BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 26 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 25 26
Re: Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What happened to the empire kids at this age group? Older empire girls are decent, but the 2024s seem to have crashed and burned. The b team got beat all fall by like ten goals a game and the A team lost to all other Long Island teams they played. Is there a difference in coaching? What happened to the age group? Anyone whose a part of this club would love insight as I had originally considered moving my kid to empire.

We don’t play for empire but can also say that they look weaker at this age group than the older girls did as freshman. I’m sure it’s just a learning curve of some sort but definitely odd to see

Just curious what empire team you thought was good at the older age???
The 2022 was never strong
The 2023 probably the strongest in the program but they lost to YJ 25 and Elevate.
I believe the 24 team was a merger with Bengals. not sure what happen to them but the goalie went to YJ Kildare. maybe a few others followed her

The 21 abs 23 teams looked pretty good. Agreed that the Bengals team isn't looking all that great as of late.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the empire kids at this age group? Older empire girls are decent, but the 2024s seem to have crashed and burned. The b team got beat all fall by like ten goals a game and the A team lost to all other Long Island teams they played. Is there a difference in coaching? What happened to the age group? Anyone whose a part of this club would love insight as I had originally considered moving my kid to empire.

We don’t play for empire but can also say that they look weaker at this age group than the older girls did as freshman. I’m sure it’s just a learning curve of some sort but definitely odd to see

The 2023 probably the strongest in the program but they lost to YJ 25 and Elevate.
I believe the 24 team was a merger with Bengals. not sure what happen to them but the goalie went to YJ Kildare. maybe a few others followed her

The 21 abs 23 teams looked pretty good. Agreed that the Bengals team isn't looking all that great as of late.

I’m sure any other empire girls with talent will jump ship this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yea but where are they going to go? A yellow jackets E team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if you are a talented 23' or 24' you can possibly find a spot on YJ kildare 24 or Rella 23. I would think the top 5 kids on those Empire teams could make a YJ B team. very hard yet not impossible to find a spot on the top teams, but I am sure you would have a known name already going into the tryout

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]What happened to the empire kids at this age group? Older empire girls are decent, but the 2024s seem to have crashed and burned. The b team got beat all fall by like ten goals a game and the A team lost to all other Long Island teams they played. Is there a difference in coaching? What happened to the age group? Anyone whose a part of this club would love insight as I had originally considered moving my kid to empire.

if you are a talented 23' or 24' you can possibly find a spot on YJ kildare 24 or Rella 23. I would think the top 5 kids on those Empire teams could make a YJ B team. very hard yet not impossible to find a spot on the top teams, but I am sure you would have a known name already going into the tryout

Rella's team is a mediocre B team you should be able to make that team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure they'd take another check. why not get to 30 kids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are you all sending your kids to trainers from programs other than your own? You don’t have confidence in your own programs coaches?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rella is the best B team around.
They beat MD’s top 2 B teams M&D Red and Hero’s White.
Only 2 teams locally that they have no shot against is Thorn and TG black.
Rella would smoke any B team on island plus they would beat the quasi A teams at clubs like Elevate and Empire
The top players on Rella are studs on most A teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rella would smoke any B team on island plus they would beat the quasi A teams at clubs like Elevate and Empire
didnt they lose to some pick up team in the LILJ league? I wouldnt say they would smoke "anyone" b team and all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
didnt they lose to some pick up team in the LILJ league? I wouldnt say they would smoke "anyone" b team and all.

A fall league is all about who shows up. like a men’s hockey league.
Again nobody saying they are great, but they are a solid team and a very good B team. If you are a top player on LI you aren’t on Rella. The top players are on Thorn, TG and a few scattered around on Legacy and New Jesters from TG.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The yellow jacket B team is consistently the best B team on long island and one of the strongest in the country. colleges coaches have known it for long time. look at girls like Kylie Oh. YJ B - not bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again nobody saying they are great, but they are a solid team and a very good B team. If you are a top player on LI you aren’t on Rella. The top players are on Thorn, TG and a few scattered around on Legacy and New Jesters from TG.

I’m confused this is a 24 thread why are we sending kids to 23 teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because didn’t you know that when 24 teams are filled clubs out the extra 24s on different teams to collect the check

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Under Armour 150. Good event to attend or no? Also, any idea how they pick the girls? Over 1500 applied for 300 spots.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Under Armour 150. Good event to attend or no? Also, any idea how they pick the girls? Over 1500 applied for 300 spots.

money grab...they all are

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What if your kid isn't from a lax hotbed region? Don't they need to attend some of these "money grabs" to be seen/noticed? Or are there recruiting events that are considered worth the money/not money grabs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true. The event gives them major access to college coaches. Any college coach will tell you that being picked for things like under armour and brine are huge

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great event. It’s 300 spots with 150 2023 and 150 2024. The kids chosen are based off of highlight film. Each player submits film, their recruiting profile, fills out a whole application, and they need a letter of recommendation. They evaluators aren’t club coaches or parents, so if your kid didn’t get picked it’s because their talent wasn’t something evaluators thought was above other players. There are a lot of kids who apply for a reason.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like someone is upset their precious angel didn’t make it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which Long Island kids made it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What if your kid isn't from a lax hotbed region? Don't they need to attend some of these "money grabs" to be seen/noticed? Or are there recruiting events that are considered worth the money/not money grabs?

These events are great. Considering they aren’t run by our local club directors it is actually a fair shot for kids. I’d say money grabs are those events run by clubs that favor their own club. If there is no favoritism, I for one think it’s a great event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From what I’ve heard from my daughter a few YJ kids, a legacy kid, and two 91 kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

stick to camps .... the college coaches didn't happen last year just more video tape will be same this year and so many people didn't wind up going.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great event. It’s 300 spots with 150 2023 and 150 2024. The kids chosen are based off of highlight film. Each player submits film, their recruiting profile, fills out a whole application, and they need a letter of recommendation. They evaluators aren’t club coaches or parents, so if your kid didn’t get picked it’s because their talent wasn’t something evaluators thought was above other players. There are a lot of kids who apply for a reason.

I would agree from my older daughters experience that this is a great event and certainly not just about money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

stick to camps .... the college coaches didn't happen last year just more video tape will be same this year and so many people didn't wind up going.

Camps are important but so are these types of teams. These teams select the best players and when college coaches look at players these teams will be shown. Not to mention they will get the film, live stream, or in person viewing of them. I have two older kids who went through recruiting and it’s still about camps and these select teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From what I’ve heard from my daughter a few YJ kids, a legacy kid, and two 91 kids.

Any top guns kids? Jesters ? Elevate ? Congrats to all the kids that made it. Being 150 out of 1500 is no small feat

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is all opinion. A lot of parents whose kids don’t make this team will say it’s a scam.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its not the best of the best - they do try to spread out the girls from different areas... also its less competitive to get in the 24s than it is the 23s, because the 23s have played a year in the recruiting age and now they know they need to bulk up their accolades.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its not the best of the best - they do try to spread out the girls from different areas... also its less competitive to get in the 24s than it is the 23s, because the 23s have played a year in the recruiting age and now they know they need to bulk up their accolades.

The 2024 class has some athletes who could beat out a lot of 2023 kids to be completely honest. I think the girls from Long Island who made it are crazy talented. Look at the film from the YJ, 91, and legacy kid that made it. They are obviously skilled.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is too early to know if college coaches will be able to attend tournaments and events this summer, but these kids will play against other top players which is what you want. Even if it ends up being live-streamed, you will still get great film. Camps are not a sure thing this summer and remember nothing in youth sports is free, camps or showcases.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2024 class has some athletes who could beat out a lot of 2023 kids to be completely honest. I think the girls from Long Island who made it are crazy talented. Look at the film from the YJ, 91, and legacy kid that made it. They are obviously skilled.

Ok dad, lol!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

this is def not a recruiting event .... its something you can add to your kids lax resume...thats it.... ..but it is what it is ...find out for yourself we did....... spent the 600 for some film. seriously??? Nike 120 is more legit .... but in the end it was still just buying video good luck to you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is too early to know if college coaches will be able to attend tournaments and events this summer, but these kids will play against other top players which is what you want. Even if it ends up being live-streamed, you will still get great film. Camps are not a sure thing this summer and remember nothing in youth sports is free, camps or showcases.

Just more exposure and a chance to play with and against high talent level

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok dad, lol!

Mom** and my daughter didn’t even make the UA team. I know from who she showed me did that it is a strong group. Just gave her something to work towards for next year. Just because she wasn’t in the top 150 of the players doesn’t mean it isn’t a great opportunity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

this is def not a recruiting event .... its something you can add to your kids lax resume...thats it.... ..but it is what it is ...find out for yourself we did....... spent the 600 for some film. seriously??? Nike 120 is more legit .... but in the end it was still just buying video good luck to you

My youngest daughter didn’t get in, my older daughter was in the event last year. I just know from my experience this was not the case. Her college coach found her from this event and now she’s at school paying almost nothing for tuition. I just don’t want other parents to think it’s a complete waste of time because a harsh critic didn’t like it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My youngest daughter didn’t get in, my older daughter was in the event last year. I just know from my experience this was not the case. Her college coach found her from this event and now she’s at school paying almost nothing for tuition. I just don’t want other parents to think it’s a complete waste of time because a harsh critic didn’t like it.

Have to agree that this is a sound event... any kids who got in should rep Long Island 24s and we should be happy for them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been at this many years and you do see the strength of the these different events, strengthen and weaken through the years. This is especially true now that covid has changed so much, and hopefully changes as we go back to normal. In years past I heard Nike 120 was much better than UA 150, but Nike fell off the map. As far as the Under Armour events, the underclass games always had the very best players on the regional teams. When they introduced the UA150, most of the top players that were on the regional teams never bothered with the 150, it was always the players who did not make the underclass teams who would attend this event every year. Again with so many things odd in this covid era, maybe the better players do end up attending the 150, and even if the players are not the top players, it still offers opportunity to get seen, filmed etc...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok dad, lol!

Ha! Another mom here too.
I’ve actually looked at a bunch of girls to see what their story is and all I’ve seen so far is a bunch of clubs NOT in top 10-20. Which is fine and good for them. Not competition to lose sleep over. It’s still a good way to get film but it’s not the top! If it were the top it would be dominated by a few certain areas and Robinson doesn’t want that. He wants people from everywhere. My D did it her first eligible yr and she was only 1 of 3 in her club to even apply. The next year everyone on her team applied-why not, it’s free! I’m in Maryland.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok dad, lol!

Ha! Another mom here too.
I’ve actually looked at a bunch of girls to see what their story is and all I’ve seen so far is a bunch of clubs NOT in top 10-20. Which is fine and good for them. Not competition to lose sleep over. It’s still a good way to get film but it’s not the top! If it were the top it would be dominated by a few certain areas and Robinson doesn’t want that. He wants people from everywhere. My D did it her first eligible yr and she was only 1 of 3 in her club to even apply. The next year everyone on her team applied-why not, it’s free! I’m in Maryland.

If you aren’t on a “top 20” team (I’m assuming your going by the us club team rankings) you can still be a top player. Not every incredible athlete decides to go to the biggest name teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been at this many years and you do see the strength of the these different events, strengthen and weaken through the years. This is especially true now that covid has changed so much, and hopefully changes as we go back to normal. In years past I heard Nike 120 was much better than UA 150, but Nike fell off the map. As far as the Under Armour events, the underclass games always had the very best players on the regional teams. When they introduced the UA150, most of the top players that were on the regional teams never bothered with the 150, it was always the players who did not make the underclass teams who would attend this event every year. Again with so many things odd in this covid era, maybe the better players do end up attending the 150, and even if the players are not the top players, it still offers opportunity to get seen, filmed etc...

Agree that Nike is another stellar event. It’s a great opportunity for these top players regardless. I think those who are bad mouthing the event are likely parents of kids who weren’t chosen.

Page 8 of 26 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard