Get it on Google Play
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
by Anonymous - 04/17/21 01:08 AM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous - 04/16/21 11:29 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 04/16/21 11:07 PM
Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 04/16/21 10:22 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 04/16/21 10:08 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,334
Posts288,314
Members2,275
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 212 of 286 1 2 210 211 212 213 214 285 286
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #321762 02/26/21 01:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
WSYL is supposed to be club teams whose rosters were intact prior to qualifiers.Hence the rules.. Any club having tryouts for the qualifiers not only defeats the purpose but will most definately fall short against teams with chemistry and history together. Prove me wrong

Clearly, rules are meant to be broken


You should read the rules which have been the same for years. You have always been able to add players and everyone that has been a factor has done so to some extent.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #321765 02/26/21 02:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
WSYL is supposed to be club teams whose rosters were intact prior to qualifiers.Hence the rules.. Any club having tryouts for the qualifiers not only defeats the purpose but will most definately fall short against teams with chemistry and history together. Prove me wrong

Clearly, rules are meant to be broken


You should read the rules which have been the same for years. You have always been able to add players and everyone that has been a factor has done so to some extent.

2026 parents kids and coaches would run over their own dog for picture with a worthless summer tournament trophy. I am sure there is some level of shadiness going on for WSYL somewhere. It's just a matter of who gets caught. Because this board is going to be a gem when they do. Popcorn ready

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #321766 02/26/21 02:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
4 True teams in the 2026 East qualifier.

Correct. Current teams in East Regional.....

WSYL East
Annapolis Hawks 2026
Tigers XXVI Lacrosse
Towermen Lacrosse
Madlax Monuments
VLC Black Ops
Jersey Express 2026
Building Blocks LC U13
Baltimore Breakers 2026 Blue
TRW Wolfpack
Team United 2026
True Annapolis 2026
Saltwater 2026
Tri-State 2026
True Baltimore 2026
True NJ 2026
True PA 2026
Zingos 2026 Black

It's funny to look at this list and go that's a club and they are a club team. The fact that Madlax and all VLC and also TRUE have to try and make ALL-Star teams compete is hilarious. Goes to show you who has holdbacks and who's in it for the money grab

Tigers, Towermen, Hawks, and Jersey Express - no MD team will adavcme but Hawks and they will lose early

Curious about the logic behind that prediction. They have lost to one WS team, one time in OT.

Also, from what is posted on the boards (yes, could all be BS) about Express, they have a Connecticut player or two and have searched the Island to come up with a group of 50 that they are still working on splitting up. Sounds like an attempt at an all-star team as well.

CT is within the 100-mile rule. Plus LI teams get an advantage because their school cutoff age is Dec 31 vice Aug 31 in pretty much the rest of the country, so there are some players who have been playing on the '25 teams that they bring down because they are age-eligible for WSYL (9/1).

All good. I am not saying any of it is wrong, but don't act like it's just a club team playing in the WSYL when they are adding players with a 2-hour drive, cherry-picking from other LI teams, and bring down 2025 kids (which seems interesting since 2025 is playing as well, so I assume they aren't difference makers). Also, you are wrong on the age/grade comment. Look it up. The majority of the country uses 9/1

"All children who will be 5 years old by September 1 of any given year must attend school..." So if your wanna be lacrosse-playing kid is 5 on Aug 31, they must go to school in that year. Go hit the wall.

Last edited by JesLax1; 02/26/21 02:23 PM.
Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
TheBackOfTheCage #321767 02/26/21 02:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's funny to look at this list and go that's a club and they are a club team. The fact that Madlax and all VLC and also TRUE have to try and make ALL-Star teams compete is hilarious. Goes to show you who has holdbacks and who's in it for the money grab

Tigers, Towermen, Hawks, and Jersey Express - no MD team will adavcme but Hawks and they will lose early[/quote]

Curious about the logic behind that prediction. They have lost to one WS team, one time in OT.

Also, from what is posted on the boards (yes, could all be BS) about Express, they have a Connecticut player or two and have searched the Island to come up with a group of 50 that they are still working on splitting up. Sounds like an attempt at an all-star team as well.[/quote]

CT is within the 100-mile rule. Plus LI teams get an advantage because their school cutoff age is Dec 31 vice Aug 31 in pretty much the rest of the country, so there are some players who have been playing on the '25 teams that they bring down because they are age-eligible for WSYL (9/1).[/quote]

All good. I am not saying any of it is wrong, but don't act like it's just a club team playing in the WSYL when they are adding players with a 2-hour drive, cherry-picking from other LI teams, and bring down 2025 kids (which seems interesting since 2025 is playing as well, so I assume they aren't difference makers). Also, you are wrong on the age/grade comment. Look it up. The majority of the country uses 9/1[/quote]

"All children who will be 5 years old by September 1 of any given year must attend school..." So if your wanna be lacrosse-playing kid is 5 on Aug 31, they must go to school in that year. Go hit the wall.[/quote]

Uh, I think you guys are saying the same thing. Most of the country uses 9/1

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #321768 02/26/21 02:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's funny to look at this list and go that's a club and they are a club team. The fact that Madlax and all VLC and also TRUE have to try and make ALL-Star teams compete is hilarious. Goes to show you who has holdbacks and who's in it for the money grab

Tigers, Towermen, Hawks, and Jersey Express - no MD team will adavcme but Hawks and they will lose early

Curious about the logic behind that prediction. They have lost to one WS team, one time in OT.

Also, from what is posted on the boards (yes, could all be BS) about Express, they have a Connecticut player or two and have searched the Island to come up with a group of 50 that they are still working on splitting up. Sounds like an attempt at an all-star team as well.[/quote]

CT is within the 100-mile rule. Plus LI teams get an advantage because their school cutoff age is Dec 31 vice Aug 31 in pretty much the rest of the country, so there are some players who have been playing on the '25 teams that they bring down because they are age-eligible for WSYL (9/1).[/quote]

All good. I am not saying any of it is wrong, but don't act like it's just a club team playing in the WSYL when they are adding players with a 2-hour drive, cherry-picking from other LI teams, and bring down 2025 kids (which seems interesting since 2025 is playing as well, so I assume they aren't difference makers). Also, you are wrong on the age/grade comment. Look it up. The majority of the country uses 9/1[/quote]

"All children who will be 5 years old by September 1 of any given year must attend school..." So if your wanna be lacrosse-playing kid is 5 on Aug 31, they must go to school in that year. Go hit the wall.[/quote]

Uh, I think you guys are saying the same thing. Most of the country uses 9/1[/quote]

Ugh. This is why there is grad year and not age based teams any more, because its too hard for most adults to figure out what "on or before" means rather than "by".

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #321769 02/26/21 02:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks..I'm aware of the past and literate. Not my point though. Just trying to say that the WS should be crowning an actual club champion rather than an all-star team thrown together by greedy clubs and funny dads

Last edited by JesLax1; 02/26/21 02:53 PM.
Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #321772 02/26/21 03:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thanks..I'm aware of the past and literate. Not my point though. Just trying to say that the WS should be crowning an actual club champion rather than an all-star team thrown together by greedy clubs and funny dads

Why should kids that want to play in the WSYL be punished bc their club is not playing due to kids that have reclassed? Nothing wrong with putting together a team(s) so kids on age can experience with WSYL; relax dad.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #321776 02/26/21 03:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
WSYL is supposed to be club teams whose rosters were intact prior to qualifiers.Hence the rules.. Any club having tryouts for the qualifiers not only defeats the purpose but will most definately fall short against teams with chemistry and history together. Prove me wrong

Clearly, rules are meant to be broken


You should read the rules which have been the same for years. You have always been able to add players and everyone that has been a factor has done so to some extent.

2026 parents kids and coaches would run over their own dog for picture with a worthless summer tournament trophy. I am sure there is some level of shadiness going on for WSYL somewhere. It's just a matter of who gets caught. Because this board is going to be a gem when they do. Popcorn ready


So I just registered my kid for the WSYL Qualifier and I had to upload my Drivers License to prove I live within 100 miles of Club HQ, My Sons passport to prove his age, and his School transcript - no idea why.

So I don't really see how you can cheat the system.

As for the Worthless Summer trophy, I personally know kids/families that have attended this event and they universally say its a blast. So if your son is missing out I'm sorry.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
TheBackOfTheCage #321855 02/27/21 08:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s ok dad.
Pay the money and enjoy the “experience”.
Your sons team won’t even make the qualifier.
Get your jersey, t-shirt and pay you hotel bill.
Thanks for buying my kids helmet.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #321877 02/28/21 08:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It’s ok dad.
Pay the money and enjoy the “experience”.
Your sons team won’t even make the qualifier.
Get your jersey, t-shirt and pay you hotel bill.
Thanks for buying my kids helmet.

I’m pretty sure everyone makes the qualifier genius,

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
TheBackOfTheCage #321879 02/28/21 10:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Out of all the qualifiers in the East the only Elite team entered is Hawks - can we end the holdback talk now since Crabs, Looneys, FCA, Team 91, Madlax, BLC are nowhere to be found

At least Saltwater entered

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #321885 02/28/21 12:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least Saltwater entered[/quote]

#thankful

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #321886 02/28/21 12:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Out of all the qualifiers in the East the only Elite team entered is Hawks - can we end the holdback talk now since Crabs, Looneys, FCA, Team 91, Madlax, BLC are nowhere to be found

At least Saltwater entered

Sure, Hawks have a team entered for WSYL but without their holdbacks how good are they?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #321887 02/28/21 12:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anybody hear about that new VLC Black Ops team?
No, sorry.

Rumor is they loaded up with some FCA/Looneys kids that I know are re-classed so I don’t know how that will work?? Sounds like a money grab to me.

Kids cannot register if they don't meet age requirements.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #321893 02/28/21 03:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sure, Hawks have a team entered for WSYL but without their holdbacks how good are they?[/quote]

Losing 4 out of 22 players will be tough, but I think the other 18 are up to showing what they can do. We’ll know soon enough.

Like Reply Quote
Page 212 of 286 1 2 210 211 212 213 214 285 286
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4