BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 218 of 220 1 2 216 217 218 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]
all orgs have a few crappy role models coaching comes with the territory

even the yellowjackits employ a former exotic dancer on one of there teams[/quote]

Which team. Looking for a friend ??

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sorry but it seems this was easily predicted years ago on this very site and the TG faithful backed him up . It’s amazing these organizations get away with this nonsense. Years ago they were posting about what a disgrace the “[ChillLaxin] “ coaches from YJ were and in the end they were right as neither of those two midgets ( 2019 coaches) should have been around let alone been coaching young women. You have three horrible role models who were called out years ago on this vey site and sadly parents still let their daughters be around these losers hoping to get their kid a lacrosse scholarship . If your child was on one of these teams you all should be embarrassed . I almost get SS in that it’s her brother but he is not the only horrendous male role model in that group and CR was allowed to have her kid attend a school that they did not live in the district of so she would allow 1 of the midgets to continue coaching even if she knows he is a disgusting person . Amazing with the amount of enmities she has no one turned her in or her [ChillLaxin] accomplish to the school district .

There are some female coaches and directors of small programs that are not very good role models also.

So who do we think coaches that is still a positive role model? Who should our girls gravitate to?

even the yellowjackits employ a former exotic dancer on one of there teams

I think it's time to shut the site down, we've found a winner!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

even the yellowjackits employ a former exotic dancer on one of there teams

Which team. Looking for a friend ??[/quote]

Don't be shy, drop a name lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about the YJ college girl coaches that show up so hungover that they are puking in the portapoties between games?????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Andrew Smith.. really you are classless. You were Disgusting in the way you talk in front of our girls. absolute defeated status has just been confirmed on The News. You are an embarrassment to the hard-working men and women in law enforcement.

It is said that this young man made a poor decision and it will more than likely cost him a great career and perhaps more on a personal level. It is sadder that people like you come on this forum just to bash someone because you feel your daughter has been treated poorly. I assume you left TG at this point. There are so many choices now on LI for girls lacrosse and hopefully, you found the right fit. Step up and show some maturity for an adult, this sad situation carries a little more weight than getting yelled at in a youth lacrosse travel organization. If your daughter gets the chance to play at the college level, she had better get ready. I can assure you the experience entails a lot more yelling and expectations. My daughter played for TG and there were some stressful times. I feel it better prepared her for the college lacrosse experience. Good luck to all[/quote]

The Smiths have no business running an organization for youth. It seems that it has just become a quick shot for money. Very little support for recruiting and terrible tole models for our kids.[/quote]

My daughter, Bill Smith was very involved with the process. My daughter and I couldn't be happier with the support and effort in the recruiting process. Remember it is your obligation to focus on a reachable school for your daughter in athletics and academics. Once we contacted Bill and told him this is the place he was iatrical in helping us get it done.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Andrew Smith.. really you are classless. You were Disgusting in the way you talk in front of our girls. absolute defeated status has just been confirmed on The News. You are an embarrassment to the hard-working men and women in law enforcement.

It is said that this young man made a poor decision and it will more than likely cost him a great career and perhaps more on a personal level. It is sadder that people like you come on this forum just to bash someone because you feel your daughter has been treated poorly. I assume you left TG at this point. There are so many choices now on LI for girls lacrosse and hopefully, you found the right fit. Step up and show some maturity for an adult, this sad situation carries a little more weight than getting yelled at in a youth lacrosse travel organization. If your daughter gets the chance to play at the college level, she had better get ready. I can assure you the experience entails a lot more yelling and expectations. My daughter played for TG and there were some stressful times. I feel it better prepared her for the college lacrosse experience. Good luck to all[/quote]

The Smiths have no business running an organization for youth. It seems that it has just become a quick shot for money. Very little support for recruiting and terrible tole models for our kids.[/quote]

My daughter Bill Smith was very involved with the process. My daughter and I couldn't be happier with the support and effort in the recruiting process. Remember it is your obligation to focus on a reachable school for your daughter in athletics and academics. Once we contacted Bill and told him this is the place he was iatrical in helping us get it done.[/quote]

Same here. My daughter '23 gave a list of her top choices and has already received questions after the Smiths reached out to the schools to let them know about my daughter. Now it's up to her to play well this spring/summer. I also have friends with daughters on older teams and in college who are going to their top choices.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is said that this young man made a poor decision and it will more than likely cost him a great career and perhaps more on a personal level. It is sadder that people like you come on this forum just to bash someone because you feel your daughter has been treated poorly. I assume you left TG at this point. There are so many choices now on LI for girls lacrosse and hopefully you found the right fit. Step up and show some maturity for an adult, this sad situation carries a little more weight than getting yelled at in a youth lacrosse travel organization. If your daughter gets the chance to play at the college level, she had better get ready. I can assure you the experience entails a lot more yelling and expectations. My daughter played for TG and there were some stressful times. I feel it better prepared her for the college lacrosse experience. Good luck to all[/quote]

My daughter Bill Smith was very involved with the process. My daughter and I couldn't be happier with the support and effort in the recruiting process. Remember it is your obligation to focus on a reachable school for your daughter in athletics and academics. Once we contacted Bill and told him this is the place he was iatrical in helping us get it done.[/quote]

Same here. My daughter '23 gave a list of her top choices and has already received questions after the Smiths reached out to the schools to let them know about my daughter. Now it's up to her to play well this spring/summer. I also have friends with daughters on older teams and in college who are going to their top choices.[/quote]

I think with any org it’s hit or miss and I think the most important thing is to find a coach who is going to put themselves out there. If we’re comparing to other programs, some offer a lot more support along the way. It’s a matter of preference

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is sad that this young man made a poor decision and it will more than likely cost him a great career and perhaps more on a personal level. It is sadder that people like you come on this forum just to bash someone because you feel your daughter has been treated poorly. I assume you left TG at this point. There are so many choices now on LI for girls lacrosse and hopefully, you found the right fit. Step up and show some maturity for an adult, this sad situation carries a little more weight than getting yelled at in a youth lacrosse travel organization. If your daughter gets the chance to play at the college level, she had better get ready. I can assure you the experience entails a lot more yelling and expectations. My daughter played for TG and there were some stressful times. I feel it better prepared her for the college lacrosse experience. Good luck to all[/quote]

i guess Shannon didn't want her. problems occur

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i guess Shannon didn't want her. problems occur [/quote]

Shannon wanted her, just wasn't a good fit for my daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those who don't feel Shannon and the Smiths are supportive of athletes educational and athletic future ... Please Google Sam Apuzzo's televized speech when she received the Tewaaraton Award! Check out the only coaches/program that she took the time publicly recognize! And if you say well that's because Sam was a stud and the others don't get the attention & treatment. Everyones daughters simply need to train harder! That does not daughter from that statement!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those who don't feel Shannon and the Smiths are supportive of athletes educational and athletic future ... Please Google Sam Apuzzo's televized speech when she received the Tewaaraton Award! Check out the only coaches/program that she took the time publicly recognize! And if you say well that's because Sam was a stud and the others don't get the attention & treatment. Everyones daughters simply need to train harder! That does not daughter from that statement!

Things have certainly changed since those days...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]For those who don't feel Shannon and the Smiths are supportive of athletes educational and athletic future ... Please Google Sam Apuzzo's televized speech when she received the Tewaaraton Award! Check out the only coaches/program that she took the time publicly recognize! And if you say well that's because Sam was a stud and the others don't get the attention & treatment. Everyones daughters simply need to train harder! That does not daughter from that statement!

Things have certainly changed since those days...[/quote

Not for my daughter’s team. Sam has always helped out and been a great inspiration. A great reminder that any girl who works hard and stays humble can achieve her dreams. So proud of her accomplishments and philosophy. Sad that you need to put a negative spin into a Tewaaraton achievement!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]For those who don't feel Shannon and the Smiths are supportive of athletes educational and athletic future ... Please Google Sam Apuzzo's televized speech when she received the Tewaaraton Award! Check out the only coaches/program that she took the time publicly recognize! And if you say well that's because Sam was a stud and the others don't get the attention & treatment. Everyones daughters simply need to train harder! That does not daughter from that statement!

Not for my daughter’s team. Sam has always helped out and been a great inspiration. A great reminder that any girl who works hard and stays humble can achieve her dreams. So proud of her accomplishments and philosophy. Sad that you need to put a negative spin into a Tewaaraton achievement!

Hmmm wonder why Appuzzo doesn’t coach with TC anymore

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]For those who don't feel Shannon and the Smiths are supportive of athletes educational and athletic future ... Please Google Sam Apuzzo's televized speech when she received the Tewaaraton Award! Check out the only coaches/program that she took the time publicly recognize! And if you say well that's because Sam was a stud and the others don't get the attention & treatment. Everyones daughters simply need to train harder! That does not daughter from that statement!

She's coaching for BC now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]For those who don't feel Shannon and the Smiths are supportive of athletes educational and athletic future ... Please Google Sam Apuzzo's televized speech when she received the Tewaaraton Award! Check out the only coaches/program that she took the time publicly recognize! And if you say well that's because Sam was a stud and the others don't get the attention & treatment. Everyones daughters simply need to train harder! That does not daughter from that statement!

did not coach TG last summer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We all are entitled to our own opinions. From talking to other parents from various teams I think I'm going to move my kid. I'm glad Bill can help kids, but their are serious issues with some of the staff. Shannon can't keep herself from screaming for more than 30 seconds. Maybe if she spent more time coaching and less time panicked yelling the kids could succeed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]For those who don't feel Shannon and the Smiths are supportive of athletes educational and athletic future ... Please Google Sam Apuzzo's televized speech when she received the Tewaaraton Award! Check out the only coaches/program that she took the time publicly recognize! And if you say well that's because Sam was a stud and the others don't get the attention & treatment. Everyones daughters simply need to train harder! That does not daughter from that statement!

Very interesting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You complete misunderstood my statement. I was absolutely giving Top Guns credit for being recognized by Sam as being an integral part of her success! Knowing Sam, she one best people for our daughters to emulate. she a fantastic role model for ANYONE & EVERYONE, not just our daughters and l realize all of the young ladies work tremendously hard achieve similar success on the field and off!

In a nutshell, it just shows that Top Guns produces educated, humble, successful young ladies ...not only on the , but life as well!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You complete misunderstood my statement. I was absolutely giving Top Guns credit for being recognized by Sam as being an integral part of her success! Knowing Sam, she one best people for our daughters to emulate. she a fantastic role model for ANYONE & EVERYONE, not just our daughters and l realize all of the young ladies work tremendously hard achieve similar success on the field and off!

In a nutshell, it just shows that Top Guns produces educated, humble, successful young ladies ...not only on the , but life as well!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to apologize to anyone who read my post and the part about training .... ( I meant to write) ... it "DOES NOT EXCLUDE MY DAUGHTER"
Again, my apologies!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We all are entitled to our own opinions. From talking to other parents from various teams I think I'm going to move my kid. I'm glad Bill can help kids, but their are serious issues with some of the staff. Shannon can't keep herself from screaming for more than 30 seconds. Maybe if she spent more time coaching and less time panicked yelling the kids could succeed.

You have to have a kid in the program to move her lol...get a life and stop trolling the internet for attention!!! FYI Sam has Been activity involved in coaching at all my daughters winter training since she was home!!!! Now back to BC to coach but nice try on trying to stir up garbage!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have to have a kid in the program to move her lol...get a life and stop trolling the internet for attention!!! FYI Sam has Been activity involved in coaching at all my daughters winter training since she was home!!!! Now back to BC to coach but nice try on trying to stir up garbage!!

My daughter is in the program... hence why I know what bs it is

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great. You won’t be missed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The posters kid is probably getting screamed at because she can’t catch the ball. Hope the poor kid finds a team to take her money and tell her how great she is. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck getting your kid a scholarship with your attitude

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What age is your daughter? Why are you so unhappy with SS? If you are leaving why are you even on this page? Just leave and start trouble in a different organization when your daughter isn't the stud you think she is. Maybe it's not TG's, it's you the parent?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What age is your daughter? Why are you so unhappy with SS? If you are leaving why are you even on this page? Just leave and start trouble in a different organization when your daughter isn't the stud you think she is. Maybe it's not TG's, it's you the parent?

Seriously you TG parents are insane. The YJ parents I have met over the years all know that CR has her faults mainly related to the fact that its essentially just a business and she will help your daughter more when it helps her to promote her business and less when it does not. TG parents are completely blind to the over the top behavior from their club owners . Maybe the poster you are replying to is on here to legitimately warn others who are thinking of joining TG. I recall the warning about a certain coach being a terrible role model on this site when the final 4 was at SBU many years ago and it seems it helped me avoid a bad situation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously you TG parents are insane. The YJ parents I have met over the years all know that CR has her faults mainly related to the fact that its essentially just a business and she will help your daughter more when it helps her to promote her business and less when it does not. TG parents are completely blind to the over the top behavior from their club owners . Maybe the poster you are replying to is on here to legitimately warn others who are thinking of joining TG. I recall the warning about a certain coach being a terrible role model on this site when the final 4 was at SBU many years ago and it seems it helped me avoid a bad situation.

Nobody cares what you think. Move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree with this ^^ so many negative comments on here but maybe there is some validity in it and instead of attacking those warning we actually listen

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yet another example of the toxic people this club has brought in

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yet another example of the toxic people this club has brought in

Wow. Nice try. So it’s toxic to respond to a toxic uninformed statement made by someone with an obvious ax to grind. You must be a politician. Hint. Your green eyed jealousy is showing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sam Appuzzo is a very nice person and a gifted athlete. she would have been great if she played for legacy, YJ or anyone else. The Smiths try and take the credit but she is a freak athlete. she doesn't coach at TG because she smartened up. why should she waste for summers for $60/hour when she can now run her own clinics and make much more. now she gets more bang for the buck. Shes a BC grad. she knows what she is doing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]A lot of TG parents don't care that their coaches are embarrassing. stunads accept idiotic behavior. Everyone hears Shannon and Andrew cursing at players and referees, been happening for years. They justify it as it "makes them tougher" or "gets them ready for college." or some other SB like that. In reality, they are just white trash. they get yellow and reds..hurting the team on the field in the process. Big turn off for parents who want good role models and smart coaching for the good coin we are paying. That is why half the roster plays. the other half travels and gets junk time even in recruiting tourneys because they want to be seen as the best, but they just are not. very uncaring toward teh commitment of families who are bring their kid there to be developed but just watch. Seriously, you have to be notIntelligent to not explore other options.

What coaches don't yell? The Jesters Coach almost got thrown out of a fall showcase game he goes nuts on the sideline. CR and Bert both scream at players. Look to see where your daughter is developing that's the best spot for her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of TG parents don't care that their coaches are embarrassing. stunads accept idiotic behavior. Everyone hears Shannon and Andrew cursing at players and referees, been happening for years. They justify it as it "makes them tougher" or "gets them ready for college." or some other SB like that. In reality, they are just white trash. they get yellow and reds..hurting the team on the field in the process. Big turn off for parents who want good role models and smart coaching for the good coin we are paying. That is why half the roster plays. the other half travels and gets junk time even in recruiting tourneys because they want to be seen as the best, but they just are not. very uncaring toward teh commitment of families who are bring their kid there to be developed but just watch. Seriously, you have to be notIntelligent to not explore other options.

Guess you never saw the YJ coaches? Kings/Queens of Yellows and ejections. You also mention half the roster play. That is a YJ thing as well. I know YJ families who have driven to MD on Fathers day, and their daughters didn't step on the field!. On TG, everyone plays, although the better players get more field time, this happens in all top club teams. As for role models, as long as my daughter is being treated fairly at practice and tournaments, I'm good. What coaches do on their own time is not mine or my daughters business. Do you think all the coaches on other teams are great role models? Years ago, my daughters YJ coaches who were college players would show up (or not) hungover to the tournaments. Puking in the porta pottie between games. YJ and TG are the best clubs on LI and have more similarities than differences. It sounds to me that your daughter would be better suited for team 91 or Elevate. If you can't swim with the big fish, get out of the pond. And if your looking unicorns and rainbows in your lacrosse team, you will have a disappointing and frustrating journey.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of TG parents don't care that their coaches are embarrassing. stunads accept idiotic behavior. Everyone hears Shannon and Andrew cursing at players and referees, been happening for years. They justify it as it "makes them tougher" or "gets them ready for college." or some other SB like that. In reality, they are just white trash. they get yellow and reds..hurting the team on the field in the process. Big turn off for parents who want good role models and smart coaching for the good coin we are paying. That is why half the roster plays. the other half travels and gets junk time even in recruiting tourneys because they want to be seen as the best, but they just are not. very uncaring toward teh commitment of families who are bring their kid there to be developed but just watch. Seriously, you have to be notIntelligent to not explore other options.

Wow. We get it. You keep posting the same thing. If you are part of TG then leave. Put on your big boy pants and go elsewhere. If your not with TG why do you want to waste your time with writing the same nonsense. Go be productive and get a job.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. We get it. You keep posting the same thing. If you are part of TG then leave. Put on your big boy pants and go elsewhere. If your not with TG why do you want to waste your time with writing the same nonsense. Go be productive and get a job.

Well said

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Different parent here and also am looking to move my kid at the end of the year off the 24 team. Done with this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Different parent here and also am looking to move my kid at the end of the year off the 24 team. Done with this.

See ya! Always nice to get rid of some dead wood.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously you are okay with whatever your coaches do off the field as it’s none of your business . Your okay with one of the administrators getting so wasted at the final 4 he could not walk . Sorry but it’s disgusting that you knowingly allow your kids to be around that behavior but my guess they see it at home also . You will always be in YJ shadow , yes you had Sam Apuzzo and now she wants little to do with the club .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously you are okay with whatever your coaches do off the field as it’s none of your business . Your okay with one of the administrators getting so wasted at the final 4 he could not walk . Sorry but it’s disgusting that you knowingly allow your kids to be around that behavior but my guess they see it at home also . You will always be in YJ shadow , yes you had Sam Apuzzo and now she wants little to do with the club .

Grow up!!! Your a doody stirrer.... everyone at TG knows the truth and sam is always involved at TG when she’s home from Boston ... let the record show there is a lonely disgruntled parent who’s lil girl prob got cut years ago and they still can’t swallow it!!! #STAYSALTY.!!!!

Like Reply Quote
Page 218 of 220 1 2 216 217 218 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard