Get it on Google Play
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous - 04/13/21 10:01 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 04/13/21 10:00 PM
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 04/13/21 09:39 PM
Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 04/13/21 09:15 PM
Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 04/13/21 08:26 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,332
Posts287,916
Members2,274
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 487 of 505 1 2 485 486 487 488 489 504 505
Re: Boys High School Lax
B_O_T_C #320966 02/18/21 03:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Relax, lacrosse is evolving like the rest of the sports, tainted and less pure! No more size doesn’t matter in lax or late bloomers will have a chance to catch up. Men playing pro for peanuts for the love of the game. Yes, it took awhile but we ruined it! So take a knee and relax!

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #320974 02/18/21 04:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Relax, lacrosse is evolving like the rest of the sports, tainted and less pure! No more size doesn’t matter in lax or late bloomers will have a chance to catch up. Men playing pro for peanuts for the love of the game. Yes, it took awhile but we ruined it! So take a knee and relax!

The two leading Tewaaraton contenders are 5’8” 170

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #320986 02/18/21 06:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is going on now with the town of Manhasset should be a wake up call for everyone. There will be no in person learning or sports until parents enforce mask wearing. Fall sports are scheduled to be played Mar/April. One more week of push back and you can kiss lacrosse goodbye. Recruiting, HS games all goes bye bye if we don't wake up.

Relax. The sky isn’t falling. Put your 3 masks on and go hide.
It's stunands like you hosting parties causing entire school districts to lose their seasons. Great job.

stunad huh. Ok. Over reaction by the school. But I’m the stunad

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #320987 02/18/21 06:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is going on now with the town of Manhasset should be a wake up call for everyone. There will be no in person learning or sports until parents enforce mask wearing. Fall sports are scheduled to be played Mar/April. One more week of push back and you can kiss lacrosse goodbye. Recruiting, HS games all goes bye bye if we don't wake up.

Relax. The sky isn’t falling. Put your 3 masks on and go hide.

It's odd.. for a group of educated , financially successful parents, there is an amazing amount of insecurity.


Relax. They cancelled 1 week of winter. Big deal. Next session is fall sports. Then spring sports. What a bunch of whiners. Get over it. Over reaction by the school district because the kids had a party.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #321008 02/19/21 12:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I’d th[quote=Anonymous]I too am confused. Why do you care about GC so much?

I think the point is that D1 recruiting is now spread more widely across LI. In the “old days” a high percentage came from GC or Manhasset. Chaminade and St. Anthony’s are now the clear leaders with other D1 recruits coming from all over thanks to the rise of the club teams.


Agreed. No one is caring about Garden City or any other individual high school. There may be some comments directed at an individual from Garden City who angered some people with his comments with absolutely no value. But as you stated the point is that the sport is growing across the country and especially on Long Island. When you see high schools on that list with kids going to very good colleges and college lacrosse programs it is a good thing for the sport. In the old days only a handful of towns started lacrosse in first and second grade. Now most of the towns are starting early. The result is that you are now seeing recruits from high schools or towns that you never thought could produce a division I athlete in lacrosse. It is that simple. No one is hating anybody here and in fact we should all want Long Island players and programs to do well in state and national championships.

Wait, no is "hating"?? Did I not read about a guy who can't stop thinking about a post from a GC parent YEARS ago? That guy's not a "hater"? Come on, the jealousy is so obvious it borders on sad. The reason he's "hating" on GC is that his son was utterly abused, and now he thinks he's getting his just rewards because his son is going to Hartford to play big-time D-1 lax. So my final thought is good luck to your son, hopefully, he is way more mature than his thin-skinned father.[/

Another comment with no value from this mad GC parent. You obviously like to face off. Everybody knows who you are. All your assumptions are always wrong. For someone who thinks he has everything going for him you are very angry. Sorry things are not going well.

All’s well friend, sorry for yours sons brush with the big bad GC kids. He’s going to be fine. You...not so much.

A brush with GC? That is a complete fantasy of yours. You certainly are the architect of making things up. By you saying that it is the same as making up that Allentown is big and scary. But no evidence anywhere that that is true just like your baseless assumptions. Good luck. I real do hope your kid does well at whatever division and whichever school he attends.

Can you translate this gibberish to English?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #321012 02/19/21 03:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I’d th
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I too am confused. Why do you care about GC so much?

I think the point is that D1 recruiting is now spread more widely across LI. In the “old days” a high percentage came from GC or Manhasset. Chaminade and St. Anthony’s are now the clear leaders with other D1 recruits coming from all over thanks to the rise of the club teams.
You may want to check the Hometowns of some of those Chaminade St Anthonys recruits, you'll be surprised how many are from GC/Manhasset.

Not sure I understand your point. In last few years there have been several Chaminade kids from GC who committed to play D1 lacrosse. To my knowledge all played for the big club programs and not for the GC team. The coach historically did not let GC kids play for his program unless they also went to GC High School. The reality is that Chaminade has put more GC residents into D1 programs in recent years than GC itself.

Not sure about current rosters but in the past some of the best players at Chaminade and St Anthony's have come from the "Lacrosse Towns". Massapequa, Garden City, Manhasset, Syosset, CHS, Smithtown, Ward Melville and others. Kids from all over go these schools. It's not just about Lacrosse.

Obviously it’s not in your blood if you were born somewhere you become a better lacrosse player. I think a lot of it had to do with the traditional towns producing better lacrosse kids because they started in first and second grade. This is going back many years. Now more towns are starting in first and second grade. In addition a lot of the other towns have great athletes play other sports other than lacrosse. Higher percentage of the great athletes play baseball or something else. As the sport grows those nontraditional towns will be drawing more of the good athletes that play baseball or maybe track to lacrosse. It does seem that the traditional towns do produce many of the best players. But again, it is because those towns start earlier and draw a higher percentage of the best athletes which the non-traditional towns don’t do but are now starting to.

I always felt that the biggest reason why places like Manhasset and Garden City have traditionally been so good, especially at the youth level, was that both towns were chock full of fathers who grew up playing lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
B_O_T_C #321271 02/22/21 02:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Und1sputed is that a good showcase?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #321288 02/22/21 06:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Und1sputed is that a good showcase?

I would say not that good. Look at Elite 100 for a great showcase that everyone can get in. There are also much better ones that an invite is needed. But also sign up for the regional tryouts run by FLG. Not sure if they are doing it this year. Even if your kid does not make the team coaches are there and every D1 coach is at the top 50 game.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
B_O_T_C #321345 02/23/21 12:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say not that good. Look at Elite 100 for a great showcase that everyone can get in. There are also much better ones that an invite is needed. But also sign up for the regional tryouts run by FLG. Not sure if they are doing it this year. Even if your kid does not make the team coaches are there and every D1 coach is at the top 50 game.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #321366 02/23/21 01:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Fair point except for the fact that most, if not all, of the kids you say do not want to play college lacrosse have recruiting videos. Also the best from GC are playing college just not division one. Just face the fact that the game is spreading and being from a top HS program from Long Island is not enough to be recruited. There are other options on Long Island for college coaches. It is hard to figure out why there are so many excuses from one GC parent on why they are not able to produce division one level recruits. We have heard Covid, they don’t want to play college lacrosse, they don’t want divisIon one, they want to go to academic d3 programs even though only one is doing that, and some others. The reason is clear from the list. Other high schools, who have never really produced college level recruits are now producing multiple Division I players. These kids are taking spots of the Garden City’s of the world.


uote=Anonymous]This is great besides one fact that, based on the amount of "research" you did, not everyone wants to play lacrosse in college. When you look at the seniors playing lacrosse at say, GC, why do you not also account for the fact that the majority also play football and basketball. Why are you not disappointed that they are not playing college football, basketball, etc?
The simple fact - not every kid who plays high school lacrosse wants to play in college. The (new) simple fact - many of the schools that these kids are going to, currently, the entire college team is not playing because their school decided not to even support them playing. GC 21s have the right idea... you, on the other hand, have WAY too much time on your hands...



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
One never knows the truth so I did a little research because this topic is important for many reasons and one is NOT to bash Garden City. Numbers are numbers. It is true that lacrosse is spreading across long Island. As it appears for the Long Island Class of 2021 the D1 commits are spread out. Yes some surprise High schools have multiple D1 commits. Most are great academic and/or lacrosse colleges. Here is the list of high schools from Long Island with multiple players going on to play division 1 lacrosse for the class of 2021 (in alphabetical order and split Nassau/Suffolk):

MULTIPLE D1 COMMITS FOR THE CLASS OF 2021

NASSAU

Carey

Carle Place

Chaminade

Farmingdale

Floral Park

Kellenberg

Locust Valley

Manhasset

North Shore

Southside

Syosset


SUFFOLK

Bay Shore

Comsewogue

Harborfields

Huntington

Longwood

Mount Sinai

Shoreham- Wading River

Smithtown West

West Hampton Beach


Feel free to correct if there is an error.

No Dog in this fight but I am confused.... Why are you implying that these other schools have not produced DI lacrosse players in the past? I realize that GC has produced many and maybe not so many in the class that you seem to point at but from what I know many of the other schools that you list have produced a lot of DI players.

I do agree with the premise that "town teams" are not the best way to develop players and get them recruited.

I did not mean to imply that. Many schools on the list have produced D1 players but some have not or not many. The interesting part is not only some new schools but also some of the schools not on the list.[/quote]

D1 commits mean nothing in the 2021 class. Many kids I knew opened their eyes, and chose top D2 and D3 programs that they can run for a championship at instead of being blinded by D1 titles.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School Lax
B_O_T_C #321455 02/23/21 09:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice thing about men’s college lacrosse is that most of the D1 options are good to great academic schools. Of course there are some not so good too. Also there are some great D3 academic options. In short D1, D2 and D3 all offer a chance for kids to get into a much better academic school than they would have without lacrosse. Championships are nice but I would hope a kid picks a great academic school that is a great fit over anything else.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #321477 02/24/21 08:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nice thing about men’s college lacrosse is that most of the D1 options are good to great academic schools. Of course there are some not so good too. Also there are some great D3 academic options. In short D1, D2 and D3 all offer a chance for kids to get into a much better academic school than they would have without lacrosse. Championships are nice but I would hope a kid picks a great academic school that is a great fit over anything else.
A very small percentage, under 1%, of players will benefit from any type of lacrosse recruitment to college. Of those that do, the reward is an even smaller percentage for tuition reimbursed. You're NOT going to any college without excellent grades and well rounded extra curriculars. Lacrosse is rarely a part of that equation. The college coaches will let you know right away where you rank and it wont be at some freshman or sophomore money grab showcase. Don't be fooled into thinking your investment in youth lacrosse will be rewarded with a scholarship. Pay and play because your kid wants to not you. Its their journey.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #321501 02/24/21 10:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nice thing about men’s college lacrosse is that most of the D1 options are good to great academic schools. Of course there are some not so good too. Also there are some great D3 academic options. In short D1, D2 and D3 all offer a chance for kids to get into a much better academic school than they would have without lacrosse. Championships are nice but I would hope a kid picks a great academic school that is a great fit over anything else.
A very small percentage, under 1%, of players will benefit from any type of lacrosse recruitment to college. Of those that do, the reward is an even smaller percentage for tuition reimbursed. You're NOT going to any college without excellent grades and well rounded extra curriculars. Lacrosse is rarely a part of that equation. The college coaches will let you know right away where you rank and it wont be at some freshman or sophomore money grab showcase. Don't be fooled into thinking your investment in youth lacrosse will be rewarded with a scholarship. Pay and play because your kid wants to not you. Its their journey.

Which D2 school offers an amazing academic experience?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #321511 02/24/21 11:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nice thing about men’s college lacrosse is that most of the D1 options are good to great academic schools. Of course there are some not so good too. Also there are some great D3 academic options. In short D1, D2 and D3 all offer a chance for kids to get into a much better academic school than they would have without lacrosse. Championships are nice but I would hope a kid picks a great academic school that is a great fit over anything else.
A very small percentage, under 1%, of players will benefit from any type of lacrosse recruitment to college. Of those that do, the reward is an even smaller percentage for tuition reimbursed. You're NOT going to any college without excellent grades and well rounded extra curriculars. Lacrosse is rarely a part of that equation. The college coaches will let you know right away where you rank and it wont be at some freshman or sophomore money grab showcase. Don't be fooled into thinking your investment in youth lacrosse will be rewarded with a scholarship. Pay and play because your kid wants to not you. Its their journey.

Which D2 school offers an amazing academic experience?
Rollins - Bentley - LeMoyne

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #321589 02/24/21 09:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nice thing about men’s college lacrosse is that most of the D1 options are good to great academic schools. Of course there are some not so good too. Also there are some great D3 academic options. In short D1, D2 and D3 all offer a chance for kids to get into a much better academic school than they would have without lacrosse. Championships are nice but I would hope a kid picks a great academic school that is a great fit over anything else.
A very small percentage, under 1%, of players will benefit from any type of lacrosse recruitment to college. Of those that do, the reward is an even smaller percentage for tuition reimbursed. You're NOT going to any college without excellent grades and well rounded extra curriculars. Lacrosse is rarely a part of that equation. The college coaches will let you know right away where you rank and it wont be at some freshman or sophomore money grab showcase. Don't be fooled into thinking your investment in youth lacrosse will be rewarded with a scholarship. Pay and play because your kid wants to not you. Its their journey.

I know most kids if not all on my son’s travel team got into a much better colleges than they would have without lacrosse. It is very common to get into a better school because of lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
Page 487 of 505 1 2 485 486 487 488 489 504 505
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4