BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,638
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 32 of 73 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 72 73
Re: Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Those going to the WSL qualifies, how many times a week are your boys practicing as a team and doing still work with your team.

3X/Week

which team is that im calling bs

Why would you call BS on someone answering the question? How may times per week is your team practicing?

calling bs because it's hard to believe that any team is practicing 3x per week as a full group right now. maybe 91 since they have an indoor facility but I even doubt that very much. I, just like you I assume, don't play on a team, the team my kid is on is practicing twice per week.

My sons team is only does skill work every now and again, but no weekly team practices.
I do hear that most of the other club teams do practice atleast 1x a week and have been for a few months

Is your team not going into the WSL qualifiers? How are you not having team practices if you are? Even if your not entering why wouldn’t you be having team practice and expect to complete in other torture tournaments? What club is this.
Don’t ask if you don’t want the answer. 3x a week.

Before the bad weather we were outdoors once a week and indoor 2x a week. Whoever is calling BS is just plain notIntelligent.

We were going 1x outdoor and 2x inside. Since Christmas we have just been going 1x indoor each week with optional skill clinic now and again. I guess issue is trying to find space indoor at a good time/day.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know of any good clinics for offensive players or any pickup games going on for this age group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How often is Express practicing? Outdoors at all?

Practice this weekend... 25 degrees doesn’t stop CoachC
Better get tuned up. Rumor is WSYL no exceptions for the bloated rosters. 25 players only, includes 2 goalies. Here come the cuts and demands for refunds!

no problem getting to that number for Express, 25 player roster is nothing new for WSYL
My point is when we tried out nobody said we wouldn't have a spot for all the team tournaments. Our roster is currently at 30 with a few who float in and out. How are other clubs handling rosters over 25 players? Are some kids told they have to stay home?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Better get tuned up. Rumor is WSYL no exceptions for the bloated rosters. 25 players only, includes 2 goalies. Here come the cuts and demands for refunds!

no problem getting to that number for Express, 25 player roster is nothing new for WSYL
My point is when we tried out nobody said we wouldn't have a spot for all the team tournaments. Our roster is currently at 30 with a few who float in and out. How are other clubs handling rosters over 25 players? Are some kids told they have to stay home?

that's a great point, some kids may be asked to play for second team for just those two tournaments but that's a guess. ask the coach where your son stands.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Arent they entering 2 WSYL teams? That gives them the evaluation time and roster flexibility to change things up until whenever rosters are due. Keep 46 plus 4 goalies.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will keep taking kids until the deadline

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Arent they entering 2 WSYL teams? That gives them the evaluation time and roster flexibility to change things up until whenever rosters are due. Keep 46 plus 4 goalies.
Interesting, hadn't thought about it that way. The club does have an A and B team but kids never move between squads.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's what the parents were told from the beginning. Currently, from my best estimate there are 58-60 players between the 2 teams. I'm not entirely sure how many additional kids were brought on in the fall/winter. The 58-60 includes 5 or 6 goalies. That's not even including the kids who wouldn't be on either one of those teams, which is probably another 8-10. Now how they go about making those cuts and moves will be interesting to say the least.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know the deadline for WSYL? Curious when they list the pool of teams for each region.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a money grab knowing there are only 4 qualifying spots from each region

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

rumor is the deadline was 2/1 to submit the roster

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know the deadline for WSYL? Curious when they list the pool of teams for each region.

Already past

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is getting old to be honest, no team attitude, miss the old coach, any suggestions and good for ebyond middle school? my oldest kid and was supposed to start and his pals and he were all excited, now every practice like 10 new faces, one of the other dads who went threw this before told me it gets worse, for games before older kids show up so we win and it gets more good kids, are you kidding me or what. Not sure anymore if kid even makes, appreciate advice from parents who done this in past. how is 91 or another spot?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no way that last comment is an express parent, go back to the MD forum troll. 26 express has never brought older kids. call the coach if you have any question where your son stands on the team now or moving forward. they played a ton in fall so most should have a good idea already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Practice this weekend... 25 degrees doesn’t stop CoachC[/quote]
Better get tuned up. Rumor is WSYL no exceptions for the bloated rosters. 25 players only, includes 2 goalies. Here come the cuts and demands for refunds![/quote]

no problem getting to that number for Express, 25 player roster is nothing new for WSYL[/quote]
My point is when we tried out nobody said we wouldn't have a spot for all the team tournaments. Our roster is currently at 30 with a few who float in and out. How are other clubs handling rosters over 25 players? Are some kids told they have to stay home?[/quote]

They will keep taking kids until the deadline[/quote]

It is getting old to be honest, no team attitude, miss the old coach, any suggestions and good for ebyond middle school? my oldest kid and was supposed to start and his pals and he were all excited, now every practice like 10 new faces, one of the other dads who went threw this before told me it gets worse, for games before older kids show up so we win and it gets more good kids, are you kidding me or what. Not sure anymore if kid even makes, appreciate advice from parents who done this in past. how is 91 or another spot?[/quote]

Sounds more like a HS showcase than a team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sure 91 would look at kids at this point, there numbers are low, call and find out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no way that last comment is an express parent, go back to the MD forum troll. 26 express has never brought older kids. call the coach if you have any question where your son stands on the team now or moving forward. they played a ton in fall so most should have a good idea already.

No dog in this fight, but sentence structure would strongly suggest Northport, although you can't rule out Suffolk County either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no problem getting to that number for Express, 25 player roster is nothing new for WSYL[/quote]
My point is when we tried out nobody said we wouldn't have a spot for all the team tournaments. Our roster is currently at 30 with a few who float in and out. How are other clubs handling rosters over 25 players? Are some kids told they have to stay home?[/quote]

They will keep taking kids until the deadline[/quote]

It is getting old to be honest, no team attitude, miss the old coach, any suggestions and good for ebyond middle school? my oldest kid and was supposed to start and his pals and he were all excited, now every practice like 10 new faces, one of the other dads who went threw this before told me it gets worse, for games before older kids show up so we win and it gets more good kids, are you kidding me or what. Not sure anymore if kid even makes, appreciate advice from parents who done this in past. how is 91 or another spot?[/quote]

For my kids PT has done a good job and sticks by the kids, my oldest had a good success for college to

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids are going to be left out. That's a given. Hopefully it's not my kid or your kid but be prepared. That's life! CoachC will continue to make this roster better until 3/26. Doesn't matter if the kid is from 91 or Buffalo. The better kid is going to play. I'm tired of hearing that they are 12 and team chemistry blah blah blah. Jameis Winston was pretty good but the GOAT was better. Enough said. This team is built to win. We all know it and that's why kids keeping showing up. If you don't like it too bad. It's a business not a daycare and feelings don't matter. Get better or get out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to agree with the above poster. If a kid is going to play at Express, he has to be a contributor and he has to continue to improve from a skill perspective and a lax IQ perspective. It will continue to be very competitive. No one is safe, even the current top guys. While some people may not like this, Coach C is 100% upfront about his plans. Everyone knew what they signed up for. What this means is that you have choices. Since your son’s place on the team is not a mystery, you have to decide what is best for him.

If your son consistently feels uneasy or frustrated, it may be a sign that it is time to consider another opportunity. Best of luck to you and your son. These decisions are not always easy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jamie’s Winston is making 20 something million a year. Not 7th grade kids, whose parents shell out money for this. The above guy just don’t get it. My definition of a team are kids who play together the entire season. Best kids play the most, absolutely. The way some others, like the guy above, their definition of a team is scrape together 14 kids, strangers, out of state, wherever, right up until tournament deadline. Give them jerseys and helmets for the qualifier. This is what’s wrong with club sports today. Some people don’t even see this. Winning like this is worse than losing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could not agree more , i believe in challenging my kid , show him what the best is , if you make it on Express you know you deserve it , no favorites , no daddy ball , kissing butt doesn’t help , Coach C tells you where you stand , your role ..no mystery, leave or stay it’s a great group of kids and parents ready to test themselves at the highest level...being number 1 in anything isn’t easy ..HARD WORK ..won’t go negative but hiding and being content with average is not a successful formula in sports or the real world ..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you say he is up front, that’s great. If he actually tells parents, “congratulations your son made the team however, I add kids throughout the year. You may see several different kids here in the next 6 months. Me doing this can decrease your sons playing time and keep him off WSYL roster.” If he tells parents this. 2 things. A) parents can’t complain. B) I’ll bow to this coach and say he is the most honest guy in the planet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you say he is up front, that’s great. If he actually tells parents, “congratulations your son made the team however, I add kids throughout the year. You may see several different kids here in the next 6 months. Me doing this can decrease your sons playing time and keep him off WSYL roster.” If he tells parents this. 2 things. A) parents can’t complain. B) I’ll bow to this coach and say he is the most honest guy in the planet.

WSYL wants the highest quality players possible, nobody wants to watch Rec teams compete. And once you get clubs involved they have a reputation to gain. Every clubs wants to be able to claim WSYL champion. Great marketing to pull future revenue. So with reputation and money on the line you create an arms race to build the best team. WSYL can’t have both organic teams and high quality watchable lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Being number 1 isn’t easy I agree. But your contradicting yourself. The team should work its butt off to be number 1. Train harder, practice harder, doing that and being number 1 is great. Couldn’t agree more. Adding 2 players from Jersey, adding 2 players from upstate, adding 2 players from PA, this is taking the easy way out. That’s my point. Doing this and being number 1 is the opposite of working hard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Above has to be 91 parent justifying he waste of time and money 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Can’t protect little John forever..make sure your bumper sticker is in the bad when you wasted that 4 grand

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Honest question.....did you ask at the beginning of the season if making the team equates to a spot on the WS team? Or did you just assume? I am guessing the latter.

Also, isn’t Coach C entering two teams? If yes, won’t your kid likely be on one of those two teams? Are you just upset that he may be placed on the second team? Again.....sounds like a lot of assumptions on the part of parents may be leading to disappointment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jamie’s Winston is making 20 something million a year. Not 7th grade kids, whose parents shell out money for this. The above guy just don’t get it. My definition of a team are kids who play together the entire season. Best kids play the most, absolutely. The way some others, like the guy above, their definition of a team is scrape together 14 kids, strangers, out of state, wherever, right up until tournament deadline. Give them jerseys and helmets for the qualifier. This is what’s wrong with club sports today. Some people don’t even see this. Winning like this is worse than losing.

I am going to guess that your son is one of the boys who may not make the roster. If that is the case, I can understand your sentiments. Def not fun.

But you need to see it through the eyes of the better players, too. Their parents are also paying. The recent additions are not here just for the qualifier. They are not here for the WS. They are here to play on the best team with the best competition long past the WS. Respectfully, what you are describing is a PAL team. You can get that at many other clubs. You will not get that with this coach. This is what top talent is looking for.

A top team will always attract the best talent. If you can’t take the heat, it may be time to get out of the kitchen. Or least not be resentful about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why so much talk of Express? Early zero talk of any other team. If you’re an Express parent you know that Coach C is up front and tells you exactly what he believes and answers any question that you ask him honesty (sometimes brutally honest). They practice more than once a week and offer additional training outside regular practice a few times a week. The kids work hard.
If you’re not an Express parent you bash the team, the coach, the way they do things. That’s called jealously. That’s not having a clue about the team.
There’s a reason these kids and parents want to play for Express. They’re the best. Perhaps you’re son is on the wrong team if you need to just bash Express on a website instead of emailing or calling the directors of your sons team and say hey we have to work harder. Sorry about were your son is at and less about teams you and your son are not involved with.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forget express talk. I’m not talking about any team. I’m generally speaking. Let’s call the team Joeys lacrosse team ok. If Joeys lacrosse team had 85 kids at tryouts, 27 or so of those kids make the team. Some of those 27 might not play much in tight games. Some of those 27 may rarely come off the field. That’s top club lacrosse. Parents have to understand this. This isn’t PAL. If this team practices hard, if this team is coached well and Joeys lacrosse team wins the WSYL, congrats to the kids, congrats to the coaches, congrats to the parents. On the flip side of the coin. Now if Joeys lacrosse team grabs a couple kids a few months later, Joeys team grabs 4 more kids from Pennsylvania. Now the holidays pass, let’s grab 2 more kids from CT. Now the qualifier is coming let’s grab another all star from Delaware. Now I hear some stud up in the Rochester area wants on Joeys team, let’s grab him before the deadline too. Our 27 kids are now 37 kids. Joeys lacrosse team added 10 studs, now they are all stars at every position. A mixture of 5 teams playing on Joeys lacrosse team. I’m sorry if Joeys lacrosse team wins the WSYL doing this, it’s tainted. It’s not the same. If the national league all star team all wore Mets jerseys, the group with the Mets jerseys would win the World Series.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why so much talk of Express? Early zero talk of any other team. If you’re an Express parent you know that Coach C is up front and tells you exactly what he believes and answers any question that you ask him honesty (sometimes brutally honest). They practice more than once a week and offer additional training outside regular practice a few times a week. The kids work hard.
If you’re not an Express parent you bash the team, the coach, the way they do things. That’s called jealously. That’s not having a clue about the team.
There’s a reason these kids and parents want to play for Express. They’re the best. Perhaps you’re son is on the wrong team if you need to just bash Express on a website instead of emailing or calling the directors of your sons team and say hey we have to work harder. Sorry about were your son is at and less about teams you and your son are not involved with.

Nothing wrong with this but sure does not seem like a team environment. Happy where my kid is as he is getting better and still plays against the best and they win a lot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing wrong with this but sure does not seem like a team environment. Happy where my kid is as he is getting better and still plays against the best and they win a lot.

Once again, you're an outsider looking in. They are are team and they all interact as a team. For someone to say "does not seem like a team environment", you're wrong. You're an outsider. I am happy that you are happy where your kid is at and is getting better. That's what this is all about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forget express talk. I’m not talking about any team. I’m generally speaking. Let’s call the team Joeys lacrosse team ok. If Joeys lacrosse team had 85 kids at tryouts, 27 or so of those kids make the team. Some of those 27 might not play much in tight games. Some of those 27 may rarely come off the field. That’s top club lacrosse. Parents have to understand this. This isn’t PAL. If this team practices hard, if this team is coached well and Joeys lacrosse team wins the WSYL, congrats to the kids, congrats to the coaches, congrats to the parents. On the flip side of the coin. Now if Joeys lacrosse team grabs a couple kids a few months later, Joeys team grabs 4 more kids from Pennsylvania. Now the holidays pass, let’s grab 2 more kids from CT. Now the qualifier is coming let’s grab another all star from Delaware. Now I hear some stud up in the Rochester area wants on Joeys team, let’s grab him before the deadline too. Our 27 kids are now 37 kids. Joeys lacrosse team added 10 studs, now they are all stars at every position. A mixture of 5 teams playing on Joeys lacrosse team. I’m sorry if Joeys lacrosse team wins the WSYL doing this, it’s tainted. It’s not the same. If the national league all star team all wore Mets jerseys, the group with the Mets jerseys would win the World Series.

Mixing of teams with kids from different state weeks and months before to try and compete is worse then holdbacks who have been with a team from day one. Change my mind.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been part of many teams ..this 2026 Express team is the definition of “ team “ everyone has a role and nobody is irreplaceable, no showboating, everyone feels involved, kids are hungry and good to each other on and off the field. Parents root for each other’s kids and everyone gets along ...I know you can’t believe that’s true ..but it’s possible to be really good and be great teammates ..i know you think it’s not possible..having fun and winning. Loosing and getting embarrassed is not fun

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mixing of teams with kids from different state weeks and months before to try and compete is worse then holdbacks who have been with a team from day one. Change my mind.

Hobsons choice!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Theirs also a big difference when kids try-out for a team at tryouts and make it and kids being poached from another program half way through the season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Theirs also a big difference when kids try-out for a team at tryouts and make it and kids being poached from another program half way through the season.

Poached? Or Leaving for a better team that makes them better? Cute that you still think children are “poached” and that the kid and parents are t leaving for something better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Poached? Or Leaving for a better team that makes them better? Cute that you still think children are “poached” and that the kid and parents are t leaving for something better.

when the coach or assistant coach walks up to you after a tourney and says if your son is interested in playing with them, give him a call, he will work something out for you and gives you his info, then yes it is called poaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn’t let my son leave a team until the season was over. My sons team win/ loss record, isn’t as important than teaching him integrity. You don’t leave your guys. You don’t abandon your team. If your not happy, season ends, by all means go elsewhere. That’s how I was raised.That’s how my kids will be raised.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LFGM!

Page 32 of 73 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard