Get it on Google Play
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 04/14/21 02:29 PM
Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 04/14/21 02:13 PM
Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 04/14/21 02:05 PM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 04/14/21 02:03 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,331
Posts288,015
Members2,275
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 488 of 505 1 2 486 487 488 489 490 504 505
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #321597 02/25/21 07:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nice thing about men’s college lacrosse is that most of the D1 options are good to great academic schools. Of course there are some not so good too. Also there are some great D3 academic options. In short D1, D2 and D3 all offer a chance for kids to get into a much better academic school than they would have without lacrosse. Championships are nice but I would hope a kid picks a great academic school that is a great fit over anything else.
A very small percentage, under 1%, of players will benefit from any type of lacrosse recruitment to college. Of those that do, the reward is an even smaller percentage for tuition reimbursed. You're NOT going to any college without excellent grades and well rounded extra curriculars. Lacrosse is rarely a part of that equation. The college coaches will let you know right away where you rank and it wont be at some freshman or sophomore money grab showcase. Don't be fooled into thinking your investment in youth lacrosse will be rewarded with a scholarship. Pay and play because your kid wants to not you. Its their journey.

Which D2 school offers an amazing academic experience?
Rollins - Bentley - LeMoyne

Amazing academics? That’s a tremendous stretch. How about average.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #321602 02/25/21 08:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nice thing about men’s college lacrosse is that most of the D1 options are good to great academic schools. Of course there are some not so good too. Also there are some great D3 academic options. In short D1, D2 and D3 all offer a chance for kids to get into a much better academic school than they would have without lacrosse. Championships are nice but I would hope a kid picks a great academic school that is a great fit over anything else.
A very small percentage, under 1%, of players will benefit from any type of lacrosse recruitment to college. Of those that do, the reward is an even smaller percentage for tuition reimbursed. You're NOT going to any college without excellent grades and well rounded extra curriculars. Lacrosse is rarely a part of that equation. The college coaches will let you know right away where you rank and it wont be at some freshman or sophomore money grab showcase. Don't be fooled into thinking your investment in youth lacrosse will be rewarded with a scholarship. Pay and play because your kid wants to not you. Its their journey.

Which D2 school offers an amazing academic experience?
Rollins - Bentley - LeMoyne

Amazing academics? That’s a tremendous stretch. How about average.

Bentley is a great school especially for business. We hire from that school all the time. If my kid was going to compete in d2 that would be a top choice over most d3 programs. It would be a top 25-30 out of the about 74 d1 programs.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
B_O_T_C #321632 02/25/21 11:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are spectators going to be allowed at HS games?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #321645 02/25/21 01:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are spectators going to be allowed at HS games?




Most likely there will be. Right now for basketball you can only attend home games and a 2 person per player limit

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #321673 02/25/21 04:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nice thing about men’s college lacrosse is that most of the D1 options are good to great academic schools. Of course there are some not so good too. Also there are some great D3 academic options. In short D1, D2 and D3 all offer a chance for kids to get into a much better academic school than they would have without lacrosse. Championships are nice but I would hope a kid picks a great academic school that is a great fit over anything else.
A very small percentage, under 1%, of players will benefit from any type of lacrosse recruitment to college. Of those that do, the reward is an even smaller percentage for tuition reimbursed. You're NOT going to any college without excellent grades and well rounded extra curriculars. Lacrosse is rarely a part of that equation. The college coaches will let you know right away where you rank and it wont be at some freshman or sophomore money grab showcase. Don't be fooled into thinking your investment in youth lacrosse will be rewarded with a scholarship. Pay and play because your kid wants to not you. Its their journey.

Which D2 school offers an amazing academic experience?

Tampa has the best female population. That's where my son will be going!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #321693 02/25/21 06:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are spectators going to be allowed at HS games?




Most likely there will be. Right now for basketball you can only attend home games and a 2 person per player limit


Let's see what they do with Football

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #321708 02/25/21 10:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are spectators going to be allowed at HS games?




Most likely there will be. Right now for basketball you can only attend home games and a 2 person per player limit


Let's see what they do with Football

Most schools in Nassau are not allowing visiting fans---many schools will not allow home fans -----we will see how this plays out and what could happen going into spring sports

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #321714 02/26/21 12:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nice thing about men’s college lacrosse is that most of the D1 options are good to great academic schools. Of course there are some not so good too. Also there are some great D3 academic options. In short D1, D2 and D3 all offer a chance for kids to get into a much better academic school than they would have without lacrosse. Championships are nice but I would hope a kid picks a great academic school that is a great fit over anything else.
A very small percentage, under 1%, of players will benefit from any type of lacrosse recruitment to college. Of those that do, the reward is an even smaller percentage for tuition reimbursed. You're NOT going to any college without excellent grades and well rounded extra curriculars. Lacrosse is rarely a part of that equation. The college coaches will let you know right away where you rank and it wont be at some freshman or sophomore money grab showcase. Don't be fooled into thinking your investment in youth lacrosse will be rewarded with a scholarship. Pay and play because your kid wants to not you. Its their journey.

Which D2 school offers an amazing academic experience?

Tampa has the best female population. That's where my son will be going!

Yeah, and 97 players on the roster. Should make for some serious playing time.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
B_O_T_C #321878 02/28/21 10:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the 2021’s (current HS seniors) get thrown under the bus by USL with the PLAYER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM. Thanks USL! How many incredible 21 players do not have the opportunity to now participate!? I’d love to know who on the USL board has sons/daughters benefitting from this.

Someone please tell me I'm wrong and I am misinterpreting the article.

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/usa-insider/us-lacrosse-announces-2021-ntdp-process

THE 2020s ARE REWARDED:

“Ordinarily, the upper age of eligibility for the age-group World Championship would be U20, but on a one-time basis in 2022, in order to make certain athletes are not deprived of the opportunity to compete, it is being raised to U21.”

THE 22s AND UNDER as well as the NEW 2021 holdbacks (therefore 2022s) who don't enroll in college ARE REWARDED:

To be eligible for the 2021 National Team Development Program, individuals must be born before August 31, 2007.
U18: The player must be born on or between September 1, 2002 and August 31, 2004. (11th and 12th grade/ graduation years 2023 and 2022) 
U16: The player must be born on or between September 1, 2004 and August 31, 2007. (9th and 10th grade/ graduation years 2024 and 2025)

*You must be enrolled in high school or 9th grade by the start of the 2021 academic school year to be eligible. If you are age-eligible, but still enrolled in middle school or 8th grade at the beginning of the 2021 academic school year, you are not eligible to participate this year. 

**If you are enrolled in college at the start of the 2021 fall college semester, even if under the age of 18, you are NOT eligible to participate. 

***Any age-eligible 2021s who are not enrolled in college by Fall of 2021 are welcome to apply as well. “

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #321909 02/28/21 06:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nice thing about men’s college lacrosse is that most of the D1 options are good to great academic schools. Of course there are some not so good too. Also there are some great D3 academic options. In short D1, D2 and D3 all offer a chance for kids to get into a much better academic school than they would have without lacrosse. Championships are nice but I would hope a kid picks a great academic school that is a great fit over anything else.
A very small percentage, under 1%, of players will benefit from any type of lacrosse recruitment to college. Of those that do, the reward is an even smaller percentage for tuition reimbursed. You're NOT going to any college without excellent grades and well rounded extra curriculars. Lacrosse is rarely a part of that equation. The college coaches will let you know right away where you rank and it wont be at some freshman or sophomore money grab showcase. Don't be fooled into thinking your investment in youth lacrosse will be rewarded with a scholarship. Pay and play because your kid wants to not you. Its their journey.

This is certainly not true for serious players from Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #321922 02/28/21 11:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nice thing about men’s college lacrosse is that most of the D1 options are good to great academic schools. Of course there are some not so good too. Also there are some great D3 academic options. In short D1, D2 and D3 all offer a chance for kids to get into a much better academic school than they would have without lacrosse. Championships are nice but I would hope a kid picks a great academic school that is a great fit over anything else.
A very small percentage, under 1%, of players will benefit from any type of lacrosse recruitment to college. Of those that do, the reward is an even smaller percentage for tuition reimbursed. You're NOT going to any college without excellent grades and well rounded extra curriculars. Lacrosse is rarely a part of that equation. The college coaches will let you know right away where you rank and it wont be at some freshman or sophomore money grab showcase. Don't be fooled into thinking your investment in youth lacrosse will be rewarded with a scholarship. Pay and play because your kid wants to not you. Its their journey.

This is certainly not true for serious players from Long Island.

while that 1% might be a D1 number, being an above average LI player will get you into colleges you might not have been able to get into due to factors.. You still need the grades, but other things might not have gotten your app looked at more than once..

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #321935 03/01/21 08:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nice thing about men’s college lacrosse is that most of the D1 options are good to great academic schools. Of course there are some not so good too. Also there are some great D3 academic options. In short D1, D2 and D3 all offer a chance for kids to get into a much better academic school than they would have without lacrosse. Championships are nice but I would hope a kid picks a great academic school that is a great fit over anything else.
A very small percentage, under 1%, of players will benefit from any type of lacrosse recruitment to college. Of those that do, the reward is an even smaller percentage for tuition reimbursed. You're NOT going to any college without excellent grades and well rounded extra curriculars. Lacrosse is rarely a part of that equation. The college coaches will let you know right away where you rank and it wont be at some freshman or sophomore money grab showcase. Don't be fooled into thinking your investment in youth lacrosse will be rewarded with a scholarship. Pay and play because your kid wants to not you. Its their journey.

Which D2 school offers an amazing academic experience?

Tampa has the best female population. That's where my son will be going!

Yeah, and 97 players on the roster. Should make for some serious playing time.

To be accurate, their roster is actually 62 players deep!! When you consider its literally larger than your typical football roster, the fact two thirds of that number never see the field and most importantly D2 only has 10.8 scholarships to dole out per class, it really makes you wonder what the attraction is.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #321947 03/01/21 08:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nice thing about men’s college lacrosse is that most of the D1 options are good to great academic schools. Of course there are some not so good too. Also there are some great D3 academic options. In short D1, D2 and D3 all offer a chance for kids to get into a much better academic school than they would have without lacrosse. Championships are nice but I would hope a kid picks a great academic school that is a great fit over anything else.
A very small percentage, under 1%, of players will benefit from any type of lacrosse recruitment to college. Of those that do, the reward is an even smaller percentage for tuition reimbursed. You're NOT going to any college without excellent grades and well rounded extra curriculars. Lacrosse is rarely a part of that equation. The college coaches will let you know right away where you rank and it wont be at some freshman or sophomore money grab showcase. Don't be fooled into thinking your investment in youth lacrosse will be rewarded with a scholarship. Pay and play because your kid wants to not you. Its their journey.

Which D2 school offers an amazing academic experience?

Tampa has the best female population. That's where my son will be going!

Yeah, and 97 players on the roster. Should make for some serious playing time.

To be accurate, their roster is actually 62 players deep!! When you consider its literally larger than your typical football roster, the fact two thirds of that number never see the field and most importantly D2 only has 10.8 scholarships to dole out per class, it really makes you wonder what the attraction is.

62 players is more like half the size of your “typical football roster”... BTW, it’s not “10.8” scholarships “per class”, it’s 10.8 scholarships total for the entire team at any given time.
If you are going to post at least have a reasonable grasp of facts and or reality.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #322154 03/02/21 10:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Fair point except for the fact that most, if not all, of the kids you say do not want to play college lacrosse have recruiting videos. Also the best from GC are playing college just not division one. Just face the fact that the game is spreading and being from a top HS program from Long Island is not enough to be recruited. There are other options on Long Island for college coaches. It is hard to figure out why there are so many excuses from one GC parent on why they are not able to produce division one level recruits. We have heard Covid, they don’t want to play college lacrosse, they don’t want divisIon one, they want to go to academic d3 programs even though only one is doing that, and some others. The reason is clear from the list. Other high schools, who have never really produced college level recruits are now producing multiple Division I players. These kids are taking spots of the Garden City’s of the world.


uote=Anonymous]This is great besides one fact that, based on the amount of "research" you did, not everyone wants to play lacrosse in college. When you look at the seniors playing lacrosse at say, GC, why do you not also account for the fact that the majority also play football and basketball. Why are you not disappointed that they are not playing college football, basketball, etc?
The simple fact - not every kid who plays high school lacrosse wants to play in college. The (new) simple fact - many of the schools that these kids are going to, currently, the entire college team is not playing because their school decided not to even support them playing. GC 21s have the right idea... you, on the other hand, have WAY too much time on your hands...



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
One never knows the truth so I did a little research because this topic is important for many reasons and one is NOT to bash Garden City. Numbers are numbers. It is true that lacrosse is spreading across long Island. As it appears for the Long Island Class of 2021 the D1 commits are spread out. Yes some surprise High schools have multiple D1 commits. Most are great academic and/or lacrosse colleges. Here is the list of high schools from Long Island with multiple players going on to play division 1 lacrosse for the class of 2021 (in alphabetical order and split Nassau/Suffolk):

MULTIPLE D1 COMMITS FOR THE CLASS OF 2021

NASSAU

Carey

Carle Place

Chaminade

Farmingdale

Floral Park

Kellenberg

Locust Valley

Manhasset

North Shore

Southside

Syosset


SUFFOLK

Bay Shore

Comsewogue

Harborfields

Huntington

Longwood

Mount Sinai

Shoreham- Wading River

Smithtown West

West Hampton Beach


Feel free to correct if there is an error.

No Dog in this fight but I am confused.... Why are you implying that these other schools have not produced DI lacrosse players in the past? I realize that GC has produced many and maybe not so many in the class that you seem to point at but from what I know many of the other schools that you list have produced a lot of DI players.

I do agree with the premise that "town teams" are not the best way to develop players and get them recruited.[/quote]


Great recruits can be developed anywhere. Bad recruits can come from great high schools. Just because a kid is part of a great high school team does not mean he is a great lacrosse player. It is surprising how many parents think just because one high school team is better that every kid on that team is better than every kid on the lesser team. You will see some kids from a top high school not good enough to play d1 and kids from not so great high schools go d1. You would think that is obvious but some of the top lacrosse high school parents struggle to understand this.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #322157 03/03/21 08:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
One never knows the truth so I did a little research because this topic is important for many reasons and one is NOT to bash Garden City. Numbers are numbers. It is true that lacrosse is spreading across long Island. As it appears for the Long Island Class of 2021 the D1 commits are spread out. Yes some surprise High schools have multiple D1 commits. Most are great academic and/or lacrosse colleges. Here is the list of high schools from Long Island with multiple players going on to play division 1 lacrosse for the class of 2021 (in alphabetical order and split Nassau/Suffolk):

MULTIPLE D1 COMMITS FOR THE CLASS OF 2021

NASSAU

Carey

Carle Place

Chaminade

Farmingdale

Kellenberg

Locust Valley

Manhasset

North Shore

Southside

Syosset


SUFFOLK

Bay Shore

Comsewogue

Harborfields

Huntington

Longwood

Mount Sinai

Shoreham- Wading River

Smithtown West

West Hampton Beach


Feel free to correct if there is an error.
INCORRECT. Just because FLG doesn't post a commit in their rag or TOP 1,000 list doesn't mean someone hasn't committed verbally or otherwise to playing D1 lacrosse. You missed a Nassau school who has 3 commits in the last 2 years with major colleges. Some researcher you are.

Like Reply Quote
Page 488 of 505 1 2 486 487 488 489 490 504 505
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4