BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 26 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 25 26
Re: Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
its not the best of the best - they do try to spread out the girls from different areas... also its less competitive to get in the 24s than it is the 23s, because the 23s have played a year in the recruiting age and now they know they need to bulk up their accolades.

The 2024 class has some athletes who could beat out a lot of 2023 kids to be completely honest. I think the girls from Long Island who made it are crazy talented. Look at the film from the YJ, 91, and legacy kid that made it. They are obviously skilled.

Ok dad, lol!

Ha! Another mom here too.
I’ve actually looked at a bunch of girls to see what their story is and all I’ve seen so far is a bunch of clubs NOT in top 10-20. Which is fine and good for them. Not competition to lose sleep over. It’s still a good way to get film but it’s not the top! If it were the top it would be dominated by a few certain areas and Robinson doesn’t want that. He wants people from everywhere. My D did it her first eligible yr and she was only 1 of 3 in her club to even apply. The next year everyone on her team applied-why not, it’s free! I’m in Maryland.

If you aren’t on a “top 20” team (I’m assuming your going by the us club team rankings) you can still be a top player. Not every incredible athlete decides to go to the biggest name teams.

Second this. There are plently of kids not on a top 20 team who could beat out players on those other teams as an individual

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Under Armour 150. Good event to attend or no? Also, any idea how they pick the girls? Over 1500 applied for 300 spots.

Which Long Island kids made it?

From what I’ve heard from my daughter a few YJ kids, a legacy kid, and two 91 kids.

The fact that two of those 91 kids made it is impressive in my opinion. There hasn’t been a lot of representation from the club at events like this. I think the shift in this clubs growth this year is due to the coach takeover by Tilts. She was mentioned a few times, but my daughter finally worked with her this week and was blown away by her and how much she had never been taught before meeting with her. It was eye opening. It is true what they say about how a coach can really make a team.

I’m not sure if it was in this thread or another BOTC thread talking about this showcase but someone said that if you play for a top club you’ll make it. Elevate and 91 aren’t typically top clubs, but have some top players. I don’t personally think highly of Kotowski and the program, but it is further proof that talent isn’t just coming from one program on the Island.

Also just want to point out that those saying the selection process isn’t legit should find a coach that is advocating for them the way Tilts and a few Long Island coaches who seem to be changing the 2024 class. The amount of other parents considering leaving their current teams solely to play for this one coach is insane. I think that those girls making it was just another reason there’s been all this buzz.

Maybe just an opinion. Regardless, big congratulations are in order for all girls who made it even if parents are in here making it seem like it isn’t a victory. All of the kids representing Long Island should be celebrated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Under Armour 150. Good event to attend or no? Also, any idea how they pick the girls? Over 1500 applied for 300 spots.

From what I’ve heard from my daughter a few YJ kids, a legacy kid, and two 91 kids.

The fact that two of those 91 kids made it is impressive in my opinion. There hasn’t been a lot of representation from the club at events like this. I think the shift in this clubs growth this year is due to the coach takeover by Tilts. She was mentioned a few times, but my daughter finally worked with her this week and was blown away by her and how much she had never been taught before meeting with her. It was eye opening. It is true what they say about how a coach can really make a team.

I’m not sure if it was in this thread or another BOTC thread talking about this showcase but someone said that if you play for a top club you’ll make it. Elevate and 91 aren’t typically top clubs, but have some top players. I don’t personally think highly of Kotowski and the program, but it is further proof that talent isn’t just coming from one program on the Island.

Also just want to point out that those saying the selection process isn’t legit should find a coach that is advocating for them the way Tilts and a few Long Island coaches who seem to be changing the 2024 class. The amount of other parents considering leaving their current teams solely to play for this one coach is insane. I think that those girls making it was just another reason there’s been all this buzz.

Maybe just an opinion. Regardless, big congratulations are in order for all girls who made it even if parents are in here making it seem like it isn’t a victory. All of the kids representing Long Island should be celebrated.

Agreed good coaching can do wonders for kids getting chances to be seen

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take a look at the website and the 2020 rosters are still up. decide for yourself...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you have a good coach whose making you better and advocating for you the opportunities will be there.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been at this many years and you do see the strength of the these different events, strengthen and weaken through the years. This is especially true now that covid has changed so much, and hopefully changes as we go back to normal. In years past I heard Nike 120 was much better than UA 150, but Nike fell off the map. As far as the Under Armour events, the underclass games always had the very best players on the regional teams. When they introduced the UA150, most of the top players that were on the regional teams never bothered with the 150, it was always the players who did not make the underclass teams who would attend this event every year. Again with so many things odd in this covid era, maybe the better players do end up attending the 150, and even if the players are not the top players, it still offers opportunity to get seen, filmed etc...

Agree that Nike is another stellar event. It’s a great opportunity for these top players regardless. I think those who are bad mouthing the event are likely parents of kids who weren’t chosen.
NIKE 120 is a much better event. Coaches recommend players and it was legit. They do a better job. You really only need to do one. We passed on the UA150 last year...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take a look at the website and the 2020 rosters are still up. decide for yourself...

I’d say the old rosters and colleges are impressive

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can someone give me more info about Tilts and her team? We are among the families looking to switch for our daughter to play for her. Any information about her as a person, contact information, reviews, or social media info? Would love to know more about her before leaving our Jesters team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been at this many years and you do see the strength of the these different events, strengthen and weaken through the years. This is especially true now that covid has changed so much, and hopefully changes as we go back to normal. In years past I heard Nike 120 was much better than UA 150, but Nike fell off the map. As far as the Under Armour events, the underclass games always had the very best players on the regional teams. When they introduced the UA150, most of the top players that were on the regional teams never bothered with the 150, it was always the players who did not make the underclass teams who would attend this event every year. Again with so many things odd in this covid era, maybe the better players do end up attending the 150, and even if the players are not the top players, it still offers opportunity to get seen, filmed etc...

Agree that Nike is another stellar event. It’s a great opportunity for these top players regardless. I think those who are bad mouthing the event are likely parents of kids who weren’t chosen.
NIKE 120 is a much better event. Coaches recommend players and it was legit. They do a better job. You really only need to do one. We passed on the UA150 last year...

For UA you also need a coaches Rex

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can someone give me more info about Tilts and her team? We are among the families looking to switch for our daughter to play for her. Any information about her as a person, contact information, reviews, or social media info? Would love to know more about her before leaving our Jesters team.

She played for Quinnipiac and broke a bunch of school records and was ranked top 5 for a year & she played for and coaches for 91. According to her social media she didn’t start playing lacrosse until high school .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sam trains my daughter whose a 24 on another team. After this year, we are highly considering trying out for 91 only if she’s our coach. She is a teacher in Brooklyn and a really great role model for my daughter....she started coaching as a freshman in college and followed her teams through high school. Very loyal coach and person and my daughter LOVES her. If we don’t train with her every week my daughter is completely bummed. Great person.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kids who attend ended up at great programs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kids who attend ended up at great programs

That’s what I’m seeing too. I don’t think that the parents on here bad mouthing the event are any where near close to accurate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree and would add that back when kids were committing in the 9th grade many of the top players didn't have to go to this type of event (some still chose to attend). It is not like being selected to the Under Armour Senior Game and it is different from earning a spot on a UA Underclass Team but I think if you are trying to get recruited / committed it is probably worth doing if you can get selected. If your daughter is not a Top 50 type of player you have to find ways to get coaches to see her and actually look at her. Don't let the naysayers and the haters influence you, if you listen to them you will not do anything. If your daughter does get selected be sure have her let the entire coach staff at the schools she is interested in know that your will be competing at the event. Coaches want players who want to attend their school and play for their program.
Good luck to all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree and would add that back when kids were committing in the 9th grade many of the top players didn't have to go to this type of event (some still chose to attend). It is not like being selected to the Under Armour Senior Game and it is different from earning a spot on a UA Underclass Team but I think if you are trying to get recruited / committed it is probably worth doing if you can get selected. If your daughter is not a Top 50 type of player you have to find ways to get coaches to see her and actually look at her. Don't let the naysayers and the haters influence you, if you listen to them you will not do anything. If your daughter does get selected be sure have her let the entire coach staff at the schools she is interested in know that your will be competing at the event. Coaches want players who want to attend their school and play for their program.
Good luck to all.
should be doing that at every event ....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is Nike 120 happening this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe just an opinion. Regardless, big congratulations are in order for all girls who made it even if parents are in here making it seem like it isn’t a victory. All of the kids representing Long Island should be celebrated.[/quote]

Agreed good coaching can do wonders for kids getting chances to be seen[/quote]

Can someone give me more info about Tilts and her team? We are among the families looking to switch for our daughter to play for her. Any information about her as a person, contact information, reviews, or social media info? Would love to know more about her before leaving our Jesters team.[/quote]

Sam trains my daughter whose a 24 on another team. After this year, we are highly considering trying out for 91 only if she’s our coach. She is a teacher in Brooklyn and a really great role model for my daughter....she started coaching as a freshman in college and followed her teams through high school. Very loyal coach and person and my daughter LOVES her. If we don’t train with her every week my daughter is completely bummed. Great person.[/quote]

This chick seems to be 91s biggest asset right now .... I’m sure they’ll find a way to screw it up for themselves

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck to all.

If you play for a big team in a hotbed area, you should be doing all of the big HS (age) tournaments. Coaches can see you there. Or your wellness/ athletics Insta account!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Usually take a handful of the younger grade. Maybe less this year though as the 2023 class on LI seems particularly strong.

Actually got that wrong. The 2023 group is just lacking a dominate team from any club. LI has always had a team or two that could go down and handle all the MD teams. This age group does have some talented kids, just to spread out over so many programs, there is not a strong team among them. Players who could be a solid middle of the road player on the top team are leaving programs to go be the top players on lesser teams.

Except those “solid middle of the road” players who left, are better or just as good as girls that are on what I am assuming you are referring to the YJA team. You do know they have been beaten by other LI 2023 teams. The top girls on Jesters, Legacy, and TG would also be the top girls on YJ. Now, I do agree with you that if all those girls were on the same team, it would be pretty special. That is unless a daddy coach incapable of unbiased coaching gets involved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This chick seems to be 91s biggest asset right now .... I’m sure they’ll find a way to screw it up for themselves

Truer words have never been spoken on this board. Coach Tilts is excellent. 91, on the girl's side, not so much. Hopefully, Coach Tilts will eventually end up at a club that is actually invested in their girl's program. No girls "director" or coach ever stays at 91 for long.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Usually take a handful of the younger grade. Maybe less this year though as the 2023 class on LI seems particularly strong.

Actually got that wrong. The 2023 group is just lacking a dominate team from any club. LI has always had a team or two that could go down and handle all the MD teams. This age group does have some talented kids, just to spread out over so many programs, there is not a strong team among them. Players who could be a solid middle of the road player on the top team are leaving programs to go be the top players on lesser teams.

Except those “solid middle of the road” players who left, are better or just as good as girls that are on what I am assuming you are referring to the YJA team. You do know they have been beaten by other LI 2023 teams. The top girls on Jesters, Legacy, and TG would also be the top girls on YJ. Now, I do agree with you that if all those girls were on the same team, it would be pretty special. That is unless a daddy coach incapable of unbiased coaching gets involved.

Both YJ and TG have handled MD teams plenty of times. Good rivalry

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Truer words have never been spoken on this board. Coach Tilts is excellent. 91, on the girl's side, not so much. Hopefully, Coach Tilts will eventually end up at a club that is actually invested in their girl's program. No girls "director" or coach ever stays at 91 for long.

She’s been there for nine years and played for them I don’t think she’s going anywhere. The girl was offered two other club jobs and a college job and still chose 91. The girls side is doing much better and I’d imagine her loyalty would only stretch so far if they weren’t working with her in a way she appreciated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She’s been there for nine years and played for them I don’t think she’s going anywhere. The girl was offered two other club jobs and a college job and still chose 91. The girls side is doing much better and I’d imagine her loyalty would only stretch so far if they weren’t working with her in a way she appreciated.

I’m sure eventually she’d want to leave to grow in her career, no?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have spoken to a lot of other parents who plan to send their kids to 91 tryouts. Any parents on here who have kids on this team that can tell me our likelihood of making the team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have spoken to a lot of other parents who plan to send their kids to 91 tryouts. Any parents on here who have kids on this team that can tell me our likelihood of making the team?

Not sure how you expect anybody to answer this about your anonymous daughter - unless you're looking for feedback on how loyal they are to returning girls or if they know of any girls who aren't returning and will therefore leave open spots.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure how you expect anybody to answer this about your anonymous daughter - unless you're looking for feedback on how loyal they are to returning girls or if they know of any girls who aren't returning and will therefore leave open spots.

Very fair. I guess I don’t know what exactly I’m asking but I’ll try and rephrase. I think I’m more so asking how picky the coach is with who they bring in? Like is he/she willing to see new players or are they completely closed off from giving other kids a chance? Do they have more than one team for the age group? Do the girls plan to all return?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coach is extremely loyal to the kids and the kids are equally as loyal to her. Many parents have spoken to one another and will play anywhere our coach is. She has made it clear that kids who try our get a fair shot because nothing in life in handed to us and she reiterates it to the kids that sports teams are another “life lesson” as she calls them. I don’t think there is a clear cut answering without knowing your daughters skill level, but again she is fair but also know that our kids don’t plan to take their foot off the gas pedal. We love the program and hope kids try out. If they are skilled they deserve a chance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very fair. I guess I don’t know what exactly I’m asking but I’ll try and rephrase. I think I’m more so asking how picky the coach is with who they bring in? Like is he/she willing to see new players or are they completely closed off from giving other kids a chance? Do they have more than one team for the age group? Do the girls plan to all return?

Coach refuses to leave the kids under any circumstances and is respected by the program. My intel on this team is that these kids have no interest in leaving no matter how hard other teams push to poach their top kids. The program will add as many teams as they are able to based on what I see at younger grade levels.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only one team at this age group. There are also no teams at all at either the 2023 or 2025 level so they can't combine grades to make combo teams or anything. Possible they would just expand the roster or maybe some girls will leave (although obviously from this thread the parents seem very committed).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only one team at this age group. There are also no teams at all at either the 2023 or 2025 level so they can't combine grades to make combo teams or anything. Possible they would just expand the roster or maybe some girls will leave (although obviously from this thread the parents seem very committed).

91 bought the bandits so they will have a 23 and 25 team as well as 3 2024 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 bought the bandits so they will have a 23 and 25 team as well as 3 2024 teams.

Are any of the Brookhaven Bandit teams competitive that they bring over?? Who do you compare the 23 team to locally? My guess is they would be like a YJ C team, but I honestly don't know who they are and who they have played?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do they really plan to merge them? That will be very difficult. I thought at least short term each was going to continue operating seperately with their own brands, tryouts, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9D1 had one of the best 25 teams locally and nationally a few years back, but a few of their best players got poached by yellow jackets and the team fell apart and no longer exists.

Tilts sound talented so I expect the same will happen because the organization doesn’t care about girls lacrosse and is a disservice to her players.

Also, let’s be clear and with all due respect to her efforts but her team would lose to theYJB team by 10.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is “investing” on the girls side. The girls for last 2 years have same exact winter academy as the boys. They have a few competitive grades and if they keep at it will only get better. Not everyone wants to play for YJ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is “investing” on the girls side. The girls for last 2 years have same exact winter academy as the boys. They have a few competitive grades and if they keep at it will only get better. Not everyone wants to play for YJ

Thanks Brian!

And why did you do that , because of your daughter and her fiends? Daddy coaches are one thing, but a Daddy owner?

Run away, they don’t have a single team that could compete with a YJ B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9D1 had one of the best 25 teams locally and nationally a few years back, but a few of their best players got poached by yellow jackets and the team fell apart and no longer exists.

Tilts sound talented so I expect the same will happen because the organization doesn’t care about girls lacrosse and is a disservice to her players.

Also, let’s be clear and with all due respect to her efforts but her team would lose to theYJB team by 10.

91 never had a competitive 2025 team. That was YJ Spallina and 91 2025 wasn’t in the same ballpark. Not even YJ B.

I also detest the whole poaching concept, if the league and the coach are offering an environment where the kids are growing and developing, no one leaves. Case and point, Tilts. All other examples are parents who have FOMO and jump ship. New coaches see that from a mile away, especially if you’ve done that more that once. It’s usually the parents who thinks Suzie is better than she is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 never had a competitive 2025 team. That was YJ Spallina and 91 2025 wasn’t in the same ballpark. Not even YJ B.

I also detest the whole poaching concept, if the league and the coach are offering an environment where the kids are growing and developing, no one leaves. Case and point, Tilts. All other examples are parents who have FOMO and jump ship. New coaches see that from a mile away, especially if you’ve done that more that once. It’s usually the parents who thinks Suzie is better than she is.

I don’t think any of these kids are leaving from what I’ve heard about this coach and changes to the program. contrary to popular belief, this team does have talent and the top players are clearly happy. Like the previous comment says, kids who jump ship at this point probably think the grass is greener and will surely be in for a rude awakening. Kudos to 91 for supporting this coach and her kids. While my kid isn’t on this team, as a parent whose kid is not part of yellow jackets it’s nice to see support for other programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are any of the Brookhaven Bandit teams competitive that they bring over?? Who do you compare the 23 team to locally? My guess is they would be like a YJ C team, but I honestly don't know who they are and who they have played?

If I was a bandit parent I’d be jumping for joy to move to 91. It’s clearly a better established organization. This group is for 24 players, so if I was a bandits parent on her I’d jump ship from the 24 bandits mommy and daddy run team and see if 91 has any open spots before the end of summer. At the very least they’ll end up on a team with a coach who has a very good reputation and a program that will back their coaches over anyone new coming in I’d imagine

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re going to have some competition as I’ve spoken to parents from Jesters, YJ, and Top Guns who also plan to have their kids tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re going to have some competition as I’ve spoken to parents from Jesters, YJ, and Top Guns who also plan to have their kids tryout.

I hope some YJ leave. Our roster of 28 is a bit much

Page 9 of 26 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard