BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,660
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 219 of 220 1 2 217 218 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Seriously you are okay with whatever your coaches do off the field as it’s none of your business . Your okay with one of the administrators getting so wasted at the final 4 he could not walk . Sorry but it’s disgusting that you knowingly allow your kids to be around that behavior but my guess they see it at home also . You will always be in YJ shadow , yes you had Sam Apuzzo and now she wants little to do with the club .

And.........he is back. Take your crying towel and shine box and go home.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen Karen’s, It’s disgusting how you are looking to bash coaches constantly. I’m sure you are perfect. If we dig into the personal lives of Coaches and parents from EVERY organization I’m sure we will find plenty of skeletons in their closets. How does the coach treat your daughter? Is he/she bringing out the best in her? Is he /she knowledgeable and professional? Does she enjoy playing for said coach and team? Is the team attending competitive events? Is there help with recruiting? These are the questions you should be concerned with. Otherwise mind your business! If you are not happy with TG, or any other club for that matter, leave. Everyone is replaceable. But to come on hear and continue to trash people anonymously makes you look like a cowardly hammerhead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen Karen’s, It’s disgusting how you are looking to bash coaches constantly. I’m sure you are perfect. If we dig into the personal lives of Coaches and parents from EVERY organization I’m sure we will find plenty of skeletons in their closets. How does the coach treat your daughter? Is he/she bringing out the best in her? Is he /she knowledgeable and professional? Does she enjoy playing for said coach and team? Is the team attending competitive events? Is there help with recruiting? These are the questions you should be concerned with. Otherwise mind your business! If you are not happy with TG, or any other club for that matter, leave. Everyone is replaceable. But to come on hear and continue to trash people anonymously makes you look like a cowardly hammerhead.

I think we can agree there's a difference between your coach being a little hot headed and being a felon, right? This forum is a resource for parents and this information isn't really available elsewhere. Apparently the clubs are unconcerned with criminals being around young girls, so we need to be vigilant ourselves for our daughters' sakes. If you are aware of their background and decide to let your daughter play for them, at least you are armed with that information. Apparently there are strippers coaching for YJ also, so there's that....

Thanks for sharing this in the BOTC forum, each parent can decide what to do with the info.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for saying this. My daughter loves playing for Top Guns and is growing as a player. And I appreciate the communication from BS. It’s much better than our old club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Listen Karen’s, It’s disgusting how you are looking to bash coaches constantly. I’m sure you are perfect. If we dig into the personal lives of Coaches and parents from EVERY organization I’m sure we will find plenty of skeletons in their closets. How does the coach treat your daughter? Is he/she bringing out the best in her? Is he /she knowledgeable and professional? Does she enjoy playing for said coach and team? Is the team attending competitive events? Is there help with recruiting? These are the questions you should be concerned with. Otherwise mind your business! If you are not happy with TG, or any other club for that matter, leave. Everyone is replaceable. But to come on hear and continue to trash people anonymously makes you look like a cowardly hammerhead.

Thanks for saying this. My daughter loves playing for Top Guns and is growing as a player. And I appreciate the communication from BS. It’s much better than our old club.

People that come on here and criticize TG are usually from other clubs. They hope you will leave and go to their club. Good way for them to try and drum up new business.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So it seems there are many unfit coaches spread out among the travel programs, unfit directors as well. I coached for many years in youth lacrosse and SCGL at one point, were making all coaches register, get finger printed and did background checks on all the coaches. Not sure how thorough these checks were, but I thought this was a great step they took. All these clubs are free to hire whoever they want, yes even convicted criminals, and yes, that is a bit scary. Since all these travel clubs participate mainly under US Lacrosse sanctioned tournaments and player membership umbrella, it would be great if US Lacrosse could adapt similar screening for all registered coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So it seems there are many unfit coaches spread out among the travel programs, unfit directors as well. I coached for many years in youth lacrosse and SCGL at one point, were making all coaches register, get finger printed and did background checks on all the coaches. Not sure how thorough these checks were, but I thought this was a great step they took. All these clubs are free to hire whoever they want, yes even convicted criminals, and yes, that is a bit scary. Since all these travel clubs participate mainly under US Lacrosse sanctioned tournaments and player membership umbrella, it would be great if US Lacrosse could adapt similar screening for all registered coaches.

Why? Travel lacrosse is a private business. Unless we’re talking about child molesters, the coaches private business is their own. I’m sure most of the coaches out there are accepting cash for training. That makes them guilty of tax evasion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This should settle it! All involved in youth lacrosse are felons and should be banned from contact from young people!!! Watcha got now Karen??

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why? Travel lacrosse is a private business. Unless we’re talking about child molesters, the coaches private business is their own. I’m sure most of the coaches out there are accepting cash for training. That makes them guilty of tax evasion.

Yes. That’s what we need. More corrupt government intervention in our private lives.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]This should settle it! All involved in youth lacrosse are felons and should be banned from contact from young people!!! Watcha got now Karen??

Sure. Use the corrupt IRS to go after young women making a few $ coaching young lax players. Hmm. I have an idea. Remove your cranium from your arse.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This should settle it! All involved in youth lacrosse are felons and should be banned from contact from young people!!! Watcha got now Karen??

Fill out IRS 3949-A anonymously.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes that's correct and you should decide which ones are and aren't as you kids parent. Also let's not pretend mom's / Karen's are on here. It's all dad's talking trash....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because US Lacrosse as a business shouldn't want criminals, drunk drivers, or crooks who were banned from the securities industry molding the minds of our daughters. Not a great role model set, not to mention reputational risk for each club individually and US Lacrosse as a sanctioning body. The clubs don't seem to care and by the general tone of this thread many parents don't either. Many private business have higher standards than what is just legal.

So... some crimes are Ok, but some aren't? It's Ok for coaches to accept cash for training, which is a felony if they don't report it! Worry about yourself and your kid Karen!

I have an idea remove ur daughter from lacrosse and go back to Girl Scouts !!!! Next topic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because US Lacrosse as a business shouldn't want criminals, drunk drivers, or crooks who were banned from the securities industry molding the minds of our daughters. Not a great role model set, not to mention reputational risk for each club individually and US Lacrosse as a sanctioning body. The clubs don't seem to care and by the general tone of this thread many parents don't either. Many private business have higher standards than what is just legal.

So... some crimes are Ok, but some aren't? It's Ok for coaches to accept cash for training, which is a felony if they don't report it! Worry about yourself and your kid Karen!

Hey. Got an idea for ya. How about you start putting that list of felons together and this way nobody has to read the drivel you seem to consistently want to write about here. Oh yea.... make sure you put your big boy pants on and sign that felons list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's be real here....Top Guns has our coach, Andrew, but so does Elevate and Jesters. Kotowski and Jesters Father Coach are just the same. Maybe find another club instead of just bashing Top Guns.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does not matter how many felons TG brings in to coach after SA they stopped producing any top talent ,just look at the current college player rankings .

Valid. Idk why anyone still sends their kids to this program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does not matter how many felons TG brings in to coach after SA they stopped producing any top talent ,just look at the current college player rankings .

With their “lack of talent”, strange how the YJA team is yet to beat them in the ‘23 age group. Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Does not matter how many felons TG brings in to coach after SA they stopped producing any top talent ,just look at the current college player rankings .

So I guess the former TG girls that coach for Jesters didn’t have talent? Lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Happy people don't complain about other clubs. Regardless of which club they play for, the top girls and parents generally get along and respect each other. Many of these girls have played together on all star teams, HS teams, and some will play together in college. They are Instagram friends. The psycho parents that come on here and put girls and clubs down are the ones who are bitter that they're daughter was cut, gets no paying time, etc. Instead of coming on here trying to stir the pot, why don't you concentrate on the real issue? Being a keyboard cowboy on BOTC is not going to help your daughters skills improve, she probably despises you for being such a negative complaining worm anyhow!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Does not matter how many felons TG brings in to coach after SA they stopped producing any top talent ,just look at the current college player rankings .

Look at the 2022 class of recruits and the lack of talent is incredible. No talent at all going to schools like Northwestern, Notre Dame, Hopkins, Dartmouth, Brown, Loyola, Richmond, JMU. Your right I wouldn't want me kid to go to any of those schools, Top Guns doesn't know how to get girls recruited. Why go there?

I assume this is an attempt at sarcasm as every one of those schools is on their webpage as a 2022 commitment. Only school that's really missing is BC. Sam? Sam? Little help here....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
in case you are new to this and making decisions for your daughter...TG did nothing in 2020, and 21 with recruitment. my daughter played on 21 purple. we tried to be "loyal" but got her out in time for recruiting. it was the best thing I ever did. tough when girls got friends on the team, but of the girls who stayed, many were disappointed by their college choices. mine got what she needed. I would recommend parents check jesters - hearing great things about the girls coaching or YJ best track record hands down. which ever is a better coaching fit for your kid at that level and whichever practices closer to home. even many TG 22 girls are not recruited at all. half teh black roster is without choices because shannln and and Andrew only play the starters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
in case you are new to this and making decisions for your daughter...TG did nothing in 2020, and 21 with recruitment. my daughter played on 21 purple. we tried to be "loyal" but got her out in time for recruiting. it was the best thing I ever did. tough when girls got friends on the team, but of the girls who stayed, many were disappointed by their college choices. mine got what she needed. I would recommend parents check jesters - hearing great things about the girls coaching or YJ best track record hands down. which ever is a better coaching fit for your kid at that level and whichever practices closer to home. even many TG 22 girls are not recruited at all. half teh black roster is without choices because shannln and and Andrew only play the starters.
Ok long time jesters parent lol... you can’t believe anything you read on this platform

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you go to jesters just remember to get top gun training first so you know how to play when you get there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kids on the purple team expect to be recruited?

Where ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kids on the purple team expect to be recruited?

Where ?

Bridgeport, East Stroudsberg maybe?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]in case you are new to this and making decisions for your daughter...TG did nothing in 2020, and 21 with recruitment. my daughter played on 21 purple. we tried to be "loyal" but got her out in time for recruiting. it was the best thing I ever did. tough when girls got friends on the team, but of the girls who stayed, many were disappointed by their college choices. mine got what she needed. I would recommend parents check jesters - hearing great things about the girls coaching or YJ best track record hands down. which ever is a better coaching fit for your kid at that level and whichever practices closer to home. even many TG 22 girls are not recruited at all. half teh black roster is without choices because shannln and and Andrew only play the starters.

Jesters have zero recruits. No track record at all. Why would you put your daughters into that program?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]in case you are new to this and making decisions for your daughter...TG did nothing in 2020, and 21 with recruitment. my daughter played on 21 purple. we tried to be "loyal" but got her out in time for recruiting. it was the best thing I ever did. tough when girls got friends on the team, but of the girls who stayed, many were disappointed by their college choices. mine got what she needed. I would recommend parents check jesters - hearing great things about the girls coaching or YJ best track record hands down. which ever is a better coaching fit for your kid at that level and whichever practices closer to home. even many TG 22 girls are not recruited at all. half teh black roster is without choices because shannln and and Andrew only play the starters.

Jesters have zero recruits. No track record at all. Why would you put your daughters into that program?

THIS! I don’t know why families at jesters don’t realize this yet

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

22 verbal commits for 2022 sounds pretty good to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a Jesters parent, but they wont have any problems getting recruiting for their 2023 team. That team has a lot of top talent on it. I believe that will pave the way for the years after that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]in case you are new to this and making decisions for your daughter...TG did nothing in 2020, and 21 with recruitment. my daughter played on 21 purple. we tried to be "loyal" but got her out in time for recruiting. it was the best thing I ever did. tough when girls got friends on the team, but of the girls who stayed, many were disappointed by their college choices. mine got what she needed. I would recommend parents check jesters - hearing great things about the girls coaching or YJ best track record hands down. which ever is a better coaching fit for your kid at that level and whichever practices closer to home. even many TG 22 girls are not recruited at all. half teh black roster is without choices because shannln and and Andrew only play the starters.

Not a Jesters parent, but they wont have any problems getting recruiting for their 2023 team. That team has a lot of top talent on it. I believe that will pave the way for the years after that.

We'll find out in September.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]in case you are new to this and making decisions for your daughter...TG did nothing in 2020, and 21 with recruitment. my daughter played on 21 purple. we tried to be "loyal" but got her out in time for recruiting. it was the best thing I ever did. tough when girls got friends on the team, but of the girls who stayed, many were disappointed by their college choices. mine got what she needed. I would recommend parents check jesters - hearing great things about the girls coaching or YJ best track record hands down. which ever is a better coaching fit for your kid at that level and whichever practices closer to home. even many TG 22 girls are not recruited at all. half teh black roster is without choices because shannln and and Andrew only play the starters.

We'll find out in September.

surprised some didn't leave the program for the top recruiting teams . They will be looked at after YJ a/b Top Guns Legacy....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not YJ B. All the top girls left that team. YJ B will have weaker recruits than Jesters and Legacy. The YJ brand can only get you so far

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJB will def have recruits almost all will get recruited always do almost all the girls go somewhere....even their C team half get a nod.. yja will be the top looked at team. brand helps 100%

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJB will def have recruits almost all will get recruited always do almost all the girls go somewhere....even their C team half get a nod.. yja will be the top looked at team. brand helps 100%

They will be “recruited” to bottom tier programs. Girls can get recruited there just playing HS ball. Waste of money if your playing on a B team looking to go somewhere competitive. If you’re playing on that team so you can run around with overpriced Fear the Bee wear, and love traveling to MD every weekend then it’s a great fit. Think it’s about being realistic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

College coaches recruit players not clubs. Stony Brook took a 22 from TE B team. JS obviously thinks she can play and he clearly doesn't care what club team she payed for. Wake up people!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not everyone is looking to go to top 10 lax schools....THAT is being realistic....even YJA and will only have a few that go. Everyone finds their place ... each club does a good job including TG Legacy and TE does a great job with the Ivy's also ..... find a fit for your kid. no lax beyond college....just a handful will be lifers....if thats what your kid wants then go for it stop putting everyone down that isn't looking for that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not everyone is looking to go to top 10 lax schools....THAT is being realistic....even YJA and will only have a few that go. Everyone finds their place ... each club does a good job including TG Legacy and TE does a great job with the Ivy's also ..... find a fit for your kid. no lax beyond college....just a handful will be lifers....if thats what your kid wants then go for it stop putting everyone down that isn't looking for that

The goal for lacrosse is to get into a school that you wouldn’t be able to otherwise. Lacrosse opens doors. Now the TE girls who are just mediocre lax players have daddies with big wallets, and value the Ivy League education. Smart move!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did any of our 23 or 24 kids get into Under Armor 150?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UA 150 complete waste of time in the middle of summer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UA 150 complete waste of time in the middle of summer

Not at all. It’s a great event with amazing recruiting exposure.

Like Reply Quote
Page 219 of 220 1 2 217 218 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard