BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 45 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 44 45
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Much better Coach, really? SB was out of their league.
We were actually saying when it was 10-7 w 15 minutes to go that if coaches were reversed NC would of been up 10. My daughter is a UNC alum and
This is the most talented roster as long as we have been around. Great job by SB got the game really close after halftime and even better job by these teams to pull the game together. Should be a fun fun season

They were doubled up... not that close. Definitely out coached today.

SBU just doesn’t do a good job on defense and HC doesn’t recruit the top defenders. Playing a gimmick backer defense doesn’t work at college level. Way to many easy goals despite the good play of SBU goalie. Clearing was also a problem. I know everyone wants to see goals but defense wins. Sooo..... is that coaching, recruiting or a combination???

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Missed the game yesterday do to rec basketball. No lax up here yet. Just watched replay.

Overall a good game with high and lows. I do agree with poster on JS and coaching. The fact the score was 9-7 with 20 mins to go was impressive. (JS isn’t getting A team YJ and TG players) The 3 goals out of the half was adjustments on the D end of field. That is coaching. SB also had numerous shots over cage that if a couple went in maybe a different ball game. The UNC defense and goalie were outstanding. I know the Offense gets all the attention but the D was very good. Many 5th years on D and it showed.

Both teams are very mature and big players with years of playing in big games when looking at rosters. They better win this year as many graduate. The next years could be rough once this group graduates.

As far as younger players they will learn as season progresses. At looking at the top teams(caught NW game) I am not sure why these coaches don’t red shirt the younger players. They still practice with team, but heck save the year. I think we will hear more this very soon for the younger kids not getting playing time.

Great to see lax back and playing.

Agree on this

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A couple observations from the UNC/SB game:
SB out of their league. Too many turnovers and some thug play there. Kennedy a beast, not sure about her being the best player though.
UNC was all around good, but the a couple of the highly touted superstars did nothing. Such as the big graduate transfer and number one freshman who’s only stat was a yellow.
Overall a pretty boring game

SB overrated freshman did nothing either!! JS overrates his players but the truth comes out when games are played!

The bitterness never ends... What is the matter with you people. Still jealous that these players receive more attention and recognition than your daughter? As far as I know, players do not rank or rate themselves so I never understand why small minded bitter parents come on here and try to tear the players down.

19 UNC players saw playing time vs SBU, 14 of the 19 were Under Armour All-Americans. I believe at least 17 of 19 were Ranked in the Top 50 by Inside Lacrosse coming out of HS. UNC has all 12 starters back from last season with a number of returning All-Americans. The fact that the "big transfer" stepped right into the starting lineup speaks volumes as to her ability. For a freshmen to even get playing time is also very impressive. Just about all of the UNC players who saw action were highly touted coming out of HS and it looks like they are living up to they hype.

Stony Brook is also a very good team with a fair share of AA caliber players so for their freshmen to get playing time against UNC is also impressive.

Any player who starts and or plays a regular roll on a Top 10 caliber team is an excellent player. As a matter of fact, there are many players at Top Programs who rarely see the field who would walk right in and start at Teams outside the Top 10 - 15.

So keep on hating and telling yourself that your daughter is better and should have received more recognition.

Lol, ran around the field doing nothing. Freshman on other teams putting up big points! If you’re an attacker on the field significant minutes and don’t score a goal or get an assist. You’re not a top player, sorry!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do agree an attacker 95 percent of time needs to contribute. But it also depends on what team your on, role you play and competition played that weekend. Some games played this week in other conferences were tops vs bottoms. Be interesting to see when they play each other .

All good. Look forward to another week of as many Covid free games we can get in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Much better Coach, really? SB was out of their league.
We were actually saying when it was 10-7 w 15 minutes to go that if coaches were reversed NC would of been up 10. My daughter is a UNC alum and
This is the most talented roster as long as we have been around. Great job by SB got the game really close after halftime and even better job by these teams to pull the game together. Should be a fun fun season

They were doubled up... not that close. Definitely out coached today.

SBU just doesn’t do a good job on defense and HC doesn’t recruit the top defenders. Playing a gimmick backer defense doesn’t work at college level. Way to many easy goals despite the good play of SBU goalie. Clearing was also a problem. I know everyone wants to see goals but defense wins. Sooo..... is that coaching, recruiting or a combination???

Last time that I checked "recruiting" was part of a college coaches job... Both the offensive and defensive schemes used by UNC were better than the ones SBU used. UNC didn't need superstars to exploit the SBU Defensive Scheme, all they needed to do was work the game plan / strategy. I didn't see any adjustments from SBU on either side of the ball.

Agree 100% that the team that plays the best defense will win.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SB out of their league. Too many turnovers and some thug play there. Kennedy a beast, not sure about her being the best player though.
UNC was all around good, but the a couple of the highly touted superstars did nothing. Such as the big graduate transfer and number one freshman who’s only stat was a yellow.

SB overrated freshman did nothing either!! JS overrates his players but the truth comes out when games are played!

The bitterness never ends... What is the matter with you people. Still jealous that these players receive more attention and recognition than your daughter? As far as I know, players do not rank or rate themselves so I never understand why small minded bitter parents come on here and try to tear the players down.

19 UNC players saw playing time vs SBU, 14 of the 19 were Under Armour All-Americans. I believe at least 17 of 19 were Ranked in the Top 50 by Inside Lacrosse coming out of HS. UNC has all 12 starters back from last season with a number of returning All-Americans. The fact that the "big transfer" stepped right into the starting lineup speaks volumes as to her ability. For a freshmen to even get playing time is also very impressive. Just about all of the UNC players who saw action were highly touted coming out of HS and it looks like they are living up to they hype.

Stony Brook is also a very good team with a fair share of AA caliber players so for their freshmen to get playing time against UNC is also impressive.

Any player who starts and or plays a regular roll on a Top 10 caliber team is an excellent player. As a matter of fact, there are many players at Top Programs who rarely see the field who would walk right in and start at Teams outside the Top 10 - 15.

So keep on hating and telling yourself that your daughter is better and should have received more recognition.

Lol, ran around the field doing nothing. Freshman on other teams putting up big points! If you’re an attacker on the field significant minutes and don’t score a goal or get an assist. You’re not a top player, sorry!

She did score, just also received a yellow card in the process..so it didn't "count"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Truth be told I do not love or detest SB will say as a Carolina had 15/19 players that played are UA AA. JUST looked and SB had one just different recruiting outside of power 5 conferences those mid majors are required to coach much harder Kids will always gravitate to top power 5’s facilities location mom and dads egos etc. That’s why I always chuckle with the SB detest. Of course they pump up their players and do what they can in social media it’s only shot they have in recruiting and fact that schools like them are able to compete every year at the high level is impressive. They hve to sell themselves differently than the money places. How many on here don’t understand tht makes me think your daughters are on the power 5 side and wish you got that love. I have a son who plays mid major school top 20 lacrosse and a daughter who plays power 5. It is so different and if many knew the obstacles mid majors face you would understand much more
Was flipping back and forth from SB UNC to men’s game and missed end of first half but I will say that SB came out second half and was a play or two away from that being very interesting One thing everyone in here agrees about is UNC is best team by a good margin fact that the game was tight halfway through second half tells me all I need to know All out kids had life’s changed by pandemic let’s all just be glad some type of normal is back

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What an ignorant opinion.

Typical armchair player/coach. You do understand that you can not compare players or statistics in women’s DI lacrosse because it is not an apple’s to apple’s comparison, it’s not a level playing field. Once you go outside the top 10-15 teams there is a pretty big drop off in terms of competition/talent.

I watched Stony Brook Men’s game and saw a transfer from Maryland put up 6 goals and 1 assist. Looks like a great player but last year at Maryland he was unable to break into the lineup. By your logic the kid must have been overhyped and “not a top player”. He looked like a top player to me, problem is a Maryland just about every player is a top player.

Getting on the field at a top program when competing against other top programs is a much more difficult task than playing on a less competitive team. Many players at top programs who see little to no time would walk in and start right away at less competitive programs. Many players who look like superstars at less competitive programs wouldn’t get on the field at top tier program.

Not knocking players just pointing out reality. Stony Brook and UNC are both Top Tier programs with a lot of talent (especially UNC) if a player is getting on the field in the competitive games they are most certainly an excellent player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She did score, just also received a yellow card in the process..so it didn't "count"

Lol, that’s funny. Yes you are correct, it didn’t count, and a yellow is not a good stat to boast about. Was also pathetic at how many girls on both teams couldn’t even catch the ball. Not overly impressed with either team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In hindsight, they should’ve looked into holding a Fall 20’ season where all the “Covid” redshirted kids would have to use their eligibility. Spring season could have been business as usual.

With that said, this whole Covid experience has taken its toll on my daughter & her teammates so considering what they are being put though to remain Covid contact free just to play this season they’ve earned the right, with hope, a normal extra season.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who has legit shot at Final Four?

1 - North Carolina... Obviously ;-)

2 - Northwestern... will put up big #’s . Not sure about D.

3 - Maryland... not ready to count The Terps out.

4 - Syracuse... ? Let’s see how they do vs SBU.

5 - Notre Dame.... have they ever made it to Final Four?

6 - Florida... certainly in the mix.

7 - Loyola... would like to see it.

8 - Stony Brook... Syracuse game will be telling.

Anyone else?

Virginia? Boston College? JMU? Navy? Penn State?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a bunch of nonsense. Spallina is the best coach in the women's game and yes recruiting is a part of coaching but a lot of factors are a part of that and are not under the coaches control. There were probably no players on the field for SBU that UNC truly recruited .He takes some first team travel players, some second and third team travel players and makes them better players. Anyone with knowledge of the college game knows that if Spallina were the coach at UNC or Notre Dame etc he would already have a couple championships.
That said his antics are ridiculous and he coaches his team to be overly physical, found it interesting that a player he pushed to be at the US team tryouts barely plays for his team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone else?

Looking back over the past five seasons (excluding 2020) the following teams are the only ones that seem to be in the running.

Final 8 over the past 5 years:

5X - Maryland
5X - North Carolina

3X - Boston College
3X - Syracuse
3X - Princeton
3X - Penn State
3X - Northwestern

2X - Navy
2X - USC
2X - Stony Brook

1X - JMU
1X - Florida
1X - Loyola
1X - Virginia
1X - Penn
1X - UMass
1X - Denver
1X - Notre Dame
1X - Duke

Going out on limb.... UNC, MD, Syracuse and Northwestern in The Final Four.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a bunch of nonsense. Spallina is the best coach in the women's game and yes recruiting is a part of coaching but a lot of factors are a part of that and are not under the coaches control. There were probably no players on the field for SBU that UNC truly recruited .He takes some first team travel players, some second and third team travel players and makes them better players. Anyone with knowledge of the college game knows that if Spallina were the coach at UNC or Notre Dame etc he would already have a couple championships.
That said his antics are ridiculous and he coaches his team to be overly physical, found it interesting that a player he pushed to be at the US team tryouts barely plays for his team.

He has done a good job but stop with if he were.... His record has been greatly inflated due to the conference. He has done a good job improving the out of conference schedule. He has had some wins over traditional powers but not when they were at the top of their game and he has not done it in The Tournament.
Agree, he is a very good coach but there has been way too much hype...

JMU Coach... National Championship.

Navy Coach... 2X Final Four.

They both did it without bring in all the Under Armour AA's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed also think all these freshman should red shirt losing so much time and jumping into college is unfair

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed also think all these freshman should red shirt losing so much time and jumping into college is unfair

Redshirting is not as simple as it sounds... Coaches and players have to make hard decisions. This is not D1 Football. 12 scholarships "max" per team. If a current senior who has a scholarship wants to come back next year, the coach has to agree to offer the scholarship which means an incoming freshmen or underclass player who was told they will receive $$ could be out of luck.

This year the NCAA is allowing programs to offer more than the NCAA limit but that is only if the institution is willing to fund the additional scholarships. I'm sure the Big Time (ACC, BIG 10 and maybe the PAC12) funded this year but not sure about other conferences.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone else?

Looking back over the past five seasons (excluding 2020) the following teams are the only ones that seem to be in the running.

5X - Maryland
5X - North Carolina

3X - Boston College
3X - Syracuse
3X - Princeton
3X - Penn State
3X - Northwestern

2X - Navy
2X - USC
2X - Stony Brook

1X - JMU
1X - Florida
1X - Loyola
1X - Virginia
1X - Penn
1X - UMass
1X - Denver
1X - Notre Dame
1X - Duke

Which one does your daughter play for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone else?

5X - Maryland
5X - North Carolina

3X - Boston College
3X - Syracuse
3X - Princeton
3X - Penn State
3X - Northwestern

2X - Navy
2X - USC
2X - Stony Brook

1X - JMU
1X - Florida
1X - Loyola
1X - Virginia
1X - Penn
1X - UMass
1X - Denver
1X - Notre Dame
1X - Duke

I guess some on here can only make snide comments. They just can't help themselves they are toxic, always tearing down a player, team, coach etc... some can't hold a discussion about the sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone else?

5X - Maryland
5X - North Carolina

3X - Boston College
3X - Syracuse
3X - Princeton
3X - Penn State
3X - Northwestern

2X - Navy
2X - USC
2X - Stony Brook

1X - JMU
1X - Florida
1X - Loyola
1X - Virginia
1X - Penn
1X - UMass
1X - Denver
1X - Notre Dame
1X - Duke

I guess some on here can only make snide comments. They just can't help themselves they are toxic, always tearing down a player, team, coach etc... some can't hold a discussion about the sport.

Why not just answer the question? Am I wrong?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone else?

5X - Maryland
5X - North Carolina

3X - Boston College
3X - Syracuse
3X - Princeton
3X - Penn State
3X - Northwestern

2X - Navy
2X - USC
2X - Stony Brook

1X - JMU
1X - Florida
1X - Loyola
1X - Virginia
1X - Penn
1X - UMass
1X - Denver
1X - Notre Dame
1X - Duke

Different poster here but who cares if they have a daughter on one of those teams . The guy is trying to start a conversation and you have to be a flaccid lost .
I will go UNC , SBU , ND , Loyola

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone else?

5X - Maryland
5X - North Carolina

3X - Boston College
3X - Syracuse
3X - Princeton
3X - Penn State
3X - Northwestern

2X - Navy
2X - USC
2X - Stony Brook

1X - JMU
1X - Florida
1X - Loyola
1X - Virginia
1X - Penn
1X - UMass
1X - Denver
1X - Notre Dame
1X - Duke

Not the original poster but why do you care which team their daughter plays for? I guarantee my daughters team will not be playing in the final four and it is doubtful they will be in the tournament but I am still interested in who will be in it. No one discusses who will finish the season not ranked in the top 20 with an RPI of 45.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone else?

5X - Maryland
5X - North Carolina

3X - Boston College
3X - Syracuse
3X - Princeton
3X - Penn State
3X - Northwestern

2X - Navy
2X - USC
2X - Stony Brook

1X - JMU
1X - Florida
1X - Loyola
1X - Virginia
1X - Penn
1X - UMass
1X - Denver
1X - Notre Dame
1X - Duke

Different poster here but who cares if they have a daughter on one of those teams . The guy is trying to start a conversation and you have to be a flaccid lost .
I will go UNC , SBU , ND , Loyola

Would love to see it but I will not bet against MD. Not sure ND can get there. Florida? Penn State? Virginia?

Syracuse vs Stony Brook should be a great game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would love to see a non perennial Top 15-20 Team break into the mix. Who has a shot? Denver, Richmond, Michigan, Stanford?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone else?

5X - Maryland
5X - North Carolina

3X - Boston College
3X - Syracuse
3X - Princeton
3X - Penn State
3X - Northwestern

2X - Navy
2X - USC
2X - Stony Brook

1X - JMU
1X - Florida
1X - Loyola
1X - Virginia
1X - Penn
1X - UMass
1X - Denver
1X - Notre Dame
1X - Duke

Just a guess but probably because they view your question as ridiculous and snarky.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What other freshman put up “big” points in games that weren’t mismatched complete blow outs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I originally had ND going to the final 4 but will now replace them with NW. I get ND plays a difficult conference schedule ( not by choice) but I prefer teams that choose to challenge themselves not run up their stats . They do not have 1 difficult elective game .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I originally had ND going to the final 4 but will now replace them with NW. I get ND plays a difficult conference schedule ( not by choice) but I prefer teams that choose to challenge themselves not run up their stats . They do not have 1 difficult elective game .

It’s kinda tough to punish any team because of their scheduled this year, travel restrictions and avoiding hotels etc had a big impact on them. ND was pretty good last year, no reason to think they slipped much.

I’ll go with UNC, Syracuse, ND, Loyola... with prize going to UNC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would love to see a non perennial Top 15-20 Team break into the mix. Who has a shot? Denver, Richmond, Michigan, Stanford?

Richmond?
Please
Radford scored 10 goals on them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s kinda tough to punish any team because of their scheduled this year, travel restrictions and avoiding hotels etc had a big impact on them. ND was pretty good last year, no reason to think they slipped much.

UNC will not win. They are overrated. Same with Duke on Men’s side. I’ll be right on both.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Richmond?
Please
Radford scored 10 goals on them

Richmond is a solid team. They found a way to beat Virginia last year (UVA ranked 6 at the time). The program is on the rise and they should definitely be Top 20. Can they find a way to knock someone off in the tournament? Only time will tell but I think they have as good of a chance as any other non-perennial to surprise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the Syracuse v Loyola game will be a good read on those two teams, then Syracuse v Stoney Brook right after.

The one thing I point out is SU had no issue with NW. ND and UNC both struggled with NW.

UNC has FL and Duke in next couple of weeks.

ND nobody for next two weeks

So I think even know it is early in season we will get some idea on top 4 quickly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the Syracuse v Loyola game will be a good read on those two teams, then Syracuse v Stoney Brook right after.

The one thing I point out is SU had no issue with NW. ND and UNC both struggled with NW.

So I think even know it is early in season we will get some idea on top 4 quickly.

Apparently the Ivy's are officially out for 2021. That means 2 possibly 3 Tournament spots (Princeton, Penn & Dartmouth) will now open up for other schools. Which teams will be able to take advantage? Will it be additional ACC or Big 10 teams or will some other programs be able to capitalize on the absence of the Ivy's?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every year people say watch out for this team or that team but in the end its usually the same teams year after year. The level of play falls off a cliff outside the top 20. Then there is a big difference from 10-20.

And as far as Spallina, guy is impossible to root for. Cocky, overly physical, coaches to bend rules or take liberties, BUT guy gets more with less than any other coach in the country. If he was at Florida or ND during their strong years he would have won a couple of Naty's, those coaches couldnt coach up great teams when they needed coaching in the tournament

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the Syracuse v Loyola game will be
a good read on those two teams, then Syracuse v Stoney Brook right after.

Up by 2 with under 3 minutes to play is not exactly no problem for Cuse over NW , as a matter of fact UNC was up by 2 with almost the same exact time remains over NW . Yes Cuse is good but a couple of stat padding goals late in the NW game is not overly impressive especially after losing to SBU . Duke has not looked good so far .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every year people say watch out for this team or that team but in the end its usually the same teams year after year. The level of play falls off a cliff outside the top 20. Then there is a big difference from 10-20.

And as far as Spallina, guy is impossible to root for. Cocky, overly physical, coaches to bend rules or take liberties, BUT guy gets more with less than any other coach in the country. If he was at Florida or ND during their strong years he would have won a couple of Naty's, those coaches couldnt coach up great teams when they needed coaching in the tournament

I do not completely agree. In recent years there has only been one team that has been there in the end (Final Four) every year and that would be The Maryland Terrapins. 20 Teams have finished the season ranked in the Top 10 over the past five seasons 2015 - 2019. Nine different teams have made it to the Final Four and three different teams have won The National Championship.

Maryland - 5X Top 10 Finish, 5X Final Four, 3X National Championship.
UNC - 5X Top 10 Finish, 4X Final Four, 1X National Championship.

BC - 4X Top 10 Finish, 3X Final Four.
Syracuse - 4X Top 10 Finish, 2X Final Four.
Princeton - 4X Top 10 Finish.

Penn State - 3X Top 10 Finish, 2X Final Four.
Stony Brook - 3X Top 10 Finish.
Florida - 3X Top 10 Finish.

Navy - 2X Top 10 Finish, 1X Final Four.
Northwestern - 2X Top 10 Finish, 1X Final Four.
Loyola - 2X Top 10 Finish.
USC - 2X Top 10 Finish.
Virginia - 2X Top 10 Finish
Notre Dame - 2X Top 10 Finish

JMU - 1X Top 10 Finish, 1X Final Four, 1X National Championship.
Penn - 1X Top 10 Finish.
Duke - 1X Top 10 Finish.
Stanford - 1X Top 10 Finish.
Towson - 1 X Top 10 Finish.
Denver - 1X Top 10 Finish.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will take UNC and Maryland every year, you can have the rest of the field

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do not completely agree. In recent years there has only been one team that has been there in the end (Final Four) every year and that would be The Maryland Terrapins. 20 Teams have finished the season ranked in the Top 10 over the past five seasons 2015 - 2019. Nine different teams have made it to the Final Four and three different teams have won The National Championship.

Maryland - 5X Top 10 Finish, 5X Final Four, 3X National Championship.
UNC - 5X Top 10 Finish, 4X Final Four, 1X National Championship.

BC - 4X Top 10 Finish, 3X Final Four.
Syracuse - 4X Top 10 Finish, 2X Final Four.
Princeton - 4X Top 10 Finish.

Penn State - 3X Top 10 Finish, 2X Final Four.
Stony Brook - 3X Top 10 Finish.
Florida - 3X Top 10 Finish.

Navy - 2X Top 10 Finish, 1X Final Four.
Northwestern - 2X Top 10 Finish, 1X Final Four.
Loyola - 2X Top 10 Finish.
USC - 2X Top 10 Finish.
Virginia - 2X Top 10 Finish
Notre Dame - 2X Top 10 Finish

JMU - 1X Top 10 Finish, 1X Final Four, 1X National Championship.
Penn - 1X Top 10 Finish.
Duke - 1X Top 10 Finish.
Stanford - 1X Top 10 Finish.
Towson - 1 X Top 10 Finish.
Denver - 1X Top 10 Finish.

Obviously UNC will be tough to beat, goalie is terrific, team
Defense is excellent, defense and midfielders are extremely athletic and fast , offense is smart and plays with confidence and poise , very unselfish and well coached.

The just held to very good teams to 7 and 5 goals! Not going to lose any game if they keep opponents under 10 goals.

Their offense gets the hype but this team is built from back to front with tremendous speed on the defensive side. In close games that will allow for momentum and game Changing transitions / fast breaks to an attack that can finish as well as anyone.

Northwestern will put up numbers but not sure how their D will be.

Stony Brook is solid but like NU they may have to put up big numbers in order to win.

Can’t wait to watch Syracuse.

Maryland?? Just can’t bring myself to count them out.

Many unfamiliar faces at BC... time will tell.

Loyola will be tough, well balanced , slick and smart. Are they athletic / fast enough to hang with the best?

Virginia looked ok but don’t think they are final 8.

No Idea how Navy will be. Same for USC... we will know soon enough.

Penn State Freshmen getting a lot of hype... with some teams loaded with 5th year seniors it’s going to be tough for freshmen to do the heavy lifting.

Notre Dame? What will make this year different?

Florida? Very good in the goal. D is solid. laxplayer is very good. I will not count them out...

Stanford is supposed to be tough. IdK.

Duke....???? What has happened to them? Don’t think they will finish Top 10.

JMU, always solid. Can they find the magic again?

Towson , another solid program but not sure they will compete with top teams this year.

Denver? Don’t know much about them.

Anyone else out there? Georgetown, Michigan, Hofstra, UMass, Hopkins??? Anyone?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just don't see Notre Dame or Loyola being better than Stony Brook, Maryland or Northwestern

Must not of watched much lax last year..

Pretty sure that nobody watched much lax last year...

Both ND and Loyola will be very good (as will Northwestern, Stony Brook and Maryland)

In the end, it will all come down to overall Team Defense and goalie play as it always does...

Good luck to all!

Loyola? Did not look like Top Tier Team Today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As I noted earlier Cuse is the team to beat. Many experience 5th years and seniors. But I was shocked at Loyola lack of 1v1 defense, and overall stick handling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawrsychuk is the best player this year ( was last year also) doesn’t mean she’ll win the tewaaraton but she should.

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 45 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 44 45
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard