Get it on Google Play
Get it on Google Play
Less Than 1 Month Away from the Girls LI Showcase & Boys UnD1sputed Showcase! | Mid Atlantic Elite Showcase & New England Elite Showcase Just Released!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 05/14/21 12:40 PM
Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/14/21 12:34 PM
New England Prep School Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 05/14/21 12:33 PM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/14/21 12:32 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,366
Posts291,103
Members2,288
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 281 of 330 1 2 279 280 281 282 283 329 330
Re: Boys High School
Anonymous #321825 02/27/21 12:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Towson is only using "on age" kids that grew up within a couple miles of the school - the way high school sports should be played.

:Whoosh:

Should maybe, but most top High School and College teams all have players one to three years older than their grade/year.

Just the way it is. MD has an attackman that is 24/25

In the MIAA you can’t be 19 until the start of school. There is no one who is 2+ years beyond their grade year.

Hilarious. Yes that is the rule, which is generally followed by having many one year holdbacks, but there have been 2 year holdbacks occasionally with no issues. There are multiple High Schools with prefirst then PG players,,,which makes them Two years older....College another story, holdback in HS, PG, Red shirt and you are 3 years off the bat in Freshman year.

Forgot,,,College extra year eligibility due to Covid and now we have Freshman at 21/22.

College is a 5 year prop now for the kids that can play. Plan accordingly.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #321835 02/27/21 04:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Name and school? If you can’t provide that these are just “Bigfoot” stories.

post your name address and phone number and i will call you or stop by and tell you
You made the accusation. You post yours.

I guess I will have to go to sleep at night knowing somebody doesn't believe me. Ask anybody that works in athletics for an MIAA school. The examples I gave aren't accusations because I saw the evidence first hand(as well as plenty of others I never mentioned) There are players out there who I have heard are too old but I am not mentioning them because I don't know first hand. Even at my school, we had a 19 year exchange student that would turn 20 during the season. The kid had never played the sport in his life. We knew there would not be a competitive advantage having him. We also had championship aspirations in the sport so we didn't want to take any chances. We petitioned the MIAA and it was approved. You would be shocked how many 19s playing that actually have been approved, not even talking about ones who are "cheating" Just save an Adderal prescription from Elementary or Middle School and you are golden

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #321840 02/27/21 05:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never said there were not 19 year olds playing. Said you couldn't turn 19 until school started, therefore playing as a 20 year old. Again...urban legend.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #321867 02/27/21 11:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never said there were not 19 year olds playing. Said you couldn't turn 19 until school started, therefore playing as a 20 year old. Again...urban legend.

I think you know what I meant my man. Since we are wordsmithing everything, you can turn 19 before school starts and not play as a 20 year old. There was a 21 year old(again, verified not heresay)!who was playing a sport in the MIAA a couple seasons ago. Even the college he plays at, their bio has the age I saw on an official document a few years ago. Young man is 24 as a redshirt sophomore.

I am almost too scared to tell you what I know about Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny lol

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #321874 02/28/21 07:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you know what I meant my man. Since we are wordsmithing everything, you can turn 19 before school starts and not play as a 20 year old. There was a 21 year old(again, verified not heresay)!who was playing a sport in the MIAA a couple seasons ago. Even the college he plays at, their bio has the age I saw on an official document a few years ago. Young man is 24 as a redshirt sophomore.

I am almost too scared to tell you what I know about Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny lol

Different poster and a couple of things. Are you saying students who turn 19 on or after 9/1 shouldn't allowed to play high school sports as a senior? I agree the 9/1 date for class based sports is way too generous and should be dialed back to at least 1/1 or 4/1 really.

And it seems as if you are taking one example of 1 student a couple of seasons ago who was snuck through the system not playing lacrosse and making it out to be a rampant issue. If rampant is defined as 3-4 in the MIAA in any given year then ok. That 3-4 who are born prior to 9/1 the year before and are playing on class based teams is ridiculous. As those kids get to high school, those are the ones you always see transfer to post grad schools.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #321888 02/28/21 01:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Different poster and a couple of things. Are you saying students who turn 19 on or after 9/1 shouldn't allowed to play high school sports as a senior? I agree the 9/1 date for class based sports is way too generous and should be dialed back to at least 1/1 or 4/1 really.

And it seems as if you are taking one example of 1 student a couple of seasons ago who was snuck through the system not playing lacrosse and making it out to be a rampant issue. If rampant is defined as 3-4 in the MIAA in any given year then ok. That 3-4 who are born prior to 9/1 the year before and are playing on class based teams is ridiculous. As those kids get to high school, those are the ones you always see transfer to post grad schools.

I am not saying anyone shouldn't be allowed to play just disputing the poster who said this doesn't happen. Remember, I posted that MY Athletic Department petitioned, got approved, and played a 20 year old. My definition of rampant is different. There are thousands of athletes each year playing throughout the MIAA. There are definitely more than 3-4 because I see the waiver list and that is even higher than the 3-4. Now is it the Wild Wild West out there? Again, I hear the rumors of certain sports in certain schools. Hard to comment because I don't know if it's the school/coaches cheating or is it coming from the student/family side. We are not paid to be CIA from our schools and there isn't much from the MIAA except to certify the players are of age. We get a list every year from our school administration with everyone's birthdate. I have seen cases at a former school and remember we have friends in other schools. I had a friend at a private in DC who had a student a few years ago turning 19 but not until October. The kid was posting all over social media about his birthday in July. No, he didn't launch an investigation into it and he shouldn't. Let's not be naïve, at Privates,it isn't good business to investigate and chase students away as seniors because we discovered they were too old. Some have committed to colleges or hoping to and something like this could really jeopardize their future. I am also fine, our coaches aren't sometimes lol, with losing in the playoffs against a suspected or known 20 year old rather than drag something like that through the media by protesting

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #321889 02/28/21 01:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was 20 year olds yesterday, now 21 year old. By the end of the week it will be up a 30 year old.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #321901 02/28/21 04:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was 20 year olds yesterday, now 21 year old. By the end of the week it will be up a 30 year old.

You seem like you are really taking this personally? It's ok. It's just sports fella.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #321937 03/01/21 08:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to all the boys this season.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322046 03/01/21 07:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not saying anyone shouldn't be allowed to play just disputing the poster who said this doesn't happen. Remember, I posted that MY Athletic Department petitioned, got approved, and played a 20 year old. My definition of rampant is different. There are thousands of athletes each year playing throughout the MIAA. There are definitely more than 3-4 because I see the waiver list and that is even higher than the 3-4. Now is it the Wild Wild West out there? Again, I hear the rumors of certain sports in certain schools. Hard to comment because I don't know if it's the school/coaches cheating or is it coming from the student/family side. We are not paid to be CIA from our schools and there isn't much from the MIAA except to certify the players are of age. We get a list every year from our school administration with everyone's birthdate. I have seen cases at a former school and remember we have friends in other schools. I had a friend at a private in DC who had a student a few years ago turning 19 but not until October. The kid was posting all over social media about his birthday in July. No, he didn't launch an investigation into it and he shouldn't. Let's not be naïve, at Privates,it isn't good business to investigate and chase students away as seniors because we discovered they were too old. Some have committed to colleges or hoping to and something like this could really jeopardize their future. I am also fine, our coaches aren't sometimes lol, with losing in the playoffs against a suspected or known 20 year old rather than drag something like that through the media by protesting

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
B_O_T_C #322093 03/02/21 11:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do all “A” MIAA teams schedule games against the B teams?

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #322096 03/02/21 12:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the top miaa A teams

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322099 03/02/21 12:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the top miaa A teams

So that would be the normal gauge if your team is considered a top team or not?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322102 03/02/21 12:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the top miaa A teams
Fool

Last edited by JesLax1; 03/02/21 12:20 PM.
Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322107 03/02/21 12:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the top miaa A teams

So that would be the normal gauge if your team is considered a top team or not?

Every year the different MIAA teams schedule OOC teams. Usually they are good schools, sometimes not...Not a gauge at all.

Like Reply Quote
Page 281 of 330 1 2 279 280 281 282 283 329 330
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard