Get it on Google Play
Get it on Google Play
New Camps Just Posted! | S2S Tryouts | LI Showcase 20 Days Away!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 05/17/21 08:22 PM
Girls High School
by Anonymous - 05/17/21 08:12 PM
Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (HoCo)
by Anonymous - 05/17/21 07:15 PM
Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 05/17/21 06:53 PM
Boys 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 05/17/21 06:02 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,370
Posts291,575
Members2,289
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 41 of 55 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 54 55
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
TheBackOfTheCage #322126 03/02/21 04:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because your the lacrosse expert......

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #322131 03/02/21 05:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GCS is/trying to become a feeder for TerpsLax. I say good for them! Also Gerstell has some big money behind the scenes and they’ll take you if you can make them better because they can- go for it!

Gerstell will never compete at the top! Mark it down. Best chance they had was last year and after this one it will be a big drop off. Paying money to get beat up by IAAM elites isn’t worth it. Coaching is an issue too.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322136 03/02/21 06:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Cathy choose Hero's over MND and now the program is falling apart. Should have stuck with MND!!

Hero’s is better than M&D at the 2026, 2027, 2028 levels so I’m not sure about that one.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322139 03/02/21 06:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do believe that Hero's 2025 is ranked higher this year and has won the NGLL championship for the last 3 years. Both teams do a great job of playing competitive lax

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #322161 03/03/21 09:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D is not the powerhouse it used to be. The coaching is sketchy-they are used to collecting talent not developing talent. Since the goal is not what team is best but is your kid getting recruited/showcased properly and developing her talents parents need to make the right decisions. IMHO girls like to play with girls they like early on so by the time they are forced to play in college with girls they don't like- they don't burnout.

Last edited by JesLax1; 03/03/21 09:03 AM.
Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #322170 03/03/21 09:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers has evolved into a powerhouse lax team. There is something to be said about non-parent coaching.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322172 03/03/21 10:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers has evolved into a powerhouse lax team. There is something to be said about non-parent coaching.

Of course there is something to be said regarding non-parent coaching....that's common sense. It should be like that across the board but unfortunately is not realistic around here.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322173 03/03/21 10:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a parent of player with parent coaches and I could not agree more with this statement. We have lived and learned. If we could do it over, we would. Parents should not be coaching at any level above rec.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322174 03/03/21 10:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D is not the powerhouse it used to be. The coaching is sketchy-they are used to collecting talent not developing talent. Since the goal is not what team is best but is your kid getting recruited/showcased properly and developing her talents parents need to make the right decisions. IMHO girls like to play with girls they like early on so by the time they are forced to play in college with girls they don't like- they don't burnout.
Last time I checked they are still top 3 in this class. You could probably flip a coin between them and Hero's. As for Skywalkers. They have no depth and will leave their best players out there in close games. To that note, some of the parents/kids that left, did so because they knew competition was coming. God forbid their D get demoted in 2nd string.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322175 03/03/21 10:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last time I checked they are still top 3 in this class. You could probably flip a coin between them and Hero's. As for Skywalkers. They have no depth and will leave their best players out there in close games. To that note, some of the parents/kids that left, did so because they knew competition was coming. God forbid their D get demoted in 2nd string.
Stop being an 8th grade kids. Hero’s, M&D and Skywalkers are the top three programs, any given game, playoff, tournament. Stop pounding chests and move on and just be grateful for a season. You all need help. Seriously.

Last edited by JesLax1; 03/03/21 10:43 AM.
Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #322182 03/03/21 12:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All programs have parents that coach. Maybe not their daughters team but still involved. Look at how many club coaches started at Rec and became experts and moved up to club. They got a whole let better when talent came to their club. Heros and M&D have some excellent parent / coaches that coaches at college or high school and work hard with their club teams. Sw is only club I know where you can’t coach ur own kid. If you don’t like a club cause they let a parent coach then find a new club and I don’t think you’d have many options.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322185 03/03/21 12:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you go to SW to get recruited to D1 schools, not win the ngll or some tshirt for a summer tournament..if it happens that is great but its not the purpose of the club. as an fyi all the girls on the 22 SW Blue team have verbally committed to D1 schools

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322189 03/03/21 01:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All programs have parents that coach. Maybe not their daughters team but still involved. Look at how many club coaches started at Rec and became experts and moved up to club. They got a whole let better when talent came to their club. Heros and M&D have some excellent parent / coaches that coaches at college or high school and work hard with their club teams. Sw is only club I know where you can’t coach ur own kid. If you don’t like a club cause they let a parent coach then find a new club and I don’t think you’d have many options.
Sorry for not being more specific. Parent coaches who coach their own player’s team. How’s that?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322191 03/03/21 01:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you go to SW to get recruited to D1 schools, not win the ngll or some tshirt for a summer tournament..if it happens that is great but its not the purpose of the club. as an fyi all the girls on the 22 SW Blue team have verbally committed to D1 schools[/quote]

That’s awesome , congrats to you and your daughter! I guess Heros and M&D don’t do that ?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322194 03/03/21 01:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you go to SW to get recruited to D1 schools, not win the ngll or some tshirt for a summer tournament..if it happens that is great but its not the purpose of the club. as an fyi all the girls on the 22 SW Blue team have verbally committed to D1 schools

That’s awesome , congrats to you and your daughter! I guess Heros and M&D don’t do that ?[/quote]
she not of recruiting age yet

Like Reply Quote
Page 41 of 55 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 54 55
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard