BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 45 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 44 45
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can we just put the SBU freshman animonsity to bed. I get that the US team tryout selection was disgraceful and the hype machine is over the top but these are 18-year-olds who honestly did not ask for all the hype. I am pretty sure the next AK is a little embarrassed with all that has gone on and how she has performed. Freshman year of college is hard enough, add in Covid and unrealistic expectations, and do we really need to pile on.

No, we do not. There are some fools who just can't help themselves. The bitterness and jealousy always come through.

Last edited by JesLax1; . Reason: use of profanity, not permitted
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sue knock it off your embarrassing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You mean ponies? The horses play at UNC😂

Absolutely horses number #1 recruit and former YJ commit leading the charge for UNC

Wait. What. She committed to YJ. Didn’t know that you com-mitt to YJ. I guess that goes on YJ player bio’s also. Then a YJ player gets to commit to a college. Oh yea... so now YJ players are horses. Wow. Amazing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You trolls are amazing .Sorry but I would not want my kid playing with or against North. Her antics are embarrassing and its always all about her so I would not want my kid playing on the same team , that said she is very good but seems overly hyped up so I would not want my kid to play against her. There are a number of players I would take over her if you want to win big games which she has never done , players that make those around them better but can do it on their own when needed. The horses comments are ridiculous as it just a saying and the SBU ,UNC game was closer than the score but UNC clearly outplayed them .To the keyboard tough guy who thinks he knows who people are why be such a flaccid coward and speak to these people face to face as you seem to think you know who they are. I forgot you are too much of a flaccid coward to actually do that .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we finally stop all this Stony Brook nonsense if they played in the ACC they wouldn’t be even ranked in the top 15-20.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we finally stop all this Stony Brook nonsense if they played in the ACC they wouldn’t be even ranked in the top 15-20.

I was definitely expecting a much different game than that!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's pure FACT!!!
I think this Cuse loss (cuse didn't have best player either) puts them back outside the top 10.
2 games vs ACC teams and 2 losses by a combined 17 goals

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SBU will now go beat up on their in conference teams and run up their stays and Spallina will convince inside lax that their team is top five and he has a sure fire Tewaaraton player on his team when in reality if they played in the ACC it would be obvious that neither of those things are true .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No question SB didn’t have their best day and SU played flawless and inspired lax today. Surprising as both play a similar defense.

SU right now is the team to beat. UNC , ND and NW very strong but SU playing as a complete team right now is stronger. The EH loss as not apparent of a big issue today is a huge loss for them. I pray the injury is not bad and she can return. Lax needs players like her.

Another note SU backer zone is forcing many shooting space calls or players to pull up on shots, which are both good results for SU. The 8M is a tough shot. Also noticed SU using the old check to bottom of stick and pulling it. The refs see it, but used all over field.

Both backers were in 3 seconds all day but refs missing it. The backer zone is awesome when 3 seconds not called.

Onto next week we go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony brook will be fine, they will end up in the 5-10 spot as they deserve. Until they lose to a team they should beat they won’t drop too far.
This year like last year is Cure’s year.. they are a senior/ Grad student heavy team who are battle tested and should be there at the end but They have ND and UNC still to come. a lot of lax left to play.
Hawryschuk was my tewaaraton favorite, sad to see her on crutches. It does not look promising.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No question SB didn’t have their best day and SU played flawless and inspired lax today. Surprising as both play a similar defense.

SU right now is the team to beat. UNC , ND and NW very strong but SU playing as a complete team right now is stronger. The EH loss as not apparent of a big issue today is a huge loss for them. I pray the injury is not bad and she can return. Lax needs players like her.

Another note SU backer zone is forcing many shooting space calls or players to pull up on shots, which are both good results for SU. The 8M is a tough shot. Also noticed SU using the old check to bottom of stick and pulling it. The refs see it, but used all over field.

Both backers were in 3 seconds all day but refs missing it. The backer zone is awesome when 3 seconds not called.

Onto next week we go.
Is there just not enough talent to go around? I know JMU shocked the lacrosse world by winning the National Championship in 2018 and Navy surprised everyone by advancing to the Final Four in 2017 but C'mon man... can we get some parity? Stony Brook has done a great job and is recognized by most as a Top 10 Program But they have not made it to Championship weekend. Virginia, Princeton, Penn, Florida, Notre Dame all Top 10 Programs but its been a while since they were in the Final Four or won a Championship. Not even sure if Notre Dame has ever gone to The Final Four. Duke has fallen off and has not been Top 20 the past few years. Penn State looks to be heading in the right direction after a couple of down years after back to back Final Four years.

You would think that with the growth of the sport it would be attracting more "Athletes" but it appears as though the same 10 - 15 teams are able to land just about all of the top players.

Michigan had a great year in 2019 but it looks like they might have taken a step back. Georgetown has fallen along with Hopkins.

I guess when you look at the Top 15 -20 Programs they cover all the bases for recruits. If you want to go out west USC and Stanford are excellent schools with competitive (although not yesterday for USC) programs. In The MidWest you obviously have Northwestern and Notre Dame. If you want warm weather and the south you have Florida, Duke and North Carolina. Big State School there is Maryland, Virginia, Penn State... Ivy you have Princeton and Penn (Dartmouth?). Northeast / New England / Boston area obviously Syracuse, Boston College (Dartmouth?) Want to stay on Long Island there is Stony Brook. Want to be in the Swamp AKA DC you have Georgetown. Hopkins is a great school with a good program if Baltimore is your thing, Loyola is right up the road and is a great fit for a lot of student athletes. Navy has become a strong program for the very special individual who wants to challenge themselves in that environment.

The top recruits can usually find their "Fit" at one of these schools... City, Country, Suburban, South, Mid-Atlantic, Northeast, New England, Med-West, West Coast, Big School, Small School etc... They all excellent schools.

Just my thoughts on why it is so difficult for other programs to attract top talent.

Because regardless of how much money us parents throw at club lacrosse there just isnt that much talent out there. College lacrosse is by far the easiest route for any girl that wants to play varsity sport in college. The top 10, the next ten and then you fall off a cliff. Teams ranked around 100 could get beat by most club summer teams. Same goes for D2 and D3 a handful of really good teams and then not much. Enjoy the ride, Cheer for your kid and dont over think it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Onto next week we go.

Here is the difference between SB and the best teams, Spallina only pushes individuals in a team sport. Look at UNC, in my opinion the best team with the best offensive player, but no one is dodging, there are no ISO’s it’s all ball movement. That’s the way you play this game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Onto next week we go.

Here is the difference between SB and the best teams, Spallina only pushes individuals in a team sport. Look at UNC, in my opinion the best team with the best offensive player, but no one is dodging, there are no ISO’s it’s all ball movement. That’s the way you play this game.

UNC will dodge hard when they play against teams that plays man to man D.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Onto next week we go.
Is there just not enough talent to go around? I know JMU shocked the lacrosse world by winning the National Championship in 2018 and Navy surprised everyone by advancing to the Final Four in 2017 but C'mon man... can we get some parity? Stony Brook has done a great job and is recognized by most as a Top 10 Program But they have not made it to Championship weekend. Virginia, Princeton, Penn, Florida, Notre Dame all Top 10 Programs but its been a while since they were in the Final Four or won a Championship. Not even sure if Notre Dame has ever gone to The Final Four. Duke has fallen off and has not been Top 20 the past few years. Penn State looks to be heading in the right direction after a couple of down years after back to back Final Four years.

You would think that with the growth of the sport it would be attracting more "Athletes" but it appears as though the same 10 - 15 teams are able to land just about all of the top players.

Michigan had a great year in 2019 but it looks like they might have taken a step back. Georgetown has fallen along with Hopkins.

I guess when you look at the Top 15 -20 Programs they cover all the bases for recruits. If you want to go out west USC and Stanford are excellent schools with competitive (although not yesterday for USC) programs. In The MidWest you obviously have Northwestern and Notre Dame. If you want warm weather and the south you have Florida, Duke and North Carolina. Big State School there is Maryland, Virginia, Penn State... Ivy you have Princeton and Penn (Dartmouth?). Northeast / New England / Boston area obviously Syracuse, Boston College (Dartmouth?) Want to stay on Long Island there is Stony Brook. Want to be in the Swamp AKA DC you have Georgetown. Hopkins is a great school with a good program if Baltimore is your thing, Loyola is right up the road and is a great fit for a lot of student athletes. Navy has become a strong program for the very special individual who wants to challenge themselves in that environment.

The top recruits can usually find their "Fit" at one of these schools... City, Country, Suburban, South, Mid-Atlantic, Northeast, New England, Med-West, West Coast, Big School, Small School etc... They all excellent schools.

Just my thoughts on why it is so difficult for other programs to attract top talent.

Because regardless of how much money us parents throw at club lacrosse there just isnt that much talent out there. College lacrosse is by far the easiest route for any girl that wants to play varsity sport in college. The top 10, the next ten and then you fall off a cliff. Teams ranked around 100 could get beat by most club summer teams. Same goes for D2 and D3 a handful of really good teams and then not much. Enjoy the ride, Cheer for your kid and dont over think it

Simple formula, the top programs recruit and bring in the best players and that’s how they remain the top programs. Most of the best HS players receive offers from several of the top 10 programs and most of the those players choose to play for one of the Top 10 programs. I’m willing to bet that if we look at where the Inside Lacrosse top 50 young gun seniors / Under Armour Senior All Americans choose to go to school there will be a direct correlation as to how those college programs perform. Pretty sure John Wooden once said “It’s about the Jimmy’s and the Joe’s more than the X’s and the 0’s”. Coaches need great players in order to win. More times than not the top recruits choose to go to one of the top programs. It’s not comply.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Onto next week we go.

UNC will dodge hard when they play against teams that plays man to man D.

The historic coaches in all sports seem to
Be humble teachers of sport and life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SU destroyed SB for few reasons. SB offense as pointed out above is built on a few players going to goal. That doesn’t work against a zone. What does work is dodge the first player and move the ball which is what SU did. SU also had six players above the goal and only one behind. The 6 were cutting off the 8M between goal circle and elbow. They had multiple goals on back cuts and look back to back side which was wide open. Many of the goals were clear 1M to 3M shots. I will say SB defense did do a much better job in second half as SU kept all the horses in the entire game. However the offense couldn’t score.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Onto next week we go.

In women's lacrosse, the teams that win championships win because they have the best team defense and exceptional goaltending.

As for SBU, they are a very good program and have been for some time now. I do not like looking back more than 5 years or so when trying do determine which programs are at the top of the game although I'm sure if we look back 10 or 15 years we will find the list to be much the same. Each year there seem to be 4 or 5 teams that emerge out of the Top 10 as being a cut above, 2021 looks to be no different. Stony Brook has flirted with cracking that top 5 but has yet to get over the hump. Depth seams to be what separates those top teams down the stretch. Stony Brook has not had the depth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big 10 in full swing today with the exception of Penn State. Michigan seems to have fallen off from their 2019 season, Maryland is off as well, Northwestern is the clear favorite. We will find out if Penn State is back when they face Northwestern next week. I am guessing The Top two B1G Teams will make the tournament will there be a third team? I think at least 3 Big 10 Teams will make the NCAA Tournament especially with The Ivy's not playing. We all know The ACC is loaded can any Big 10 Teams compete this year? Northwestern is going to put up big numbers just not sure they can hold teams defensively.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big 10 in full swing today with the exception of Penn State. Michigan seems to have fallen off from their 2019 season, Maryland is off as well, Northwestern is the clear favorite. We will find out if Penn State is back when they face Northwestern next week. I am guessing The Top two B1G Teams will make the tournament will there be a third team? I think at least 3 Big 10 Teams will make the NCAA Tournament especially with The Ivy's not playing. We all know The ACC is loaded can any Big 10 Teams compete this year? Northwestern is going to put up big numbers just not sure they can hold teams defensively.

Big 10 will have three, Northwestern, Penn State and Maryland and with no Ivy’s we could see a fourth... I’m going with Rutgers : )

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony brook. Now that’s a good one. When they can beat an actual
Good team. Then we can talk

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you talking to yourself?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like the gentleman mentioned earlier. Unless SB can consistently play BIG 10 or ACC opponents, they are irrelevant. There is no comparison. Keep dominating Wagner and Hofstra! Kudos!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like the gentleman mentioned earlier. Unless SB can consistently play BIG 10 or ACC opponents, they are irrelevant. There is no comparison. Keep dominating Wagner and Hofstra! Kudos!

Exactly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was creative you posted them answered your self

Management

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BIG 10 be despicable this year.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After northwestern the Big 10 is down big time this year ACC top to bottom is on another level minus Louisville
With no ivys this year and limited out of conference games it will be a very interesting NCAA bracket Think we can all agree with that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Onto next week we go.

Agreed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly

Stony Brook gets a lot of attention on here so I thought I would point out some facts so that people can see actual results as opposed to hype or detest.

Since 2015 here is how Stony Brook has actually done. (Thats 5 full seasons, 1 abbreviated season, and the current season).

Overal Record............... 97 - 17

Record Vs Top 20......... 22 - 16 (Teams that finished season in Top 20)

Record Vs Top 10........ 7 - 14 (Teams that finished season in Top 10)

Vs Perennial Top 20.... 12 - 13

Perennial Top 20 (Teams that ended the season ranked in the Top 20 in each of the 5 years from 2015 thru 2019. Stony Brook is one of those 10 Teams). (ND, PSU, JMU were the only teams to finish Top 20 four times in the five years 2015 -2019).

Maryland................. 0 - 2
North Carolina......... 0 - 1
Syracuse................. 1 - 2
Princeton................. 1 - 2
Florida...................... 1 - 4
Boston College........ 1 - 1
Northwestern........... 4 -1
Penn........................ 1 - 0
Virginia..................... 0 - 0

Notre Dame............. 1 - 0
James Madison....... 1 - 0
Penn State............... 1 - 0

Love them or detest them, they are what they are. Stony Brook has been one of the 10 best programs for several years now but their Team Records and Individual Player Statistics have been skewed due to their conference competition or lack there of. Stony Brook has done a good job with their out of conference schedule but their overall schedule is still less challenging than the other Top Programs.

NCAA Tournament Results are what they are...

2013: # 10 at end of regular season. # 11 in the final Poll.. : They were 16 - 2 going into the tournament. - They Lost to Maryland in the round of 16.

2014: # 20 at end of regular season. # 20 in the final Poll.. : They were 16 - 3 going into the tournament. - They Lost to Syracuse in round of 16.

2015: # 6 at end of regular season. # 11 in the final Poll.. : They were 18 - 1 going into the tournament. - They Lost to Princeton in round of 16.

2016: # 7 at end of regular season. # 8 in the final Poll.. : They were 15 - 3 going into the tournament. - They Lost to Syracuse in round of 16.

2017: # 4 at end of regular season. # 4 in the final Poll.. : They were 18 - 1 going into the tournament. - They Lost to Maryland in round of 8.

2018: # 1 at end of regular season. # 5 in the final Poll.. : They were 19 - 0 going into the tournament. - They Lost to Boston College in round of 8.

2019: # 15 at end of regular season. # 12 in the final Poll.. : They were 15 - 4 going into the tournament. - They Lost to Maryland in the round of 16.

Stony Brook is a Top 10 Program, that puts SBU in some pretty good company.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^ Well crafted and researched post..thank you. I dont think anyone though SB was beating Cuse Saturday. I didnt think it would be as skewed as it was but maybe Cuse is that good vs SB is that bad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Onto next week we go.

Agreed

Nike US Lacrosse Poll

1 North Carolina
2 Syracuse
3 Notre Dame
4 Northwestern
5 Virginia
6 Florida
7 Stony Brook
8 Duke
9 Penn State
10 Maryland
11 Boston College
12 Richmond
13 James Madison
14 Towson
15 Loyola
16 UMass
17 Virginia Tech
18 Rutgers
19 USC
20 Louisville

Some things that jump out at me:

Stony Brook at # 7. SBU was Blown out by 1 & 2 ... we might want to drop them out of the Top 10 at least for now.

Loyola at # 15. They are 0 - 2 and were blown out in both games. How are they only 1 spot behind Towson? Towson Vs Loyola was not close.

USC at #19. I realize they might have been Jet Lagged but again they are 0 - 2 and neither game was close and both Stony Brook and Boston College are unproven this year.

ND has not played a game... Keep them out until the compete.

Is Duke really Top 10?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
some early Tewaaraton thoughts predictions:

Top contenders : North,Ortega, Scane ,Kennedy

Kennedy : While elite on the draw circle she is not elite on either the offensive or defensive side and if she played in the ACC would be a good player but would not have the numbers she has.She will now tear thru her conference putting up big numbers and Spallina hype machine will be in full effect. 1 assist on season and shooting percent 38% not very impressive.

North : Very dynamic and flashy but does not make anyone around her any better and her game seems to be all about her. When her team mate passed up on the empty net goal against USC with the game all but over but North decided to put one more in to pad the stat line with 20 seconds or so left it showed exactly what she is all about.

Scane; Putting up big numbers but also taking an incredible amount of shots per game. Has not played any real top teams yet so will be interesting when she does. I would say she is probably the front runner at the moment but would prefer if she did more than just score, no draws, not great at riding, and play little competition so far.

Ortega: The most well rounded of the group as she can score and get team mates involved . That said against the better competition this season she averages 2.6 g and 1.6 A on 42 % shooting while in the blow outs she has an average of 4g 2.5 A on 88% shooting. I watched several of their games this weekend and her 12 shots against Duke was a bit much when you have that talent around you and against Vandy she seemed like the good high school layer whose dad told them they need to score more .Another player who is purely offensive , no draws etc.

I usually think the Tewaaraton should go to the best player not the best scorer but the all around goal scorer ,who gets team mates involved with assists ,helps on the draw and plays great defense don't seem to exist anymore. Given the above I think Trenchard the defender from UNC who is also on the draw circle at times and is fun to watch will eventually be the one to win the award.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever keeps saying Notre Dame has not played is incorrect and, quite frankly, should learn to do a quick fact check. Only 1 game early but did handle Vandy 19-5.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kennedy : While elite on the draw circle she is not elite on either the offensive or defensive side and if she played in the ACC would be a good player but would not have the numbers she has.She will now tear thru her conference putting up big numbers and Spallina hype machine will be in full effect. 1 assist on season and shooting percent 38% not very impressive.

North : Very dynamic and flashy but does not make anyone around her any better and her game seems to be all about her. When her team mate passed up on the empty net goal against USC with the game all but over but North decided to put one more in to pad the stat line with 20 seconds or so left it showed exactly what she is all about.

Scane; Putting up big numbers but also taking an incredible amount of shots per game. Has not played any real top teams yet so will be interesting when she does. I would say she is probably the front runner at the moment but would prefer if she did more than just score, no draws, not great at riding, and play little competition so far.

Ortega: The most well rounded of the group as she can score and get team mates involved . That said against the better competition this season she averages 2.6 g and 1.6 A on 42 % shooting while in the blow outs she has an average of 4g 2.5 A on 88% shooting. I watched several of their games this weekend and her 12 shots against Duke was a bit much when you have that talent around you and against Vandy she seemed like the good high school layer whose dad told them they need to score more .Another player who is purely offensive , no draws etc.

I usually think the Tewaaraton should go to the best player not the best scorer but the all around goal scorer ,who gets team mates involved with assists ,helps on the draw and plays great defense don't seem to exist anymore. Given the above I think Trenchard the defender from UNC who is also on the draw circle at times and is fun to watch will eventually be the one to win the award.

Agree and would love to see a Defender win it but I don't think it is likely. If Carolina wins the National Championship they should give it to The Carolina Defense, Goalie and Midfielders.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever keeps saying Notre Dame has not played is incorrect and, quite frankly, should learn to do a quick fact check. Only 1 game early but did handle Vandy 19-5.

Who "keeps" saying Notre Dame has not played? it was said in one post that I am aware of and it looks like it was a mistake.

Why so sensitive?

One game or no games, what have they done (ever) to be considered # 3?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree and would love to see a Defender win it but I don't think it is likely. If Carolina wins the National Championship they should give it to The Carolina Defense, Goalie and Midfielders.....

That said, I do think the Carolina Attack is spectacular!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree and great to see BTB done well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some comments...
too early for this list a lot of lax to still play, but my thoughts
You might want to add Katie Hoeg
or Andie Aldave from ND to list or Trombetta from Florida
Agree with Kennedy and Scane comments
Ortega - Duke game weather prob played a part in shots

Also if players aren't on draw circle why are they penalised in your thinking?
Most attackers, unless they take draw cant really help on draw circle.
Kennedy is good on ride, ortega is pretty good on the ride
North...taking draw may hurt her as she plays every minute and in a tough game is gonna be gassed by end.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some comments...
too early for this list a lot of lax to still play, but my thoughts
You might want to add Katie Hoeg
or Andie Aldave from ND to list or Trombetta from Florida
Agree with Kennedy and Scane comments
Ortega - Duke game weather prob played a part in shots

Also if players aren't on draw circle why are they penalised in your thinking?
Most attackers, unless they take draw cant really help on draw circle.
Kennedy is good on ride, ortega is pretty good on the ride
North...taking draw may hurt her as she plays every minute and in a tough game is gonna be gassed by end.

I guess I could have said way too early lol.
I would add Katie Hoeg if I thought they took leadership into account , you can see she is clearly a player that directs their offense and really like the way she spreads the ball around but in the end its a numbers game and they want pure goal scorers and honestly ball hogs. Will keep her in the honorable mention at this time.

Trombetta is definitely close to Trenchard its just she plays on a team that is not elite so I think it makes it real difficult.
Aldave has only played 1 game and got hurt so maybe down the road.

I get your point about not being on the draw circle or taking the draw but all else being equal it may be the added dimension that makes 1 player stand out more than another

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly

Stony Brook gets a lot of attention on here so I thought I would point out some facts so that people can see actual results as opposed to hype or detest.

Since 2015 here is how Stony Brook has actually done. (Thats 5 full seasons, 1 abbreviated season, and the current season).

Overal Record............... 97 - 17

Record Vs Top 20......... 22 - 16 (Teams that finished season in Top 20)

Record Vs Top 10........ 7 - 14 (Teams that finished season in Top 10)

Vs Perennial Top 20.... 12 - 13

Perennial Top 20 (Teams that ended the season ranked in the Top 20 in each of the 5 years from 2015 thru 2019. Stony Brook is one of those 10 Teams). (ND, PSU, JMU were the only teams to finish Top 20 four times in the five years 2015 -2019).

Maryland................. 0 - 2
North Carolina......... 0 - 1
Syracuse................. 1 - 2
Princeton................. 1 - 2
Florida...................... 1 - 4
Boston College........ 1 - 1
Northwestern........... 4 -1
Penn........................ 1 - 0
Virginia..................... 0 - 0

Notre Dame............. 1 - 0
James Madison....... 1 - 0
Penn State............... 1 - 0

Love them or detest them, they are what they are. Stony Brook has been one of the 10 best programs for several years now but their Team Records and Individual Player Statistics have been skewed due to their conference competition or lack there of. Stony Brook has done a good job with their out of conference schedule but their overall schedule is still less challenging than the other Top Programs.

NCAA Tournament Results are what they are...

2013: # 10 at end of regular season. # 11 in the final Poll.. : They were 16 - 2 going into the tournament. - They Lost to Maryland in the round of 16.

2014: # 20 at end of regular season. # 20 in the final Poll.. : They were 16 - 3 going into the tournament. - They Lost to Syracuse in round of 16.

2015: # 6 at end of regular season. # 11 in the final Poll.. : They were 18 - 1 going into the tournament. - They Lost to Princeton in round of 16.

2016: # 7 at end of regular season. # 8 in the final Poll.. : They were 15 - 3 going into the tournament. - They Lost to Syracuse in round of 16.

2017: # 4 at end of regular season. # 4 in the final Poll.. : They were 18 - 1 going into the tournament. - They Lost to Maryland in round of 8.

2018: # 1 at end of regular season. # 5 in the final Poll.. : They were 19 - 0 going into the tournament. - They Lost to Boston College in round of 8.

2019: # 15 at end of regular season. # 12 in the final Poll.. : They were 15 - 4 going into the tournament. - They Lost to Maryland in the round of 16.

Stony Brook is a Top 10 Program, that puts SBU in some pretty good company.

Stony Brooks Schedule is a double edge sward, it helps with hype because there record is usually very good, it helps with player stats, recognition and accolades. On the other hand it does not prepare them for The NCAA Tournament.

Below is where each team finished the year in the poll / rankings for 2019 and how many games vs Top 20 Teams they played.

1 - Maryland - 15 Top 20 games.

2 - Boston College - 11 Top 20 games.

3 - North Carolina - 12 Top 20 games.

4 - Northwestern - 13 Top 20 games.

5 - Syracuse - 12 Top 20 games.

6 - Princeton - 10 Top 20 games.

7 - Virginia - 12 Top 20 games.

12 - Stony Brook - 7 Top 20 games.

13 - Florida - 9 Top 20 games.

14 - Penn 8 Top 20 games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After northwestern the Big 10 is down big time this year ACC top to bottom is on another level minus Louisville
With no ivys this year and limited out of conference games it will be a very interesting NCAA bracket Think we can all agree with that

Louisville, Duke and Virginia Tech are competitive teams but “another level”? They have not done anything to confirm that. Time will tell where BC and ND stack up to the top teams but as of now they have not established themselves for this season. Virginia is also unproven so far. They are all competitive but at this point only UNC and Syracuse look to be on another level.

Like Reply Quote
Page 12 of 45 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 44 45
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard