BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 114 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 113 114
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It “proves” that it has EVERYTHING to do w/ who the coaches are...look at who the coach is & see how many girls come from their school/club. The girls that didn’t even get called back last year all came from a school where their coach had coached the year prior...not good enough? Those same girls are ALL committed to TOP D1 schools!!!! But weren’t “good enough” to even be called back last year...it’s a pathetic set up & in no way indicates who how well the girl is as a player!
So when those girls made it and their coach was involved, they were undeserving because it is a pathetic set up. Got it.

The girls deserved to make it, and deserved to make it the following year but didn't because the new coach pulled in players from their school/club. So, yes it's a pathetic set up.
As long as the evaluators and coaches are connected to certain clubs and schools the process will never change. The only way it will change is for Corrigan to change it. the 22 players chosen are not the best 22 players who tried out, there is no arguing this.

Well the highlight evaluators have done something right since they've won the tournament the last two years. I don't know what kids are being referred to that made it the 2 years prior but they must be 2022s because all the 2021s that had made UA the 2 years prior made the Highlight team so they had been on the team for 3 straight years. I'm guessing you are referring to NDP 2022s since Mac Coached the Command team in 2019. Seems rather disingenuous to argue that those girls made it the 2 years prior when Mac was coaching them but when they had to move up to Highlight they didn't make it because Mac was coaching command. You are saying that girls that made it when their coach picked the team should have been guaranteed spots when he wasn't? Not to mention the fact that they also had to beat out 2021s this past year? That makes no sense.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So when those girls made it and their coach was involved, they were undeserving because it is a pathetic set up. Got it.

The girls deserved to make it, and deserved to make it the following year but didn't because the new coach pulled in players from their school/club. So, yes it's a pathetic set up.
As long as the evaluators and coaches are connected to certain clubs and schools the process will never change. The only way it will change is for Corrigan to change it. the 22 players chosen are not the best 22 players who tried out, there is no arguing this.[/quote]

This is a joke right? Some salty dads thoughts only. Looking at Baltimore command team. 8 players from Sw 23 blue and not one Sw evaluator/ coach. How did that happen. The 22’s that made it in 19 are trying out against 21’s in 2020. Might have something to do with it and if you sat in on evals you would know that 15 evaluators helped decide team. Not 1 coach could get 1 player from their school/club on a team without being called out by another evaluator. You had evaluators from lots of schools and the big clubs in MD. But keeping thinking that and don’t try out and cry it’s a bad system. Baltimore has done pretty well in these events so they most be getting it close to right. And aren’t there more than 23 top D1 players in the area. If so then quite a few don’t make it and still have a great college career. You my friend are a clown.[/quote]

It is a horrible system. PERIOD. Again, how do you explain girls that made the team one year, do not even get a CALL BACK the following year? Not even called back??? That's a little strange IMO. The Highlight coach this year - non of "his girls" have made it in the past...hmmmm....what are the odds that at least 2 will be on it this year??? We will have to wait and see how UP AND UP this is...oops...it's NOT.[/quote]

There were a bunch of M&D and SW 2021 girls that are committed to top D1 schools that didn't get called back either. It's not easy to make the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post above . Putting 2and2 together here but a ndp 22 mom not happy and also talking about St. Paul’s 25 class. Who could that be? Hmmmm

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post above . Putting 2and2 together here but a ndp 22 mom not happy and also talking about St. Paul’s 25 class. Who could that be? Hmmmm

IDK. If it's her, her 22 daughter had to go down and tryout and made the DC team in 2018 so she hadn't been on the Baltimore team the last 2 years. Point was that 2021 M&D and SW girls committed to MD, PSU, Michigan, JMU, Loyola and several other top schools didn't get called back either. Assuming a 2022 that had been on team 2 years prior should automatically be called back is a big assumption. I will say that for whatever reason the Highlight team had a very small amount of girls in callback game. If I remember correctly it was only 32 which means all but 10 of the girls in callback game made the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line is playing or not playing in the UA does not qualify you as the "BEST" or not the best (if you don't make it). There is way too much emphasis on "you have to make it to prove that your the best". There are so many girls that have never tried out, or have tried out and not made it that go on to play in top D1 schools. These girls have enough to stress out about, they don't need something like this to justify themselves as players. Just my 2 cents.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2025 post has nothing to do with the UA posts. You sound like a parent trying to throw shade on someone else to take it off you. Move on. Have your TOP D1 player tryout again this year. She will be the older grad year and most likely make it(with or without phone calls), and you will feel better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh just STOP! I’ve been directed to this site and these posts by several friends in just the last hour! Wow! This site and the posts are terrible and honestly a little creepy! FYI- yes,I did have a 22 who tried out and didn’t make it last year. She is a good player who had an average tryout and didn’t deserve to make the team last year. I’m sure there are politics but they didn’t apply to my daughter this year so leave us alone. STOP calling out kids and families on this site! Someone else obviously feels their daughter should’ve made it but stop the finger pointing. I hope my teenage daughter doesn’t hear that random adults are spending their time talking about her or her family on an anonymous forum

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh just STOP! I’ve been directed to this site and these posts by several friends in just the last hour! Wow! This site and the posts are terrible and honestly a little creepy! FYI- yes,I did have a 22 who tried out and didn’t make it last year. She is a good player who had an average tryout and didn’t deserve to make the team last year. I’m sure there are politics but they didn’t apply to my daughter this year so leave us alone. STOP calling out kids and families on this site! Someone else obviously feels their daughter should’ve made it but stop the finger pointing. I hope my teenage daughter doesn’t hear that random adults are spending their time talking about her or her family on an anonymous forum
☝🏻

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I didn't see/read a name mentioned in these posts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe they knew the parents were crazy and didn't; want to deal with them??
Maybe they wanted the best team and sometimes its not always the "best players" which is really subjective anyway.
Then there is always willy wonka's golden ticket.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line is playing or not playing in the UA does not qualify you as the "BEST" or not the best (if you don't make it). There is way too much emphasis on "you have to make it to prove that your the best". There are so many girls that have never tried out, or have tried out and not made it that go on to play in top D1 schools. These girls have enough to stress out about, they don't need something like this to justify themselves as players. Just my 2 cents.
Agreed 100%

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They team they picked won it all! No way to prove otherwise. Since you don’t like the way things were done then don’t sign your top level D1 daughter up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They team they picked won it all! No way to prove otherwise. Since you don’t like the way things were done then don’t sign your top level D1 daughter up.
time to give it a rest

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA has some competition from Nike. Looks like a much better evaluation and selection process
https://americanselectlacrosse.com/

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA has some competition from Nike. Looks like a much better evaluation and selection process
If you think so, you didn’t browse past the main page...

MAIN EVENT COACHES
MAC FORD - NOTRE DAME PREP
BEV ALTIG - MD UNITED
MOLLY MCLAUGHLIN - SKYWALKERS
SARAH ARMOUR - ELITE LC
JOANNA LIGNELLI - COPPERMINE
JOHN BROWN - M&D/WESTMINSTER HS
TIERNEY AHEARN - HEROS
BROOKE SHRIVER - TLC/BRYN MAWR HS

At least we know sour NDP mom will be there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those sound like good coaches. If they are not in the "room" during selection it should be fine/ ideal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MAIN EVENT COACHES
BEV ALTIG - MD UNITED
SARAH ARMOUR - ELITE LC
TIERNEY AHEARN - HEROS

Either did you!

TEAM SELECTION PROCESS REDEFINED.
All players within the graduation year and region are welcome to try out and compete for a spot. The tryout process will be unlike any other, with collegiate coaches evaluating and selecting players. Club coaches will not be selecting the teams.

PROFESSIONAL INDEPENDENT EVALUATORS
COLLEGIATE COACH EVALUATORS
NO CLUB COACHES WILL SELECT THE TEAMS
EACH REGION WILL HAVE 4 TEAMS - 1 PER GRAD YEAR
DIGITAL EVALUATIONS
ALL COLLEGE COACHES INVITED TO TRYOUTS
IDENTIFYING THE BEST PLAYERS FROM EACH REGION REGARDLESS OF CLUB OR HIGH SCHOOL AFFILIATION

They are only the coaches, they have nothing to do with the selection process.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MAIN EVENT COACHES
BEV ALTIG - MD UNITED
SARAH ARMOUR - ELITE LC
TIERNEY AHEARN - HEROS

Either did you!

All players within the graduation year and region are welcome to try out and compete for a spot. The tryout process will be unlike any other, with collegiate coaches evaluating and selecting players. Club coaches will not be selecting the teams.

DIGITAL EVALUATIONS
IDENTIFYING THE BEST PLAYERS FROM EACH REGION REGARDLESS OF CLUB OR HIGH SCHOOL AFFILIATION

Are girls that have committed trying out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MAIN EVENT COACHES
BEV ALTIG - MD UNITED
SARAH ARMOUR - ELITE LC
TIERNEY AHEARN - HEROS

Either did you!

DIGITAL EVALUATIONS

Are girls that have committed trying out?
good question, but do not know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same runaround, different event, all the time, no matter what the site says. If your player doesn’t make it, you will be pissed and blame it on the politics.
Committed players can try out and will.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honest question here. What is wrong with a coach having input into a team they are coaching? Are these independent evalutators gonna pick the best players as determined by the expert parents?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
☝🏻

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did all of these coaches jump ship to American Select ? They were all so ingrained in UA why the switch ? Could American Select really not find other coaches

I can’t roll my eyes enough

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Honest question here. What is wrong with a coach having input into a team they are coaching? Are these independent evalutators gonna pick the best players as determined by the expert parents?

There is no problem with it if the coach is objective. Last year at UA Jesters coach selected 5 of his players and YJ coach selected 15 of hers including 2 from the 2nd YJ team. Legacy had 1 girl and TG had 1 girl there is no way that is objective that's why you need an independent evaluator to select the team based on ability not what club they are from.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honest question here. What is wrong with a coach having input into a team they are coaching? Are these independent evalutators gonna pick the best players as determined by the expert parents?

Coaches shouldn't have input at something like UA because they can't be objective. The same way parent coaches can't be objective. These teams should be chosen by who performs well at the tryouts. Nothing else should be considered. It shouldn't matter how strong a coach knows a girl "can be" or has been when she plays for him - it should be SOLELY based on those tryouts. And coaches know their players can perform well , even when they aren't having a good tryout, so they end up making teams like UA when other girls had better tryouts. That has always been my issue with these kinds of selection teams. And honestly - some of the girls that make these teams 100% deserve it - but alot of the time other girls are as deserving and don't ,

If independent evaluators are there and don't know the girls well - the teams would be chosen by tryout performance. You also eliminate any club/HS coaches trying to promote their players in the selection process. It is the best way to do it. I think you will see that alot of the same girls will still make the team - but if you remove the coaches and selectors from what are considered the "top" clubs in an area more girls from other teams will start to make some of these teams.

"Expert parents" won't even have a say in who gets selected. I'm not sure what that evens means.

Just my humble opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure I agree about others from ‘not top’ clubs will make it. The kids in top clubs teams are mostly a step above the others due to playing the best all summer. Other than that I agree and either way 100% of the evaluators, coaches and parents will never agree on team makeup but hopefully this reduces some of the complaining.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same runaround, different event, all the time, no matter what the site says. If your player doesn’t make it, you will be pissed and blame it on the politics.
Committed players can try out and will.

Not the same thing in that it costs $595 to play if you are selected where as UA Underclass is free. $125 for try out for American Select and $145 to tryout for UA. $595 is an insane amount of money to expect people to pay to play in this event. Plus it's in Delaware so everyone will need to find hotels which there aren't a ton of in that area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did all of these coaches jump ship to American Select ? They were all so ingrained in UA why the switch ? Could American Select really not find other coaches

I can’t roll my eyes enough

My guess is considering it costs $595 plus a $125 tryout fee to play in American Select that the coaches are getting paid a lot more money than they did by UA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Honest question here. What is wrong with a coach having input into a team they are coaching? Are these independent evalutators gonna pick the best players as determined by the expert parents?

There is no problem with it if the coach is objective. Last year at UA Jesters coach selected 5 of his players and YJ coach selected 15 of hers including 2 from the 2nd YJ team. Legacy had 1 girl and TG had 1 girl there is no way that is objective that's why you need an independent evaluator to select the team based on ability not what club they are from.

That UA was a disaster. you could almost say corrupt...lol UA lost its credibility on that one. Maybe why people are jumping ship

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
22 make it in 2022 thru 2025 in each region. 11K in tryout fees + 52K in tourney costs. 63K per region? Tryout fees for the other girls who don't make the teams is just icing on the cake. Just think of the cost if it was not sponsored? If you were committed already I would get my parents to give me the $700 bucks for college spending money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That UA was a disaster. you could almost say corrupt...lol UA lost its credibility on that one. Maybe why people are jumping ship

The best players will make UA and AS will be for the next set of girls. UA is still the best and it hopefully leads to the biggest HS individual achievement; making the Senior UA AA game.
People.can call this past year a disaster but UA still had the best 12-15 2023 girls from the island chosen. no arguing that. maybe the last 8-10 spots were politics.
That said the AS should be a good event but the best players will still be at the FREE UA games

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The best players will make UA and AS will be for the next set of girls. UA is still the best and it hopefully leads to the biggest HS individual achievement; making the Senior UA AA game.
People.can call this past year a disaster but UA still had the best 12-15 2023 girls from the island chosen. no arguing that. maybe the last 8-10 spots were politics.
That said the AS should be a good event but the best players will still be at the FREE UA games

Can you say "best" anymore....that's what's wrong with ALL of it. It does not make you the "best" if you are selected....some of the "best" NEVER play in it...enough already with the word "best"!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Corrigan Sports/UA had to open the Call Back Academy to anyone who tried out because they were not able to get enough players to participate otherwise. UA is slowly becoming irrelevant because of the role they let club directors, club coaches, and parent coaches play. It is not a fair process, and until you pull the clubs/high schools/parents out of the evaluation process and start to use more outside evaluators like Nike is going to ATTEMPT to do, you are going to continue to suffer. People have woke because of the gross display of bias this past summer at all regional tryouts, not just Baltimore and DC. I hope Nike is more legit for the sakes of the players and their bank accounts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Corrigan Sports/UA had to open the Call Back Academy to anyone who tried out because they were not able to get enough players to participate otherwise. UA is slowly becoming irrelevant because of the role they let club directors, club coaches, and parent coaches play. It is not a fair process, and until you pull the clubs/high schools/parents out of the evaluation process and start to use more outside evaluators like Nike is going to ATTEMPT to do, you are going to continue to suffer. People have woke because of the gross display of bias this past summer at all regional tryouts, not just Baltimore and DC. I hope Nike is more legit for the sakes of the players and their bank accounts.
how much thought did UA and Nike give to the dates of these 2 tournaments. The last week of July is a huge vacation week for a lot of lax families, especially on the East Coast. they will going to the beaches from LI to OBX. thank god my kids committed and i'll be sitting in a beach chair that week

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope you are correct on this one.

Corrigan Sports/UA had to open the Call Back Academy to anyone who tried out because they were not able to get enough players to participate otherwise. UA is slowly becoming irrelevant because of the role they let club directors, club coaches, and parent coaches play. It is not a fair process, and until you pull the clubs/high schools/parents out of the evaluation process and start to use more outside evaluators like Nike is going to ATTEMPT to do, you are going to continue to suffer. People have woke because of the gross display of bias this past summer at all regional tryouts, not just Baltimore and DC. I hope Nike is more legit for the sakes of the players and their bank accounts.[/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

how much thought did UA and Nike give to the dates of these 2 tournaments. The last week of July is a huge vacation week for a lot of lax families, especially on the East Coast. they will going to the beaches from LI to OBX. thank god my kids committed and i'll be sitting in a beach chair that week
What he/she said^

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nike is attempting to do it at the price of $720. UA is $145 if you make the team. For the life of me I can't figure out what on earth would make anyone willing to pay $575 more for the same product. Both events will have a ton of college coaches attending. Both events give you a uniform. Can't say Nike is a money grab but compared to UA it certainly is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So notIntelligent they are on the same weekend. You will end up with 2 watered down events. Some regions the better girls will be at UA and other regions they will be at AS. Why have it on the same weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That said the AS should be a good event but the best players will still be at the FREE UA games[/quote]

The best players will try out in May for AS. UA tryouts in July will get those that didn’t make it. Plenty enough talent to fill both rosters. AS is scaring UA because it goes off first and you know no girl wants to be left out and if you just go to UA you increase your chances of missing out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 22s are basically done, very few 23s will make any UA regional team. Those few that do are already known by the top college coaches. Coaches would be better served by attending AS.

Like Reply Quote
Page 17 of 114 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 113 114
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard