Get it on Google Play
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 04/17/21 12:38 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 04/17/21 12:36 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 04/17/21 12:28 PM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous - 04/17/21 11:05 AM
Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 04/17/21 09:24 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,334
Posts288,334
Members2,275
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 40 of 47 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 46 47
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #321938 03/01/21 08:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Paying for 8th graders-sad
What”s so sad about this? If your child was offered an academic scholarship would that be so sad also? The girls that were able to win awards and financial package come from all financial backgrounds and each one had to be accepted into their chosen school. So that means they had the grades, recommendations and in some cases the test scores to be accepted.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
TheBackOfTheCage #321944 03/01/21 08:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice rationalization-its always about the kids-not the sports

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #321967 03/01/21 10:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow -my D did it the old fashion way at Public school. Played for a top 10 team as a starter and is now in grad school/doctorate program. I had no idea this stuff even happens. Now I have less respect for the coaching.
Here you are in a 25 forum having “no idea”...ok.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #321997 03/01/21 12:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow -my D did it the old fashion way at Public school. Played for a top 10 team as a starter and is now in grad school/doctorate program. I had no idea this stuff even happens. Now I have less respect for the coaching.
Here you are in a 25 forum having “no idea”...ok.

Right? And to that note there is nothing wrong with public school. There are tons of great public school programs in the area. The choice of going private is just that. A choice. Or for Mr/Mrs "old fashion way" was due to ignorance on what is available for their kid. Now we are suppose to feel bad because they had "no idea".

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #321998 03/01/21 12:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not "so sad" that these kids got into private schools. Good for them. What is sad is that the parents think it's so special, treat their kid's HS choice like it's the NBA draft, and then feel a need to broadcast it to the world. Trying to pit school tuition offerings against each other and take money from schools when your family doesn't need it is makes it even more obnoxious. And as someone mentioned in an earlier post, the parents drone on and on about what great teams and coaches their daughter will be playing on/for. Well of course they're great when they can recruit top players - DUH !!! but these parents lick their chops even as their daughters are giving up (sometimes up to 2 seasons of) playing time, position preference, and possibly years of making varsity to go play for these schools/teams. I bet if you asked any of these parents what they loved about any of these "schools" they couldn't give you an answer. They're using whatever high school they think will give their kid an advantage in lax and whichever coach can help t hem achieve that. It has nothing to do with them liking the school or picking the best academic institution for their child. It's ALL ABOUT LAX. Do I blame these families ? No, of course not. Will I do the same thing for my kid? eeh Maybe. But let's all stop the false pretenses and call a spade a spade. This is the part that people find so sad.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Paying for 8th graders-sad
What”s so sad about this? If your child was offered an academic scholarship would that be so sad also? The girls that were able to win awards and financial package come from all financial backgrounds and each one had to be accepted into their chosen school. So that means they had the grades, recommendations and in some cases the test scores to be accepted.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #322001 03/01/21 12:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's not "so sad" that these kids got into private schools. Good for them. What is sad is that the parents think it's so special, treat their kid's HS choice like it's the NBA draft, and then feel a need to broadcast it to the world. Trying to pit school tuition offerings against each other and take money from schools when your family doesn't need it is makes it even more obnoxious. And as someone mentioned in an earlier post, the parents drone on and on about what great teams and coaches their daughter will be playing on/for. Well of course they're great when they can recruit top players - DUH !!! but these parents lick their chops even as their daughters are giving up (sometimes up to 2 seasons of) playing time, position preference, and possibly years of making varsity to go play for these schools/teams. I bet if you asked any of these parents what they loved about any of these "schools" they couldn't give you an answer. They're using whatever high school they think will give their kid an advantage in lax and whichever coach can help t hem achieve that. It has nothing to do with them liking the school or picking the best academic institution for their child. It's ALL ABOUT LAX. Do I blame these families ? No, of course not. Will I do the same thing for my kid? eeh Maybe. But let's all stop the false pretenses and call a spade a spade. This is the part that people find so sad.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Paying for 8th graders-sad
What”s so sad about this? If your child was offered an academic scholarship would that be so sad also? The girls that were able to win awards and financial package come from all financial backgrounds and each one had to be accepted into their chosen school. So that means they had the grades, recommendations and in some cases the test scores to be accepted.


Unless you are Bill Gates, Elon Musk or Steve Bisciatti, who couldn't use a break on tuition? At 30-38k a year the tuition of a private education is out of reach for most if not every family without tuition assistance, help from grandparents and or tuition assistance or scholarships. I fault no one for trying to save money when its being offered.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #322041 03/01/21 05:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes, most schools follow that criteria. But one school in particular went from the B bracket to the A bracket in lax and went outside of the norm
to get more expensive talent.
What school would this be? the last team to join the A was Gerstell in 2019, before that it was Glenleg Country School in 2017.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #322057 03/01/21 10:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes, most schools follow that criteria. But one school in particular went from the B bracket to the A bracket in lax and went outside of the norm
to get more expensive talent.
What school would this be? the last team to join the A was Gerstell in 2019, before that it was Glenleg Country School in 2017.

I believe the PP is referring to GCS.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
TheBackOfTheCage #322061 03/01/21 11:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GCS is/trying to become a feeder for TerpsLax. I say good for them! Also Gerstell has some big money behind the scenes and they’ll take you if you can make them better because they can- go for it! But what is most amazing is to see Public go for the gold and be a great team- just based on the water in your zip code. Like MarriottsRidge or Glenelg.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #322067 03/02/21 08:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
GCS is/trying to become a feeder for TerpsLax. I say good for them! Also Gerstell has some big money behind the scenes and they’ll take you if you can make them better because they can- go for it! But what is most amazing is to see Public go for the gold and be a great team- just based on the water in your zip code. Like MarriottsRidge or Glenelg.
the gcs to md pipeline has 1 year left

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #322091 03/02/21 11:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
GCS is/trying to become a feeder for TerpsLax. I say good for them! Also Gerstell has some big money behind the scenes and they’ll take you if you can make them better because they can- go for it! But what is most amazing is to see Public go for the gold and be a great team- just based on the water in your zip code. Like MarriottsRidge or Glenelg.
the gcs to md pipeline has 1 year left
It’s a Hero’s to Maryland pipeline through GCS.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #322104 03/02/21 12:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
GCS is/trying to become a feeder for TerpsLax. I say good for them! Also Gerstell has some big money behind the scenes and they’ll take you if you can make them better because they can- go for it! But what is most amazing is to see Public go for the gold and be a great team- just based on the water in your zip code. Like MarriottsRidge or Glenelg.
the gcs to md pipeline has 1 year left
It’s a Hero’s to Maryland pipeline through GCS.
That may explain Maryland's fallout from the top 5.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #322111 03/02/21 01:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
GCS is/trying to become a feeder for TerpsLax. I say good for them! Also Gerstell has some big money behind the scenes and they’ll take you if you can make them better because they can- go for it! But what is most amazing is to see Public go for the gold and be a great team- just based on the water in your zip code. Like MarriottsRidge or Glenelg.
the gcs to md pipeline has 1 year left
It’s a Hero’s to Maryland pipeline through GCS.
That may explain Maryland's fallout from the top 5.
after the 23's are gone from GCS the well will be dry

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #322122 03/02/21 03:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cathy choose Hero's over MND and now the program is falling apart. Should have stuck with MND!!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #322125 03/02/21 04:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I doubt she gives it that much thought

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Cathy choose Hero's over MND and now the program is falling apart. Should have stuck with MND!!

Like Reply Quote
Page 40 of 47 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 46 47
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4