BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 25 26
Re: Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are there social media accounts for the 24 teams I can look at ?

Instagram
@LIbandits2024
@YJ24osullivan
@91girlslax2024
@Teamelevate2024blue
@Yjkildare
@Liyj2024wiener
@Yjramos2024
@Elevate24blue
@Teamelevatered2024
@rushgirls_2024
@Empiregirls24bengals
Top guns and legacy just recently made instagrams but don’t seem to have team pages yet

Happy stalking.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Instagram
@LIbandits2024
@YJ24osullivan
@91girlslax2024
@Teamelevate2024blue
@Yjkildare
@Liyj2024wiener
@Yjramos2024
@Elevate24blue
@Teamelevatered2024
@rushgirls_2024
@Empiregirls24bengals
Top guns and legacy just recently made instagrams but don’t seem to have team pages yet

Happy stalking.

Super helpful in seeing skill level thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just going to give some advice to parents on here from having two older daughters who got college scholarships

If your kid is playing for rush, recon, or shore 2 shore girls I’d suggest getting a refund and finding a new team for the summer and going forward. Your kid has zero hope being seen playing for these teams. Unfortunately, 2024 elevate is going down too. A bunch of girls left last year, and I’m waiting for the rest to bail soon. Program used to be great, but is quickly falling apart.

I’d love to hear about which teams your daughters play for and your opinion of your team so that we can all figure out where we should be placing our kids.

Can you elaborate why?

My daughter played for one of the above mentioned teams for a few years. We loved what they stood for (big on community service) and at the time, they fit our needs (local tournaments). One of the downsides of being on that team was that some of the players (or it could have been a result of the parents being busy, etc.) didn't make the same time commitment to being at practices. My daughter would often get in the car and tell me how few girls were there. That had an impact on her morale and it showed in the teams' performance on the field. My daughter's interest in lacrosse had changed from what it was 3 years prior, so we decided it might be worth looking into other teams.

This past summer our daughter decided to try out for another team that she had played, and lost to, in tournaments. She made the team and so far we've been very happy with how things have progressed for her. She's upbeat when returning from practices and that says a lot to me. We'll see how it goes this Spring/Summer with the tournaments.

Who does she play for now?

FLG

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just going to give some advice to parents on here from having two older daughters who got college scholarships

If your kid is playing for rush, recon, or shore 2 shore girls I’d suggest getting a refund and finding a new team for the summer and going forward. Your kid has zero hope being seen playing for these teams. Unfortunately, 2024 elevate is going down too. A bunch of girls left last year, and I’m waiting for the rest to bail soon. Program used to be great, but is quickly falling apart.

I’d love to hear about which teams your daughters play for and your opinion of your team so that we can all figure out where we should be placing our kids.

Can you elaborate why?

My daughter played for one of the above mentioned teams for a few years. We loved what they stood for (big on community service) and at the time, they fit our needs (local tournaments). One of the downsides of being on that team was that some of the players (or it could have been a result of the parents being busy, etc.) didn't make the same time commitment to being at practices. My daughter would often get in the car and tell me how few girls were there. That had an impact on her morale and it showed in the teams' performance on the field. My daughter's interest in lacrosse had changed from what it was 3 years prior, so we decided it might be worth looking into other teams.

This past summer our daughter decided to try out for another team that she had played, and lost to, in tournaments. She made the team and so far we've been very happy with how things have progressed for her. She's upbeat when returning from practices and that says a lot to me. We'll see how it goes this Spring/Summer with the tournaments.

FLG

Flg is run by good guys... definitely not as helpful as other clubs with recruiting but a step up if you were previous on one of those other teams! Congrats on finding a spot elsewhere

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Instagram
@LIbandits2024
@YJ24osullivan
@91girlslax2024
@Teamelevate2024blue
@Yjkildare
@Liyj2024wiener
@Yjramos2024
@Elevate24blue
@Teamelevatered2024
@rushgirls_2024
@Empiregirls24bengals

Happy stalking.

I now understand the hype over the 91 coach. After looking at the team page and navigating to her personal coaching page it makes sense why she’s getting so many good reviews. Kudos to her for being one of the only positive topics of conversation on this site.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you elaborate why?

FLG

Flg is run by good guys... definitely not as helpful as other clubs with recruiting but a step up if you were previous on one of those other teams! Congrats on finding a spot elsewhere

Not much bad to say about flg- no crooks like Katowsi, Rose with her money hungry attitude, and Smiths with their DUIs. The flg guys are solid dudes but the program is still middle to low tier at best

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Can you elaborate why?

FLG

In regards to FLG, so far we've been very happy with communication, training, coaching and her teammates (they've been very welcoming to her as a new player.) That's not to say we had any issues with our prior club. We liked the directors and coaches and we truly hope the best for the team and club and my daughter is still friends with a number of girls from the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you elaborate why?

FLG

Not much bad to say about flg- no crooks like Katowsi, Rose with her money hungry attitude, and Smiths with their DUIs. The flg guys are solid dudes but the program is still middle to low tier at best

Yea Elevate parents please look up the current lawsuits against Kotowski

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Instagram
@LIbandits2024
@YJ24osullivan
@91girlslax2024
@Teamelevate2024blue
@Yjkildare
@Liyj2024wiener
@Yjramos2024
@Elevate24blue
@Teamelevatered2024
@rushgirls_2024
@Empiregirls24bengals

Happy stalking.

I now understand the hype over the 91 coach. After looking at the team page and navigating to her personal coaching page it makes sense why she’s getting so many good reviews. Kudos to her for being one of the only positive topics of conversation on this site.

I'm sure they'll find SOMETHING to come at her for. She could be a saint and someone will find something bad to say

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

So what makes the middle - low tier? training? players they attract? lack of college commitments/recruitment?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by JohnWick

So what makes the middle - low tier? training? players they attract? lack of college commitments/recruitment?

Level of play--> how talented the teams are typically

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you elaborate why?

FLG

In regards to FLG, so far we've been very happy with communication, training, coaching and her teammates (they've been very welcoming to her as a new player.) That's not to say we had any issues with our prior club. We liked the directors and coaches and we truly hope the best for the team and club and my daughter is still friends with a number of girls from the team.

Sadly flg is comparative to a c team for brackets but as your family is ok with where you are then embrace it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Instagram
@LIbandits2024
@YJ24osullivan
@91girlslax2024
@Teamelevate2024blue
@Yjkildare
@Liyj2024wiener
@Yjramos2024
@Elevate24blue
@Teamelevatered2024
@rushgirls_2024
@Empiregirls24bengals

Happy stalking.

My daughter just booked a session with her after seeing her pop on on BOTC. From looking at social media it seems like she is in it for the kids not the money which is rare. One of her posts is about how she’ll do a private lesson for free because every kid should have access to the tools they want and she even shouts out other trainers and facilities that could easily take her players. This is probably one of the first times I’ve seen this type of scenario where it isn’t just about money

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Instagram
@LIbandits2024
@YJ24osullivan
@91girlslax2024
@Teamelevate2024blue
@Yjkildare
@Liyj2024wiener
@Yjramos2024
@Elevate24blue
@Teamelevatered2024
@rushgirls_2024
@Empiregirls24bengals

Happy stalking.

My daughter just booked a session with her after seeing her pop on on BOTC. From looking at social media it seems like she is in it for the kids not the money which is rare. One of her posts is about how she’ll do a private lesson for free because every kid should have access to the tools they want and she even shouts out other trainers and facilities that could easily take her players. This is probably one of the first times I’ve seen this type of scenario where it isn’t just about money

Does she have a website or something?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Instagram
@LIbandits2024
@YJ24osullivan
@91girlslax2024
@Teamelevate2024blue
@Yjkildare
@Liyj2024wiener
@Yjramos2024
@Elevate24blue
@Teamelevatered2024
@rushgirls_2024
@Empiregirls24bengals

Happy stalking.

Does she have a website or something?

Instagram look up coachtilts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I now understand the hype over the 91 coach. After looking at the team page and navigating to her personal coaching page it makes sense why she’s getting so many good reviews. Kudos to her for being one of the only positive topics of conversation on this site.[/quote]

My daughter just booked a session with her after seeing her pop on on BOTC. From looking at social media it seems like she is in it for the kids not the money which is rare. One of her posts is about how she’ll do a private lesson for free because every kid should have access to the tools they want and she even shouts out other trainers and facilities that could easily take her players. This is probably one of the first times I’ve seen this type of scenario where it isn’t just about money[/quote]

Does she have a website or something?[/quote]

Instagram look up coachtilts[/quote]

Instantly regretting sharing her my kids going to have to fight for a private slot at this rate ;p

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I now understand the hype over the 91 coach. After looking at the team page and navigating to her personal coaching page it makes sense why she’s getting so many good reviews. Kudos to her for being one of the only positive topics of conversation on this site.[/quote]

I'm sure they'll find SOMETHING to come at her for. She could be a saint and someone will find something bad to say[/quote]

I just messaged her on Instagram and she replied immediately. She makes her players spreadsheets of each weeks plan so that they can keep track of their progress? This is crazy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure they'll find SOMETHING to come at her for. She could be a saint and someone will find something bad to say[/quote]

I just messaged her on Instagram and she replied immediately. She makes her players spreadsheets of each weeks plan so that they can keep track of their progress? This is crazy[/quote]

Shame she can’t coach my daughters team. Why has she stayed at 91 for so long?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure they'll find SOMETHING to come at her for. She could be a saint and someone will find something bad to say

I just messaged her on Instagram and she replied immediately. She makes her players spreadsheets of each weeks plan so that they can keep track of their progress? This is crazy[/quote]

Shame she can’t coach my daughters team. Why has she stayed at 91 for so long?[/quote]

From looking at her social media it seems she followed a team from when she was in college and they just finished with 91 when she picked up a 24 team. From listening and reading stuff on her account it seems like it’s a loyalty thing. She had a story up a few days ago, I admittedly followed her after her name popped up last week, that said she grew up in a single family
Home and didn’t start playing until spring of 9th grade. Evidently the club let her play for free and she’s stuck by them since.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Players just aren’t that great and don’t get the most recruiting help

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shame she can’t coach my daughters team. Why has she stayed at 91 for so long?[/quote]

Because everyplace else they eventually turns you into a money making machine. Happened with my daughters team. used to be like a family with great coaching, now just constant requests for cash. so sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here it comes the site airing out people’s personal lives was only a matter of time

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just messaged her on Instagram and she replied immediately
. She makes her players spreadsheets of each weeks plan so that they can keep track of their progress? This is crazy[/quote]

My kids not a 24 but this thread has been very active so I decided to check it out. Much to my surprise you’re talking about my oldest daughters coach. Sam was her coach for many years and poured her heart into our team. In case it wasn’t made clear, she lives in brooklyn but stayed on Long Island on weekends to be there for my kid and her teammates. This girl became family. She had offers from multiple clubs and some colleges but refused to leave our team because she had some of them since they were in fifth grade. She stayed with them from 5th grade and worked with them through gal of their senior year. The easiest answer to this question is one word: loyalty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just messaged her on Instagram and she replied immediately. She makes her players spreadsheets of each weeks plan so that they can keep track of their progress? This is crazy

Because everyplace else they eventually turns you into a money making machine. Happened with my daughters team. used to be like a family with great coaching, now just constant requests for cash. so sad.[/quote]

So you think she’s staying because she wants to stay away from that culture?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shame she can’t coach my daughters team. Why has she stayed at 91 for so long?

Because everyplace else they eventually turns you into a money making machine. Happened with my daughters team. used to be like a family with great coaching, now just constant requests for cash. so sad.[/quote]

So you think she’s staying because she wants to stay away from that culture?[/quote]

I think that most clubs have really questionable owners. 91 has a pretty solid group of guys running it. Maybe she just doesn’t want to deal with craziness elsewhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i didn’t know 91 still had a girls program

thought they folded it up a few years ago

i do remember they had a very good team a couple of seasons back. maybe It was this woman’s team but i thought they may have been younger for some reason

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i do remember they had a very good team a couple of seasons back. maybe It was this woman’s team but i thought they may have been younger for some reason

They have a girls team for every year and the teams are pretty good. 22 A team is strong as is the 24 team. Brian Spallinas daughter age group has like 3 teams.

They've always been around, over the past few years have rly picked up again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The people who own 91 also now own bandits, empire, etc rumors they’re about to buy elevate too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The people who own 91 also now own bandits, empire, etc rumors they’re about to buy elevate too

Why invest in a bunch of crappy clubs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably easier to buy and rebuild smaller clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are definitely still around and doing well. The boys side is obviously a power house, but they have girls teams in jersey,
Florida, Carolinas, texas I believe, and west Chester

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I really thought this thread was going to stay positive for a whole 24 hours

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I really thought this thread was going to stay positive for a whole 24 hours

Nothing negative was said !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They did have a decent ‘23 who folded and are now YJ B and C team players. The coach of that team also went to YJ and cozz as he’s YJ ‘24. One of the 91 owners wouldn’t even let his own ‘25 daughter play for 91 girls. He is a YJ coach. 91 is just not a good girls program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They did have a decent ‘23 who folded and are now YJ B and C team players. The coach of that team also went to YJ and cozz as he’s YJ ‘24. One of the 91 owners wouldn’t even let his own ‘25 daughter play for 91 girls. He is a YJ coach. 91 is just not a good girls program.

Completely disagree. The 91 girls side is strong, it’s just parents and owners of other clubs saying anyone but YJ isn’t strong. My kid doesn’t even play for them. It’s just a cycle of dads bashing other programs so other players think there’s only one good team to play on.

Also Brian Spallina’s kid plays for 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here come the parade of parents trying to convince everyone that if you don’t play for YJ you don’t play in college.... what a joke. You’d think after years of lax politics you’d grow up and realize that there are more strong teams than yellow jackets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did you miss the various comments about the 91 coach who people seem to have formed a cult over ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here come the parade of parents trying to convince everyone that if you don’t play for YJ you don’t play in college.... what a joke. You’d think after years of lax politics you’d grow up and realize that there are more strong teams than yellow jackets.

But 91 isn't one of them. The better girls will leave by 6-7th grade. 91 teams can't play in high brackets...would get beatdown/destroyed. I think they are too scared to even travel to MD. Not good for recruiting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 91 2024 coach is excellent and so are the girls. However, you are still dealing with 91. As an organization, unless you have a director/owner as your coach, you're just a cash cow to be milked for all you're worth. The girl's side is the epitome of this. They do not go to any of the better tournaments and are stuck going to 91/MyLacrosseTournaments which no other top tier organization goes to.

The other fact which many do not know is the way the top tier girls tournaments operate - you can't just enter a team in them. You have to have attended the year prior. If your team didn't, you're put on the standby list until a spot opens. If a spot doesn't open, you can't enter. The setup favors established organizations. In the event that 91 builds an excellent team on a certain grad year, they still won't be able to get into the top tier tournaments. I know this because my daughter does *not* play for YJ and I've been told about the struggle our program went through to be able to participate - it took years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 91 2024 coach is excellent and so are the girls. However, you are still dealing with 91. As an organization, unless you have a director/owner as your coach, you're just a cash cow to be milked for all you're worth. The girl's side is the epitome of this. They do not go to any of the better tournaments and are stuck going to 91/MyLacrosseTournaments which no other top tier organization goes to.

The other fact which many do not know is the way the top tier girls tournaments operate - you can't just enter a team in them. You have to have attended the year prior. If your team didn't, you're put on the standby list until a spot opens. If a spot doesn't open, you can't enter. The setup favors established organizations. In the event that 91 builds an excellent team on a certain grad year, they still won't be able to get into the top tier tournaments. I know this because my daughter does *not* play for YJ and I've been told about the struggle our program went through to be able to participate - it took years.

Coaches attend various tournaments. All of these teams other than yellow jackets who aren’t in those tournaments or just got in have done just fine with recruiting without them. I think that the Long Island lacrosse world has been brainwashed into thinking that smaller clubs won’t do anything for your kid. The truth of the matter is it has nothing to do with what jersey you’re wearing but rather how skilled you as an individual are as well as how hard your coach will work and support you.

My kid doesn’t play for 91, but we get nickle and dimed for every tournament and expense. At least they’re expensive but all inclusive. You know what you’re paying for the whole year, just like flg. Yellow jackets screws you by asking for money for every little thing and you end up paying just as much if not more.

The whole you need to be YJ to be recruited charade needs to stop eventually. Maybe we can be the first group of parents to stop marketing it that way.

Page 5 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard