Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #320753 02/16/21 12:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In no way is anyone claiming or thinking that these new towns and high schools that have now found lacrosse is going to supersede or pass Garden City or Massapequa in the near future. Some of the New high schools may be strong in 2021 and have no one for 2022. I do not expect some of these high schools to be consistently producing Division I players like they have for 2021. However, I can tell you this, in our town given the Success of these 2021 players going to division one college programs our enrollment in PAL lacrosse is substantially higher. These new high schools on this list still lose a lot of players to baseball. As more and more of those kids go to college and play college lacrosse those high schools that are new will hopefully turn into lacrosse first high Schools. Garden City and other Traditional high schools still get their best athletes to play lacrosse. The new programs have not Reached that point yet. But hopefully will as what appears to be happening in our town with the younger kids now having higher registration in lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #320777 02/16/21 02:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I’d th
I too am confused. Why do you care about GC so much?

I think the point is that D1 recruiting is now spread more widely across LI. In the “old days” a high percentage came from GC or Manhasset. Chaminade and St. Anthony’s are now the clear leaders with other D1 recruits coming from all over thanks to the rise of the club teams.

Agreed. No one is caring about Garden City or any other individual high school. There may be some comments directed at an individual from Garden City who angered some people with his comments with absolutely no value. But as you stated the point is that the sport is growing across the country and especially on Long Island. When you see high schools on that list with kids going to very good colleges and college lacrosse programs it is a good thing for the sport. In the old days only a handful of towns started lacrosse in first and second grade. Now most of the towns are starting early. The result is that you are now seeing recruits from high schools or towns that you never thought could produce a division I athlete in lacrosse. It is that simple. No one is hating anybody here and in fact we should all want Long Island players and programs to do well in state and national championships.

Wait, no is "hating"?? Did I not read about a guy who can't stop thinking about a post from a GC parent YEARS ago? That guy's not a "hater"? Come on, the jealousy is so obvious it borders on sad. The reason he's "hating" on GC is that his son was utterly abused, and now he thinks he's getting his just rewards because his son is going to Hartford to play big-time D-1 lax. So my final thought is good luck to your son, hopefully, he is way more mature than his thin-skinned father.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #320784 02/16/21 03:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’d th[quote=Anonymous]I too am confused. Why do you care about GC so much?

I think the point is that D1 recruiting is now spread more widely across LI. In the “old days” a high percentage came from GC or Manhasset. Chaminade and St. Anthony’s are now the clear leaders with other D1 recruits coming from all over thanks to the rise of the club teams.

Agreed. No one is caring about Garden City or any other individual high school. There may be some comments directed at an individual from Garden City who angered some people with his comments with absolutely no value. But as you stated the point is that the sport is growing across the country and especially on Long Island. When you see high schools on that list with kids going to very good colleges and college lacrosse programs it is a good thing for the sport. In the old days only a handful of towns started lacrosse in first and second grade. Now most of the towns are starting early. The result is that you are now seeing recruits from high schools or towns that you never thought could produce a division I athlete in lacrosse. It is that simple. No one is hating anybody here and in fact we should all want Long Island players and programs to do well in state and national championships.

Wait, no is "hating"?? Did I not read about a guy who can't stop thinking about a post from a GC parent YEARS ago? That guy's not a "hater"? Come on, the jealousy is so obvious it borders on sad. The reason he's "hating" on GC is that his son was utterly abused, and now he thinks he's getting his just rewards because his son is going to Hartford to play big-time D-1 lax. So my final thought is good luck to your son, hopefully, he is way more mature than his thin-skinned father.[/

Another comment with no value from this mad GC parent. You obviously like to face off. Everybody knows who you are. All your assumptions are always wrong. For someone who thinks he has everything going for him you are very angry. Sorry things are not going well.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #320787 02/16/21 03:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’d th

You may want to check the Hometowns of some of those Chaminade St Anthonys recruits, you'll be surprised how many are from GC/Manhasset.

Not sure I understand your point. In last few years there have been several Chaminade kids from GC who committed to play D1 lacrosse. To my knowledge all played for the big club programs and not for the GC team. The coach historically did not let GC kids play for his program unless they also went to GC High School. The reality is that Chaminade has put more GC residents into D1 programs in recent years than GC itself.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #320792 02/16/21 04:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’d th

You may want to check the Hometowns of some of those Chaminade St Anthonys recruits, you'll be surprised how many are from GC/Manhasset.

Not sure I understand your point. In last few years there have been several Chaminade kids from GC who committed to play D1 lacrosse. To my knowledge all played for the big club programs and not for the GC team. The coach historically did not let GC kids play for his program unless they also went to GC High School. The reality is that Chaminade has put more GC residents into D1 programs in recent years than GC itself.

Not sure about current rosters but in the past some of the best players at Chaminade and St Anthony's have come from the "Lacrosse Towns". Massapequa, Garden City, Manhasset, Syosset, CHS, Smithtown, Ward Melville and others. Kids from all over go these schools. It's not just about Lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #320802 02/16/21 06:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’d th

Not sure about current rosters but in the past some of the best players at Chaminade and St Anthony's have come from the "Lacrosse Towns". Massapequa, Garden City, Manhasset, Syosset, CHS, Smithtown, Ward Melville and others. Kids from all over go these schools. It's not just about Lacrosse.

Obviously it’s not in your blood if you were born somewhere you become a better lacrosse player. I think a lot of it had to do with the traditional towns producing better lacrosse kids because they started in first and second grade. This is going back many years. Now more towns are starting in first and second grade. In addition a lot of the other towns have great athletes play other sports other than lacrosse. Higher percentage of the great athletes play baseball or something else. As the sport grows those nontraditional towns will be drawing more of the good athletes that play baseball or maybe track to lacrosse. It does seem that the traditional towns do produce many of the best players. But again, it is because those towns start earlier and draw a higher percentage of the best athletes which the non-traditional towns don’t do but are now starting to.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #320803 02/16/21 06:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In no way is anyone claiming or thinking that these new towns and high schools that have now found lacrosse is going to supersede or pass Garden City or Massapequa in the near future. Some of the New high schools may be strong in 2021 and have no one for 2022. I do not expect some of these high schools to be consistently producing Division I players like they have for 2021. However, I can tell you this, in our town given the Success of these 2021 players going to division one college programs our enrollment in PAL lacrosse is substantially higher. These new high schools on this list still lose a lot of players to baseball. As more and more of those kids go to college and play college lacrosse those high schools that are new will hopefully turn into lacrosse first high Schools. Garden City and other Traditional high schools still get their best athletes to play lacrosse. The new programs have not Reached that point yet. But hopefully will as what appears to be happening in our town with the younger kids now having higher registration in lacrosse.

Great players can come from any town, high school, state, country etc... Teams that win championships in Hotbed areas win with depth. You can have the best player in the country and not be able to beat a team with 15 - 20 very good players. Sometimes those championship teams happen to have the "best player" but most of the time they are just very deep with good "smart" team players. Its a team sport and it is almost impossible to win a championship without sufficient depth. When you look at the teams that have won New York State championships (at least in the modern era say the past 10 years) they seem to do it with depth. Some think its coaching or senior leadership (and that is important) but from what I have witnessed it is team depth that plays the biggest roll. Teams that have very strong junior, sophomore and even freshmen classes to complement their seniors seem to be the ones that win. I have witnessed many coaches try to ride a stud or two senior only to watch them become too fatigued to be effective. I am not familiar with the current GC Team but I am confident that they will remain a very competitive program that produces some great players.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #320833 02/17/21 09:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait, no is "hating"?? Did I not read about a guy who can't stop thinking about a post from a GC parent YEARS ago? That guy's not a "hater"? Come on, the jealousy is so obvious it borders on sad. The reason he's "hating" on GC is that his son was utterly abused, and now he thinks he's getting his just rewards because his son is going to Hartford to play big-time D-1 lax. So my final thought is good luck to your son, hopefully, he is way more mature than his thin-skinned father.[/

Another comment with no value from this mad GC parent. You obviously like to face off. Everybody knows who you are. All your assumptions are always wrong. For someone who thinks he has everything going for him you are very angry. Sorry things are not going well.

All’s well friend, sorry for yours sons brush with the big bad GC kids. He’s going to be fine. You...not so much.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #320848 02/17/21 12:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are we going to see the first schedules come out for this year?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #320857 02/17/21 02:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All’s well friend, sorry for yours sons brush with the big bad GC kids. He’s going to be fine. You...not so much.

A brush with GC? That is a complete fantasy of yours. You certainly are the architect of making things up. By you saying that it is the same as making up that Allentown is big and scary. But no evidence anywhere that that is true just like your baseless assumptions. Good luck. I real do hope your kid does well at whatever division and whichever school he attends.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
B_O_T_C #320949 02/18/21 12:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is going on now with the town of Manhasset should be a wake up call for everyone. There will be no in person learning or sports until parents enforce mask wearing. Fall sports are scheduled to be played Mar/April. One more week of push back and you can kiss lacrosse goodbye. Recruiting, HS games all goes bye bye if we don't wake up.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #320956 02/18/21 02:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is going on now with the town of Manhasset should be a wake up call for everyone. There will be no in person learning or sports until parents enforce mask wearing. Fall sports are scheduled to be played Mar/April. One more week of push back and you can kiss lacrosse goodbye. Recruiting, HS games all goes bye bye if we don't wake up.

Relax. The sky isn’t falling. Put your 3 masks on and go hide.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #320958 02/18/21 02:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's stunands like you hosting parties causing entire school districts to lose their seasons. Great job.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #320960 02/18/21 02:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The entitled shine again!!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #320964 02/18/21 03:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's odd.. for a group of educated , financially successful parents, there is an amazing amount of insecurity.

Like Reply Quote
Page 486 of 504 1 2 484 485 486 487 488 503 504
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard