Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
Team Registration is Now Open for the East Coast Showdown & Lehigh Lax Fest!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 03/06/21 07:47 AM
NEW Kellenberg Head Coach!
by Anonymous - 03/06/21 07:45 AM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous - 03/06/21 07:42 AM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 03/06/21 07:22 AM
True Annapolis
by Anonymous - 03/06/21 07:20 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,275
Posts283,514
Members2,244
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 43 of 52 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 51 52
Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #319240 01/25/21 05:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The girls deserved to make it, and deserved to make it the following year but didn't because the new coach pulled in players from their school/club. So, yes it's a pathetic set up.

Were you an evaluator / coach ? If not your opinion on who deserved to make it doesn’t count.[/quote]

There will always be politics involved in these decisions, there is no denying that.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #319255 01/25/21 07:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is a joke right? Some salty dads thoughts only. Looking at Baltimore command team. 8 players from Sw 23 blue and not one Sw evaluator/ coach. How did that happen. The 22’s that made it in 19 are trying out against 21’s in 2020. Might have something to do with it and if you sat in on evals you would know that 15 evaluators helped decide team. Not 1 coach could get 1 player from their school/club on a team without being called out by another evaluator. You had evaluators from lots of schools and the big clubs in MD. But keeping thinking that and don’t try out and cry it’s a bad system. Baltimore has done pretty well in these events so they most be getting it close to right. And aren’t there more than 23 top D1 players in the area. If so then quite a few don’t make it and still have a great college career. You my friend are a clown.
It is a salty mom. The dad sits behind her yelling “yeah!” as she types.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So when those girls made it and their coach was involved, they were undeserving because it is a pathetic set up. Got it.

The girls deserved to make it, and deserved to make it the following year but didn't because the new coach pulled in players from their school/club. So, yes it's a pathetic set up.[/quote]
As long as the evaluators and coaches are connected to certain clubs and schools the process will never change. The only way it will change is for Corrigan to change it. the 22 players chosen are not the best 22 players who tried out, there is no arguing this.[/quote]

This is a joke right? Some salty dads thoughts only. Looking at Baltimore command team. 8 players from Sw 23 blue and not one Sw evaluator/ coach. How did that happen. The 22’s that made it in 19 are trying out against 21’s in 2020. Might have something to do with it and if you sat in on evals you would know that 15 evaluators helped decide team. Not 1 coach could get 1 player from their school/club on a team without being called out by another evaluator. You had evaluators from lots of schools and the big clubs in MD. But keeping thinking that and don’t try out and cry it’s a bad system. Baltimore has done pretty well in these events so they most be getting it close to right. And aren’t there more than 23 top D1 players in the area. If so then quite a few don’t make it and still have a great college career. You my friend are a clown.[/quote]
just a guess, you were an evaluator or a coach. if so you are part of the problem

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #319256 01/25/21 08:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are right. Lots of politics. Don’t try out

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #319268 01/25/21 09:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is a joke right? Some salty dads thoughts only. Looking at Baltimore command team. 8 players from Sw 23 blue and not one Sw evaluator/ coach. How did that happen. The 22’s that made it in 19 are trying out against 21’s in 2020. Might have something to do with it and if you sat in on evals you would know that 15 evaluators helped decide team. Not 1 coach could get 1 player from their school/club on a team without being called out by another evaluator. You had evaluators from lots of schools and the big clubs in MD. But keeping thinking that and don’t try out and cry it’s a bad system. Baltimore has done pretty well in these events so they most be getting it close to right. And aren’t there more than 23 top D1 players in the area. If so then quite a few don’t make it and still have a great college career. You my friend are a clown.
It is a salty mom. The dad sits behind her yelling “yeah!” as she types.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So when those girls made it and their coach was involved, they were undeserving because it is a pathetic set up. Got it.

The girls deserved to make it, and deserved to make it the following year but didn't because the new coach pulled in players from their school/club. So, yes it's a pathetic set up.
As long as the evaluators and coaches are connected to certain clubs and schools the process will never change. The only way it will change is for Corrigan to change it. the 22 players chosen are not the best 22 players who tried out, there is no arguing this.[/quote]

This is a joke right? Some salty dads thoughts only. Looking at Baltimore command team. 8 players from Sw 23 blue and not one Sw evaluator/ coach. How did that happen. The 22’s that made it in 19 are trying out against 21’s in 2020. Might have something to do with it and if you sat in on evals you would know that 15 evaluators helped decide team. Not 1 coach could get 1 player from their school/club on a team without being called out by another evaluator. You had evaluators from lots of schools and the big clubs in MD. But keeping thinking that and don’t try out and cry it’s a bad system. Baltimore has done pretty well in these events so they most be getting it close to right. And aren’t there more than 23 top D1 players in the area. If so then quite a few don’t make it and still have a great college career. You my friend are a clown.[/quote]
just a guess, you were an evaluator or a coach. if so you are part of the problem[/quote]

Which kid was yours or shut up!!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #319277 01/26/21 08:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So when those girls made it and their coach was involved, they were undeserving because it is a pathetic set up. Got it.

The girls deserved to make it, and deserved to make it the following year but didn't because the new coach pulled in players from their school/club. So, yes it's a pathetic set up.[/quote]
As long as the evaluators and coaches are connected to certain clubs and schools the process will never change. The only way it will change is for Corrigan to change it. the 22 players chosen are not the best 22 players who tried out, there is no arguing this.[/quote]

This is a joke right? Some salty dads thoughts only. Looking at Baltimore command team. 8 players from Sw 23 blue and not one Sw evaluator/ coach. How did that happen. The 22’s that made it in 19 are trying out against 21’s in 2020. Might have something to do with it and if you sat in on evals you would know that 15 evaluators helped decide team. Not 1 coach could get 1 player from their school/club on a team without being called out by another evaluator. You had evaluators from lots of schools and the big clubs in MD. But keeping thinking that and don’t try out and cry it’s a bad system. Baltimore has done pretty well in these events so they most be getting it close to right. And aren’t there more than 23 top D1 players in the area. If so then quite a few don’t make it and still have a great college career. You my friend are a clown.[/quote]

It is a horrible system. PERIOD. Again, how do you explain girls that made the team one year, do not even get a CALL BACK the following year? Not even called back??? That's a little strange IMO. The Highlight coach this year - non of "his girls" have made it in the past...hmmmm....what are the odds that at least 2 will be on it this year??? We will have to wait and see how UP AND UP this is...oops...it's NOT.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #319286 01/26/21 09:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is a joke right? Some salty dads thoughts only. Looking at Baltimore command team. 8 players from Sw 23 blue and not one Sw evaluator/ coach. How did that happen. The 22’s that made it in 19 are trying out against 21’s in 2020. Might have something to do with it and if you sat in on evals you would know that 15 evaluators helped decide team. Not 1 coach could get 1 player from their school/club on a team without being called out by another evaluator. You had evaluators from lots of schools and the big clubs in MD. But keeping thinking that and don’t try out and cry it’s a bad system. Baltimore has done pretty well in these events so they most be getting it close to right. And aren’t there more than 23 top D1 players in the area. If so then quite a few don’t make it and still have a great college career. You my friend are a clown.
It is a salty mom. The dad sits behind her yelling “yeah!” as she types.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So when those girls made it and their coach was involved, they were undeserving because it is a pathetic set up. Got it.

The girls deserved to make it, and deserved to make it the following year but didn't because the new coach pulled in players from their school/club. So, yes it's a pathetic set up.
As long as the evaluators and coaches are connected to certain clubs and schools the process will never change. The only way it will change is for Corrigan to change it. the 22 players chosen are not the best 22 players who tried out, there is no arguing this.

This is a joke right? Some salty dads thoughts only. Looking at Baltimore command team. 8 players from Sw 23 blue and not one Sw evaluator/ coach. How did that happen. The 22’s that made it in 19 are trying out against 21’s in 2020. Might have something to do with it and if you sat in on evals you would know that 15 evaluators helped decide team. Not 1 coach could get 1 player from their school/club on a team without being called out by another evaluator. You had evaluators from lots of schools and the big clubs in MD. But keeping thinking that and don’t try out and cry it’s a bad system. Baltimore has done pretty well in these events so they most be getting it close to right. And aren’t there more than 23 top D1 players in the area. If so then quite a few don’t make it and still have a great college career. You my friend are a clown.[/quote]
just a guess, you were an evaluator or a coach. if so you are part of the problem[/quote]

Which kid was yours or shut up!![/quote]
now you sound like a salty evaluator or coach

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #319306 01/26/21 12:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Highlight was 3 ladies. So your argument is done. If you are evaluating a tryout then past history means nothing! Keep going though with your crazy rants. This is highly entertaining.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #319316 01/26/21 01:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Highlight was 3 ladies. So your argument is done. If you are evaluating a tryout then past history means nothing! Keep going though with your crazy rants. This is highly entertaining.
I'm confused with why the argument is "done" because "Highlight was 3 ladies"? One of them being a Hero's director, one being at Bryn Mawr and the other having their hand in M&D???? Sooooooo again, how is the "argument done"??????? Count how many of the girls came from M&D and Hero's alone? Hmmmmmm

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #319324 01/26/21 03:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So when those girls made it and their coach was involved, they were undeserving because it is a pathetic set up. Got it.

The girls deserved to make it, and deserved to make it the following year but didn't because the new coach pulled in players from their school/club. So, yes it's a pathetic set up.
As long as the evaluators and coaches are connected to certain clubs and schools the process will never change. The only way it will change is for Corrigan to change it. the 22 players chosen are not the best 22 players who tried out, there is no arguing this.[/quote]

This is a joke right? Some salty dads thoughts only. Looking at Baltimore command team. 8 players from Sw 23 blue and not one Sw evaluator/ coach. How did that happen. The 22’s that made it in 19 are trying out against 21’s in 2020. Might have something to do with it and if you sat in on evals you would know that 15 evaluators helped decide team. Not 1 coach could get 1 player from their school/club on a team without being called out by another evaluator. You had evaluators from lots of schools and the big clubs in MD. But keeping thinking that and don’t try out and cry it’s a bad system. Baltimore has done pretty well in these events so they most be getting it close to right. And aren’t there more than 23 top D1 players in the area. If so then quite a few don’t make it and still have a great college career. You my friend are a clown.[/quote]

It is a horrible system. PERIOD. Again, how do you explain girls that made the team one year, do not even get a CALL BACK the following year? Not even called back??? That's a little strange IMO. The Highlight coach this year - non of "his girls" have made it in the past...hmmmm....what are the odds that at least 2 will be on it this year??? We will have to wait and see how UP AND UP this is...oops...it's NOT.[/quote]
the team will be mostly Redshirts this year. Heros and M&D girls should just skip tryouts this year.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
B_O_T_C #319328 01/26/21 03:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on where 2025 girls are going next year? Usually a big topic of discussion. doesn't seem like Taylor has recruited kids, or if MCD is not recruiting anymore. SPSG seems like the IT school! John Carroll is going to be a sleeper school watch out. Ton of 23/24 girls at JC already. Maryvale seems strong too.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #319355 01/26/21 09:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It “proves” that it has EVERYTHING to do w/ who the coaches are...look at who the coach is & see how many girls come from their school/club. The girls that didn’t even get called back last year all came from a school where their coach had coached the year prior...not good enough? Those same girls are ALL committed to TOP D1 schools!!!! But weren’t “good enough” to even be called back last year...it’s a pathetic set up & in no way indicates who how well the girl is as a player!
So when those girls made it and their coach was involved, they were undeserving because it is a pathetic set up. Got it.

The girls deserved to make it, and deserved to make it the following year but didn't because the new coach pulled in players from their school/club. So, yes it's a pathetic set up.
As long as the evaluators and coaches are connected to certain clubs and schools the process will never change. The only way it will change is for Corrigan to change it. the 22 players chosen are not the best 22 players who tried out, there is no arguing this.

Well the highlight evaluators have done something right since they've won the tournament the last two years. I don't know what kids are being referred to that made it the 2 years prior but they must be 2022s because all the 2021s that had made UA the 2 years prior made the Highlight team so they had been on the team for 3 straight years. I'm guessing you are referring to NDP 2022s since Mac Coached the Command team in 2019. Seems rather disingenuous to argue that those girls made it the 2 years prior when Mac was coaching them but when they had to move up to Highlight they didn't make it because Mac was coaching command. You are saying that girls that made it when their coach picked the team should have been guaranteed spots when he wasn't? Not to mention the fact that they also had to beat out 2021s this past year? That makes no sense.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #319356 01/26/21 09:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So when those girls made it and their coach was involved, they were undeserving because it is a pathetic set up. Got it.

The girls deserved to make it, and deserved to make it the following year but didn't because the new coach pulled in players from their school/club. So, yes it's a pathetic set up.
As long as the evaluators and coaches are connected to certain clubs and schools the process will never change. The only way it will change is for Corrigan to change it. the 22 players chosen are not the best 22 players who tried out, there is no arguing this.[/quote]

This is a joke right? Some salty dads thoughts only. Looking at Baltimore command team. 8 players from Sw 23 blue and not one Sw evaluator/ coach. How did that happen. The 22’s that made it in 19 are trying out against 21’s in 2020. Might have something to do with it and if you sat in on evals you would know that 15 evaluators helped decide team. Not 1 coach could get 1 player from their school/club on a team without being called out by another evaluator. You had evaluators from lots of schools and the big clubs in MD. But keeping thinking that and don’t try out and cry it’s a bad system. Baltimore has done pretty well in these events so they most be getting it close to right. And aren’t there more than 23 top D1 players in the area. If so then quite a few don’t make it and still have a great college career. You my friend are a clown.[/quote]

It is a horrible system. PERIOD. Again, how do you explain girls that made the team one year, do not even get a CALL BACK the following year? Not even called back??? That's a little strange IMO. The Highlight coach this year - non of "his girls" have made it in the past...hmmmm....what are the odds that at least 2 will be on it this year??? We will have to wait and see how UP AND UP this is...oops...it's NOT.[/quote]

There were a bunch of M&D and SW 2021 girls that are committed to top D1 schools that didn't get called back either. It's not easy to make the team.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
B_O_T_C #319359 01/26/21 10:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post above . Putting 2and2 together here but a ndp 22 mom not happy and also talking about St. Paul’s 25 class. Who could that be? Hmmmm

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #319369 01/27/21 09:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great post above . Putting 2and2 together here but a ndp 22 mom not happy and also talking about St. Paul’s 25 class. Who could that be? Hmmmm

IDK. If it's her, her 22 daughter had to go down and tryout and made the DC team in 2018 so she hadn't been on the Baltimore team the last 2 years. Point was that 2021 M&D and SW girls committed to MD, PSU, Michigan, JMU, Loyola and several other top schools didn't get called back either. Assuming a 2022 that had been on team 2 years prior should automatically be called back is a big assumption. I will say that for whatever reason the Highlight team had a very small amount of girls in callback game. If I remember correctly it was only 32 which means all but 10 of the girls in callback game made the team.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
B_O_T_C #319371 01/27/21 09:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line is playing or not playing in the UA does not qualify you as the "BEST" or not the best (if you don't make it). There is way too much emphasis on "you have to make it to prove that your the best". There are so many girls that have never tried out, or have tried out and not made it that go on to play in top D1 schools. These girls have enough to stress out about, they don't need something like this to justify themselves as players. Just my 2 cents.

Like Reply Quote
Page 43 of 52 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 51 52
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4