BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,644
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 321 of 327 1 2 319 320 321 322 323 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She is a great all around kid! She plays for TG

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She was on YJ years ago but daddy didn’t like her riding the bench.
Kid has a hard shot and is tall.
best in class, just ask her Dad and he will tell you.
Dad must be nervous with her not playing cause of injury last couple of years so he goes on here and starts bragging about her. nice Job Dad!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]She was on YJ years ago but daddy didn’t like her riding the bench.
Dad must be nervous with her not playing cause of injury last couple of years so he goes on here and starts bragging about her. nice Job Dad!!

That's the problem with YJ they have always had a friends and family plan.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]She was on YJ years ago but daddy didn’t like her riding the bench.

If this is the girl I'm thinking about, pretty sure she started for the YJ B team when they used to beat the A team, but then left for TG for whatever reason, and I don't think her dad would be on here. Lets hope a talented player who was injured can return to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If this is the girl I'm thinking about, pretty sure she started for the YJ B team when they used to beat the A team, but then left for TG for whatever reason, and I don't think her dad would be on here. Lets hope a talented player who was injured can return to play.

My understanding was she left because they didn't move her up to the A team, even though she clearly should have been there. And agreed, her dad, while a bit, shall I say....high strung, would not be on here. He's got sons that play at the highest level, he could care less what nincompoops like us write on line. Having said that, she is a great kid and hopefully is back healthy this season. When healthy, she's the best 2023, including those "studs" on YJ. Just ask them, she dominated when playing the YJ A team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My understanding was she left because they didn't move her up to the A team, even though she clearly should have been there. And agreed, her dad, while a bit, shall I say....high strung, would not be on here. He's got sons that play at the highest level, he could care less what nincompoops like us write on line. Having said that, she is a great kid and hopefully is back healthy this season. When healthy, she's the best 2023, including those "studs" on YJ. Just ask them, she dominated when playing the YJ A team.

She made YJA but still left. Was the same year of the mass exodus from YJ B to Legacy. Many great players started from that team. Great coach! #Wright

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She made YJA but still left. Was the same year of the mass exodus from YJ B to Legacy. Many great players started from that team. Great coach! #Wright

yj missed the boat on her for sure... they left because of the f&f plan on yjA that was def the year people hit the road it was a great team but the politics were ridiculous....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yj missed the boat on her for sure... they left because of the f&f plan on yjA that was def the year people hit the road it was a great team but the politics were ridiculous....

how can you say they missed the boat on her when her durability is ZERO. kid hasn’t played in 2-3 years.
what they miss???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will Under Armour be a normal event this year? Anyone know the the coaches are?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Normal..as in how?

The YJ & STEPS directors created their own event ( American Select ) on the same weekend as UA.. I'm sure payers from those clubs will be "discouraged" from trying out at UA..

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Normal..as in how?

The YJ & STEPS directors created their own event ( American Select ) on the same weekend as UA.. I'm sure payers from those clubs will be "discouraged" from trying out at UA..

No way! Not the best ones. Maybe the girls who know they have a slim chance to make UA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Normal..as in how?

No way! Not the best ones. Maybe the girls who know they have a slim chance to make UA

Absolutely; the top players on 23 will tryout for UA. the rest will tryout for AS. Instead of seeing 150+ at UA tryouts we may only see 60-75. just jeans 75 less people on here whining their kid got hosed!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Normal..as in how?

Normal..as in how?

Agreed. American Select will be easier to make. UA will pick top girls.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Normal..as in how?

is it common for girls to tryout for both?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Will Under Armour be a normal event this year? Anyone know the the coaches are?

The same Jesters coaches from last year are listed as the coaches for this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by JohnWick
Normal..as in how?

is it common for girls to tryout for both?

this is the first year this has happened so not sure if anyone can answer that honestly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please Ameriscam select will die in a few years just like when CR used to do LI AA games , pure money grabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Will Under Armour be a normal event this year? Anyone know the the coaches are?

The same Jesters coaches from last year are listed as the coaches for this year.

Is that for the Command or Highlight? You would think they would have dumped him as a coach after his embarrassing performance last year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Will Under Armour be a normal event this year? Anyone know the the coaches are?

Is that for the Command or Highlight? You would think they would have dumped him as a coach after his embarrassing performance last year!

One Jesters coach is coaching Command and another one is coaching Highlight. Yes last year was horrible. Dad wanted his daughter to shine he could care less about winning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Will Under Armour be a normal event this year? Anyone know the the coaches are?

One Jesters coach is coaching Command and another one is coaching Highlight. Yes last year was horrible. Dad wanted his daughter to shine he could care less about winning.

How did these Jesters coaches weasel there way into UA?? Does this mean that the UA teams are going to be littered with incompetent players? I would honestly like to see more HS coaches involved who are not affiliated with any clubs. Yes they would probably pick a couple of their players, but it wouldn't be that bad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How did these Jesters coaches weasel there way into UA?? Does this mean that the UA teams are going to be littered with incompetent players? I would honestly like to see more HS coaches involved who are not affiliated with any clubs. Yes they would probably pick a couple of their players, but it wouldn't be that bad.

So the jesters coaches will litter the team with bad players????
What jesters girls didn’t deserve to be there last year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So don't have your daughter try out. Problem solved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Will Under Armour be a normal event this year? Anyone know the the coaches are?

The former Top Guns girl earned her spot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only one who did anything was the TG transfer. FACT!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So now there will be jesters and YJ players with bloated Bio’s that they can’t support once they leave their organizations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Will Under Armour be a normal event this year? Anyone know the the coaches are?

We played a tournament against the top 22 jesters team this fall and they lost every.single.game against other low tier teams. They definately do not deserve to be there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We played a tournament against the top 22 jesters team this fall and they lost every.single.game against other low tier teams. They definately do not deserve to be there.

There not on the 22 team. They are 23's.
Jesters coach daughter deserved to be there. Shes a very strong player if you know lacrosse. Most people on here just bash young kids. Get a life stop trying to live thru your daughter and a forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jesters coach daughter deserved to be there. Shes a very strong player if you know lacrosse. Most people on here just bash young kids. Get a life stop trying to live thru your daughter and a forum.

Explain "deserved to be there"? How about all the other girls who deserved to be there but weren't because their dad wasn't the coach. You don't think it was odd, the number of Jesters girls on that roster? They also had no stats justify their selection (with the exception of one). Daddy coaches are a total joke for this type of event. Embarrassing to the sport

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Will Under Armour be a normal event this year? Anyone know the the coaches are?

If he was as confident as you he wouldn't have to been an evaluator and coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Will Under Armour be a normal event this year? Anyone know the the coaches are?

If he was as confident as you he wouldn't have to been an evaluator and coach.

I see both your points, and will add my .02c ........she is good enough to make that team. There are maybe only 8-10 girls in the 23 class that everyone evaluator would take. The politics come more in the last 5-7 spots. I think more than half would have picked her for the team. I don´t think he needed to be a coach but of course it helped the situation for her, My point is that if 10 different sets of evaluators picked a team, probably 50 different girls would fill the last 10 or so spots of the roster.
The team was extremely talented; the end results were a let down, but they were all talented players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very good response above. Jesters had 4 or 5 make the team. Only 3 played and 2 of them had major contribution. Draws, goals, assists, coaches daughter had a game winner.
That being said, yes, bottom 1/2 of team could have been interchangable with 20 other girls that tried out.
Other club coaches should put time and energy into seeing that happen and advocate for their players. Make the politics at least on an even course

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100%.
AS or SS should have been there for TG girls.
girls who made it in 2019 were pretty much locks; tough to argue that; a few have been putting up big #’s since middle school on varsity.
Last 10 spots you either need a sick tryout and/or an advocate. Unfortunately sometimes a great tryout isn’t enough.
I was there and didn’t see any girl stand out in call back game that got cut.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100%.
AS or SS should have been there for TG girls.
girls who made it in 2019 were pretty much locks; tough to argue that; a few have been putting up big #’s since middle school on varsity.
Last 10 spots you either need a sick tryout and/or an advocate. Unfortunately sometimes a great tryout isn’t enough.
I was there and didn’t see any girl stand out in call back game that got cut.

They didn’t go because it doesn’t matter for recruiting . If you’re good they’ll find you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In today’s environment it’s a 2 way street. you may have to help them find you.
Making the UA team in Baltimore and on LI is the best way to help them find you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i the past AS was always there and placed many girls on team that did not have good tryouts. not saying that those girls are bad players, just that with him there girls who out played them would have been placed on the team an TG would not have been rep'd. want to get recruited? email the school that are best fits. go to their camps and play well. it worked for my kids who got recruited by top schools. Everyone knows UA has ALWAYS been BS. Plus the coaches know Andrew talks tough but lies like a rug.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In today’s environment it’s a 2 way street. you may have to help them find you.
Making the UA team in Baltimore and on LI is the best way to help them find you.

It can't hurt, but at the end of the day there are approx. 200 or so 2022 D1 commits as of now. Based on the #s 90% didn't play UA. UA roster is 23 or 24 i think. there are 21 commits to UNC, ND and Loyola alone. That's 3 schools commit list almost the size of 1 UA roster.You get me?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
money grab like everything else in this sport

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did everyone's outflows for lax in covid 2020 compare to 2019?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jester dad coach is listed again? what a scam ....talk about manipulating the system for his kid...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jester dad coach is listed again? what a scam ....talk about manipulating the system for his kid...

This is exactly why UA is losing its credibility-people are tired of it & moving on. A lot more going to American Select

Like Reply Quote
Page 321 of 327 1 2 319 320 321 322 323 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard