BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 58 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 57 58
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I heard Severn is looking for a goalie for next year. Maybe time to start making moves.

Next year as Spring 2022? I believe they have a solid goalie who is a 2023 there now.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone else feel SPSG parents have taken the crown from McD as the biggest BadPerson bags in the IAAM. Can tell few of them played sports at a competitive level.

Why even pose a question like this?. It's mean spirited and unnecessary. If parents bother you stand away from them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have experience with the All America Games by Brine?

https://allamericagames.com/

Looks like they are not having a tryout this year, but first come first serve.

Is this a money grab ($499) or was it good coaching and good competition?

If you have the money to waste and don’t get bent out of shape easily, then go for it, however do not expect team play of any kind. You are paying $500 for me ball

My 2025 played in the inaugural girls AAG tourney in 2019. She actually had a blast. You also get your money's worth back in gear. Who knows what the quality of competition will be this year if there are no try outs. But the overall experience was comparable or better than Maverik NLC. The first place 2025 team from LI was about 25% YJ Spallina girls, 25% YJ Lomo, and the rest a mix from other LI clubs (Liberty, Elevate, TG, etc.). The second place team from LI was 33% YJ B/C 2025s, 33% YJ A 2026s, and 33% other LI clubs. The third place team from NJ was a mix of girls from NJ and Westchester County (core group from Prime Time 2025). The other 2 teams from NE and South were pretty much blowouts. Refs were fair and let most competition play out so games were fast paced. Didn't notice me-ball dominating any of the action.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you have the money to waste and don’t get bent out of shape easily, then go for it, however do not expect team play of any kind. You are paying $500 for me ball

My 2025 played in the inaugural girls AAG tourney in 2019. She actually had a blast. You also get your money's worth back in gear. Who knows what the quality of competition will be this year if there are no try outs. But the overall experience was comparable or better than Maverik NLC. The first place 2025 team from LI was about 25% YJ Spallina girls, 25% YJ Lomo, and the rest a mix from other LI clubs (Liberty, Elevate, TG, etc.). The second place team from LI was 33% YJ B/C 2025s, 33% YJ A 2026s, and 33% other LI clubs. The third place team from NJ was a mix of girls from NJ and Westchester County (core group from Prime Time 2025). The other 2 teams from NE and South were pretty much blowouts. Refs were fair and let most competition play out so games were fast paced. Didn't notice me-ball dominating any of the action.

Thanks for the info.

They said this year it will not be regional teams. I assume, they prob evaluate the first day and try to make teams even. I am leaning to having my daughter do it, have a nice road trip, let her see a college campus, and enjoy some lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the info.

They said this year it will not be regional teams. I assume, they prob evaluate the first day and try to make teams even. I am leaning to having my daughter do it, have a nice road trip, let her see a college campus, and enjoy some lacrosse.

Do it. Your kid will love it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone else feel SPSG parents have taken the crown from McD as the biggest BadPerson bags in the IAAM. Can tell few of them played sports at a competitive level.

Considering private school decisions haven't even gone out for 2025s yet how do you know? Are you just basing this off a couple 2025s that are already there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Considering private school decisions haven't even gone out for 2025s yet how do you know? Are you just basing this off a couple 2025s that are already there?
Huh?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the info.

Do it. Your kid will love it.

Thank you for the feedback.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huh?

I think the person is asking, are you basing this off of the 8th grade parents at St Pauls, or off the current group of High School parents there now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So with all of the hype around St. Pauls does that mean that we may see a fall off in a few years at McDonogh and NDP?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like there are a number of clubs suddenly holding mini-tryouts to back fill or fill out rosters for the coming Spring + Summer seasons. What's going on? never seen anything like it...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
which clubs? not the top ones?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Possibly parents who don’t feel comfortable playing sports yet? Would be interested to know which clubs, as I have not heard anything from the top clubs about this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonogh and Garrison trying to stay in the game. Mcd signed a few top girls and Garrison paying crazy money for 2025's

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Paying for 8th graders-sad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is just crazy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s called a “merit” scholarship, you know when kids work harder than some and deserve a reward for their ability. We have a daughter that went through a private school in the IAAM. We would have never been able to afford it without said financial assistance. There is nothing “sad” about it. What is sad is the narcissistic mentality of most of the parents on this site.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonogh and Garrison trying to stay in the game. Mcd signed a few top girls and Garrison paying crazy money for 2025's
Good for them. See them on the fields.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
👏🏻THANK YOU

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Back of the cage forum! Where lax titles are won in 21 ! Congrats spsg !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So basically these prep schools go around and recruit the best players in the state and entice them with money. Then the parents boast about the great talent and winning programs. If some D1 colleges could "recruit" but not others that would be unfair huh. Too bad the kids would not attend because the academics were superior not for lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So basically these prep schools go around and recruit the best players in the state and entice them with money. Then the parents boast about the great talent and winning programs. If some D1 colleges could "recruit" but not others that would be unfair huh. Too bad the kids would not attend because the academics were superior not for lax.
They go around to clubs in the late summer of 7th grade(?). That way your D will be able to attend open houses that fall and sit down for the test that fall. Then once you get in you have to lay out your whole financial history and situation, even the ages of the cars you drive and they figure out how much Merit aid you get year to year. If you stay home with kids they base it on what you could make at minimum wage. This may sound awful but if your just a basic white family you won’t get much maybe 10-15%. They will give POC more aid.

Some schools even have alumnae-peers (yes the moms you have coffee with) in the financial office looking at your whole financial fitness blueprint plus tax returns. Talk about tacky.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, most schools follow that criteria. But one school in particular went from the B bracket to the A bracket in lax and went outside of the norm
to get more expensive talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow -my D did it the old fashion way at Public school. Played for a top 10 team as a starter and is now in grad school/doctorate program. I had no idea this stuff even happens. Now I have less respect for the coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody going from B to A will have much success climbing to the upper ranks. Gerstell , Garrison , MDS will always be at bottom. But they will get to be on same field with the good teams and say they got better playing them. Mostly they will be playing the back ups and the 3rds.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What”s so sad about this? If your child was offered an academic scholarship would that be so sad also? The girls that were able to win awards and financial package come from all financial backgrounds and each one had to be accepted into their chosen school. So that means they had the grades, recommendations and in some cases the test scores to be accepted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice rationalization-its always about the kids-not the sports

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow -my D did it the old fashion way at Public school. Played for a top 10 team as a starter and is now in grad school/doctorate program. I had no idea this stuff even happens. Now I have less respect for the coaching.
Here you are in a 25 forum having “no idea”...ok.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here you are in a 25 forum having “no idea”...ok.

Right? And to that note there is nothing wrong with public school. There are tons of great public school programs in the area. The choice of going private is just that. A choice. Or for Mr/Mrs "old fashion way" was due to ignorance on what is available for their kid. Now we are suppose to feel bad because they had "no idea".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not "so sad" that these kids got into private schools. Good for them. What is sad is that the parents think it's so special, treat their kid's HS choice like it's the NBA draft, and then feel a need to broadcast it to the world. Trying to pit school tuition offerings against each other and take money from schools when your family doesn't need it is makes it even more obnoxious. And as someone mentioned in an earlier post, the parents drone on and on about what great teams and coaches their daughter will be playing on/for. Well of course they're great when they can recruit top players - DUH !!! but these parents lick their chops even as their daughters are giving up (sometimes up to 2 seasons of) playing time, position preference, and possibly years of making varsity to go play for these schools/teams. I bet if you asked any of these parents what they loved about any of these "schools" they couldn't give you an answer. They're using whatever high school they think will give their kid an advantage in lax and whichever coach can help t hem achieve that. It has nothing to do with them liking the school or picking the best academic institution for their child. It's ALL ABOUT LAX. Do I blame these families ? No, of course not. Will I do the same thing for my kid? eeh Maybe. But let's all stop the false pretenses and call a spade a spade. This is the part that people find so sad.

What”s so sad about this? If your child was offered an academic scholarship would that be so sad also? The girls that were able to win awards and financial package come from all financial backgrounds and each one had to be accepted into their chosen school. So that means they had the grades, recommendations and in some cases the test scores to be accepted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not "so sad" that these kids got into private schools. Good for them. What is sad is that the parents think it's so special, treat their kid's HS choice like it's the NBA draft, and then feel a need to broadcast it to the world. Trying to pit school tuition offerings against each other and take money from schools when your family doesn't need it is makes it even more obnoxious. And as someone mentioned in an earlier post, the parents drone on and on about what great teams and coaches their daughter will be playing on/for. Well of course they're great when they can recruit top players - DUH !!! but these parents lick their chops even as their daughters are giving up (sometimes up to 2 seasons of) playing time, position preference, and possibly years of making varsity to go play for these schools/teams. I bet if you asked any of these parents what they loved about any of these "schools" they couldn't give you an answer. They're using whatever high school they think will give their kid an advantage in lax and whichever coach can help t hem achieve that. It has nothing to do with them liking the school or picking the best academic institution for their child. It's ALL ABOUT LAX. Do I blame these families ? No, of course not. Will I do the same thing for my kid? eeh Maybe. But let's all stop the false pretenses and call a spade a spade. This is the part that people find so sad.

Unless you are Bill Gates, Elon Musk or Steve Bisciatti, who couldn't use a break on tuition? At 30-38k a year the tuition of a private education is out of reach for most if not every family without tuition assistance, help from grandparents and or tuition assistance or scholarships. I fault no one for trying to save money when its being offered.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, most schools follow that criteria. But one school in particular went from the B bracket to the A bracket in lax and went outside of the norm
What school would this be? the last team to join the A was Gerstell in 2019, before that it was Glenleg Country School in 2017.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What school would this be? the last team to join the A was Gerstell in 2019, before that it was Glenleg Country School in 2017.

I believe the PP is referring to GCS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GCS is/trying to become a feeder for TerpsLax. I say good for them! Also Gerstell has some big money behind the scenes and they’ll take you if you can make them better because they can- go for it! But what is most amazing is to see Public go for the gold and be a great team- just based on the water in your zip code. Like MarriottsRidge or Glenelg.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GCS is/trying to become a feeder for TerpsLax. I say good for them! Also Gerstell has some big money behind the scenes and they’ll take you if you can make them better because they can- go for it! But what is most amazing is to see Public go for the gold and be a great team- just based on the water in your zip code. Like MarriottsRidge or Glenelg.
the gcs to md pipeline has 1 year left

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s a Hero’s to Maryland pipeline through GCS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That may explain Maryland's fallout from the top 5.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That may explain Maryland's fallout from the top 5.
after the 23's are gone from GCS the well will be dry

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cathy choose Hero's over MND and now the program is falling apart. Should have stuck with MND!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I doubt she gives it that much thought

Cathy choose Hero's over MND and now the program is falling apart. Should have stuck with MND!!

Like Reply Quote
Page 15 of 58 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard