BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,700
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 58 of 70 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 69 70
Re: Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (HoCo)
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not that it really matters, but which club will win the most championships in the top division? Hawks seem like the best bet since they likely will win 2026 and have good shots in 2025, 2027, and 2029. Madlax next since they have plausible shots in most every year. Then maybe Next Level (2027, 2028, and 2030) and FCA (2025 and 2028). Anyone else have more than one team that is competitive for the top spot? Team 91 at 2025, but nothing else. Crabs are good at a number of ages but not top anywhere.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not that it really matters, but which club will win the most championships in the top division? Hawks seem like the best bet since they likely will win 2026 and have good shots in 2025, 2027, and 2029. Madlax next since they have plausible shots in most every year. Then maybe Next Level (2027, 2028, and 2030) and FCA (2025 and 2028). Anyone else have more than one team that is competitive for the top spot? Team 91 at 2025, but nothing else. Crabs are good at a number of ages but not top anywhere.

Madlax will likely be in every championship game. Hawks should win at least 2 - 26 and 29 for sure and the 28s should have a real chance with the holdbacks. 25s and 27s have clearly taken a step back but have a chance. NL will win one - probably 2027. FCA gets blanked because 91 wins 25s - easily. My guess is nobody wins 3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My guess is only Hawks get 2 (26 and 29). 91 wins 25, Madlax wins 27, NL gets 28, and don’t have any kids or friends with kids at 30. Maybe BLC?

But Madlax could easily end up with a lot more if things break well for them in the playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My guess is only Hawks get 2 (26 and 29). 91 wins 25, Madlax wins 27, NL gets 28, and don’t have any kids or friends with kids at 30. Maybe BLC?

But Madlax could easily end up with a lot more if things break well for them in the playoffs.

Can Madlax include their players who play on their Capital teams that live out of state on their roster for HoCo? For instance they have a FL and NC kid on their 2025 Capital Roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can Madlax include their players who play on their Capital teams that live out of state on their roster for HoCo? For instance they have a FL and NC kid on their 2025 Capital Roster.

What is with all the smoke and mirrors in youth lax. Capital team, Regional team National team. When you compete with kids brought from all over the place on a local level it is worse then holdbacks. Show up with what you got.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are kids actually willing to travel from NC or FLA for a 50 min game on Sundays?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t think there is any requirement that the players be local. If the player is rostered before the fourth game, is any the grade stated, and is not rostered for another team, I think it is legal to have out of state players on the roster. It is contrary to the spirit of HOCO providing a local club league in the spring to bring in out of state players, but I don’t think there is any rule against it looking at the league bylaws.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t think there is any requirement that the players be local. If the player is rostered before the fourth game, is any the grade stated, and is not rostered for another team, I think it is legal to have out of state players on the roster. It is contrary to the spirit of HOCO providing a local club league in the spring to bring in out of state players, but I don’t think there is any rule against it looking at the league bylaws.

Uhh... there are out of state teams that compete in HOCO.... just sayin..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are kids actually willing to travel from NC or FLA for a 50 min game on Sundays?
They've been doing it for years. 91 MD had a contingent of players from TX who flew in for 2022 games. Crabs has had a few CA and TX players fly in as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They've been doing it for years. 91 MD had a contingent of players from TX who flew in for 2022 games. Crabs has had a few CA and TX players fly in as well.

That's crazy. Spend more time at boarding than on the field.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Uhh... there are out of state teams that compete in HOCO.... just sayin..

Having teams from VA playing HoCo is different than flying individual kids from Missouri, Texas, FL. Just sayin.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When I was growing up we had a word for boys whose parents arranged for them to play against kids a year younger.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax will likely be in every championship game. Hawks should win at least 2 - 26 and 29 for sure and the 28s should have a real chance with the holdbacks. 25s and 27s have clearly taken a step back but have a chance. NL will win one - probably 2027. FCA gets blanked because 91 wins 25s - easily. My guess is nobody wins 3.

No way MadLax gets near the finals in 2026. They will have their hands full with Looneys, Crabs, and Hawks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is not about legality, rule and requirement, it is about sanity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is not about legality, rule and requirement, it is about sanity.

Most , not all , realize what a big waste of time it was in the end. Could have spent more time with their son locally and a lot less money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is with all the smoke and mirrors in youth lax. Capital team, Regional team National team. When you compete with kids brought from all over the place on a local level it is worse then holdbacks. Show up with what you got.

It's not that big a deal and different sports do it all the time across the country. We planned a vacation last summer and reached out to the local teams to see if he could play while we were there. Several said no problem and happy they could help.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not that big a deal and different sports do it all the time across the country. We planned a vacation last summer and reached out to the local teams to see if he could play while we were there. Several said no problem and happy they could help.

For summer, I think it’s fine to have out of region players since you are playing out of region clubs anyway. But HOCO is more fun if it is about regional and club rivalries for the youth teams. All the kids are 8th grade or younger so there’s no recruiting angle and the rivalries aren’t as fun if teams are bringing in people from Texas or whatever who have little connection to the clubs or area. Without the rivalry games, HOCO is just like any other tournament game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's the last thing I am thinking about on a vacation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are there national or regional teams registered for
HoCo?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But Madlax could easily end up with a lot more if things break well for them in the playoffs

What is with all the smoke and mirrors in youth lax. Capital team, egional team National team. When you compete with kids brought from all over the place on a local level it is worse then holdbacks. Show up with what you got.

That's the reason your son wont go D1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For summer, I think it’s fine to have out of region players since you are playing out of region clubs anyway. But HOCO is more fun if it is about regional and club rivalries for the youth teams. All the kids are 8th grade or younger so there’s no recruiting angle and the rivalries aren’t as fun if teams are bringing in people from Texas or whatever who have little connection to the clubs or area. Without the rivalry games, HOCO is just like any other tournament game.

Clubs exist to make money, not provide a source of fun. Winning draws the best players. Don’t need to develop players (except owner’s son) when you can just poach them. Then they go D1 and club takes credit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But Madlax could easily end up with a lot more if things break well for them in the playoffs

What is with all the smoke and mirrors in youth lax. Capital team, egional team National team. When you compete with kids brought from all over the place on a local level it is worse then holdbacks. Show up with what you got.

Lol. Our summer is already full of the top tournaments on a top team. Don't need to pimp him out and make the rest of my kids sit at a tournament while on "vacation". You must be a goalie dad And he doesn't play other sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What quality team is taking some vacationing kid on for a tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. Our summer is already full of the top tournaments on a top team. Don't need to pimp him out and make the rest of my kids sit at a tournament while on "vacation". You must be a goalie dad And he doesn't play other sports.

"Our summer"...that says it all. Living through Jr.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I recall talking to a Midwest family who's kid was playing in MD for a "National" team. They said their Summers are an extended East Coast road trip. The kid plays for various teams and coming out to the East he is able to play a lot of tournaments against better competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. You're a dope, yes, our, as in our family.
So i was correct, you are a goalie dad of a one sport kid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why are u guessing goalie? With so few goalies out there the odds are against it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks always win more than that. 25 is really competitive so maybe that's a one off for some club. Madlax 27 is starting to implode as parents are now calling other teams for placement and BLC parents are asking about returning across the river so Hawks get another one there. NL is competitive at every age except 26 but won't get any.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any mid-roster player in elite or aaa in this area is immediately one of the top players on just about any roster in the country. The tournament dates for that team didn't match up with the vacation but our kid got to go to a few practices and had a blast. Sweetlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why are u guessing goalie? With so few goalies out there the odds are against it.

Guessing he didnt play sports or was cut in freshman year and lives thru his non goalie son. LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha. the the guy who refers to his family's summer as our summer is living through his kid? You are planning vacations round having your son guest play with strangers while you are on vacation. For siblings sake, I hope he's an only child.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks always win more than that. 25 is really competitive so maybe that's a one off for some club. Madlax 27 is starting to implode as parents are now calling other teams for placement and BLC parents are asking about returning across the river so Hawks get another one there. NL is competitive at every age except 26 but won't get any.

Regarding MadLax, the question is which parents are calling other teams or going back to BLC - the top 16 on the roster, or the next 10?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a lot of registrations yet for 2026. Are teams waiting until the last possible day to commit the $1,800 registration fee?

Status of 2026 Registration:

Elite 18 openings remaining
AAA 16 openings remaining
AA 16 openings remaining
A 17 openings remaining
B 19 openings remaining

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any mid-roster player in elite or aaa in this area is immediately one of the top players on just about any roster in the country. The tournament dates for that team didn't match up with the vacation but our kid got to go to a few practices and had a blast. Sweetlax.

This story keeps getting more strange. A DC/Baltimore family goes on vacation to fly-over country and asks if their mid-roster son can drop in on a random, inferior team's practice to use it like a free clinic? And this proves he is on track to be a division 1 player. Okay, got it. And that's relevant to the original discussion of MadLax flying in kids for HoCo games how?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a lot of registrations yet for 2026. Are teams waiting until the last possible day to commit the $1,800 registration fee?

AA 16 openings remaining
A 17 openings remaining
B 19 openings remaining

Can you clarify what this means? "18 openings remaining" for 2026 Elite---that can't possibly mean an 18-team elite division?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's what it says on the registration page. Go here and click on each division:

https://cdn4.sportngin.com/attachments/document/9322-2315828/GHCLC_Payment_-_Spring_2021.pdf

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From looking at the site my guess is the base number of available spots was set to 24 for whatever reason. So 16 spots remaining means 8 teams signed up for that division. Then I assume the competition committee sports out the odd numbers etc

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AA 16 openings remaining
A 17 openings remaining
B 19 openings remaining

Can you clarify what this means? "18 openings remaining" for 2026 Elite---that can't possibly mean an 18-team elite division?

Clearly there must be a mistake. No way they allow any B leagues. The breakdown must be:
Super Elite
Elite
AAA
AA
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AA 16 openings remaining
A 17 openings remaining
B 19 openings remaining

Clearly there must be a mistake. No way they allow any B leagues. The breakdown must be:
Super Elite
Elite
AAA
AA
A

This was a just a wasted post. Thanks for stirring the pot more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This story keeps getting more strange. A DC/Baltimore family goes on vacation to fly-over country and asks if their mid-roster son can drop in on a random, inferior team's practice to use it like a free clinic? And this proves he is on track to be a division 1 player. Okay, got it. And that's relevant to the original discussion of MadLax flying in kids for HoCo games how?

Due to the fact that he has hopes for his son to be D1, Let him dream, it will be over soon once recruiting starts

Like Reply Quote
Page 58 of 70 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 69 70
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard