BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26
Re: Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I disagree that the jesters are any real threat and neither is legacy. YJ and TG are the only programs worth playing for.

Legacy is overrated

Agreed they always think theyre a hot topic but are really just a check for the owners

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious about your honest experiences with different coaches at this age group

YJ A coach is a good coach but her kid is not good enough to be on that team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by JohnWick
We’re considering moving clubs next year. I’ve heard mixed things about FlG and elevate, but regardless it’s where we’ve been looking. Any thoughts on these programs?

Our experience with FLG is limited being that my daughter only started playing with them this September, coupled with the pandemic (which impacts parent & coach interaction), but we've been very happy with what we've seen thus far. Her teammates are positive and committed to being at practices, scrimmages, and tournaments. We have twenty girls total and only one 2024 team and they can all catch a ball. wink

They have one strong midfielder, that’s it. Kids are decent players, but nothing special. They’d get killed by YJ.

They have some lower tier kids who moved over to them this year. Some recon, rush, elevate, etc.

kids from recon, flg, etc., moved over to YJ too.

You really are ok with having more than two lines of kids on your daughters team? Doesn't she want to play more to be seen more?

I moved my kid off a bigger name team because of roster size it just wasn't worth it for our family

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I admittedly booked a session with Tilts after seeing the original post about her, and I was not disappointed. My daughter said that she was the perfect mix of fun and hard. She even sent us a spreadsheet of the private plan and it was linked to videos of each drill. I know there are some controversies on her over mid tier and higher teams but she really was fantastic. Coming from another program and having zero experience with her previously we were impressed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rush coaches are really nice

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Highly doubt these coaches are any good considering the skill level of their players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Highly doubt these coaches are any good considering the skill level of their players

Agreed no shot the rush coaches are good considering their team can’t even catch a ball

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed no shot the rush coaches are good considering their team can’t even catch a ball

To clarify my original comment about doubting the rush coaches are any good- I’m sure they’re nice, but if they can’t get their kids to even catch a ball they are missing some skills

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This happens at nearly every age group for YJ A teams where a coach has a kid on their own team. Usually the first couple years the coaches kid is one of the better ones on the roster, a couple years in and they are hanging on and by the end they are still on the team because how can the coach and director put the kid on the B team? And they usually have a few town friends along for the ride. These coaches will always be blind to it, thinking the kid is one of the best on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This happens at nearly every age group for YJ A teams where a coach has a kid on their own team. Usually the first couple years the coaches kid is one of the better ones on the roster, a couple years in and they are hanging on and by the end they are still on the team because how can the coach and director put the kid on the B team? And they usually have a few town friends along for the ride. These coaches will always be blind to it, thinking the kid is one of the best on the team.

It's pathetic honestly

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's pathetic honestly

This is 100% correct for almost all age groups...town team becomes the YJ A made up mostly of one town with a dad coach. it works for them i guess but it does get people crazy after awhile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's pathetic honestly

This is 100% correct for almost all age groups...town team becomes the YJ A made up mostly of one town with a dad coach. it works for them i guess but it does get people crazy after awhile

The politics behind it are astounding. Why can't this be stopped?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's pathetic honestly

The politics behind it are astounding. Why can't this be stopped?

Because we all keep writing the check.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I admittedly booked a session with Tilts after seeing the original post about her, and I was not disappointed. My daughter said that she was the perfect mix of fun and hard. She even sent us a spreadsheet of the private plan and it was linked to videos of each drill. I know there are some controversies on her over mid tier and higher teams but she really was fantastic. Coming from another program and having zero experience with her previously we were impressed.

I tried but sadly am on a waitlist for weekends currently. She said she has to honor the people who have been coming to her consistently and will bring in new people when someone can’t make a weekend or stops training privately. Any advice on how to get a spot?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I tried but sadly am on a waitlist for weekends currently. She said she has to honor the people who have been coming to her consistently and will bring in new people when someone can’t make a weekend or stops training privately. Any advice on how to get a spot?

I took a slot far from our town to get on the rotation. The friend who referred me to her booked during break.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I took a slot far from our town to get on the rotation. The friend who referred me to her booked during break.

Thanks for the advice I’ll try it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the advice I’ll try it

Update: I got one during break. Thanks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best team at this age group that has open spots still?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ every team has more than two lines except O'Sullivan and those girls stink. If you have your kid in YJ and they are on the lower teams good luck. Carol will tell you herself she won't put them in the same tournaments as her better teams, so why bother being on a cruddy team that won't even get the only YJ benefit THE NAME. Legacy has too many kids on their team and to fill their 23 teams and collect a check they added girls who should not be on our 23 team join to collect a check and add numbers. Not sure about how many kids top guns have, but rumor has it that even the black team stinks and lost most fall games. Rush is barely keeping afloat, Recon is not strong, FLG is fine but lacks talent. Elevate has been loosing their best girls over the past two years because they collected a check and refused to give it back when they didn't do anything all of covid except scrimmages against themselves (just like YJ) which costs the club NOTHING.

Good luck at this age switching teams. If a coach wants you from another team, jump ship before you lose the offer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

...Not sure about how many kids top guns have, but rumor has it that even the black team stinks and lost most fall games...

TG 2024 Black was 2-2-2 in fall games, with the losses by 1 goal and 2 goals. I guess that stinks?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really nice thing to say about kids. You must be one of those parents that thought your little superstar was getting a full ride. Have some guts and post your name and where your kid plays since you enjoy berating 14 year old girls. I have no skin in this game but you must to be this nasty. Btw look at the YJ website that O’Sullivan team is playing in all the same tournaments as all the other 2024’s. So you should maybe know what your talking about before open your mouth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

...Not sure about how many kids top guns have, but rumor has it that even the black team stinks and lost most fall games...

TG 2024 Black was 2-2-2 in fall games, with the losses by 1 goal and 2 goals. I guess that stinks?

2-2-2 is not a good record at all....you also only played 6 games? What a scam!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really nice thing to say about kids. You must be one of those parents that thought your little superstar was getting a full ride. Have some guts and post your name and where your kid plays since you enjoy berating 14 year old girls. I have no skin in this game but you must to be this nasty. Btw look at the YJ website that O’Sullivan team is playing in all the same tournaments as all the other 2024’s. So you should maybe know what your talking about before open your mouth.

So what you’re saying is you have a kid on the lower teams and are upset that someone called them out for not being so grand after all?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry to be the person to jump on the band wagon here but I agree that too guns has gone downhill. This is far from a good record. The better teams are playing in A brackets with more wins than this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what you’re saying is you have a kid on the lower teams and are upset that someone called them out for not being so grand after all?

What I’m saying what kind of adult says 14 year old girls stink. Secondly if your going to say that let’s here where your super star plays and don’t be an anonymous poster. Thirdly the poster is incorrect all YJ teams at that age level are playing in the same tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have to agree that spending all that money for six games is a tad ridiculous

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

O’Sullivan is weak. There’s no if’s, ands, or buts. Just accept that your kid is on a D team that is going to be forgotten as colleges focus on your higher teams before moving down to you. No shot at a top school on a D team for a club that has 75 kids ranked higher than them in your own club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

O’Sullivan is weak. There’s no if’s, ands, or buts. Just accept that your kid is on a D team that is going to be forgotten as colleges focus on your higher teams before moving down to you. No shot at a top school on a D team for a club that has 75 kids ranked higher than them in your own club.
Again I said I had no skin in this game I was just amazed that an adult with children would berate 14 year old girls and obviously I’m debating with a child cause you can not read and your information about tournaments were incorrect. Again I’ll ask where your little superstar plays and which team she is on. Btw have fun at that top school with maybe a 25 percent scholarship cause if your stud ain’t number one she isn’t getting much. Probably will ride the bench like most of these kids and be home by year two at a SUNY.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

What I’m saying what kind of adult says 14 year old girls stink. Secondly if your going to say that let’s here where your super star plays and don’t be an anonymous poster. Thirdly the poster is incorrect all YJ teams at that age level are playing in the same tournaments.

It's probably in their kid's best interest. Hopefully the apple fell far from the tree.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmmm...did you forget about COVID?? Last fall was not a reliable indicator of anything. Many families were affected and girls were unable to play. Was it a scam when a kid couldn’t attend because their family member died? What a piece of work you are!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again I said I had no skin in this game I was just amazed that an adult with children would berate 14 year old girls and obviously I’m debating with a child cause you can not read and your information about tournaments were incorrect. Again I’ll ask where your little superstar plays and which team she is on. Btw have fun at that top school with maybe a 25 percent scholarship cause if your stud ain’t number one she isn’t getting much. Probably will ride the bench like most of these kids and be home by year two at a SUNY.

Just like the “studs” on c and d teams or teams like flg and rush.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmmm...did you forget about COVID?? Last fall was not a reliable indicator of anything. Many families were affected and girls were unable to play. Was it a scam when a kid couldn’t attend because their family member died? What a piece of work you are!

Many clubs played a full schedule or gave money back

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many clubs played a full schedule or gave money back

Top Guns only charges for fall tournaments attended. Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG 24 has one of the best girls around... not sure how they stink!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you have inflated egos over said kid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, okay pops

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, okay pops

Stop trying to make a case for your own kid she isn’t that great

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the empire kids at this age group? Older empire girls are decent, but the 2024s seem to have crashed and burned. The b team got beat all fall by like ten goals a game and the A team lost to all other Long Island teams they played. Is there a difference in coaching? What happened to the age group? Anyone whose a part of this club would love insight as I had originally considered moving my kid to empire.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the empire kids at this age group? Older empire girls are decent, but the 2024s seem to have crashed and burned. The b team got beat all fall by like ten goals a game and the A team lost to all other Long Island teams they played. Is there a difference in coaching? What happened to the age group? Anyone whose a part of this club would love insight as I had originally considered moving my kid to empire.

We don’t play for empire but can also say that they look weaker at this age group than the older girls did as freshman. I’m sure it’s just a learning curve of some sort but definitely odd to see

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We don’t play for empire but can also say that they look weaker at this age group than the older girls did as freshman. I’m sure it’s just a learning curve of some sort but definitely odd to see

Just curious what empire team you thought was good at the older age???
The 2022 was never strong
The 2023 probably the strongest in the program but they lost to YJ 25 and Elevate.
I believe the 24 team was a merger with Bengals. not sure what happen to them but the goalie went to YJ Kildare. maybe a few others followed her

Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard