BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 59 of 70 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 69 70
Re: Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (HoCo)
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My guess is only Hawks get 2 (26 and 29). 91 wins 25, Madlax wins 27, NL gets 28, and don’t have any kids or friends with kids at 30. Maybe BLC?

But Madlax could easily end up with a lot more if things break well for them in the playoffs

Can Madlax include their players who play on their Capital teams that live out of state on their roster for HoCo? For instance they have a FL and NC kid on their 2025 Capital Roster.

What is with all the smoke and mirrors in youth lax. Capital team, egional team National team. When you compete with kids brought from all over the place on a local level it is worse then holdbacks. Show up with what you got.

It's not that big a deal and different sports do it all the time across the country. We planned a vacation last summer and reached out to the local teams to see if he could play while we were there. Several said no problem and happy they could help.

That's the last thing I am thinking about on a vacation.

That's the reason your son wont go D1.

What quality team is taking some vacationing kid on for a tournament?

Any mid-roster player in elite or aaa in this area is immediately one of the top players on just about any roster in the country. The tournament dates for that team didn't match up with the vacation but our kid got to go to a few practices and had a blast. Sweetlax.

This story keeps getting more strange. A DC/Baltimore family goes on vacation to fly-over country and asks if their mid-roster son can drop in on a random, inferior team's practice to use it like a free clinic? And this proves he is on track to be a division 1 player. Okay, got it. And that's relevant to the original discussion of MadLax flying in kids for HoCo games how?

I guess that one week out of 52 in a year that I let my son vacation and not go to lax practice is going to cost him that sweet sweet D1 ride for lax! Take a stick and have a catch on the beach or wherever you go. If you are making your kid go to practice when you take him on vacation I think I speak for everyone here when I say. Get a life.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]I guess that one week out of 52 in a year that I let my son vacation and not go to lax practice is going to cost him that sweet sweet D1 ride for lax! Take a stick and have a catch on the beach or wherever you go. If you are making your kid go to practice when you take him on vacation I think I speak for everyone here when I say. Get a life.[quote]

That's because your kid stinks at lacrosse and rides the bench. You shouldn't force the kid to bring his stick when he obviously isn't any good. The pp said the kid went to a couple of practices and had a blast.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess that one week out of 52 in a year that I let my son vacation and not go to lax practice is going to cost him that sweet sweet D1 ride for lax! Take a stick and have a catch on the beach or wherever you go. If you are making your kid go to practice when you take him on vacation I think I speak for everyone here when I say. Get a life.

That's because your kid stinks at lacrosse and rides the bench. You shouldn't force the kid to bring his stick when he obviously isn't any good. The pp said the kid went to a couple of practices and had a blast.

His kid is scared to tell him differently.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This story keeps getting more strange. A DC/Baltimore family goes on vacation to fly-over country and asks if their mid-roster son can drop in on a random, inferior team's practice to use it like a free clinic? And this proves he is on track to be a division 1 player. Okay, got it. And that's relevant to the original discussion of MadLax flying in kids for HoCo games how?

Your son obviously does not have what it takes to play D1. Maybe Baseball ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I recall talking to a Midwest family who's kid was playing in MD for a "National" team. They said their Summers are an extended East Coast road trip. The kid plays for various teams and coming out to the East he is able to play a lot of tournaments against better competition.

Now this scenario makes actual sense. A good player from a top HOCO team (assuming, since the kid is going D1) going to where there is lesser talent just to practice with them while on his family vacation does not. Clear only child being raised by an only child dad.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I recall talking to a Midwest family who's kid was playing in MD for a "National" team. They said their Summers are an extended East Coast road trip. The kid plays for various teams and coming out to the East he is able to play a lot of tournaments against better competition.

Now this scenario makes actual sense. A good player from a top HOCO team (assuming, since the kid is going D1) going to where there is lesser talent just to practice with them while on his family vacation does not. Clear only child being raised by an only child dad.

I think the other scenario makes a ton more sense and you're not going to criticize a midwest family for basing their whole summer around lax. And the pp said the kid played for Sweetlax, not some HoCo team in the B division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares. Is HoCo going to have the bleachers open?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a lot of registrations yet for 2026. Are teams waiting until the last possible day to commit the $1,800 registration fee?

Status of 2026 Registration:

Elite 18 openings remaining
AAA 16 openings remaining
AA 16 openings remaining
A 17 openings remaining
B 19 openings remaining

Can you clarify what this means? "18 openings remaining" for 2026 Elite---that can't possibly mean an 18-team elite division?

Clearly there must be a mistake. No way they allow any B leagues. The breakdown must be:
Super Elite
Elite
AAA
AA
A

Lots of Lax Dads will be happy with the thought of this. Their kids were just promoted!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the other scenario makes a ton more sense and you're not going to criticize a midwest family for basing their whole summer around lax. And the pp said the kid played for Sweetlax, not some HoCo team in the B division.

That's what I meant, the midwest kid story makes sense. I assume sweetlax Florida. Unless he's vacationing in Rochester.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares. Is HoCo going to have the bleachers open?

Not yet according to guidelines posted on site.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw this. This league is running on opposite days, in place of Koopers League https://www.facebook.com/Creaselacrossemd/posts/789300338353994

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was from 8 months ago.

Don't know if they will finally get their collective heads out of their @###$ for the Spring, but let's hope.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw this. This league is running on opposite days, in place of Koopers League https://www.facebook.com/Creaselacrossemd/posts/789300338353994

Looks like a "B" level facility in the middle of nowhere, for "B" level teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When is the HoCo schedule coming out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They usually come out on Sunday or Monday before the season starts, so that would be 3/14 or 3/15.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't know if they will finally get their collective heads out of their @###$ for the Spring, but let's hope.

Hopefully. Closing them makes no sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Howard County makes no sense. So don’t be surprised if they remain closed and parents are forced to stand shoulder to shoulder along fence lines. Brilliant, Howard County Parks&Rec, well thought out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Howard County makes no sense. So don’t be surprised if they remain closed and parents are forced to stand shoulder to shoulder along fence lines. Brilliant, Howard County Parks&Rec, well thought out.

Why not be grateful we are playing and having a season instead of being a stunad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why not be grateful we are playing and having a season instead of being a stunad

How dare you question authority!?!?

One more word and we'll take away the season!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HoCo registration ended 15 Feb. If the default openings was set to 24, then this is how many teams registered - looks like everyone is anxious to get back to playing soon:

2026 Elite: 8
2026 AAA: 9
2026 AA: 10
2026 A: 9
2026 B: 7

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you post 2025 numbers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HoCo registration ended 15 Feb. If the default openings was set to 24, then this is how many teams registered - looks like everyone is anxious to get back to playing soon:

2026 Elite: 8
2026 AAA: 9
2026 AA: 10
2026 A: 9
2026 B: 7
Awesome sauce

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2025 Elite: 8
2025 AAA: 10
2025 AA: 7
2025 A: 9
2025 B: 6

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like a "B" level facility in the middle of nowhere, for "B" level teams.

I was going to say expensive but Koopers was about the same in terms of individual player costs. gosh, maybe US lax should actually run something for all that talk of growing the game!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe Crease lacrosse is Zingos. Zingos' box team is named Crease.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are teams able to choose what div they play in? Who makes the call when you need an even number and teams are evenly matched?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are teams able to choose what div they play in? Who makes the call when you need an even number and teams are evenly matched?

Teams make a request but there is a Competition Committee that decides what division a team is assigned to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Zingos/Crease is trash from top to bottom.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Zingos/Crease is trash from top to bottom.
Zingos might be, but my son played on a Crease team last year and Crease is pulls from different clubs. We couldn't do it this year because of wrestling, but he plays in the Crease high school league. They do a decent job running their programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks whoever posted this. Would it be too much to ask which teams are in what division? Predictions anyone? 😂

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]Would it be too much to ask which teams are in what division? Predictions anyone? 😂[/quote]

That information has been made available yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks whoever posted this. Would it be too much to ask which teams are in what division? Predictions anyone? 😂

Based on where teams played in 2019 Spring season, head-to-head wins in the Fall 2020 tournaments, and USCL Fall 2020 rankings this is one possibility. Note that * = programs are not confirmed as having a 2025 team. Additional criteria was to make even number teams in each division, and of course applying the WAG principle.

2025 Elite

Team & USCL Rank [Fall Record] and H2H Wins Other USCL Top 100 Wins
#1 Team 91 MD [7-0] #9 FCA, Madlax Capital, #15 DC Express Black #7 Sweetlax FL, #22 Thunder LB3 Blue, #25 NXT Black, #39 West Coast Starz Gold,
#5 Annapolis Hawks [4-0-1] #22 Thunder LB3 Blue, #25 ADVNC, #27 Denver Elite Silver, #39 West Coast Starz Gold
#4 Madlax Capital [11-2] MD Roughriders, #14 Next Level Blue, #37 Crabs, VLC
#15 DC Express Black [11-3] #4 Team 91 LI, #11 Crabs #24 Texas Mustangs, #34 True Atlantic, #40 Leading Edge, #53 Texas Oilers, #62 Richmond Hawks - Lyness
#9 FCA [8-1-1] #37 Crabs #20 Team Ten, #22 Thunder LB3 Blue, #26 True Midwest, #39 West Coast Starz Gold, #40 Leading Edge, #62 Richmond Hawks - Lyness, #92 Top Caliber
#14 Next Level Blue [9-3] Kooper's, DC Express Black, Looney's, True Annapolis Green #24 Texas Mustangs, #40 Leading Edge, #53 Texas Oilers
Cannons Select Gold [4-0] True Annapolis White
#12 True Annapolis Green [8-1] #37 Crabs, VLC #55 Omnia, #18 West Coast Starz Navy, #91 True PA Black, #52 True Pittsburgh,

2025 AAA
#37 Crabs [2-4] Looney's #92 Top Caliber
#28 Zingos [7-1-1] #60 PLC Gold #30 Orange Crush, #31 Brotherly Love, #72 Philly Freedom Red, #85 Tri-State, #88 Rising Sons Navy
AYLC Bay Raiders [3-0] True Baltimore
#50 VLC [3-6] Looney's
Cavalier []
*Sidewinders Black []
*Greene Turtle []
*FLC []

2025 AA
#60 PLC Gold [2-5] #44 Mad Dog
#84 Team Maryland LC [4-2] #62 Richmond Hawks - Lyness, #89 Southshore
#92 Top Caliber [6-3] #28 Zingos Black
True Baltimore [1-2]
South River []
HLC []
Breakers Blue []
Looney's [0-6-1]

2025 A
#58 Koopers [2-2] Annapolis Hawks Black #82 True Utah
Next Level Red [] #89 Southshore
DC Express Orange []
Roughriders []
Breakers Orange []
*Mesa MD []
*HoCo []
*3D Virginia []

2025 B
True Annapolis White [0-3]
Cannons Select Blue []
#78 PLC Black [1-6] #99 Platform Academy Black
Olney Bears []
*Sidewinders Volt []
Zingos Blue []
Rockfish Black []
Annapolis Hawks Black [0-1]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know what weeks Hoco runs this year?

Games start on 3/21? When does the regular season end? And two weeks for the playoffs?

Just trying to get schedules lined up for all of my youth sports.

thanks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2025 Initial HoCo Alignment

Elite
Crabs
Next Level Blue
Team 91
Annapolis Hawks Green
FCA
Madlax Capital
Looneys
DC Express
True Annapolis Green
Cannons Gold

AAA
Koopers
Zingos Black
Green Turtle
PLC
Team MD LC
Annapolis Hawks Black
VLC
Sidewinders

AA
Breakers Blue
HLC
ALC
Rock A
Top Caliber
FLC
Cannons Blue
Next Level Red

A
True Baltimore
Breakers Orange
Mesa MD
Madlax DMV
Hard Lax Elite
HoCo Pink
Rock B
Roughriders

B
True Annapolis White
Zingos
Blue Claws
HoCo Black
PLC
Ville Lacrose
Baltimore Elite LC
OGBC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Games start 3/21
No games weekend of 3-4 March
Playoffs follow end of regular season

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2025 Initial HoCo Alignment

Elite
Crabs
Next Level Blue
Team 91
Annapolis Hawks Green
FCA
Madlax Capital
Looneys
DC Express
True Annapolis Green
Cannons Gold

AAA
Koopers
Zingos Black
Green Turtle
PLC
Team MD LC
Annapolis Hawks Black
VLC
Sidewinders

AA
Breakers Blue
HLC
ALC
Rock A
Top Caliber
FLC
Cannons Blue
Next Level Red

A
True Baltimore
Breakers Orange
Mesa MD
Madlax DMV
Hard Lax Elite
HoCo Pink
Rock B
Roughriders

B
True Annapolis White
Zingos
Blue Claws
HoCo Black
PLC
Ville Lacrose
Baltimore Elite LC
OGBC

Is that FLC, Fallston Lacrosse Club?
If so, how in God's name is FLC fielding an AA team after their entire AAA team bailed to Koopers?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that FLC, Fallston Lacrosse Club?
If so, how in God's name is FLC fielding an AA team after their entire AAA team bailed to Koopers?

Because "AA" is basically the B level teams. "A" and "B" are the C teams, just divided based on how realistic (or desperate for a few wins) the coaches are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know this. And my question remains.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3D Maryland , Dc express orange ?

Like Reply Quote
Page 59 of 70 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 69 70
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled