BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 106 of 311 1 2 104 105 106 107 108 310 311
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never said there were not 19 year olds playing. Said you couldn't turn 19 until school started, therefore playing as a 20 year old. Again...urban legend.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Never said there were not 19 year olds playing. Said you couldn't turn 19 until school started, therefore playing as a 20 year old. Again...urban legend.

I think you know what I meant my man. Since we are wordsmithing everything, you can turn 19 before school starts and not play as a 20 year old. There was a 21 year old(again, verified not heresay)!who was playing a sport in the MIAA a couple seasons ago. Even the college he plays at, their bio has the age I saw on an official document a few years ago. Young man is 24 as a redshirt sophomore.

I am almost too scared to tell you what I know about Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you know what I meant my man. Since we are wordsmithing everything, you can turn 19 before school starts and not play as a 20 year old. There was a 21 year old(again, verified not heresay)!who was playing a sport in the MIAA a couple seasons ago. Even the college he plays at, their bio has the age I saw on an official document a few years ago. Young man is 24 as a redshirt sophomore.

I am almost too scared to tell you what I know about Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny lol

Different poster and a couple of things. Are you saying students who turn 19 on or after 9/1 shouldn't allowed to play high school sports as a senior? I agree the 9/1 date for class based sports is way too generous and should be dialed back to at least 1/1 or 4/1 really.

And it seems as if you are taking one example of 1 student a couple of seasons ago who was snuck through the system not playing lacrosse and making it out to be a rampant issue. If rampant is defined as 3-4 in the MIAA in any given year then ok. That 3-4 who are born prior to 9/1 the year before and are playing on class based teams is ridiculous. As those kids get to high school, those are the ones you always see transfer to post grad schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Different poster and a couple of things. Are you saying students who turn 19 on or after 9/1 shouldn't allowed to play high school sports as a senior? I agree the 9/1 date for class based sports is way too generous and should be dialed back to at least 1/1 or 4/1 really.

And it seems as if you are taking one example of 1 student a couple of seasons ago who was snuck through the system not playing lacrosse and making it out to be a rampant issue. If rampant is defined as 3-4 in the MIAA in any given year then ok. That 3-4 who are born prior to 9/1 the year before and are playing on class based teams is ridiculous. As those kids get to high school, those are the ones you always see transfer to post grad schools.

I am not saying anyone shouldn't be allowed to play just disputing the poster who said this doesn't happen. Remember, I posted that MY Athletic Department petitioned, got approved, and played a 20 year old. My definition of rampant is different. There are thousands of athletes each year playing throughout the MIAA. There are definitely more than 3-4 because I see the waiver list and that is even higher than the 3-4. Now is it the Wild Wild West out there? Again, I hear the rumors of certain sports in certain schools. Hard to comment because I don't know if it's the school/coaches cheating or is it coming from the student/family side. We are not paid to be CIA from our schools and there isn't much from the MIAA except to certify the players are of age. We get a list every year from our school administration with everyone's birthdate. I have seen cases at a former school and remember we have friends in other schools. I had a friend at a private in DC who had a student a few years ago turning 19 but not until October. The kid was posting all over social media about his birthday in July. No, he didn't launch an investigation into it and he shouldn't. Let's not be naïve, at Privates,it isn't good business to investigate and chase students away as seniors because we discovered they were too old. Some have committed to colleges or hoping to and something like this could really jeopardize their future. I am also fine, our coaches aren't sometimes lol, with losing in the playoffs against a suspected or known 20 year old rather than drag something like that through the media by protesting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was 20 year olds yesterday, now 21 year old. By the end of the week it will be up a 30 year old.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was 20 year olds yesterday, now 21 year old. By the end of the week it will be up a 30 year old.

You seem like you are really taking this personally? It's ok. It's just sports fella.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to all the boys this season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not saying anyone shouldn't be allowed to play just disputing the poster who said this doesn't happen. Remember, I posted that MY Athletic Department petitioned, got approved, and played a 20 year old. My definition of rampant is different. There are thousands of athletes each year playing throughout the MIAA. There are definitely more than 3-4 because I see the waiver list and that is even higher than the 3-4. Now is it the Wild Wild West out there? Again, I hear the rumors of certain sports in certain schools. Hard to comment because I don't know if it's the school/coaches cheating or is it coming from the student/family side. We are not paid to be CIA from our schools and there isn't much from the MIAA except to certify the players are of age. We get a list every year from our school administration with everyone's birthdate. I have seen cases at a former school and remember we have friends in other schools. I had a friend at a private in DC who had a student a few years ago turning 19 but not until October. The kid was posting all over social media about his birthday in July. No, he didn't launch an investigation into it and he shouldn't. Let's not be naïve, at Privates,it isn't good business to investigate and chase students away as seniors because we discovered they were too old. Some have committed to colleges or hoping to and something like this could really jeopardize their future. I am also fine, our coaches aren't sometimes lol, with losing in the playoffs against a suspected or known 20 year old rather than drag something like that through the media by protesting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do all “A” MIAA teams schedule games against the B teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the top miaa A teams

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the top miaa A teams

So that would be the normal gauge if your team is considered a top team or not?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the top miaa A teams
Fool

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the top miaa A teams

Every year the different MIAA teams schedule OOC teams. Usually they are good schools, sometimes not...Not a gauge at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the top miaa A teams

Every year the different MIAA teams schedule OOC teams. Usually they are good schools, sometimes not...Not a gauge at all.

Would MIAA B teams be considered out of conference or are they just not good enough to be an A team? Same conference right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the top miaa A teams

Would MIAA B teams be considered out of conference or are they just not good enough to be an A team? Same conference right?

I would not read too much into it...at this point, after everything we all have been through, coaches seem happy to grab scrimmages and games with just about anyone to prep for their conference season. It has been nearly a year since these boys represented their school in real lacrosse games, let's get em out there and playing. IMO, a nice blend OOC scrimmages/games includes a couple against "better" teams, to measure yourself and one or two against "lesser" teams to empty the bench and see who will rise to the opportunity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the top miaa A teams

I would not read too much into it...at this point, after everything we all have been through, coaches seem happy to grab scrimmages and games with just about anyone to prep for their conference season. It has been nearly a year since these boys represented their school in real lacrosse games, let's get em out there and playing. IMO, a nice blend OOC scrimmages/games includes a couple against "better" teams, to measure yourself and one or two against "lesser" teams to empty the bench and see who will rise to the opportunity.

Some teams need some wins on their record.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the top miaa A teams

No, B is a big difference in quality of players and team. JC moved up to A a couple of years ago. The top B teams in past along with some public top teams played various MIAA A teams. Many reasons the games were played. Gave B and public a shot at A.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the top miaa A teams

No, B is a big difference in quality of players and team. JC moved up to A a couple of years ago. The top B teams in past along with some public top teams played various MIAA A teams. Many reasons the games were played. Gave B and public a shot at A.

B Conference has some very good players D1 commits and kids that can play. Teams are just not deep enough to compete with the top A conference teams. But B conference teams are just as good as the bottom feeders of the A.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who graduated in 2020 from B that is playing D1? Who are current D1 commits in B? Who is projected to be a D1 recruit?

I think the answer to all 3 is NO ONE

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who graduated in 2020 from B that is playing D1? Who are current D1 commits in B? Who is projected to be a D1 recruit?

I think the answer to all 3 is NO ONE

Friends goalie is D1 commit
Middie also is D1 commit

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NO ONE needs to prove anything to you knuckle head. Plenty of B division kids at D1 schools from the past few years. Do your own research if it bothers you that much. Also plenty of A division kids at D3 schools sitting behind B division kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So silly. Public schools in the area have of D1 kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the top miaa A teams

B Conference has some very good players D1 commits and kids that can play. Teams are just not deep enough to compete with the top A conference teams. But B conference teams are just as good as the bottom feeders of the A.

You know nothing about lacrosse if you think bottom A and top of the B are anywhere equal. How many times has a b conference team ever beaten an A conference team? There’s a reason there are different conferences—the A (even at the bottom) is vastly superior. Don’t even get me started on the c conference. I’m 100% confident that A conference jv teams would obliterate every c conference team after seeing one of their “playoff” games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, just wow. This particular forum has gotten really bad. You are pathetic parents. Who knew each and every one of you who are pounding your chests about A, B and C conference teams were involved in family decisions on which school to attend and why. All time low. Good job. See ya.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Vastly superior lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glenelg Country Beat John Carroll last fall in the NHSLS....smart move

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the beginning of last season GCS lost to Spalding by 10.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

High point of Spalding's season. And apparently high point of the year for some Spalding Dads.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So Spalding dad, you admit that they are the bottom feeders of the 'A' conference. Now let's move on to discuss the teams that will actually make the playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Glenelg country beat Spalding 3 years ago A vs B. Watching Spalding coaches rip the players on the bus for over a hour after the game was priceless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few years ago Curley JV beat MSJ & Spalding JV teams

JC, MSJ, Spalding, AC, GCS, SPP, Friends should all be competing in the "B".

We all know who the "A" teams are, and none of the above can compete with them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

detest on Spalding all you want, but they have a good team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Severn dad here. The geniuses on here said we were a bottom team last year. No idea where Friends or St Peter and Paul were excepted to be but both were in the B playoffs the year before. We beat Friends at their place 10-1 and it would have been beyond ugly if their goalie didn’t have 30 saves. We beat SP and P also by 9. SP and P were definitely better than Friends by far in offense. We crushed Friends the year before too. It would be ugly for the B to have to face any drop downs. Now it could even out in a few years because I doubt the D1 talent would continue going to Spalding, MSJ, or Severn if they drop to B but would be bad for a couple years. Real bad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Severn dad here. The geniuses on here said we were a bottom team last year. No idea where Friends or St Peter and Paul were excepted to be but both were in the B playoffs the year before. We beat Friends at their place 10-1 and it would have been beyond ugly if their goalie didn’t have 30 saves. We beat SP and P also by 9. SP and P were definitely better than Friends by far in offense. We crushed Friends the year before too. It would be ugly for the B to have to face any drop downs. Now it could even out in a few years because I doubt the D1 talent would continue going to Spalding, MSJ, or
Severn if they drop to B but would be bad for a couple years. Real bad

Yet Severn lost to Severna park and broadneck public schools what is your point?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

detest on Spalding all you want, but they have a good team.

not detesting, fact based statement. Facts don't care about your feelings. Spalding should be competing in the "B".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Severn dad here. The geniuses on here said we were a bottom team last year. No idea where Friends or St Peter and Paul were excepted to be but both were in the B playoffs the year before. We beat Friends at their place 10-1 and it would have been beyond ugly if their goalie didn’t have 30 saves. We beat SP and P also by 9. SP and P were definitely better than Friends by far in offense. We crushed Friends the year before too. It would be ugly for the B to have to face any drop downs. Now it could even out in a few years because I doubt the D1 talent would continue going to Spalding, MSJ, or Severn if they drop to B but would be bad for a couple years. Real bad

Just quick look at IL site friends have 2 D1 commits Severn has 3 listed. I know it’s hard to believe miaa B teams get D1 talent also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just quick look at IL site friends have 2 D1 commits Severn has 3 listed. I know it’s hard to believe miaa B teams get D1 talent also.

"B" gets some very good players, issue is there is no depth. after your starters, the talent pool goes down fast. they also don't get nearly the amount of kids trying out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Severn dad here. The geniuses on here said we were a bottom team last year. No idea where Friends or St Peter and Paul were excepted to be but both were in the B playoffs the year before. We beat Friends at their place 10-1 and it would have been beyond ugly if their goalie didn’t have 30 saves. We beat SP and P also by 9. SP and P were definitely better than Friends by far in offense. We crushed Friends the year before too. It would be ugly for the B to have to face any drop downs. Now it could even out in a few years because I doubt the D1 talent would continue going to Spalding, MSJ, or

Yet Severn lost to Severna park and broadneck public schools what is your point?

The POINT is that we were probably a bottom A team last year and we still crushed 2 of the better B’s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The POINT is that we were probably a bottom A team last year and we still crushed 2 of the better B’s

don't really know if they were two of the better since there wasn't a season. really don't know how Severn would have been either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard BL Lefty 2022 had a surgery and will miss time coming into the season. That has always been my peeve with his hype he is ALWAYS hurt. IL has him in top 5 but he can not stay healthy. How long he is out will be interesting part of BL season.
Weird that your pet peeve is a highly regarded high school kid being injured.

Good player but stays hurt. UNC has a great medical staff.
He really is always injured
Heard BL Lefty 2022 had a surgery and will miss time coming into the season. That has always been my peeve with his hype he is ALWAYS hurt. IL has him in top 5 but he can not stay healthy. How long he is out will be interesting part of BL season.

Is this actual information or fake news

Like Reply Quote
Page 106 of 311 1 2 104 105 106 107 108 310 311
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard