BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 28 1 2 26 27 28
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled?
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
And I found this on one of these crooks- and after you read this you will see this is meant literally-

http://www.courts.state.ny.us/Reporter/pdfs/2005/2005_30156.pdf
And I found this on one of these crooks- and after you read this you will see this is meant literally-

OK- let me restate- not accusing anyone of being an actual crook. That is overstating things- but it is advisable to google search and see what is out there regarding the people you are doing business with.
Dave Kotowski? Really??

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
looking at the different trending threads it reads like these coaches were all yanked from a 70s song.

drunks (TG) , tramps (YJ), and thieves (elevate)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our director (well established and “reputable” program) charge full price for 2020 season but most trams went to one tournament, the rest went to none.

So this guy got all of his revenue for the year upfront, but then didnt have to spend a dine in tournament fees or travel.

It was the BEST year he ever had.

Former Wall Street guy. He figured out it was more profitable and easier to fleece parents than investors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
looking at the different trending threads it reads like these coaches were all yanked from a 70s song.

drunks (TG) , tramps (YJ), and thieves (elevate)

The owners are nuts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our director (well established and “reputable” program) charge full price for 2020 season but most trams went to one tournament, the rest went to none.

So this guy got all of his revenue for the year upfront, but then didnt have to spend a dine in tournament fees or travel.

Former Wall Street guy. He figured out it was more profitable and easier to fleece parents than investors.

So what you're saying is you play for the crook Kotowski?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True blue did the same exact thing. One tournament and zero refunds or credits and in return lost a lot of their top starters at all grade levels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True blue did the same exact thing. One tournament and zero refunds or credits and in return lost a lot of their top starters at all grade levels.
Most clubs did the same thing last season, "play dates". NO REFUNDS. They all claimed loss of entry fees. Clubs didn't demand refunds on tournament fees because they are all in on it. I agree best year they had. Until this year when they brought everyone back at same price and added players. The added players more then made of for their non existent losses of last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They're all crooks in their own way. He just actually broke the law. The shame is we let them get away with it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They're all crooks in their own way. He just actually broke the law. The shame is we let them get away with it.

True blue didn’t even do play days. They provided minimal practices with nothing in return. All The directors got richer as we all stayed like stunads because there were minimal try outs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These guy have the perfect formula. For every customer who figures it out, is pissed and leaves (many never get to that last step because they have visions of Ivy bumper stickers that they just can’t give up)....
...there is a new crop of parents starstruck by junior’s immense ability, who believe the current state of their team is holding them back.
It renews itself every spring, and the Directors never have to face the music.
Brilliant and disgusting at the same time.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These guy have the perfect formula. For every customer who figures it out, is pissed and leaves (many never get to that last step because they have visions of Ivy bumper stickers that they just can’t give up)....
...there is a new crop of parents starstruck by junior’s immense ability, who believe the current state of their team is holding them back.

Perfectly stated! Just wish they'd all fold now that we saw that plenty of 22's committed without all the bs tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Perfectly stated! Just wish they'd all fold now that we saw that plenty of 22's committed without all the bs tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fold beginning with some of these incredibly greedy and unscrupulous girls programs.

I have seen boys and girls, and the directors at the girls score far higher on greed. From what they did summer 2020 to their “pass the hat and put in your envelope” practices now (how can they not be included in the “tuition”?!?!)

They are a special group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been considering having my lawyer brother in law suit the garbage out of this guy, to get money paid (like 3,000) for a product not provided.

Waste of time?

I would even be happy to simply run up a legal bill for this guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been considering having my lawyer brother in law suit the garbage out of this guy, to get money paid (like 3,000) for a product not provided.

Waste of time?

I would even be happy to simply run up a legal bill for this guy.

So go ahead and do it if it will make you feel better.

I can't believe this is still a topic. We're 11 months into this. So you got ripped off last spring/summer.....But you went right back and signed up to shell out another $3K (most likely more) for this season.

"It's immoral to let a sucker keep his money"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe I am one of the rare ones, but I did not reup. With him or anyone else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It stinks when you feel like you got ripped off, I get it, but he is right. Time to let it go. Stop with my brother is a lawyer, you lost a couple grand. You didn’t lose 10 million bucks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It stinks when you feel like you got ripped off, I get it, but he is right. Time to let it go. Stop with my brother is a lawyer, you lost a couple grand. You didn’t lose 10 million bucks.
That's how they get away with it. A couple grand x 100 people adds up quickly. Also a couple grand to a family struggling right now IS a big deal, bigshot. I plan to file in small claims.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I went on a vacation once. The place was terrible. The restaurants were terrible. Just not a good vacation at all. 4 families. Cost a nice chunk of change. Big waste of money. The answer is we didn’t go back. We will never go back. Your not happy with a club team. Don’t go back. Good luck with your small claims court thing. Tells us in a few months how that worked out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Resort provided a product that wasnt to your liking.

This guy didnt provide a product.

He didnt bring the girls to bad tournaments. He didnt bring them to tournaments.

Took, the money, but didnt spend it on tournaments.
Its called fraud.

I know, I know. Move on. Dont do it again. I wont but it stinks. Daughter loved playing, but I cant bring myself to pay this guy money when he basically ripped us and so many others off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Resort provided a product that wasnt to your liking.

This guy didnt provide a product.

He didnt bring the girls to bad tournaments. He didnt bring them to tournaments.

Took, the money, but didnt spend it on tournaments.
Its called fraud.

I know, I know. Move on. Dont do it again. I wont but it stinks. Daughter loved playing, but I cant bring myself to pay this guy money when he basically ripped us and so many others off.

Try the irs anonymous report form. I’m sure he doesn’t declare all of those $40 cash envelopes. Might not amount to anything but it will keep him busy with paper work for a while.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year was a bust, like many people I don't think we got the value for what was paid. However I was happy with the outcome for my daughter. Her club chose not to travel for most tournaments over summer, we did play a few this Fall. There were plenty of training and practices held, with a few scrimmages. Was this worth full tuition, no but the girls still maintained their team, families were kept safe, and this year tuition was reduced by 20% for the year. Training is on-going, and I am not handing out envelopes for every nice day that the coach wants a pad his pocket to fuel whatever habits he has. Played Elevate 1 year and ran away, program is just sickening extra practice bring $40 in envelope, parents or coach try to run one on their own with a group of girls, they have to hide it or feel the wrath of Dave if he doesn't get his cut. I remember the first few extra practices were $20, then $30, then $40. This was on purpose who wants to tell their daughter no when all her friends are going. Not to mention your tuition doesn't cover anything, somehow things like a jersey aren't included.

Happy with my club, and can only hope that word spreads so thieves like Elevate don't proliferate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year was a bust, like many people I don't think we got the value for what was paid. However I was happy with the outcome for my daughter. Her club chose not to travel for most tournaments over summer, we did play a few this Fall. There were plenty of training and practices held, with a few scrimmages. Was this worth full tuition, no but the girls still maintained their team, families were kept safe, and this year tuition was reduced by 20% for the year. Training is on-going, and I am not handing out envelopes for every nice day that the coach wants a pad his pocket to fuel whatever habits he has. Played Elevate 1 year and ran away, program is just sickening extra practice bring $40 in envelope, parents or coach try to run one on their own with a group of girls, they have to hide it or feel the wrath of Dave if he doesn't get his cut. I remember the first few extra practices were $20, then $30, then $40. This was on purpose who wants to tell their daughter no when all her friends are going. Not to mention your tuition doesn't cover anything, somehow things like a jersey aren't included.

Happy with my club, and can only hope that word spreads so thieves like Elevate don't proliferate.

They're all the same. He's just more blunt about it and hits you over the head with most of the cost at once. Other clubs bleed you dry at a slower pace. I'm ready to give my kids coach my venmo password. Save me some time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I second complaint about Kotowski at Elevate. You are a good coach and runs a great practice but he milks you for every penny he can get. How “extra” packages aren't included in his exorbitant tuition is mind-boggling.

He is a master marketer touting the “commitments” and plastering them all over social media- but its BS. He has very little to do with their success.

Stay away from this one. As previous posts indicate, he has been in some questionable situations in the past.

And yes- he made a small fortune last year. Pocketed FULL revenue via tuition installments, but shelled out very little.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I had an interesting conversation with Kotowski when my kid played for him. He bemoaned some of the terrible parents, how they were ruining the game he loved. And how it had gotten progressively worse.

Is it a coincidence this happened during the same time you monetized the game you love and turned it into a business that funds your life? Are they parents, or customers who speak up when the product is subpar or falsely advertised.

I am sick of this guy staking out the moral high ground, the defender of old school values. He never turns down an opportunity to add another kid to an already bloated rosyer, or to stuff his tax free extra practice envelope. Do a small bit of research to see how badly he screwed people on Wall Street (public record).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I had an interesting conversation with Kotowski when my kid played for him. He bemoaned some of the terrible parents, how they were ruining the game he loved. And how it had gotten progressively worse.

Is it a coincidence this happened during the same time you monetized the game you love and turned it into a business that funds your life? Are they parents, or customers who speak up when the product is subpar or falsely advertised.

I am sick of this guy staking out the moral high ground, the defender of old school values. He never turns down an opportunity to add another kid to an already bloated rosyer, or to stuff his tax free extra practice envelope. Do a small bit of research to see how badly he screwed people on Wall Street (public record).

Wow! And they're letting him be an Under Amour coach? That should be fun

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its just another way to build the brand = $$$$

He ought to be careful. The whole thing could blow ip in his face.

Like Reply Quote
Page 28 of 28 1 2 26 27 28
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard