BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 117 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 116 117
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I thought the HS national championship was a 4 day event? Wouldn't college coaches try to do both events?

The dead period is going to be extended through 6/30 so D1 coaches won’t be at either event.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are a Maryland Public- will we have a shot at doing the NHSC? I thought it was only for private schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought the HS national championship was a 4 day event? Wouldn't college coaches try to do both events?

The events are 5 hours apart so not easy to go to both. Look at the websites. Top coaches and their assistants committed to HS Championships.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The dead period is going to be extended through 6/30 so D1 coaches won’t be at either event.
I heard that it would be extended as well...doesn't make much sense to me why though. I thought the Events are in July though, so D1 should be there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The events are 5 hours apart so not easy to go to both. Look at the websites. Top coaches and their assistants committed to HS Championships.
There are plenty of coaches and assistants to go around...schools will certainly be able to be at both events. One does not trump the other.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When is that going to be announced?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is the dead period really going to be extended? if so when will they announce that?

The dead period is going to be extended through 6/30 so D1 coaches won’t be at either event.[/quote]
I heard that it would be extended as well...doesn't make much sense to me why though. I thought the Events are in July though, so D1 should be there.[/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is the dead period really going to be extended? if so when will they announce that?

I heard that it would be extended as well...doesn't make much sense to me why though. I thought the Events are in July though, so D1 should be there.[/quote][/quote]

Was extended today through 5/31. It will be extended again through 6/30. Hopefully that will be the end of it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard that it would be extended as well...doesn't make much sense to me why though. I thought the Events are in July though, so D1 should be there.
[/quote]

Was extended today through 5/31. It will be extended again through 6/30. Hopefully that will be the end of it.

Silly considering D2 and D3 aren't in a dead period. They did mention in the article about safely lifting the dead period and they will announce their intentions no later than 4/15.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Silly considering D2 and D3 aren't in a dead period. They did mention in the article about safely lifting the dead period and they will announce their intentions no later than 4/15.[/quote]
College coaches are currently in season until they hope they end of May. They have their own teams to worry about. They don’t have time to go watch high school games while in their own season. 5/31 will stick. Highly doubt they will extend it past that when summer tournaments kick off in June and it will have been a year since players were watched from a sideline.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Silly considering D2 and D3 aren't in a dead period. They did mention in the article about safely lifting the dead period and they will announce their intentions no later than 4/15.
College coaches are currently in season until they hope they end of May. They have their own teams to worry about. They don’t have time to go watch high school games while in their own season. 5/31 will stick. Highly doubt they will extend it past that when summer tournaments kick off in June and it will have been a year since players were watched from a sideline.[/quote]

Who knows but I highly doubt the NCAA is thinking about lacrosse tournaments when making these decisions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

College coaches are currently in season until they hope they end of May. They have their own teams to worry about. They don’t have time to go watch high school games while in their own season. 5/31 will stick. Highly doubt they will extend it past that when summer tournaments kick off in June and it will have been a year since players were watched from a sideline.

Who knows but I highly doubt the NCAA is thinking about lacrosse tournaments when making these decisions.[/quote]

Exactly. Lacrosse will not factor into this decision at all. This will be up to what basketball coaches want to do. I know we live in our lacrosse bubble but the NCAA doesn't care about lacrosse when it comes to decisions like this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who knows but I highly doubt the NCAA is thinking about lacrosse tournaments when making these decisions.

Exactly. Lacrosse will not factor into this decision at all. This will be up to what basketball coaches want to do. I know we live in our lacrosse bubble but the NCAA doesn't care about lacrosse when it comes to decisions like this.
It won’t extend past 5/31.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Private School Admissions day!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Private School Admissions day!!
Go SPSG!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word on the street is SPSG killed on the 2025. We will have to wait and see how that translates on the field!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word on the street is SPSG killed on the 2025. We will have to wait and see how that translates on the field!
What does that even mean...ugh, give me a break

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only you care about current 8th graders and what they are going to do for a team a year down the road. Good grief. Can we just get through this season first?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only you care about current 8th graders and what they are going to do for a team a year down the road. Good grief. Can we just get through this season first?

Let her dream, Reality is right around the corner.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t get mad- you might make her go away and I’m enjoying this!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the update Anne !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
God - literally no one cares

Word on the street is SPSG killed on the 2025. We will have to wait and see how that translates on the field![/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Considering all the talent they are losing after this year they're going to need to kill it with the 2025 class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ditto

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SPSG must always underachieve because every year the parents think they have the best team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GCS will be in the hunt this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SPSG must always underachieve because every year the parents think they have the best team.

No one has thought that until the last 2 years and really not until this year as McD still had a ton of great players last year. If anything SPSG overachieved making the finals 2 years ago and taking McD to double OT twice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More about CR not grabbing up as much talent for McD than SPSG .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The SPSG team could beat the boys team at ST. Paul

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well hello! Hi! How are you? What rock did you just crawl out from under? CR hasn’t been at McD for a few years now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The SPSG team could beat the boys team at ST. Paul
That's not saying much as I think the ICS boys could beat St. Pauls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonogh will not be the team to beat this year. Their era is over. It was a great run, they have been fun to watch and continue to be fun to watch, but it’s over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think CR has much to do with recruiting anymore. Just so happens that St. Paul's geographically is a better fit for most of the girls attending. In addition may already have older siblings attending SP, making it a natural fit. Just my 2 cents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would not count McDonogh out yet. Heard that TC actually did recruit some great talent for the 2025 year. Some of the top, actually.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would not count McDonogh out yet. Heard that TC actually did recruit some great talent for the 2025 year. Some of the top, actually.
I heard Covid wasn’t real, doesn’t make it true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SPSG has absolutely nothing to do with geography. It's all about what the crowd is doing. Don't be fooled.

I don't think CR has much to do with recruiting anymore. Just so happens that St. Paul's geographically is a better fit for most of the girls attending. In addition may already have older siblings attending SP, making it a natural fit. Just my 2 cents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SPSG has absolutely nothing to do with geography. It's all about what the crowd is doing. Don't be fooled.

Knowing that most of the kids that are going to sp live withing 5-10 mins I would say geography has some play. Doesn't hurt that friends and siblings attend as well. From a parent that has no skin in the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The fact that SPSG has the best coach that got into training a lot of these up and coming girls when they were younger certainly plays a part in it. She identified a lot of talent early and recruited them for years.

People got sick of paying TC $120 for a training session that she barely paid attention to and MG became the main trainer for a lot of these girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow - then all those girls who live in HOward County and play for clubs who practice far out in howard county really live close to SPSG. Who cares where anyone chooses to go to school but it is not geography. Its that SPSG will have a good team with a good coach -and people think they'll take over one of the top spots around - and that's ok. but that's what it is.

Knowing that most of the kids that are going to sp live withing 5-10 mins I would say geography has some play. Doesn't hurt that friends and siblings attend as well. From a parent that has no skin in the game.[/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The fact that SPSG has the best coach that got into training a lot of these up and coming girls when they were younger certainly plays a part in it. She identified a lot of talent early and recruited them for years.

People got sick of paying TC $120 for a training session that she barely paid attention to and MG became the main trainer for a lot of these girls.

That might be the case also. SP is a good school, so there are many reasons why some would choose to send their daughter. It also doesn't hurt that at least 4-5 of the girls that are going there live in the area. So why drive farther for the same thing.

Like Reply Quote
Page 19 of 117 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 116 117
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard