BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 26 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 25 26
Re: Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The 91 2024 coach is excellent and so are the girls. However, you are still dealing with 91. As an organization, unless you have a director/owner as your coach, you're just a cash cow to be milked for all you're worth. The girl's side is the epitome of this. They do not go to any of the better tournaments and are stuck going to 91/MyLacrosseTournaments which no other top tier organization goes to.

The other fact which many do not know is the way the top tier girls tournaments operate - you can't just enter a team in them. You have to have attended the year prior. If your team didn't, you're put on the standby list until a spot opens. If a spot doesn't open, you can't enter. The setup favors established organizations. In the event that 91 builds an excellent team on a certain grad year, they still won't be able to get into the top tier tournaments. I know this because my daughter does *not* play for YJ and I've been told about the struggle our program went through to be able to participate - it took years.

Not accurate we play in IWCLA tournaments for the most part.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i didn’t know 91 still had a girls program

thought they folded it up a few years ago

i do remember they had a very good team a couple of seasons back. maybe It was this woman’s team but i thought they may have been younger for some reason

They did have a decent ‘23 who folded and are now YJ B and C team players. The coach of that team also went to YJ and cozz as he’s YJ ‘24. One of the 91 owners wouldn’t even let his own ‘25 daughter play for 91 girls. He is a YJ coach. 91 is just not a good girls program.

Here come the parade of parents trying to convince everyone that if you don’t play for YJ you don’t play in college.... what a joke. You’d think after years of lax politics you’d grow up and realize that there are more strong teams than yellow jackets.

But 91 isn't one of them. The better girls will leave by 6-7th grade. 91 teams can't play in high brackets...would get beatdown/destroyed. I think they are too scared to even travel to MD. Not good for recruiting.

This comment is truly the epitome of the issue with this site and Long Island lacrosse. The girls aren’t scared... you act like anyone who isn’t YJ is petrified to lose a game. There are dozens of great tournaments and showcases not in Maryland. What world are you in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here’s some insight on Legacy - Levy’s 24 Legacy team is legit. Teaches the game, expands girls’ thinking and competes with anyone. They have some real talent at each position, but really play as a group. Judging a team/coach by social media may be useful, but probably not the best way to find out about your options.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i do remember they had a very good team a couple of seasons back. maybe It was this woman’s team but i thought they may have been younger for some reason

They did have a decent ‘23 who folded and are now YJ B and C team players. The coach of that team also went to YJ and cozz as he’s YJ ‘24. One of the 91 owners wouldn’t even let his own ‘25 daughter play for 91 girls. He is a YJ coach. 91 is just not a good girls program.

Here come the parade of parents trying to convince everyone that if you don’t play for YJ you don’t play in college.... what a joke. You’d think after years of lax politics you’d grow up and realize that there are more strong teams than yellow jackets.

But 91 isn't one of them. The better girls will leave by 6-7th grade. 91 teams can't play in high brackets...would get beatdown/destroyed. I think they are too scared to even travel to MD. Not good for recruiting.

This comment is truly the epitome of the issue with this site and Long Island lacrosse. The girls aren’t scared... you act like anyone who isn’t YJ is petrified to lose a game. There are dozens of great tournaments and showcases not in Maryland. What world are you in.

I live in a world called being realistic. If your daughter has the talent and wants to play lacrosse at a high level in college, it's not going to happen playing for a team like 91. Another poster explained why 91 and other lower-tier teams can not get into the top recruiting tournaments. If she's just playing for fun, then that's a different story, and 91 might be fine if you don't mind spending $$ with basically no shot at a top school. My older daughter actually played for 91 when she was younger, but then we switched to YJ after I realized she was going nowhere quick on 91. YJ definitely has its issues, but things worked out. The only clubs on LI that have a track record of producing high-level D1 players are TG and YJ (maybe Legacy), and they both have their pros and cons. I would strongly suggest that you think hard about that and then pick the club where your daughter will actually get meaningful playing time, feels valued, and shows improvement. I think 91 is fine for an inexperienced beginner in grades 1-5, for a season or two, after that, if you don't make a move, you're crazy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here’s some insight on Legacy - Levy’s 24 Legacy team is legit. Teaches the game, expands girls’ thinking and competes with anyone. They have some real talent at each position, but really play as a group. Judging a team/coach by social media may be useful, but probably not the best way to find out about your options.

This team has crazy amounts of kids. Legacy team has talent but it’s a scam.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I live in a world called being realistic. If your daughter has the talent and wants to play lacrosse at a high level in college, it's not going to happen playing for a team like 91. Another poster explained why 91 and other lower-tier teams can not get into the top recruiting tournaments. If she's just playing for fun, then that's a different story, and 91 might be fine if you don't mind spending $$ with basically no shot at a top school. My older daughter actually played for 91 when she was younger, but then we switched to YJ after I realized she was going nowhere quick on 91. YJ definitely has its issues, but things worked out. The only clubs on LI that have a track record of producing high-level D1 players are TG and YJ (maybe Legacy), and they both have their pros and cons. I would strongly suggest that you think hard about that and then pick the club where your daughter will actually get meaningful playing time, feels valued, and shows improvement. I think 91 is fine for an inexperienced beginner in grades 1-5, for a season or two, after that, if you don't make a move, you're crazy!

disagree. If your kid is good they will get into a high level program regardless. I think that you’re probably just someone trying to get the best kids to your daughters team by pretending that other programs are less than. Yellow jackets teams at this age are not nearly as good as they once were. They also offer zero recruiting help. This is all a ploy to try and deter families from other clubs.

If you play as one of the clubs that isn’t top guns or legacy, I can assure you from 20 years coaching highschool and club that this is obnoxious dad politics. Flg 91 legacy etc are all just fine. Let your daughter play and enjoy the sport while still having access to play at any school that fits her for her level

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters hasn’t been brought up on here much. A lot of talk about their a team but we played them and wrecked them. They aren’t very good at all. I was surprised, we expected them to be real competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters hasn’t been brought up on here much. A lot of talk about their a team but we played them and wrecked them. They aren’t very good at all. I was surprised, we expected them to be real competition.

This is a fact. Jesters thinks they’ve become some hot topic but in reality it’s just a bunch of mediocre kids from a bunch of teams that were falling apart. They have zero team chemistry. Coaches don’t seem to rly care to put in the extra time to make them better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was going to mention Jesters along with Legacy as an alternative to YJ/TG. I've been hearing good things about them. They just need to gt into top tournaments. If you are not at the top recruiting tournaments, there is little to no chance to get recruited to a top 20 program. These 91 cheerleaders will smarten up eventually and realize it's a money grab with zero return. 91 girls have been around for a while. How many girls did they get recruited to top programs? I bet the answer is none.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was going to mention Jesters along with Legacy as an alternative to YJ/TG. I've been hearing good things about them. They just need to gt into top tournaments. If you are not at the top recruiting tournaments, there is little to no chance to get recruited to a top 20 program. These 91 cheerleaders will smarten up eventually and realize it's a money grab with zero return. 91 girls have been around for a while. How many girls did they get recruited to top programs? I bet the answer is none.

You do realize that 91 24 team tied the jesters black team this fall with only one sub ? I’m not even part of the program but my daughter plays for empire who was also at the tournament and we watched the game. I think the fact that you’re ragging on programs is crazy.

You’re also missing the fact that coaches from some of these teams do huge damage on kids with how they treat them at a young age. I think the negativity over bashing programs you think aren’t as elite as yours is just as bad as bad as others coming at your program for being a scam, having nasty coaches, having coaches hung over and vomiting on the sidelines, having coaches kids on a teams when they clearly don’t deserve to be there, and having someone like carol leading you. You also completely leave out that YJ is collecting more money constantly from you. They also had everyone scrimmaging one another during covid so they don’t have to refund anyone. This whole mentality of YJ parents bashing everyone else needs to stop. You are not as great as you think you are, other clubs have coaches just as good if not better, and other clubs also are able to get kids recruited. Stop putting down every other club because you have a superiority complex.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Mr.KnowItAll. I’m sure your the same parent who makes the majority of the negative comments about all clubs on here. Relax yourself and get a hobby bro

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We love parents who think their kids walk on water and everyone else should bow down before them 😂😂

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

What are considered the top recruiting tournaments?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We love parents who think their kids walk on water and everyone else should bow down before them 😂😂

Agreed these parents who think there is only one club that will help their kid get to the next level is insanity

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Mr.KnowItAll. I’m sure your the same parent who makes the majority of the negative comments about all clubs on here. Relax yourself and get a hobby bro

This is too accurate. These negative nancies need to relax and stop putting down all these orgs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure why this is funny. This is about your daughter and your money. Most family’s decide to give up time and money for a chance to play lacrosse in college and earn a scholarship. Open your eyes before it’s too late. Don’t say you weren’t warned!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You do realize that 91 24 team tied the jesters black team this fall with only one sub ? I’m not even part of the program but my daughter plays for empire who was also at the tournament and we watched the game. I think the fact that you’re ragging on programs is crazy.

You’re also missing the fact that coaches from some of these teams do huge damage on kids with how they treat them at a young age. I think the negativity over bashing programs you think aren’t as elite as yours is just as bad as bad as others coming at your program for being a scam, having nasty coaches, having coaches hung over and vomiting on the sidelines, having coaches kids on a teams when they clearly don’t deserve to be there, and having someone like carol leading you. You also completely leave out that YJ is collecting more money constantly from you. They also had everyone scrimmaging one another during covid so they don’t have to refund anyone. This whole mentality of YJ parents bashing everyone else needs to stop. You are not as great as you think you are, other clubs have coaches just as good if not better, and other clubs also are able to get kids recruited. Stop putting down every other club because you have a superiority complex.

We play on jesters black and Spallina was in the sideline telling parents how great the 91 team and jesters looked. Both teams are a threat, stop bashing them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Regardless of any scores, these two teams should be regarded as stronger teams. They are not nearly on the same level as flg, rush, recon, bandits, empire, etc. They are definitively in the top five alongside YJ, Top Guns, Legacy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed... serves their agenda to say everyone else but their kids team blows

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy Coach. We all know YJ is a scam. It's just a different scam than 91. Both are scams. One has garbage coaching and barely practices but has good contacts and good tournaments, the other has good coaching and garbage contacts and tournaments. Both charge too much and give too little. That's a fact, Jack.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy Coach. We all know YJ is a scam. It's just a different scam than 91. Both are scams. One has garbage coaching and barely practices but has good contacts and good tournaments, the other has good coaching and garbage contacts and tournaments. Both charge too much and give too little. That's a fact, Jack.

If you look at my reply and actually read you’ll see my daughter plays for empire. I’m heated because going after mid tier clubs just keeps Long Island lacrosse in the same place it’s been for years and that effects my kid. I’m not saying any club is perfect, but at some point everyone needs to realize none of these clubs walk on water but can still get your kids to where they want to be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We’re considering moving clubs next year. I’ve heard mixed things about FlG and elevate, but regardless it’s where we’ve been looking. Any thoughts on these programs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tournaments are 24s attending this summer ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by JohnWick

What are considered the top recruiting tournaments?

Many will disagree but I don’t personally think there are that many elite tournaments. Some posters on this thread said Maryland tournaments are the “good” tournaments, but there are plenty of tournaments that attract coaches. Considering covid, I doubt there will be many coaches at tournaments for a while and they will rely on film and live streams of full games which likely have a playback option.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure why this is funny. This is about your daughter and your money. Most family’s decide to give up time and money for a chance to play lacrosse in college and earn a scholarship. Open your eyes before it’s too late. Don’t say you weren’t warned!

You can get a college scholarship with any club you play on IF YOU ARE TALENTED. Get your kid to the wall and figure out why they can’t catch a ball and that will help more than wasting all your time on this website

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I disagree that the jesters are any real threat and neither is legacy. YJ and TG are the only programs worth playing for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can get a college scholarship with any club you play on IF YOU ARE TALENTED. Get your kid to the wall and figure out why they can’t catch a ball and that will help more than wasting all your time on this website

A lot of parents don’t realize that it really depends how good your kid is. If they stink they stink, no way around it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I disagree that the jesters are any real threat and neither is legacy. YJ and TG are the only programs worth playing for.

Legacy is overrated

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bingo. Look at 22 class about 25% of each club's grade level got recruited within the 1st 6 weeks to top schools. The rest will come later... some to top schools some to lower level athletic schools and a good percentage not at all. The top club on LI has over 100 22's with about 25 commits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A lot of parents don’t realize that it really depends how good your kid is. If they stink they stink, no way around it.

True. I've seen plenty of YJ girls whose parents desperately want them to be better...spending thousands on private training, and they still stink. The occasional talented girl who plays for teams like 91 will eventually leave when she's recruited elsewhere. The rest are probably best off just recognizing that 91 is where they belong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop worrying about the clubs your kid plays for and worry more about how they're playing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bingo. Look at 22 class about 25% of each club's grade level got recruited within the 1st 6 weeks to top schools. The rest will come later... some to top schools some to lower level athletic schools and a good percentage not at all. The top club on LI has over 100 22's with about 25 commits.

Exactly! No matter where you play if you have skill you’re fine. There are some parents sparking fear in others when there is no reason to be concerned.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure why this is funny. This is about your daughter and your money. Most family’s decide to give up time and money for a chance to play lacrosse in college and earn a scholarship. Open your eyes before it’s too late. Don’t say you weren’t warned![/quote]

You can get a college scholarship with any club you play on IF YOU ARE TALENTED. Get your kid to the wall and figure out why they can’t catch a ball and that will help more than wasting all your time on this website[/quote]

A lot of parents don’t realize that it really depends how good your kid is. If they stink they stink, no way around it.[/quote]

True. I've seen plenty of YJ girls whose parents desperately want them to be better...spending thousands on private training, and they still stink. The occasional talented girl who plays for teams like 91 will eventually leave when she's recruited elsewhere. The rest are probably best off just recognizing that 91 is where they belong.[/quote]

My daughter is now at a top d1 college, so this probably isn’t the thread to drop this on but oh well. We left 91 to go elsewhere and then ended up coming back after realizing the grass is not greener. After coming back to 91, she got an offer to play top d1. The team she had switched to was run by crazies and we regretted the year we spent away from the program. I’m not saying the program doesn’t have its faults, it does as all programs do. Only reason I am on this thread is because I was swayed to leave by others on BOTC years ago and the advice I took off this site was so wrong. Dont take everything you see on here to heart, everyone has anterior motives. Just like this parent said before me, there are kids everywhere that aren’t the best. Truth is, if your kid is talented and happy with their team leave them and let their skills speak for themself.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
We’re considering moving clubs next year. I’ve heard mixed things about FlG and elevate, but regardless it’s where we’ve been looking. Any thoughts on these programs?

Our experience with FLG is limited being that my daughter only started playing with them this September, coupled with the pandemic (which impacts parent & coach interaction), but we've been very happy with what we've seen thus far. Her teammates are positive and committed to being at practices, scrimmages, and tournaments. We have twenty girls total and only one 2024 team and they can all catch a ball. wink

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our experience with FLG is limited being that my daughter only started playing with them this September, coupled with the pandemic (which impacts parent & coach interaction), but we've been very happy with what we've seen thus far. Her teammates are positive and committed to being at practices, scrimmages, and tournaments. We have twenty girls total and only one 2024 team and they can all catch a ball. wink

They have one strong midfielder, that’s it. Kids are decent players, but nothing special. They’d get killed by YJ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have one strong midfielder, that’s it. Kids are decent players, but nothing special. They’d get killed by YJ.

They have some lower tier kids who moved over to them this year. Some recon, rush, elevate, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious about your honest experiences with different coaches at this age group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have some lower tier kids who moved over to them this year. Some recon, rush, elevate, etc.

FLG stinks don't like to Mr. Wick

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

kids from recon, flg, etc., moved over to YJ too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

kids from recon, flg, etc., moved over to YJ too.

You really are ok with having more than two lines of kids on your daughters team? Doesn't she want to play more to be seen more?

Page 6 of 26 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard