BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 72 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 71 72
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What do you all this of the all American games?

Complete waste.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me sum up the Towermen conversation from what I read above.

1. They did not play in any big 2026 Fall tournaments. (God forbid a team actually follows through promoting multi-sports athletes instead of just pay the concept lip service)
2. They are good . But just how good will not be known until after the WSYL qualifier
3. Who knows if they will stay together once they enter HS. There is not a lot of examples for this single year models and what happens when they get to HS. I am sure the top private schools will be interested in these kids for HS and then the club teams they run.
4. They have three kids who are overage, which I would bet is not unique.

Now can we please move on and discuss something else.

I am pretty sure that there are several NJ teams playing at the WSYL, as well as several teams not playing who will be big players in the summer so let us move on.

Have they played lately & against & results?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me sum up the Towermen conversation from what I read above.

1. They did not play in any big 2026 Fall tournaments. (God forbid a team actually follows through promoting multi-sports athletes instead of just pay the concept lip service)
2. They are good . But just how good will not be known until after the WSYL qualifier
3. Who knows if they will stay together once they enter HS. There is not a lot of examples for this single year models and what happens when they get to HS. I am sure the top private schools will be interested in these kids for HS and then the club teams they run.
4. They have three kids who are overage, which I would bet is not unique.

Now can we please move on and discuss something else.

I am pretty sure that there are several NJ teams playing at the WSYL, as well as several teams not playing who will be big players in the summer so let us move on.

Have they played lately & against & results?
Who cares. No New Jersey team has a chance at the WSYL. Next.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the Mad Dog 25 team still decent? They might be going.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sleeper to win it all!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sleeper to win it all!
Only 2025 NJ team to make it out of the qualifier will be BBL. Mad Dog parents will have the best tailgate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sleeper to win it all!
Only 2025 NJ team to make it out of the qualifier will be BBL. Mad Dog parents will have the best tailgate.

I mean, come on. There not a bad team but they don't stand a chance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to the rumor that Leading Edge is falling apart? Is it a financial thing or just that kids are going elsewhere? Was thinking about having my 6th grader check them out this summer but don't want to have it blow up in our face. Are going the way of Mad Dog?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to the rumor that Leading Edge is falling apart? Is it a financial thing or just that kids are going elsewhere? Was thinking about having my 6th grader check them out this summer but don't want to have it blow up in our face. Are going the way of Mad Dog?

Since your son is only in 6th grade, I would give it some time and see how things play out. Not much value in going to LE before high school anyway, the youth teams are not competitive. There are many other clubs that are much better at developing players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since your son is only in 6th grade, I would give it some time and see how things play out. Not much value in going to LE before high school anyway, the youth teams are not competitive. There are many other clubs that are much better at developing players.

Agreed. I don't think they are falling apart, they're just not as relevant now that early recruiting is done. And they are absolutely not a development program so only look there after freshman year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Leading Edge is not falling apart. BBL has just taken from their pool but the 4 high school teams 2021-2024 are all pretty equal. I think if these teams played each other 10 games in a row it would be pretty close to 6 wins either way for either club. These are the only two clubs in NJ that are on the higher level so lets not start this BBL/Leading Edge conversation again. Tri State and Patriot are next . Mad Dog is terrible other than that 25 team. Once that team breaks up for high school, they fold NJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Leading Edge is not falling apart. BBL has just taken from their pool but the 4 high school teams 2021-2024 are all pretty equal. I think if these teams played each other 10 games in a row it would be pretty close to 6 wins either way for either club. These are the only two clubs in NJ that are on the higher level so lets not start this BBL/Leading Edge conversation again. Tri State and Patriot are next . Mad Dog is terrible other than that 25 team. Once that team breaks up for high school, they fold NJ.

You must be a Patriot parent...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say Tri-State is equal to these clubs and in 2 years will surpass. BBL will hang in the top but LE will drop out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say Tri-State is equal to these clubs and in 2 years will surpass. BBL will hang in the top but LE will drop out.

This is probably true. Seton Hall fed a lot of kids to LE and now that the head coach is TriState, that club will reap the benefits. LE will be stuck backfilling with Mad Dog kids like they have for the past few years but that's a significant drop in talent compared to their history.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of LE's first Mad Dog kids was C. Birch who was an All American in HS and now at Penn State. Followed up by their 21 kid going to Rutgers and their 22 kid going to West Point. It's called talent acquisition. And BBL is now starting to scour down the shore area as well, with a few players on their roster. They were just a little late to the game. TRI State has them too. if a player is good enough from Cape May County and wants to make the drive, why wouldn't these teams take them?

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of LE's first Mad Dog kids was C. Birch who was an All American in HS and now at Penn State. Followed up by their 21 kid going to Rutgers and their 22 kid going to West Point. It's called talent acquisition. And BBL is now starting to scour down the shore area as well, with a few players on their roster. They were just a little late to the game. TRI State has them too. if a player is good enough from Cape May County and wants to make the drive, why wouldn't these teams take them?

Many of the post raise valid points, but the comparison is a little complicated, as this post notes, because clubs like BBL, Tri-State, Bluestar, etc. all have well developed youth programs, LE has always struggled at the youth level. The key for these clubs is to retain the top level players that they developed and not lose them to LE. As these teams continue to excel at the high school level, the kids will not be so quick to jump ship for LE. Also, as noted in earlier comment, the draw of the club director/high school coach is a a very powerful hammerhead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many of the posts raise valid points, but the comparison is a little complicated, as this post notes, because clubs like BBL, Tri-State, Bluestar, etc. all have well-developed youth programs, LE has always struggled at the youth level. The key for these clubs is to retain the top level players that they developed and not lose them to LE. As these teams continue to excel at the high school level, the kids will not be so quick to jump ship for LE. Also, as noted in earlier comment, the draw of the club director/high school coach is a very powerful hammerhead.

Isn't there an NJ rule that high school coaches can't coach their players in the off-season? If so how is Tri-State doing it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many of the posts raise valid points, but the comparison is a little complicated, as this post notes, because clubs like BBL, Tri-State, Bluestar, etc. all have well-developed youth programs, LE has always struggled at the youth level. The key for these clubs is to retain the top level players that they developed and not lose them to LE. As these teams continue to excel at the high school level, the kids will not be so quick to jump ship for LE. Also, as noted in earlier comment, the draw of the club director/high school coach is a very powerful hammerhead.

Isn't there an NJ rule that high school coaches can't coach their players in the off-season? If so how is Tri-State doing it?

Not an expert on the topic by any means, but I believe that it is permitted when school is not in session. Many high school coaches are affiliated with clubs, so it must be permitted. I think that concern is a high school team playing together under their coach off-season, which is not really feasible for club lacrosse due to the grad. year separation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, there are good players coming out of mad dog, but not enough to make LE a top team. The point is that kids aren't coming from far and wide to join LE because the other clubs are better at development and have started to catch up on recruiting. Before early recruiting, LE had the advantage there. That's gone. Plus, they have no affiliation with high school teams which will continue to minimize their pool of players. They will still be a good option for some kids but their model isn't going to sustain itself over the long run.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, there are good players coming out of mad dog, but not enough to make LE a top team. The point is that kids aren't coming from far and wide to join LE because the other clubs are better at development and have started to catch up on recruiting. Before early recruiting, LE had the advantage there. That's gone. Plus, they have no affiliation with high school teams which will continue to minimize their pool of players. They will still be a good option for some kids but their model isn't going to sustain itself over the long run.
What is the goal of travel lacrosse? Wins and Losses or getting your kid into the right University.
The LE model works and will continue to work, it's not for everyone or the only option.
Regarding an affiliation with a high school team. 10+ 2025 kids are enrolling at Delbarton in the Fall. I guess they aren't going to be a top team in a couple of years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is the goal of travel lacrosse? Wins and Losses or getting your kid into the right University.
The LE model works and will continue to work, it's not for everyone or the only option.
Regarding an affiliation with a high school team. 10+ 2025 kids are enrolling at Delbarton in the Fall. I guess they aren't going to be a top team in a couple of years.

I know that Delbarton is a great program, but why do so many kids (and their parents) see that as the end-all for lacrosse. I would imaging that more than half of the kids going to Delbarton for lacrosse (and I am sure that it is a lot) will never see the field in a varsity game. If LE is such an amazing recruiting machine, why not go to a high school where you have a better chance of playing meaningful minutes and just leave your future in the hands of LE.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know that Delbarton is a great program, but why do so many kids (and their parents) see that as the end-all for lacrosse. I would imaging that more than half of the kids going to Delbarton for lacrosse (and I am sure that it is a lot) will never see the field in a varsity game. If LE is such an amazing recruiting machine, why not go to a high school where you have a better chance of playing meaningful minutes and just leave your future in the hands of LE.
Dude, you are all over the place. First, you say LE has no affiliation with a high school team, they look to be building one with the best high school program in NJ and now you are saying the kids will never see the field. Just say you have something personal with LE and let's move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

6+ of those kids will probably get cut, then what?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude, you are all over the place. First, you say LE has no affiliation with a high school team, they look to be building one with the best high school program in NJ and now you are saying the kids will never see the field. Just say you have something personal with LE and let's move on.
Dude, this was a different person.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Different posters. The point is that, if a person feels strongly that LE will get their kid recruited, why not just go to a high school with a decent program, be one of the top kids, and get tons of playing time. I realize that playing for a top club and a top high school is probably the best route, but getting meaningful time at Delbarton is tough with the competition, likewise with SHP.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The one thing people are forgetting is the kids going to these high schools from Leading Edge and BBL will probably commit early in their junior year as long as they are good enough. BBl and LE directors will get them recruited so who cares about what high school they play for. Most will commit way before their Junior year Varsity season even begins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The one thing people are forgetting is the kids going to these high schools from Leading Edge and BBL will probably commit early in their junior year as long as they are good enough. BBl and LE directors will get them recruited so who cares about what high school they play for. Most will commit way before their Junior year Varsity season even begins.
I wouldn't say "most". Less than half will.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many of the post raise valid points, but the comparison is a little complicated, as this post notes, because clubs like BBL, Tri-State, Bluestar, etc. all have well developed youth programs, LE has always struggled at the youth level. The key for these clubs is to retain the top level players that they developed and not lose them to LE. As these teams continue to excel at the high school level, the kids will not be so quick to jump ship for LE. Also, as noted in earlier comment, the draw of the club director/high school coach is a a very powerful hammerhead.

My son graduated two years ago, was recruited to play in college, and was on Leading Edge. He had fun but I would say there was nothing that club provided that any other club could have. There's no magic club. Just let your kid play and they will be found.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 10 NJ High School teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son graduated two years ago, was recruited to play in college, and was on Leading Edge. He had fun but I would say there was nothing that club provided that any other club could have. There's no magic club. Just let your kid play and they will be found.

Unfortunately, you can say this until you are blue in the face. So many people think that there is the perfect formula with the right club, high school, showcase, etc. The best player(s) from LE, Tri State, Riot, Bluestar, BBL etc., are all going to top tier division 1 schools. The real issue is grades. If you have lousy grades, it makes the recruiting process a lot more difficult. Look at how many gifted players end up going to lower level D1 colleges because they didn't have the grades for a better school.. College coaches do not want to take a risk on a kid that is just going to be a headache with academics, whether because it hurts the overall team GPA for indexing, or because the kid may end up being academically ineligible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately, you can say this until you are blue in the face. So many people think that there is the perfect formula with the right club, high school, showcase, etc. The best player(s) from LE, Tri State, Riot, Bluestar, BBL etc., are all going to top tier division 1 schools. The real issue is grades. If you have lousy grades, it makes the recruiting process a lot more difficult. Look at how many gifted players end up going to lower level D1 colleges because they didn't have the grades for a better school.. College coaches do not want to take a risk on a kid that is just going to be a headache with academics, whether because it hurts the overall team GPA for indexing, or because the kid may end up being academically ineligible.
A real point of view!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A real point of view!
Here! Here!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Leading Edge 2025 is a real dumpster fire. Program struggling mightily. Got mopped today. Never in any game. Rethinking things.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Leading Edge 2025 is a real dumpster fire. Program struggling mightily. Got mopped today. Never in any game. Rethinking things.

You bailing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dumpster fire is a bit of an exaggeration. They went 3-0 against A level teams on Saturday and 0-3 on Sunday, with 2 of the losses coming against non WSYL teams who have older kids. They lost 8-3 to LI Express, who is likely on age for WSYL. I’m assuming that the team that played this weekend is all on age for WSYL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dumpster fire is a bit of an exaggeration. They went 3-0 against A level teams on Saturday and 0-3 on Sunday, with 2 of the losses coming against non WSYL teams who have older kids. They lost 8-3 to LI Express, who is likely on age for WSYL. I’m assuming that the team that played this weekend is all on age for WSYL.

Not sure why you're bringing up age. LE has older kids too. They're gonna play NLF teams all summer. It's just gonna be awful. WSYL has nothing to do with any of this. We're out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It sounds like you think 8-3 is a close game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not the original poster, nor a Leading Edge person, but 8-3 is a close game in my opinion....just saying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not the original poster, nor a Leading Edge person, but 8-3 is a close game in my opinion....just saying.

Me neither, but that's not a close game. Not a complete blowout but a dominant win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You would have said their 22 & 23 teams were dumpster fires in the 8th grade as well. There are a lot of soft and entitled kids, they need to get beat up a little bit in order to grow.

Like Reply Quote
Page 28 of 72 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard