BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 45 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 44 45
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
IWLCA Preseason Coaches Poll

1 North Carolina
2 Notre Dame
3 Syracuse
4 Loyola
5 Northwestern
6 Stony Brook
7 Maryland
8 Florida
9 Michigan
10 James Madison
11 Denver
12 Boston College
13 USC
14 Richmond
15 Duke
16 Virginia
17 Penn
18 Virginia Tech
19 Dartmouth
20 UMass
T-21 Navy
T-21 Penn State
23 Stanford
24 Colorado
25 Princeton

Just don't see Notre Dame or Loyola being better than Stony Brook, Maryland or Northwestern.

I see three Ivies in the top 25. Are all the student athletes playing? If I remember I saw that something like 15 Princton girls are not even in school.

Yeah, not sure what to make of these rankings. I guess the reality is that once you look beyond the traditional Top 10 - 15 teams nobody knows which teams to rank.

Due to the current situation I can’t see any of the three Ivy’s listed above finishing in the Top 20 this year

The question is, what teams should be ranked in place of the 3 Ivy’s?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 North Carolina
2 Notre Dame
3 Syracuse
4 Loyola
5 Northwestern
6 Stony Brook
7 Maryland
8 Florida
9 Michigan
10 James Madison
11 Denver
12 Boston College
13 USC
14 Richmond
15 Duke
16 Virginia
17 Penn
18 Virginia Tech
19 Dartmouth
20 UMass
T-21 Navy
T-21 Penn State
23 Stanford
24 Colorado
25 Princeton

Just don't see Notre Dame or Loyola being better than Stony Brook, Maryland or Northwestern.

I see three Ivies in the top 25. Are all the student athletes playing? If I remember I saw that something like 15 Princton girls are not even in school.

I only see 2 Ivy's

Penn, Dartmouth and Princeton

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 North Carolina
2 Notre Dame
3 Syracuse
4 Loyola
5 Northwestern
6 Stony Brook
7 Maryland
8 Florida
9 Michigan
10 James Madison
11 Denver
12 Boston College
13 USC
14 Richmond
15 Duke
16 Virginia
17 Penn
18 Virginia Tech
19 Dartmouth
20 UMass
T-21 Navy
T-21 Penn State
23 Stanford
24 Colorado
25 Princeton

Yeah, not sure what to make of these rankings. I guess the reality is that once you look beyond the traditional Top 10 - 15 teams nobody knows which teams to rank.

Due to the current situation I can’t see any of the three Ivy’s listed above finishing in the Top 20 this year

Just looked at the Princeton article again and it states that "19" players did not enroll this year. It looks like just about all of the mainstay players from 2020 opted out. I know that Princeton is a great program but a Top 25 ranking is a bit unrealistic to say the least. Not trying to knock The Tigers, I do not think any program "Maryland, North Carolina, Northwestern, Syracuse" etc... would be Top 25 at the end of the season playing without 15 - 20 of their best players. I guess the coaches must not think that there are many competitive teams outside the usual suspects. You would think that the coaches voting in the poll are aware of the situation at Princeton as well as other Ivy programs. Hearing Princeton is not the only program with players withdrawing from school.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
NESCAC schools have announced they will wait until late March to make a decision on spring sports. They can still practice which traditional starts 2/15. Several programs has student athletes positive for COVID and four schools don't have students on campus.

The polls, always subjective, are more subjective this year.

If D1 mens basketball is showing is that a positive case can make a schedule difficult. Villanova went almost a month without playing, positive cases has caused Iona fits and many programs put on hold. Lets hope things get a bit better in the next month. 14 day "sit outs" are tough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 North Carolina
2 Notre Dame
3 Syracuse
4 Loyola
5 Northwestern
6 Stony Brook
7 Maryland
8 Florida
9 Michigan
10 James Madison
11 Denver
12 Boston College
13 USC
14 Richmond
15 Duke
16 Virginia
17 Penn
18 Virginia Tech
19 Dartmouth
20 UMass
T-21 Navy
T-21 Penn State
23 Stanford
24 Colorado
25 Princeton

Just looked at the Princeton article again and it states that "19" players did not enroll this year. It looks like just about all of the mainstay players from 2020 opted out. I know that Princeton is a great program but a Top 25 ranking is a bit unrealistic to say the least. Not trying to knock The Tigers, I do not think any program "Maryland, North Carolina, Northwestern, Syracuse" etc... would be Top 25 at the end of the season playing without 15 - 20 of their best players. I guess the coaches must not think that there are many competitive teams outside the usual suspects. You would think that the coaches voting in the poll are aware of the situation at Princeton as well as other Ivy programs. Hearing Princeton is not the only program with players withdrawing from school.

On the men's side 40 of 48 Yale Players withdrew from school and apparently a bunch of Cornell men just withdrew as well. Is this happening on the women's side also?

As far as the ranking go, what teams should be ranked in place of the Ivy's? Towson? Hofstra? ??

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just read that UMass has shut down sports til March

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland vs Hopkins cancelled as well. This will be the entire seasons issue. Not good for the teams and players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just don't see Notre Dame or Loyola being better than Stony Brook, Maryland or Northwestern

Must not of watched much lax last year..

Pretty sure that nobody watched much lax last year...

Both ND and Loyola will be very good (as will Northwestern, Stony Brook and Maryland)

In the end, it will all come down to overall Team Defense and goalie play as it always does...

Good luck to all!

Look no further than The Supper Bowl... it will be defense and goalie play that will determine which team wins the championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just don't see Notre Dame or Loyola being better than Stony Brook, Maryland or Northwestern

Must not of watched much lax last year..

Pretty sure that nobody watched much lax last year...

Both ND and Loyola will be very good (as will Northwestern, Stony Brook and Maryland)

In the end, it will all come down to overall Team Defense and goalie play as it always does...

Good luck to all!

Look no further than The Supper Bowl... it will be defense and goalie play that will determine which team wins the championship.

Football has a goalie?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JMU shut down as well

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JMU shut down as well

Are they shut down or was their game postponed because their Covid protocol did not meet that of the ACC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JMU shut down as well

Are they shut down or was their game postponed because their Covid protocol did not meet that of the ACC

You mean ACC lack of standard???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JMU shut down as well

You mean ACC lack of standard???

No I meant maybe the JMU protocols after positive Covid tests did not reach the standards set by the ACC for their teams to play . If the JMU protocols exceeded that of the ACC then I suspect that would be good enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook heading to UNC for Sunday game! Two teams with legitimate shot at The Final Four. Should be a good game. IMHO both teams “Win” for making this happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook heading to UNC for Sunday game! Two teams with legitimate shot at The Final Four. Should be a good game. IMHO both teams “Win” for making this happen.

Maybe but honestly I am surprised UNC took the game as they have everything to lose and not much to gain other than experience. My guess is Levy and Spallina both coaching the US team had something to do with it. Should be an interesting game as in my opinion UNC has the deeper more talented players but SBU the much better coach.Also all these early season games are going to most likely be very sloppy with the teams not having played in real games in some time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think when looking back on this season, the biggest accomplishments will be getting in as many games as possible under a ton of restrictions and obstacles.. wins and loses will be a distant second. kudos for the coaches and players getting after it anyway possible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe but honestly I am surprised UNC took the game as they have everything to lose and not much to gain other than experience. My guess is Levy and Spallina both coaching the US team had something to do with it. Should be an interesting game as in my opinion UNC has the deeper more talented players but SBU the much better coach.Also all these early season games are going to most likely be very sloppy with the teams not having played in real games in some time.

UNC has everything to lose? What do they have to lose? It is a game, that is all and that is all they have to lose.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 North Carolina
2 Notre Dame
3 Syracuse
4 Loyola
5 Northwestern
6 Stony Brook
7 Maryland
8 Florida
9 Michigan
10 James Madison
11 Denver
12 Boston College
13 USC
14 Richmond
15 Duke
16 Virginia
17 Penn
18 Virginia Tech
19 Dartmouth
20 UMass
T-21 Navy
T-21 Penn State
23 Stanford
24 Colorado
25 Princeton

Duke is not Top 20.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UNC has everything to lose? What do they have to lose? It is a game, that is all and that is all they have to lose.

You must be a complete bore , thanks for the it’s a game captain obvious . What does UNC have to lose , well they could lose their #1 ranking in every poll ,they could lose a possible top NCAA tournament seeding , they could lose some of their programs luster by loosing this game , say what you want but pretty much everyone outside of Long Islanders has UNC as a top tier program with Maryland and has Stony Brook below that level .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be a complete bore , thanks for the it’s a game captain obvious . What does UNC have to lose , well they could lose their #1 ranking in every poll ,they could lose a possible top NCAA tournament seeding , they could lose some of their programs luster by loosing this game , say what you want but pretty much everyone outside of Long Islanders has UNC as a top tier program with Maryland and has Stony Brook below that level .

Call me crazy... I am of the mindset that good coaches and players want to compete. They want to challenge themselves, they don’t want to hide and hope they remain ranked #1. They believe in themselves and they believe in their team and they welcome the opportunity to prove it on the field.

On the other hand I guess there are some who believe in hype, polls and opinion and would therefore not want to jeopardize some lofty status by actually going out of their way to challenge themselves.

Nothing to lose, everything to learn.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those who are afraid to lose will never win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one is disputing that at all. Maryland and UNC in a class by themselves some up years some years not as good but better than most teams best. This game wouldn’t change that
Its a fun game yes UNC is probably one of the most loaded rosters ever. While I think SB will be game and play hard as heck. I think the game in two days notice hurts SB as I think the only place they are better is with the coach and 3 days to prep will be nearly impossible People love SB on here and people beat up SB on here truth is great job by both programs saying “let’s play “. I have UNC 18-13

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A couple observations from the UNC/SB game:
SB out of their league. Too many turnovers and some thug play there. Kennedy a beast, not sure about her being the best player though.
UNC was all around good, but the a couple of the highly touted superstars did nothing. Such as the big graduate transfer and number one freshman who’s only stat was a yellow.
Overall a pretty boring game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SB out of their league. Too many turnovers and some thug play there. Kennedy a beast, not sure about her being the best player though.
UNC was all around good, but the a couple of the highly touted superstars did nothing. Such as the big graduate transfer and number one freshman who’s only stat was a yellow.

Defense, Goalie and Coaching was the difference and the reasons why UNC won the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you saw the game on TV the art of beating a zone is ball movement. UNC found the open cutter inside all day long. Can’t push out that far on that type of zone without serious pressure on ball. SB was trying to catch up to ball day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Much better Coach, really? SB was out of their league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So excited that the games are back (for now LOL). My daughter is in high school and it’s fun to see if anyone familiar has any stats yet. But I need to ask...the rosters seem to be bursting at the seams and how many classes will go all five years? The current freshman do not have to extra year but the sophomores do- will most take the fiftieth year by then? How will all of this pan out in the end?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SB overrated freshman did nothing either!! JS overrates his players but the truth comes out when games are played!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We were actually saying when it was 10-7 w 15 minutes to go that if coaches were reversed NC would of been up 10. My daughter is a UNC alum and
This is the most talented roster as long as we have been around. Great job by SB got the game really close after halftime and even better job by these teams to pull the game together. Should be a fun fun season

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We were actually saying when it was 10-7 w 15 minutes to go that if coaches were reversed NC would of been up 10. My daughter is a UNC alum and
This is the most talented roster as long as we have been around. Great job by SB got the game really close after halftime and even better job by these teams to pull the game together. Should be a fun fun season

They were doubled up... not that close. Definitely out coached today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SB overrated freshman did nothing either!! JS overrates his players but the truth comes out when games are played!
Neither did wurzburger was hoping both would produce

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Personally think freshman will really show how much mixing their senior years hurt them. Two IL top 10 players today in UNC SB game didn’t do much at all Hopefully this season fully goes. Rosters are over flowing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t love all Spallina’s antics with pumping his players up but guy can coach. Always say you can judge a coach by how they start a game (preparation ) and how they start a half (adjustments) evident today Think UNC is just too good and will be all year but at 9-7 at almost half way of second half I was concerned. Regardless just glad kids are playing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t love all Spallina’s antics with pumping his players up but guy can coach. Always say you can judge a coach by how they start a game (preparation ) and how they start a half (adjustments) evident today Think UNC is just too good and will be all year but at 9-7 at almost half way of second half I was concerned. Regardless just glad kids are playing

The rest of the world judges coaches on how they finish games and seasons... get a grip, SBU out coached today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Missed the game yesterday do to rec basketball. No lax up here yet. Just watched replay.

Overall a good game with high and lows. I do agree with poster on JS and coaching. The fact the score was 9-7 with 20 mins to go was impressive. (JS isn’t getting A team YJ and TG players) The 3 goals out of the half was adjustments on the D end of field. That is coaching. SB also had numerous shots over cage that if a couple went in maybe a different ball game. The UNC defense and goalie were outstanding. I know the Offense gets all the attention but the D was very good. Many 5th years on D and it showed.

Both teams are very mature and big players with years of playing in big games when looking at rosters. They better win this year as many graduate. The next years could be rough once this group graduates.

As far as younger players they will learn as season progresses. At looking at the top teams(caught NW game) I am not sure why these coaches don’t red shirt the younger players. They still practice with team, but heck save the year. I think we will hear more this very soon for the younger kids not getting playing time.

Great to see lax back and playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Personally think freshman will really show how much mixing their senior years hurt them. Two IL top 10 players today in UNC SB game didn’t do much at all Hopefully this season fully goes. Rosters are over flowing

Both those girls were way overrated since day 1. Now we can see why. Looked like deer in the headlights. The UNC superstar freshman never played anyone, and racked up points in HS against terrible competition. My favorite part of the game way when AK layed JO. Wouldn’t want to get in her way! Girl plays with a lot of heart! There was also quite a bit of flopping in that game. Why did JS have a fit when his player was hit in the neck, when SB did the same thing on the other side? And how do girls get all these free shots trying do barrel through defenses, then flopping to the ground?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“My favorite part of the game way when AK layed JO”

Seriously your favorite part of the game was watching a player get hurt . Sorry but it was easy to see why the reputation of theSBU team and that player in particular is what it is . Not sure why US Lacrosse wants that being what represents them , there are plenty of talented players and coaches to choose from that are actually good role models .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously your favorite part of the game was watching a player get hurt . Sorry but it was easy to see why the reputation of theSBU team and that player in particular is what it is . Not sure why US Lacrosse wants that being what represents them , there are plenty of talented players and coaches to choose from that are actually good role models .

Thug ball! Girl is lucky she didn't get a season-ending injury with that hit. In football, the player would have been ejected for lowering the shoulder like that! Should at the very least have been a yellow!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately, there are WAY too many parents out there that LOVE to watch players get hurt. Shows that whoever their daughter plays for is taught to play that way...learn to play right and you won't NEED to hurt a player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The bitterness never ends... What is the matter with you people. Still jealous that these players receive more attention and recognition than your daughter? As far as I know, players do not rank or rate themselves so I never understand why small minded bitter parents come on here and try to tear the players down.

19 UNC players saw playing time vs SBU, 14 of the 19 were Under Armour All-Americans. I believe at least 17 of 19 were Ranked in the Top 50 by Inside Lacrosse coming out of HS. UNC has all 12 starters back from last season with a number of returning All-Americans. The fact that the "big transfer" stepped right into the starting lineup speaks volumes as to her ability. For a freshmen to even get playing time is also very impressive. Just about all of the UNC players who saw action were highly touted coming out of HS and it looks like they are living up to they hype.

Stony Brook is also a very good team with a fair share of AA caliber players so for their freshmen to get playing time against UNC is also impressive.

Any player who starts and or plays a regular roll on a Top 10 caliber team is an excellent player. As a matter of fact, there are many players at Top Programs who rarely see the field who would walk right in and start at Teams outside the Top 10 - 15.

So keep on hating and telling yourself that your daughter is better and should have received more recognition.

Like Reply Quote
Page 9 of 45 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 44 45
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard