 03/05/21 10:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. You're crazy if you think any who might leave won't be replaced to bring the numbers right back up.[/quote]

Exactly. You're crazy if you think any who might leave won't be replaced to bring the numbers right back up.[/quote]

Word up yo

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #322393 03/06/21 08:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Word up yo[/quote]

They’ll refill right away to keep their paychecks high.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #322523 03/08/21 08:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are everyones thoughts on if you should play for the big name club or the coach that is a better fit for your kid?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322542 03/08/21 11:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to
What are everyones thoughts on if you should play for the big name club or the coach that is a better fit for your kid?

This is a good question: here's my 2 cents; it depends on what you want. If you plan to end at high school/varsity then go where you will play and get good coaching. The latter is so important. That being said, if you play for a bad team sometimes you will develop bad habits that don't really translate well to lacrosse. For example: ball hogging hero lacrosse. Doesn't really work as the competition gets better, but if you are the best girl on the team and the team is bad, you will be asked to do it all and play all game long. Sure you play, but bad habits develop.

Want to play college? Well, big name program helps. BUT I think it still about what you can do for yourself in showcases and camps as opposed to playing on A team or B team or C team or whatever. In the end, make sure your girl is happy. Sometimes being just part of a winning team is what will bring back the memories of having a good time when they are older. Put her on a weaker team where she plays more might be good for playing time, but if you lose all the time it's hard to break bad habits that develop both in terms of winning mentality and the habits as I mentioned above. Good luck

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322619 03/08/21 09:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

c team

My kids team played 91 this weekend and got crushed- no name needed as I don’t want to hurt my daughters team. I was excited to see her coach due to the threads and seeing her training everywhere recently. I was not disappointed and can confirm everything said on this thread about her. There was not a minute she wasn’t coaching. She was hard on the kids but for every fix this comment was a why behind it. It was also clear she was trying to handle herself with grace as her kids racked up points. You could see her calling more plays, asking her kids to practice different types of shots, and more. She also took the time to clap for my daughters team and even call out numbers from our roster to congratulate them on good plays. I understand that some teams may be better than hers, but after seeing what so many have said first hand I get why everyone seems to be flocking towards her even if she coaches for a program that isn’t one of notorious stature. Not sure that this post makes any difference in the grand scheme of it all but I felt like the team deserves to be recognized when it’s due

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322640 03/09/21 07:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to

This is a good question: here's my 2 cents; it depends on what you want. If you plan to end at high school/varsity then go where you will play and get good coaching. The latter is so important. That being said, if you play for a bad team sometimes you will develop bad habits that don't really translate well to lacrosse. For example: ball hogging hero lacrosse. Doesn't really work as the competition gets better, but if you are the best girl on the team and the team is bad, you will be asked to do it all and play all game long. Sure you play, but bad habits develop.

Want to play college? Well, big name program helps. BUT I think it still about what you can do for yourself in showcases and camps as opposed to playing on A team or B team or C team or whatever. In the end, make sure your girl is happy. Sometimes being just part of a winning team is what will bring back the memories of having a good time when they are older. Put her on a weaker team where she plays more might be good for playing time, but if you lose all the time it's hard to break bad habits that develop both in terms of winning mentality and the habits as I mentioned above. Good luck

Big program gives a good name but less individual attention and care. If you find a coach who will fight for there players it is just as helpful as a big club and can be balanced out. Play where your kid is happiest at the end of it all this isn’t just about college it’s about there love for the game. If they ply somewhere they feel like another spot on a roster they could easily fall away from the sport

Like Reply Quote
Page 25 of 37 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 36 37
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard