BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 112 1 2 3 111 112
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Chief Admin
OP Offline
Chief Admin
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse for Girls from the class of 2027 in/around the Mid-Atlantic region.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the BLC 2027s really that good? Very impressive fall.. Will be interesting to see how many BLC girls stay with the club long-term

Conversely are the SW 27s that bad -- routinely getting blown out by clubs they normally blow out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who did BLC beat in the fall? To me, they’ve been a very good team since 2019 NGLL.

I expect SW to improve over the next few seasons, had a late start compared to most of these teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who did BLC beat in the fall? To me, they’ve been a very good team since 2019 NGLL.

I expect SW to improve over the next few seasons, had a late start compared to most of these teams.

Not sure what you mean by late start for SW. They went 0-6 in the fall and only 1 loss was by fewer than 9 goals. Can't see this ship righting without a massive roster turnover. Saw their 14-2 loss to pride at Chesapeake and Pride could have scored 20 if they wanted to.

BLC was 5-1 in the fall, only loss by 2 to M&D in a game that was close late and most wins were decisive.

I tend not to read much into 4th grade and below NGLL games since lots of good girls are still playing rec level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what you mean by late start for SW. They went 0-6 in the fall and only 1 loss was by fewer than 9 goals. Can't see this ship righting without a massive roster turnover. Saw their 14-2 loss to pride at Chesapeake and Pride could have scored 20 if they wanted to.

BLC was 5-1 in the fall, only loss by 2 to M&D in a game that was close late and most wins were decisive.

I tend not to read much into 4th grade and below NGLL games since lots of good girls are still playing rec level.

When I say late start, I am referring to the 2027 SW team not playing in NGLL in 2019, then due to COVID, not having a 2020 NGLL. There's a learning curve. As you state, some kids may have been playing rec which means they didn't play at all in 2019-2020 season.

No doubt they need to add a few kids from other clubs to start to compete.

Who would you put in your top-5?

Mine would be

1) Hero's Green
2) M&D Black
3) BLC
4) NEMS
5) Pride

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When I say late start, I am referring to the 2027 SW team not playing in NGLL in 2019, then due to COVID, not having a 2020 NGLL. There's a learning curve. As you state, some kids may have been playing rec which means they didn't play at all in 2019-2020 season.

No doubt they need to add a few kids from other clubs to start to compete.

Who would you put in your top-5?

Mine would be

1) Hero's Green
2) M&D Black
3) BLC
4) NEMS
5) Pride

Top 3 def the same

I'd go

1) Hero Green
2) M&D Black
3) BLC
4) Pride
5) MD United
6) LBC// NEMS / Coppermine

no real differentiation between 5 and 8 in my mind. I actually think outside of Heros this year as a general rule is well behing where comparable teams were the last 3 years. not sure if it is covid or just a down year in general

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I gotta give NEMS credit for beating MDU and M&D in NGLL.
Coppermine is interesting as I know they’ve lost a few key players so they are adjusting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine is interesting as I know they’ve lost a few key players so they are adjusting.

I think that's fair. I probably marked them down a bit for playing a bit of an easier schedule in general. I did discount their NGLL performance to my prior point, I dont really value 4th grade results since teams change so much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think that's fair. I probably marked them down a bit for playing a bit of an easier schedule in general. I did discount their NGLL performance to my prior point, I dont really value 4th grade results since teams change so much.

Teams def change, but the dominant teams of the 2019 NGLL are still the dominant teams now, Hero's, M&D, BLC. All went 7-1. NEMS wasn't in the league then but they are going to be a force unless something changes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's my Top-10 for 2027 Winter 2020

1) Hero's Green (only a few 2027 teams can even keep it close)
2) M&D Black (only a few 2027 teams can beat them)
3) BLC (will be interesting to see them this spring, as they could move up or down moreso than any team)
4) NEMS (they got a few very solid players)
5) MD United (outside of a few clubs, they played very well)
6) Pride Red (They seem to get better after each season)
7) Coppermine (I know they lost a few key pieces)
8) LBC (They are the best of the next tier)
9) Integrity (They got to beat Hero's White and LBC routinely to move up)
10) Hero's White (lots of improvement over the last year)

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where would you put the new jersey and long island teams in your rankings

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Monster and YJ would both be top 4. Both could probably give Heros a game, especially if it is officiated in more of a northern style (eg allowing more contact)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Had to say since they really haven’t played in over a year with MD teams, I admittedly don’t know enough.

Steps likely in top 4.
I’d assume YJ would be there as well given reputation of club.
Aces Elite played M&D tight in Fall 2019.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Monster and YJ would both be top 4. Both could probably give Heros a game, especially if it is officiated in more of a northern style (eg allowing more contact)

Has Monster played Aces and if so how close where those games? Will be nice come summer when some of the NJ NY teams can play MD area (hopefully)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Who did BLC beat in the fall? To me, they’ve been a very good team since 2019 NGLL.

no real differentiation between 5 and 8 in my mind. I actually think outside of Heros this year as a general rule is well behind where comparable teams were the last 3 years. not sure if it is covid or just a down year in general

I've noticed the same. I think last year's 6th graders was a significantly better class. In fact some clubs like Coppermine can't even fill a B team at this level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they let the cross checks and rough play from the teams in helmets go ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Who did BLC beat in the fall? To me, they’ve been a very good team since 2019 NGLL.

no real differentiation between 5 and 8 in my mind. I actually think outside of Heros this year as a general rule is well behind where comparable teams were the last 3 years. not sure if it is covid or just a down year in general

I've noticed the same. I think last year's 6th graders was a significantly better class. In fact some clubs like Coppermine can't even fill a B team at this level.

I wouldn't say there's a correlation between A & B teams and talent in a given class. It speaks to participation I think, simply a quantity vs quality issue.
We simply do not know enough about this class to judge on the talent unless you are seeing a huge amount of games played under COVID restrictions.

What I can say is there seems to be a big gap from the top tier teams to the average teams in this age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wouldn't say there's a correlation between A & B teams and talent in a given class. It speaks to participation I think, simply a quantity vs quality issue.
We simply do not know enough about this class to judge on the talent unless you are seeing a huge amount of games played under COVID restrictions.

What I can say is there seems to be a big gap from the top tier teams to the average teams in this age group.

For me, i think there has been a massive gap in the 2nd tier. When you see a team like Skywalkers, Coppermine or MD United who have girls on the roster who can't cradle correctly , dont keep stick in triple thread position and have poor off-hand skills, you know they had a talent gap at tryouts.

Even the first tier after Heros, while M&D and BLC have solid players, there are only 1 or 2 who you look at and say Wow, that girl will be great in 3 years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For me, i think there has been a massive gap in the 2nd tier. When you see a team like Skywalkers, Coppermine or MD United who have girls on the roster who can't cradle correctly , dont keep stick in triple thread position and have poor off-hand skills, you know they had a talent gap at tryouts.

Even the first tier after Heros, while M&D and BLC have solid players, there are only 1 or 2 who you look at and say Wow, that girl will be great in 3 years.

Skywalkers is not in the same tier as Coppermine and MD United at the 2027 level. Night and Day difference. For whatever reason, Skywalkers is not at the level the club tends to be at, but I expect that to change over the next few seasons.

I will say that for the club I know, they did not cut any players over summer, because of COVID, they didn't feel the players got a fair shot, so yes, there are some at the bottom end who are not up to speed. I can tell you there are more than 1-2 players on M&D and BLC who are going to be great players. Even the Coppermine and MD United as you reference have some very talented girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Skywalkers is not in the same tier as Coppermine and MD United at the 2027 level. Night and Day difference. For whatever reason, Skywalkers is not at the level the club tends to be at, but I expect that to change over the next few seasons.

I will say that for the club I know, they did not cut any players over summer, because of COVID, they didn't feel the players got a fair shot, so yes, there are some at the bottom end who are not up to speed. I can tell you there are more than 1-2 players on M&D and BLC who are going to be great players. Even the Coppermine and MD United as you reference have some very talented girls.

Agree that many of the top clubs have well more than 1-2 great players. But I would also agree that overall roster depth is way down. Watching M and D play MD United I would say that a majority of the second string girls on both sides would likely be on a B team in past years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That will likely change the next couple years before high school for the big 3 in the area.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That will likely change the next couple years before high school for the big 3 in the area.

There is more than a “Big 3 in the area”, but yes agree with change. There are some great teams at this age group in all areas.

Watch out for those players that work harder than others in the “off season”!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where do the girls that play for M&D and Heros train and do clinics? I want to get my daughter around clinics with better players as there are not many in the DVM area.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know Navy Clinics have been really good, with Hero's in attendance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know Navy Clinics have been really good, with Hero's in attendance.

Maybe they can teach the boys ones! They have been awful the few couple years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is more than a “Big 3 in the area”, but yes agree with change. There are some great teams at this age group in all areas.

By 9th grade it will be down to a big 3 ! All the girls and families are gonna try for the big time if they think they can make it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By 9th grade it will be down to a big 3 ! All the girls and families are gonna try for the big time if they think they can make it.

I guess if the goal is to win as many tournaments as you can, then the Big 3, whatever those clubs end up being, is a great goal. If the goal is to learn the love of the game, play in HS at a high level, and onto college, there are many clubs in the state that will do that. Presently, there is Hero's, and everybody else. Other clubs will improve just by sharing a field with Hero's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess if the goal is to win as many tournaments as you can, then the Big 3, whatever those clubs end up being, is a great goal. If the goal is to learn the love of the game, play in HS at a high level, and onto college, there are many clubs in the state that will do that. Presently, there is Hero's, and everybody else. Other clubs will improve just by sharing a field with Hero's.

Yeah that’s pretty funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah that’s pretty funny.

What part has you triggered?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well at this age it is about winning, and the "Big 3" have been winning and losing to each other over the last 2 years. I can see the BLC team falling apart at some point soon especially since they don't have a HS program. The question is where do the players go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At 6th grade, its about "winning"? Not sure I agree. I would say its about winning once they get into HS.

Very few clubs had teams as 3rd graders, so the rest were playing catchup in 4th grade season. 5th grade season obviously had issues with COVID. I agree on BLC having issues in near future. You got to watch out for NEMS, who already beat M&D in the fall in NGLL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nems has to stop players from leaving to go to the white team at skywalkers. Parents need to understand why they are doing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nems has to stop players from leaving to go to the white team at skywalkers. Parents need to understand why they are doing.

At the 2027 age group? That would be a mistake.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well at this age it is about winning, and the "Big 3" have been winning and losing to each other over the last 2 years. I can see the BLC team falling apart at some point soon especially since they don't have a HS program. The question is where do the players go.

It will be interesting to see where girls land once a real season and shouts are held. M&D has some great players, but their roster is huge and if you are not in the starting lineup you don’t get much playing time.

Hero’s has 2 great lineups where any girl can start and hold her own. They only have one or two weak links, so I think it will be hard to get a place on that team unless you are a real rockstar.

NEMS had great showings this summer/fall. If they pick up a few more good girls they could be a real threat.

Skywalkers isn’t great right now, but they always end up getting much better as the girls get older and parents who are sick of the political bs move there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At the 2027 age group? That would be a mistake.

NEMS current 2027s are better than skywalker Blue. Can't see what any would make this move.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Girls 6th grade lacrosse. Lol. GET A GRIP

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly right. Makes zero sense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Girls 6th grade lacrosse. Lol. GET A GRIP
And yet, here you are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just saw NGLL brackets. anyone else surprised that HoCo is in the B bracket?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just saw NGLL brackets. anyone else surprised that HoCo is in the B bracket?

No. 27s are definitely a B team for them. So they are in a bracket they can actually win a few games rather than get shellacked just to say they are in an 'A' bracket.

Page 1 of 112 1 2 3 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard