BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 181 of 264 1 2 179 180 181 182 183 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Farmingdale is missing from this list

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Garden City, Manhasset, Massapequa, Cold Spring Harbor, Syosset are top dogs in 2021.

based on what? stats from 2019?

Well what is your prediction? Those are historically the best teams in Nassau.

For the class of 2021 how many D1 players does Garden City have? Which of these top high schools have the most class of 2021 kids going to play college at the D1 level in the fall?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Garden City, Manhasset, Massapequa, Cold Spring Harbor, Syosset are top dogs in 2021.

For the class of 2021 how many D1 players does Garden City have? Which of these top high schools have the most class of 2021 kids going to play college at the D1 level in the fall?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Traditional powerhouse high schools are not producing as many Division I players as they once did. I believe Garden City has no Division I players for the class of 2021. The other schools listed have a few. High schools that in the past were not known for lacrosse are now producing multiple Division I players ahead of the likes of Garden City. Things are changing. The best teams are still the traditional ones however it is more because of depth and not because they have the best starters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Traditional powerhouse high schools are not producing as many Division I players as they once did. I believe Garden City has no Division I players for the class of 2021. The other schools listed have a few. High schools that in the past were not known for lacrosse are now producing multiple Division I players ahead of the likes of Garden City. Things are changing. The best teams are still the traditional ones however it is more because of depth and not because they have the best starters.

Great point. To add if you look at many of the top D1 Rosters especially underclassman and those just signing you notice more and more kids are coming from non- traditional lacrosse states which speaks to growth of sport. Also, I have read several articles where multiple D1 coaches state they are looking for the best athletes they can develop within their own programs. High potential raw athletes. Many/arguably most of these kids also have not played as many years and their love of the game is at its peak as opposed to the burnout that many of us (myself included) may have caused by getting stunk into 12 month lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great point. To add if you look at many of the top D1 Rosters especially underclassman and those just signing you notice more and more kids are coming from non- traditional lacrosse states which speaks to growth of sport. Also, I have read several articles where multiple D1 coaches state they are looking for the best athletes they can develop within their own programs. High potential raw athletes. Many/arguably most of these kids also have not played as many years and their love of the game is at its peak as opposed to the burnout that many of us (myself included) may have caused by getting stunk into 12 month lacrosse.

Garden City has no Division I players for 2021. Massapequa only has one. There are no-name Long Island high schools with two or more Division I players for 2021 class. Those kids from the no-name high schools are definitely taking spots on the division one rosters from the Long Island traditional powerhouse high school kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone who will use 2021 D1 commits has no idea of [ChillLaxin] covid has hurt this graduating class. These boys lost their Junior seasons and their summer recruiting time. My son was in talks with several mid majors and they all took 5th year seniors instead and asked him to reclass. He chose to go D2 instead. I know many in this group who still don’t have a school. I don’t care about anything but seeing these kids play this spring. I’m also concerned about the numbers, as many fall sports kids who play lax in the spring will only play the fall sport instead of going back to back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone who will use 2021 D1 commits has no idea of [ChillLaxin] covid has hurt this graduating class. These boys lost their Junior seasons and their summer recruiting time. My son was in talks with several mid majors and they all took 5th year seniors instead and asked him to reclass. He chose to go D2 instead. I know many in this group who still don’t have a school. I don’t care about anything but seeing these kids play this spring. I’m also concerned about the numbers, as many fall sports kids who play lax in the spring will only play the fall sport instead of going back to back.

I think the point was that kids from no name lacrosse high schools from Long Island have now taking the spots at the Division I level from the traditional top high schools from Long Island. One would think that if Covid played a factor in that it would affect the no-name schools more than the top traditional Long Island schools. There are definitely better players being produced at Nontraditional lacrosse high schools from Long Island then from traditional schools. The number of Division I players supports that. Covid does not explain anything other than supporting the argument that everyone is catching up to do the traditional power houses. It is only a matter of time before those non-traditional benches become stronger too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another story is how few kids at the top D1 programs are actually coming from public HS across the board. Look at UVA current roster, looks like about 25% come from public (not Catholic) high schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the point was that kids from no name lacrosse high schools from Long Island have now taking the spots at the Division I level from the traditional top high schools from Long Island. One would think that if Covid played a factor in that it would affect the no-name schools more than the top traditional Long Island schools. There are definitely better players being produced at Nontraditional lacrosse high schools from Long Island then from traditional schools. The number of Division I players supports that. Covid does not explain anything other than supporting the argument that everyone is catching up to do the traditional power houses. It is only a matter of time before those non-traditional benches become stronger too.

So list those Nassau no name HS with all this top notch D1 talent. What D1 schools? Because if a kid is going to a top D3 school such as Tufts or Bowdoin, over say Mercer or Bellarmine, well I'll take the D3. So which no name Nassau HS has all this D-1 level talent?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't the question, who is the top 10 in Nassau? Where did the author ask for D-1 recruits?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Garden City has no Division I players for 2021. Massapequa only has one. There are no-name Long Island high schools with two or more Division I players for 2021 class. Those kids from the no-name high schools are definitely taking spots on the division one rosters from the Long Island traditional powerhouse high school kids.

I'm not sure how that's even possible. Are you just talking about the published/announced players on IL?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not sure how that's even possible. Are you just talking about the published/announced players on IL?

You can look at high school signing day announcements too. The post is very accurate. A lot of division one players from schools you would never think could produce a division one player. Schools like Garden City has none and Pequa has one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can look at high school signing day announcements too. The post is very accurate. A lot of division one players from schools you would never think could produce a division one player. Schools like Garden City has none and Pequa has one.
So what all our kids should stop playing lacrosse because they won't get a D1 ride? Is that the reason we all played. The talent pool has opened with the growth of the sport. The stranglehold that LI had because of coaches and players at the next level is not longer exclusive, bound to happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to men’s top 100 power rankings of incoming freshman, number of players ranked by state:
1. NY = 19 (35 per capita)
2. MD = 18 (38 per capita)
3. NJ = 8 (21 per capita)
4. PA = 6 (25 per capita)
5. Mass = 6 (15 per capita)

I added per capita based upon total number of youth lacrosse players participants per state (2013 survey).

Not perfect data sources, but the best I could find. Be great to see similar data by state/county for all D1 players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what all our kids should stop playing lacrosse because they won't get a D1 ride? Is that the reason we all played. The talent pool has opened with the growth of the sport. The stranglehold that LI had because of coaches and players at the next level is not longer exclusive, bound to happen.

What growth are you referring to? Per US Lacrosse, total participation growth has slowed in recent years, and I don’t see any reason for it accelerate in near future.

2002 = 13.5%
2003 = 4.7%
2004 = 16.7%
2005 = 8.4%
2006 = 11.7%
2007 = 12.8%
2008 = 9.1%
2009 = 8.4%
2010 = 10.0%
2011 = 9.6%
2012 = 5.5%
2013 = 3.4%
2014 = 3.5%
2015 = 3.8%
2016 = 3.0%
2017 = 0.1%
2018 = 0.3%

Also, from a per capita perspective, MD is the stronghold in terms of top D1 players and lax participation.

And MD is not far behind from an absolute youth participation:
NY = 55k
MD = 48k

Why all the Long Island haters?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Traditional powerhouse high schools are not producing as many Division I players as they once did. I believe Garden City has no Division I players for the class of 2021. The other schools listed have a few. High schools that in the past were not known for lacrosse are now producing multiple Division I players ahead of the likes of Garden City. Things are changing. The best teams are still the traditional ones however it is more because of depth and not because they have the best starters.

What growth are you referring to? Per US Lacrosse, total participation growth has slowed in recent years, and I don’t see any reason for it accelerate in near future.

2002 = 13.5%
2003 = 4.7%
2004 = 16.7%
2005 = 8.4%
2006 = 11.7%
2007 = 12.8%
2008 = 9.1%
2009 = 8.4%
2010 = 10.0%
2011 = 9.6%
2012 = 5.5%
2013 = 3.4%
2014 = 3.5%
2015 = 3.8%
2016 = 3.0%
2017 = 0.1%
2018 = 0.3%

Also, from a per capita perspective, MD is the stronghold in terms of top D1 players and lax participation.

And MD is not far behind from an absolute youth participation:
NY = 55k
MD = 48k

Other states have not caught up with Long Island. They found a way to compete by being older. Soon Long Island will hold back and re-class and level the playing field as far as age goes. Right now Long Island kids are starting to hold back. Even with these small percentage of kids from Long Island holding back compared to other states Long Island is still number one. When Long Island has the same number of all backs compared to other states the current dominance they enjoy will be even greater.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Other states have not caught up with Long Island. They found a way to compete by being older. Soon Long Island will hold back and re-class and level the playing field as far as age goes. Right now Long Island kids are starting to hold back. Even with these small percentage of kids from Long Island holding back compared to other states Long Island is still number one. When Long Island has the same number of all backs compared to other states the current dominance they enjoy will be even greater.[/quote]

The top player on 91 Smash is a hold back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still waiting on the answer to the original question, which schools in Nassau, since Massapequa and GC are “not good” are going to win? Calhoun? Hicksville? Freeport? Who takes the title in 1 and 2? Farmingdale? Syosset?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still waiting on the answer to the original question, which schools in Nassau, since Massapequa and GC are “not good” are going to win? Calhoun? Hicksville? Freeport? Who takes the title in 1 and 2? Farmingdale? Syosset?
Stop. Nobody cares

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did someone completely remove the New England Lacrosse and Founders League forum discussion?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
".
According to men’s top 100 power rankings of incoming freshman, number of players ranked by state:
5. Mass = 6 (15 per capita)"

The funny part about these rankings is - how many of these kids are actually at boarding schools in CT or MA? If a kid is from LI and goes to Salisbury School, I'm guessing he's classified as a NY player when you could argue he isn't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
".

The funny part about these rankings is - how many of these kids are actually at boarding schools in CT or MA? If a kid is from LI and goes to Salisbury School, I'm guessing he's classified as a NY player when you could argue he isn't.
The not funny part is how did it work out for all those post grads and transfers looking to get recruited? Founders league is probably not playing this year and didn't last year. Life is not all about lax fellas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop. Nobody cares

Wasn't that the question that started all this? Or was it all nonsense? really, the top teams in Nassau are the usual ones. And the no name Nassau schools with all the D-1 talent is just noise. The talent is where it always is: Massapequa, GC, Manhasset, CSH, Syosset and Farmingdale, with a few others out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
".

The not funny part is how did it work out for all those post grads and transfers looking to get recruited? Founders league is probably not playing this year and didn't last year. Life is not all about lax fellas.

Says someone impacted by NCAA decision to grant an addition year of eligibility to college seniors. Yes...We all know and agree with the pros and cons of this decisions forced by the black swan event we call covid. stinks...life is not fair...but life must move on!

BTW- This happens to be a lax forum and this post happens to share insights backed by data. Something not too often shared on this forum. So, happy for you to take the time to share insightful content of your own, back by relevant data, so that we all can have a meaningful debate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
".

Agreed, "Life is not all about lax" but last time I checked this was a lax forum thus call me crazy but people come here to talk about lax. Happy to change the name of the forum and discuss Dak Prescott's potential new contract, how to make a souffle, is it possible to keep the wife happy or peace in the Middle East. Any of those topics work as well but maybe not on a lax forum. Chat among yourselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
".

Agreed, "Life is not all about lax" but last time I checked this was a lax forum thus call me crazy but people come here to talk about lax. Happy to change the name of the forum and discuss Dak Prescott's potential new contract, how to make a souffle, is it possible to keep the wife happy or peace in the Middle East. Any of those topics work as well but maybe not on a lax forum. Chat among yourselves.

Suffolk is where the talent is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So list those Nassau no name HS with all this top notch D1 talent. What D1 schools? Because if a kid is going to a top D3 school such as Tufts or Bowdoin, over say Mercer or Bellarmine, well I'll take the D3. So which no name Nassau HS has all this D-1 level talent?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My son is a Sophomore and plays on one of the power Nassau schools mentioned. I have a friend whose kid plays at Carey and I'm pretty sure he told me they have 4-5 2021 D-1 commits which is more then my sons team. Just an example of a smaller school with 2021 going D-1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They just reinstated it. Either someone at BOTC has gorilla fingers or we upset someone in FL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the sarcastic question of how did it work our for all the kids that went to PG or Boarding school year; Can't speak for all, but certainly worked out well for my son. The known level of play, filmed practices and coaches connections and school reputation for producing top players worked out. My son is going to a top 25 school. That offer did not exist from that school prior to his pg year. And in terms of it being not just about lacrosse, agreed. He was more challenged academically and said if he were doing it all over again he would've gone there as a Freshman. All worked out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Williams, Amherst, Bucknell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Fairfield, Michigan, Geneseo plus another kid that chose d1 football over lax offers... Nassau has plenty of talent. That is the class of '20 from a small nassau school...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much did you pay for that year of PG

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop. Nobody cares

Wasn't that the question that started all this? Or was it all nonsense? really, the top teams in Nassau are the usual ones. And the no name Nassau schools with all the D-1 talent is just noise. The talent is where it always is: Massapequa, GC, Manhasset, CSH, Syosset and Farmingdale, with a few others out there.

Top Long Island high schools are still the top agreed. But they are not the top because the have the best starters. Unknown schools have more d1 starters than some of those top schools. You don’t need much to beat garden city starters who have no d1 players. Top schools like garden city and others have more depth and that is where they will win. Not because they have the best starters like a few years ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Williams, Amherst, Bucknell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Fairfield, Michigan, Geneseo plus another kid that chose d1 football over lax offers... Nassau has plenty of talent. That is the class of '20 from a small nassau school...

Yes Long Island is stronger than ever. However the players committed to division one and top division two & three colleges are now coming from many public high schools from Long Island for the class of 2021 who usually do not or have never produced a division one player in the past. This is a good thing not having a hand full of high schools from Long Island producing all the division one players in college. The game is spreading on Long Island too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes Long Island is stronger than ever. However the players committed to division one and top division two & three colleges are now coming from many public high schools from Long Island for the class of 2021 who usually do not or have never produced a division one player in the past. This is a good thing not having a hand full of high schools from Long Island producing all the division one players in college. The game is spreading on Long Island too.

Yes it is spreading to public schools but check out some of these "elite" colleges and university rosters.....overhelmingly players are from private schools located in a lot of different states.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Carey is the presumptive “best team” in Nassau because they have the most D-1 commits. Good to know!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes it is spreading to public schools but check out some of these "elite" colleges and university rosters.....overhelmingly players are from private schools located in a lot of different states.

It has always been that way. One of the major reasons is because kids who go to those schools will always be able to afford full tuition. So they get less scholarship money. If a college could pay less for a player slightly less talented they will do that every time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Top Long Island high schools are still the top agreed. But they are not the top because the have the best starters. Unknown schools have more d1 starters than some of those top schools. You don’t need much to beat garden city starters who have no d1 players. Top schools like garden city and others have more depth and that is where they will win. Not because they have the best starters like a few years ago."

OK, so you are saying the same top schools consistently put out good teams that are deep but may lack transcendent star, but every seven years all the other schools at the bottom of their conference will produce a stud? Great. That is the difference between a town and school with an entrenched program and the random occurrence of a great athlete going through your district every decade. So roll the dice and move to a lower tier program playing the odds your kid will be that stud or go to a town with a program and good schools. Seems pretty clear to me... I'd be willing to bet that the top 5 Nassau programs, in no particular order, Manhasset, CSH, GC, Massapequa and Syosset have more kids on D1 rosters than the rest of the County combined. Not a fact, but I bet pretty close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Carey is the presumptive “best team” in Nassau because they have the most D-1 commits. Good to know!

I don’t think anybody is saying Carey is the best. I think the point people are trying to make is that the traditionally best teams for 2021 had their spots taken by kids from high schools that rarely have produced any college players much less division 1. Schools very close to Garden city such as North Shore and Garden city surrounding school districts were very successful in producing Division I players Carey being one of them but not the only one. I truly think Garden City got hurt for the 2021 class by all those kids not playing club lacrosse. The ones that played club lacrosse had the most success. The ones that stuck to the Garden City in-house program playing in C tournament did not benefit at all. The results show with no division one commits. I will never forget a few years ago according to a garden city parent on one of these threads that Garden City will always dominate and their 2021 class in-house will all be D1 and destroy any team not know for lacrosse by 30 goals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t think anybody is saying Carey is the best. I think the point people are trying to make is that the traditionally best teams for 2021 had their spots taken by kids from high schools that rarely have produced any college players much less division 1. Schools very close to Garden city such as North Shore and Garden city surrounding school districts were very successful in producing Division I players Carey being one of them but not the only one. I truly think Garden City got hurt for the 2021 class by all those kids not playing club lacrosse. The ones that played club lacrosse had the most success. The ones that stuck to the Garden City in-house program playing in C tournament did not benefit at all. The results show with no division one commits. I will never forget a few years ago according to a garden city parent on one of these threads that Garden City will always dominate and their 2021 class in-house will all be D1 and destroy any team not know for lacrosse by 30 goals.

I thought the original question was which school will dominate in Nassau? Then everyone wrote how many D-1 commits. With one poster stating that Carey has a whole slew of them. Therefore, based on the thread, Carey is the top dog! I am anxious to see the matchup between Carey and the traditional top schools.

Like Reply Quote
Page 181 of 264 1 2 179 180 181 182 183 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard