Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
B_O_T_C #320171 02/08/21 11:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any good clinics for over the break? For a 2024 pole?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #320449 02/11/21 12:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Any good clinics for over the break? For a 2024 pole?

you should follow Ric Beardsley on Instagram. Hi is having at least two next week abd im sure they are both sold out.

He often comes back to the area and conducts long pole clinics

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #320455 02/11/21 12:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have info on last night's Zoom meeting regarding the HV Youth League?

The league is finally considering in making changes and becoming a more structured league with standings and playoffs.

The league has been organized and led by John Hemsley, he does a great job too. But, with the new competitive youth league forming out of SUNY Purchase ($3k per team) and the 800 lb gorilla next door (CONNY), it seems that John is now pressured to make changes.

The elite and affluent programs will excel and the rest will be playing catch-up.

Good Luck John H

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #322033 03/01/21 03:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have info on last night's Zoom meeting regarding the HV Youth League?

The league is finally considering in making changes and becoming a more structured league with standings and playoffs.

The league has been organized and led by John Hemsley, he does a great job too. But, with the new competitive youth league forming out of SUNY Purchase ($3k per team) and the 800 lb gorilla next door (CONNY), it seems that John is now pressured to make changes.

The elite and affluent programs will excel and the rest will be playing catch-up.

Good Luck John H

Hwy doesn't the HV League join CONNY? It is a really easy, mellow league to be apart of.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322247 03/04/21 09:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone thought about spring rankings for Westchester schools, private and public? Always fun to see drama with rankings. Curious to see how young talent will effect schools two years after we got a good luck at the teams.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #323481 03/16/21 12:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you rank when no one has even had a practice yet? most "normal" years you can look at returning players for some estimates... This year's seniors last played HS school lax as Sophomores. Most current sophomores have never played in a HS game and a good portion of them haven't held a stick in almost a year even at the club level, some in almost 2. Winter league lax was devoid of most football and basketball players...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #323500 03/16/21 01:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you rank when no one has even had a practice yet? most "normal" years you can look at returning players for some estimates... This year's seniors last played HS school lax as Sophomores. Most current sophomores have never played in a HS game and a good portion of them haven't held a stick in almost a year even at the club level, some in almost 2. Winter league lax was devoid of most football and basketball players...

I do disagree with your statement that players haven't held a stick in almost a year (or 2). Club lacrosse did not shutdown in 2020.

While I do acknowledge that not all lax players play club ball, but, at least 25% of all section 1 lax players play club ball. Some communities it would be as high as 50% of the team that plays club lax.
I've seen Pelham, Larchmont and Briarcliff playing in a thriving winter HS league in Chelsea piers (CT). Briarcliff looks stacked too!

Also, I'm sure that the traditional programs like JJ, Lakeland, Somers, Mahopac and Yorktown are conducting winter practices.

I'm guessing that your son does play, but you guys are not from a lax town.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #323504 03/16/21 01:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do disagree with your statement that players haven't held a stick in almost a year (or 2). Club lacrosse did not shutdown in 2020.

While I do acknowledge that not all lax players play club ball, but, at least 25% of all section 1 lax players play club ball. Some communities it would be as high as 50% of the team that plays club lax.
I've seen Pelham, Larchmont and Briarcliff playing in a thriving winter HS league in Chelsea piers (CT). Briarcliff looks stacked too!

Also, I'm sure that the traditional programs like JJ, Lakeland, Somers, Mahopac and Yorktown are conducting winter practices.

"I do disagree with your statement that players haven't held a stick in almost a year (or 2). Club lacrosse did not shutdown in 2020."
"at least 25% of all section 1 lax players play club ball. Some communities it would be as high as 50% of the team that plays club lax."

Re-Read.... especially the part that says "***a good portion***" 50%-75% by your own estimate is "a good portion"

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #323518 03/16/21 02:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"I do disagree with your statement that players haven't held a stick in almost a year (or 2). Club lacrosse did not shutdown in 2020."
"at least 25% of all section 1 lax players play club ball. Some communities it would be as high as 50% of the team that plays club lax."

Re-Read.... especially the part that says "***a good portion***" 50%-75% by your own estimate is "a good portion"

Fair point and I should have analyzed every word.

But seriously, you are not from a lax town. Because your point was how to rank the programs when teams (like your son's) haven't done much.

Well, the tradition rich programs haven't missed a beat and they will remain top dogs and then the majority of programs will be below them.

Doesn't really matter this year anyway, especially since their is no state playoffs. I'm guessing that each team will get 8-10 games and the power teams will all play each other.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #323540 03/16/21 04:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fair point and I should have analyzed every word.

But seriously, you are not from a lax town. Because your point was how to rank the programs when teams (like your son's) haven't done much.

Well, the tradition rich programs haven't missed a beat and they will remain top dogs and then the majority of programs will be below them.

Doesn't really matter this year anyway, especially since their is no state playoffs. I'm guessing that each team will get 8-10 games and the power teams will all play each other.

My son and his HS team did play at Chelsea Pier CT for the winter league, although his HS wasn't one you mentioned above. The talent that you saw at CPCT does not reflect the true team compositions as many high level Football and Basketball players did not compete in the CP winter league so how can you get a good idea of ranking?
also.. parents were barred from the fieldhouse level at CP so most have no idea how "thriving & stacked" teams looked.
- Agreed that the top 25-50% of kids are fully involved with travel and winter teams... but, especially with travel, the HS teams are disperse across multiple A level programs... my son and his HS classmates (same grade) play for any one of the several Express North, Prime Time, Preds, etc teams... so it's tough to get a good read on say Bronxville HS when their top 10 player are separately on 6 different travel teams.. you'd be shocked at how good our town program is... guaranteed that if we played your town, we won almost every time.... of course we might play for the same "town"

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
B_O_T_C #324796 03/25/21 04:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HS schedules are available on BOCES website, but not all games are posted yet.

Y is in a league with Arlington, Pac, Carmel and Wappingers. They Also play JJ and the red head step child. I expect Y to go undefeated.

B'cliff has 4 games posted and the last game is against B'ville; that should be a good game to watch.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326213 04/08/21 09:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yorktown will not go undefeated this year before playoffs. Already have scheduled games against JJ, Rye, and Bronxville. Good team but will not beat all 3 of those teams.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326214 04/08/21 09:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just be happy the kids will get to play this year!! who cares what the record is

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326513 19 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yorktown will not go undefeated this year before playoffs. Already have scheduled games against JJ, Rye, and Bronxville. Good team but will not beat all 3 of those teams.

seems like all the top teams from A-D will play one another. Only glaring missing game is Ytown vs Mamo. that would have been a good one to see.

Like Reply Quote
Page 191 of 192 1 2 189 190 191 192
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard