BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 37 of 73 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 72 73
Re: Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No laxachusetts?

Too old. Maybe they entered the u14 one

Too old for the World Series, but will show up 2 weeks later for the grade based NLF champs which they won in 2019

How many holdbacks? Half?

I don't believe it has as much to do with holdbacks as it does with what age they are in 7th grade. Because the kids are several months older in 7th grade they wouldn't qualify for the WS even though they actually graduate in 2026. As far as how many "holdbacks" they have that would be on 2025 in other states I don't know that answer.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No laxachusetts?

Too old. Maybe they entered the u14 one

Too old for the World Series, but will show up 2 weeks later for the grade based NLF champs which they won in 2019

How many holdbacks? Half?

Have a 2023 oldest son. Holdbackachusetts has never entered because usually 75% of their players aren't on age. That program started doing that about 5 years ago to compete with LI. A decent amount of their players in that system actually are on-age for school but play down for lacrosse because they intend to do a PG year or repeat when they get to HS. So they have players right now in classes set to graduate in 2025 but play 2026 lax. It's normal for them and not looked down on. Well, by them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why the surprise about Rebels ?

Because in speaking with some of the families, I believe they thought they'd be attending.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont bet on it this year...an Upstate team will win it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express North is top dog!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I certainly can see Sweetlax beating Express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who has Express beat already this winter and scores?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop living in the past.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop living in the past.

Express has won both games against Sweetlax the past 2 times but they were both extremely close and could have easily swung the other way. Both very good teams. I don't know how the brackets work but if they don't have to face each other prior to the finals then that's who I see being in it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL 2019 had 7 teams qualify for the series..just sayin

You are correct. 7 teams qualified in 2019. And if I recall correctly there were 6 teams from the North in 2018 that qualified.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop living in the past.

Express has won both games against Sweetlax the past 2 times but they were both extremely close and could have easily swung the other way. Both very good teams. I don't know how the brackets work but if they don't have to face each other prior to the finals then that's who I see being in it.

Do all the Sweetlax players from the summer meet the age requirement? That is a legitimate question. I am just wondering if the same team will be at WS. LI Express kids are all on age I believe.

Should be a good match up if the same teams show up from Fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
express north too many holdbacks --they cant compete--

i couldnt imagine telling my son hey your not big enough, fast enough, or good enough to compete with kids your own age so your staying back- doesnt matter what kind of student you are, youre just not good enough. You're staying back and playing with the little kids. But dont worry they wont make fun of you (to your face) because your bigger than they are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
express north too many holdbacks --they cant compete--

i couldnt imagine telling my son hey your not big enough, fast enough, or good enough to compete with kids your own age so your staying back- doesnt matter what kind of student you are, youre just not good enough. You're staying back and playing with the little kids. But dont worry they wont make fun of you (to your face) because your bigger than they are.

Express North was pounding chest how they are best but now best players not playing the world series.....that guy clarify please?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop living in the past.

Do all the Sweetlax players from the summer meet the age requirement? That is a legitimate question. I am just wondering if the same team will be at WS. LI Express kids are all on age I believe.

Should be a good match up if the same teams show up from Fall.

LI Express has so many kids on age that they’re sending 2 teams. Fact. Every single kid on their 2026 teams are on age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LIE has played games against who recently....calling baloney?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who has Express beat already this winter and scores?[/quote]

Stop living in the past.[/quote]

Express has won both games against Sweetlax the past 2 times but they were both extremely close and could have easily swung the other way. Both very good teams. I don't know how the brackets work but if they don't have to face each other prior to the finals then that's who I see being in it.[/quote]

Should be a good match up if the same teams show up from Fall.[/quote]

LI Express has so many kids on age that they’re sending 2 teams. Fact. Every single kid on their 2026 teams are on age.[/quote]

So one good team and another for advertising ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is just sending the B team just to make the parents happy! Happy parent equals more money. Have they even won a game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
pounding his chest for the summer.. they cant field a team for WSYL. too many older kids. I guess they'll be able to brag when they beat the WSYL winner this summer with their 14 yr olds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LIE has played games against who recently....calling baloney?

On snow covered fields?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a standby list for 2026 north qualifier also

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop living in the past.[/quote]

Express has won both games against Sweetlax the past 2 times but they were both extremely close and could have easily swung the other way. Both very good teams. I don't know how the brackets work but if they don't have to face each other prior to the finals then that's who I see being in it.[/quote]

Should be a good match up if the same teams show up from Fall.[/quote]

LI Express has so many kids on age that they’re sending 2 teams. Fact. Every single kid on their 2026 teams are on age.[/quote]

So one good team and another for advertising ?[/quote]

It isnt hard to find on age 2026 lacrosse players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is just sending the B team just to make the parents happy! Happy parent equals more money. Have they even won a game?

So what if they are? The kids still get a great experience!
Yes they have won games.
Why does it bother you or anyone else that they send 2 teams. Last I checked, no one was fundraising for the poor kids on Express to attend the WSYL qualifiers. Is it because you're afraid they'll have an advantage? If not, then you and others like you, seem to care an awful lot about "b" kids, that have no impact on your elite lacrosse kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes they have won games.
Why does it bother you or anyone else that they send 2 teams. Last I checked, no one was fundraising for the poor kids on Express to attend the WSYL qualifiers. Is it because you're afraid they'll have an advantage? If not, then you and others like you, seem to care an awful lot about "b" kids, that have no impact on your elite lacrosse kid.

I'm sure the long time Express kids that were bumped to the B team will enjoy losing at the qualifiers and watching their buddys in the summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes they have won games.

I'm sure the long time Express kids that were bumped to the B team will enjoy losing at the qualifiers and watching their buddys in the summer.

This isn’t the first time express or 91 has sent multiple teams to the qualifiers OR the championship series. Both have done this multiple times. Why do parents care so much about these teams. Jealousy...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is just sending the B team just to make the parents happy! Happy parent equals more money. Have they ever won a game?

Yes, they have won games.
Why does it bother you or anyone else that they send 2 teams? Last I checked, no one was fundraising for the poor kids on Express to attend the WSYL qualifiers. Is it because you're afraid they'll have an advantage? If not, then you and others like you, seem to care an awful lot about "b" kids, that have no impact on your elite lacrosse kid.

I'm sure the long-time Express kids that were bumped to the B team will enjoy losing at the qualifiers and watching their buddies in the summer.

This has to be the funniest reply. At least they have a chance to play. I'm sure if they were moved to another team, their playing time was minimal on the first team. Not EVERYONE can win!

Last edited by JesLax1; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes they have won games.

This isn’t the first time express or 91 has sent multiple teams to the qualifiers OR the championship series. Both have done this multiple times. Why do parents care so much about these teams. Jealousy...

You think that B team has a shot at top 7?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes they have won games.

Any team can be beat on any day.
Forget that and your A team will be the one going home.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes they have won games.

Any team can be beat on any day.
Forget that and your A team will be the one going home.

How many kids that were on the Express A team last year got bumped to B to make new for the newbies?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
saw this East Qualifier list on the Mid Atlantic board -

Annapolis Hawks 2026
Tigers XXVI Lacrosse
Towermen Lacrosse
Madlax Monuments
VLC Black Ops
Jersey Express 2026
Building Blocks LC U13
Baltimore Breakers 2026 Blue
TRW Wolfpack
Team United 2026
True Annapolis 2026
Saltwater 2026
Tri-State 2026
True Baltimore 2026
True NJ 2026
True PA 2026
Zingos 2026 Black

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They played during school vacation week. You spies are really slipping!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes they have won games.

I assume tournament won't let express put A team players into B games when B losing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
saw this East Qualifier list on the Mid Atlantic board -

Annapolis Hawks 2026
Tigers XXVI Lacrosse
Towermen Lacrosse
Madlax Monuments
VLC Black Ops
Jersey Express 2026
Building Blocks LC U13
Baltimore Breakers 2026 Blue
TRW Wolfpack
Team United 2026
True Annapolis 2026
Saltwater 2026
Tri-State 2026
True Baltimore 2026
True NJ 2026
True PA 2026
Zingos 2026 Black

Guess the Hawks talk of playing in it was true. We'll soon see what version of the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes they have won games.

As I understand it, they had more than 25 on their roster coming into this season. Those parents knew there was a chance their kid might not go with the top team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pay all the money to go to a 1 day qualifier and your kid leaves sad not advancing to the WSYL....doesn’t sound that good to me...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pay all the money to go to a 1 day qualifier and your kid leaves sad not advancing to the WSYL....doesn’t sound that good to me...

I would think that the program is covering the cost and it's not an additional cost. I know my sons team works this way. If that's the case its the same thing as going to a regular tournament and playing a few games and leaving. Except the teams are hopefully all very competitive at this event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express brought 33 kids to a scrimmage a few weeks ago. No joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes they have won games.

As I understand it, they had more than 25 on their roster coming into this season. Those parents knew there was a chance their kid might not go with the top team.

Yes, but there is hope that might not happen and if they attend enough trainings their sons skills will be recognized and he will get bumped up the depth chart. Yes, parents actually believe this instead of just accepting the spot where their son belongs. And let things just progress over time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express brought 33 kids to a scrimmage a few weeks ago. No joke.

what scrimmage & what are results?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would think that the program is covering the cost and it's not an additional cost. I know my sons team works this way. If that's the case its the same thing as going to a regular tournament and playing a few games and leaving. Except the teams are hopefully all very competitive at this event.

I guess. The b team isn't playing together for the rest of the summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% agree , A team B team who cares , challenging your kid to play as opposed to playing for dad or dads friends , a supposed A team that’s a b team anyway ..i give Express B kids credit and parents credit . Playing for the head coach at arguably the best lax high school on LI ..Great coaching great organization and still playing in World Series

Page 37 of 73 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard