Anonymous #321425 02/23/21 06:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think that there is truth on both sides of the debate - yes, the program has a culture of permitting low rent sideline behavior on all its teams, but in fairness, the 2026 team has a couple of Dads who are exceptional in this regard.

100% true.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: True Annapolis
Anonymous #321441 02/23/21 07:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that there is truth on both sides of the debate - yes, the program has a culture of permitting low rent sideline behavior on all its teams, but in fairness, the 2026 team has a couple of Dads who are exceptional in this regard.

100% true.

It is now the identity of the club. Loud obnoxious trash

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #321471 02/24/21 06:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% true.

Stop talking to yourself.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #321473 02/24/21 07:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wish it were the children, but it is a small group of Hawks Dads who embarrass the program on this board and on the sidelines. The majority of Hawks families are class acts.

More than a few parents, it’s a club wide issue. Multiple Hawks teams have parents who act like 6th graders. They chicken hawk up and down the side line giving their kid garbage then yelling at kids on the other team. This has been going on from the 2019 teams through 2024, it’s accepted behavior by the club.

Not sure what club you are affiliated with, but go to any tournament, anywhere, at any level. You will find parents like that on every sideline. Not saying it is right, but you are blind if you don't think it is a problem throughout the sport, heck, all sports.

Absolutely the truest statement on this board.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #321482 02/24/21 09:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wish it were the children, but it is a small group of Hawks Dads who embarrass the program on this board and on the sidelines. The majority of Hawks families are class acts.

More than a few parents, it’s a club-wide issue. Multiple Hawks teams have parents who act like 6th graders. The chicken hawk up and down the sideline giving their kid garbage then yelling at kids on the other team. This has been going on from the 2019 teams through 2024, it’s accepted behavior by the club.

Not sure what club you are affiliated with, but go to any tournament, anywhere, at any level. You will find parents like that on every sideline. Not saying it is right, but you are blind if you don't think it is a problem throughout the sport, heck, all sports.

Agreed. I went to watch my niece play lacrosse, 8th grade in the Annapolis area as well. It was comical and embarrassing at the same time to listen to the comments coming from both sets of parents, grandparents, and, my family included. I think we just are caught up in the game when our child is playing and don't realize what is being said by parents on our team, parents on the opposing team, as well as what comes out of our mouths. More importantly, how it is being taken by the other side.

Last edited by JesLax1; 02/24/21 09:31 AM. Reason: use of profanity, not permitted
Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #321484 02/24/21 09:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More than a few parents, it’s a club-wide issue. Multiple Hawks teams have parents who act like 6th graders. The chicken hawk up and down the sideline giving their kid garbage then yelling at kids on the other team. This has been going on from the 2019 teams through 2024, it’s accepted behavior by the club.

Agreed. I went to watch my niece play lacrosse, 8th grade in the Annapolis area as well. It was comical and embarrassing at the same time to listen to the comments coming from both sets of parents, grandparents, and, my family included. I think we just are caught up in the game when our child is playing and don't realize what is being said by parents on our team, parents on the opposing team, as well as what comes out of our mouths. More importantly, how it is being taken by the other side.

Lol, profanity.....I said mess

Last edited by JesLax1; 02/24/21 09:37 AM.
Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #321495 02/24/21 10:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The football and basketball games that my son plays in are FAR worse than lacrosse. It is the entitlement from lacrosse parents that gets to everyone. My daughter is a cheerleader (sorry, I tried) and you wouldn't even want to know what is said at those events. The crazy RN dads from the Dena and Calvert County wearing pink Cheerdad shirts are both comical and scary. To single out the Hawks organization in the midst of all of the bad behavior from stunad parents is ridiculous and clearly rooted in jealousy. Let the bashing begin from the Hawks trolls and haters. I am not and have never been a Hawks dad but if we lived closer, my son would definitely be trying out. My guess is if your kids were more talented, they would be too.

Like Reply Quote
laxdcdmv #321497 02/24/21 10:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[More than a few parents, it’s a club-wide issue. Multiple Hawks teams have parents who act like 6th graders. The chicken hawk up and down the sideline giving their kid garbage then yelling at kids on the other team. This has been going on from the 2019 teams through 2024, it’s accepted behavior by the club.[/quote]

Not sure what club you are affiliated with, but go to any tournament, anywhere, at any level. You will find parents like that on every sideline. Not saying it is right, but you are blind if you don't think it is a problem throughout the sport, heck, all sports.[/quote]

Absolutely the truest statement on this board.[/quote]

Agreed. I went to watch my niece play lacrosse, 8th grade in the Annapolis area as well. It was comical and embarrassing at the same time to listen to the comments coming from both sets of parents, grandparents, and, my family included. I think we just are caught up in the game when our child is playing and don't realize what is being said by parents on our team, parents on the opposing team, as well as what comes out of our mouths. More importantly, how it is being taken by the other side.[/quote]

Lol, profanity.....I said mess[/quote]

The football and basketball games that my son plays in are FAR worse than lacrosse. It is the entitlement from lacrosse parents that gets to everyone. My daughter is a cheerleader (sorry, I tried) and you wouldn't even want to know what is said at those events. The crazy RN dads from the Dena and Calvert County wearing pink Cheerdad shirts are both comical and scary. To single out the Hawks organization in the midst of all of the bad behavior from stunad parents is ridiculous and clearly rooted in jealousy. Let the bashing begin from the Hawks trolls and haters. I am not and have never been a Hawks dad but if we lived closer, my son would definitely be trying out. My guess is if your kids were more talented, they would be too.[/quote]

It sounds like one parent missed the boat to the Hawks and is still holding on to a grudge. Reading this thread makes True look as ridiculous as the Hawks.

Like Reply Quote
laxdcdmv #321498 02/24/21 10:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. I went to watch my niece play lacrosse, 8th grade in the Annapolis area as well. It was comical and embarrassing at the same time to listen to the comments coming from both sets of parents, grandparents, and, my family included. I think we just are caught up in the game when our child is playing and don't realize what is being said by parents on our team, parents on the opposing team, as well as what comes out of our mouths. More importantly, how it is being taken by the other side.[/quote]

The football and basketball games that my son plays in are FAR worse than lacrosse. It is the entitlement from lacrosse parents that gets to everyone. My daughter is a cheerleader (sorry, I tried) and you wouldn't even want to know what is said at those events. The crazy RN dads from the Dena and Calvert County wearing pink Cheerdad shirts are both comical and scary. To single out the Hawks organization in the midst of all of the bad behavior from stunad parents is ridiculous and clearly rooted in jealousy. Let the bashing begin from the Hawks trolls and haters. I am not and have never been a Hawks dad but if we lived closer, my son would definitely be trying out. My guess is if your kids were more talented, they would be too.[/quote]

Cheerleaders are athletes too.

I think the uniqueness of lacrosse parents all being on the same sidelines adds to the mix at lacrosse games.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #321502 02/24/21 10:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the uniqueness of lacrosse parents all being on the same sidelines adds to the mix at lacrosse games.[/quote]

Not only that, but parents naturally changing spots to be closer to their kid puts opposing parents right next to one another.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #321520 02/24/21 12:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the uniqueness of lacrosse parents all being on the same sidelines adds to the mix at lacrosse games.[/quote]

Add crazy wrestling parents to the mix 'cause they are right up there with the worst. I guess it just shows that the one consistent thing that never fails to screws up youth sports is adults.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #321564 02/24/21 05:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% true.

Stop talking to yourself.

I was referring to your wife.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #321565 02/24/21 05:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

cheerleading isn't a sport.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322385 03/06/21 12:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

cheerleading isn't a sport.[/quote]

cheerleading isn't a sport.[/quote]
I’m not the OP- So says the old dude posting on the middle school sports forum.

Love to see you attempt half the garbage those kids do.

😂

Like Reply Quote
laxdcdmv #322389 03/06/21 08:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The football and basketball games that my son plays in are FAR worse than lacrosse. It is the entitlement from lacrosse parents that gets to everyone. My daughter is a cheerleader (sorry, I tried) and you wouldn't even want to know what is said at those events. The crazy RN dads from the Dena and Calvert County wearing pink Cheerdad shirts are both comical and scary. To single out the Hawks organization in the midst of all of the bad behavior from stunad parents is ridiculous and clearly rooted in jealousy. Let the bashing begin from the Hawks trolls and haters. I am not and have never been a Hawks dad but if we lived closer, my son would definitely be trying out. My guess is if your kids were more talented, they would be too.

I think the uniqueness of lacrosse parents all being on the same sidelines adds to the mix at lacrosse games.

cheerleading isn't a sport.

Lets see you do a transitional pyramid with a twisting mount while in a herkie then hitting a perfect shushunova landing.

Like Reply Quote
Page 18 of 21 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard