Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]SB looked very sharp. Score could have been much worse.

Did the superstar freshman do anything?

Yes 2 goals on 4 shots . Not bad , thanks for asking .

Would have expected more!

Different girl

What happened to all those highly touted YJ girls that went to SB?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
Anonymous #321507 02/24/21 11:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think BC USC will be a very good game BC by a couple

All depends on if BC shares the ball, can’t always depend on one player, even if it’s the best offensive player in women’s lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #321508 02/24/21 11:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there just not enough talent to go around? I know JMU shocked the lacrosse world by winning the National Championship in 2018 and Navy surprised everyone by advancing to the Final Four in 2017 but C'mon man... can we get some parity? Stony Brook has done a great job and is recognized by most as a Top 10 Program But they have not made it to Championship weekend. Virginia, Princeton, Penn, Florida, Notre Dame all Top 10 Programs but its been a while since they were in the Final Four or won a Championship. Not even sure if Notre Dame has ever gone to The Final Four. Duke has fallen off and has not been Top 20 the past few years. Penn State looks to be heading in the right direction after a couple of down years after back to back Final Four years.

You would think that with the growth of the sport it would be attracting more "Athletes" but it appears as though the same 10 - 15 teams are able to land just about all of the top players.

Michigan had a great year in 2019 but it looks like they might have taken a step back. Georgetown has fallen along with Hopkins.

I guess when you look at the Top 15 -20 Programs they cover all the bases for recruits. If you want to go out west USC and Stanford are excellent schools with competitive (although not yesterday for USC) programs. In The MidWest you obviously have Northwestern and Notre Dame. If you want warm weather and the south you have Florida, Duke and North Carolina. Big State School there is Maryland, Virginia, Penn State... Ivy you have Princeton and Penn (Dartmouth?). Northeast / New England / Boston area obviously Syracuse, Boston College (Dartmouth?) Want to stay on Long Island there is Stony Brook. Want to be in the Swamp AKA DC you have Georgetown. Hopkins is a great school with a good program if Baltimore is your thing, Loyola is right up the road and is a great fit for a lot of student athletes. Navy has become a strong program for the very special individual who wants to challenge themselves in that environment.

The top recruits can usually find their "Fit" at one of these schools... City, Country, Suburban, South, Mid-Atlantic, Northeast, New England, Med-West, West Coast, Big School, Small School etc... They all excellent schools.

Just my thoughts on why it is so difficult for other programs to attract top talent.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #321517 02/24/21 11:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
couple hundred you mean.....BC by at least 12

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #321533 02/24/21 01:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we just put the SBU freshman animonsity to bed . I get that the US team tryout selection was disgraceful and the hype machine is over the top but these are 18 year olds who honestly did not ask for all the hype. I am pretty sure the next AK is a little embarrassed with all that has gone on and how she has performed. Freshman year of college is hard enough , add in Covid and unrealistic expectations and do we really need to pile on .

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #321538 02/24/21 02:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we just put the SBU freshman animonsity to bed. I get that the US team tryout selection was disgraceful and the hype machine is over the top but these are 18-year-olds who honestly did not ask for all the hype. I am pretty sure the next AK is a little embarrassed with all that has gone on and how she has performed. Freshman year of college is hard enough, add in Covid and unrealistic expectations, and do we really need to pile on.

No, we do not. There are some fools who just can't help themselves. The bitterness and jealousy always come through.

Last edited by JesLax1; 02/24/21 02:12 PM. Reason: use of profanity, not permitted
Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #321551 02/24/21 04:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sue knock it off your embarrassing

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #321560 02/24/21 05:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You mean ponies? The horses play at UNC😂

Absolutely horses number #1 recruit and former YJ commit leading the charge for UNC

Wait. What. She committed to YJ. Didn’t know that you com-mitt to YJ. I guess that goes on YJ player bio’s also. Then a YJ player gets to commit to a college. Oh yea... so now YJ players are horses. Wow. Amazing

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #321572 02/24/21 06:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You trolls are amazing .Sorry but I would not want my kid playing with or against North. Her antics are embarrassing and its always all about her so I would not want my kid playing on the same team , that said she is very good but seems overly hyped up so I would not want my kid to play against her. There are a number of players I would take over her if you want to win big games which she has never done , players that make those around them better but can do it on their own when needed. The horses comments are ridiculous as it just a saying and the SBU ,UNC game was closer than the score but UNC clearly outplayed them .To the keyboard tough guy who thinks he knows who people are why be such a flaccid coward and speak to these people face to face as you seem to think you know who they are. I forgot you are too much of a flaccid coward to actually do that .

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #321821 02/27/21 12:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we finally stop all this Stony Brook nonsense if they played in the ACC they wouldn’t be even ranked in the top 15-20.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #321834 02/27/21 04:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we finally stop all this Stony Brook nonsense if they played in the ACC they wouldn’t be even ranked in the top 15-20.

I was definitely expecting a much different game than that!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #321837 02/27/21 04:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's pure FACT!!!
I think this Cuse loss (cuse didn't have best player either) puts them back outside the top 10.
2 games vs ACC teams and 2 losses by a combined 17 goals

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #321844 02/27/21 06:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SBU will now go beat up on their in conference teams and run up their stays and Spallina will convince inside lax that their team is top five and he has a sure fire Tewaaraton player on his team when in reality if they played in the ACC it would be obvious that neither of those things are true .

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #321851 02/27/21 08:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No question SB didn’t have their best day and SU played flawless and inspired lax today. Surprising as both play a similar defense.

SU right now is the team to beat. UNC , ND and NW very strong but SU playing as a complete team right now is stronger. The EH loss as not apparent of a big issue today is a huge loss for them. I pray the injury is not bad and she can return. Lax needs players like her.

Another note SU backer zone is forcing many shooting space calls or players to pull up on shots, which are both good results for SU. The 8M is a tough shot. Also noticed SU using the old check to bottom of stick and pulling it. The refs see it, but used all over field.

Both backers were in 3 seconds all day but refs missing it. The backer zone is awesome when 3 seconds not called.

Onto next week we go.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #321857 02/27/21 09:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony brook will be fine, they will end up in the 5-10 spot as they deserve. Until they lose to a team they should beat they won’t drop too far.
This year like last year is Cure’s year.. they are a senior/ Grad student heavy team who are battle tested and should be there at the end but They have ND and UNC still to come. a lot of lax left to play.
Hawryschuk was my tewaaraton favorite, sad to see her on crutches. It does not look promising.

Like Reply Quote
Page 30 of 61 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 60 61
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard